Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate (19580 Views)

Ramas Azuzu: Yahaya Bello Endorsed By 'Oracles And Spirits’ To Win / Miyetti Allah Calls For Establishment Of Fulani Vigilantes In South East / 3 APC Members Killed In Adikpo, Benue By Angry Mob Who Mistook Them For Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by chuksahamefule: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2018
The Senate has technically endorsed the establishment of Federal Polytechnic Adikpo, Benue State, Federal Polytechnic Item, Abia State and Federal College of Education, Omuo Ekiti, Ekiti State.

The endorsement followed the consideration of the Bills which proposed the establishment of the institutions at a widely attended public hearing held by the upper chamber in Abuja.

Senators Barnabas Gemade sponsored the Bill for the establishment Federal Polytechnic, Adikpo while Senator Mao Ohuabunwa proposed the establishment of Federal Polytechnic Item.

Senator Biodun Olujimi sponsored the establishment of Federal Collage of Education, Omuo Ekiti.

Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye who represented Senate President at the public hearing underscored the importance of education in the country.

He also stressed the need to spread the establishment of educational institutions in parts of the country for the benefit of education hungry Nigerians,

Adeyeye assured that the Senate will continue to support the establishment of vital higher institutions in the country.

The Osun Central lawmaker noted that there was no doubt polytechnics have continued to play vital role in the provision of middle level manpower and young professionals who help in no small measure in the development of the country.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund, Senator Jibrin Barau noted that the public hearing became necessary in order to enable Nigerians make input before the Bills are passed.

Barau said the input of the public will, no doubt, will enrich the Bills before their passage into law.

Senator Gemade who gave the synopsis of why Federal Polytechnic Adikpo should be established noted that Benue State is one of the few states in the north that are known to have made education an industry.

Gemade also said that the establishment of the polytechnic will help to balance the establishment institutions of higher learning in the state.

He noted that the only federal presence in his entire constituency is a unity school which is not significant enough to give the people a sense of belonging.

He said that the people of Adikpo area were not only industrious in education but have produced five vice chancellors that served in the state and at national level.

The lawmaker added that he is convinced that the establishment of the institution will go a long way to enhance the education fortunes of Benue State people.

On his own Senator Ohuabunwa, noted that apart from University of Agriculture Umudike, there is no other federal institution in the state.

He said that the Senate came up with the resolution that there should be federal presence in every constituency in the interest of Nigerians.

He said that the Federal Polytechnic Item is well cut out as the best location to site the institution because of the abundance of technical know-how in the area.

The Abia North lawmaker said that there were many schools in the area to feed the polytechnic for the benefit of the country.

Senate Deputy Minority Whip, Olujimi said that each constituency wanted federal presence to give the people sense of belonging.

She noted that Ekiti State is known for one industry ‘and that industry is education.”

Olujimi said that Ekiti South should be given a right of place through the establishment of the Federal College of Education.

She said that the people were ready to give whatever it takes to facilitate establishment of the institution.

At the end of the public hearing nobody spoke against the establishment of the three institutions in the three states.

Barau promised to submit the report of his committee to the Senate in plenary as soon as possible.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/senate-endorses-three-higher-institutions-establishment/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Aonkuuse(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
wow federal polytechnic Adikpo in my constituency. that's good, kudos to my sleeping senator, sen B I Gemade

9 Likes

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by MrTymlez: 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
2nd to comment
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by onupeter(m): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Really?
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by judecares1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
na so so school una go establish?

1 Like

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Badboiz(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
No job, na so so school just full everywhere . Nothing beats being self employed
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by CMartini: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
I didn't even read all dhat

1 Like

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Bulcqlay(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
okay
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by rickyrex(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
That's nice even thou am not from any of the states am happy especially for that of abia. Anything state education is expensive and infrastructure are limited, lectures extort a lot from students. Ive always the federal institutions even thou they still have along way to go. The rush our of abia poly will now be diverted abit to the new federal poly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Philinho(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Always neglecting Zone C. In Benue State .
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by fa4dmike(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Abeg let them empower the people beyond the type of education we are currently receiving in Nigeria. We need a kind of education that will help us build our resources from scratch, indulging the people in the use of raw materials and how to make the raw materials. We have the natural resources. We are tired of finding x and y, Charles law and boyles law

6 Likes

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by LibertyRep: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
The people of Benue and Abia should massively REJECT the Federal Polytechnics and demand for Federal Universities of Technology instead.

My humble opinion though

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Kennyfancy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
ok
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by zikter(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Aonkuuse:
wow federal polytechnic Adikpo in my constituency. that's good, kudos to my sleeping senator, sen B I Gemade
you are right, Adikpo is a perfect location for that. Am very happy for this development, at least if it is going to be the only Gemade can do.

1 Like

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
LibertyRep:
The people of that community should massively REJECT the Institution and demand for a University of Technology instead.

My humble opinion though
They should be content with that one. Many communities are struggling to get that

2 Likes

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by sanerugwei: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2018
As they are mainly in the 7% zone, let us hope our ethnic oga will not veto it again.

Main achievement so far: veto all bills from NASS not favouring his personal agenda..

3 Likes

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by oyetunder(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
We should let go of sentiments. Let them ensure that all the established tertiary institutions are out of decay first. Now we will build uncompleted buildings... The era of planting projects just to please or balance an impossible equation should be done away with please.

1 Like

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by miqos02(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
Okk
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by bomagidi: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
nice one
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Komu1048(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
So at last omuo will have one institution, fed coe we want u. Biko nu
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by linsa01(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
I appreciate Senator Abiodun Olujimi for this bold step. This is good for Ekiti at large

2 Likes

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Chukazu: 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
And Niger Deltan Senators were sleeping on plenary sections?

1 Like

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Taku555(m): 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
Aonkuuse:
finally there would be Banks in Adikpo
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by Omuneizzy6(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
education is power but excess education for many will lead to unemployement
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by jamesbridget13(f): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
Abeg make them do.

My hubby needs a lecturing job asap
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by sublim: 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
Get started!

Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by kels4fun(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
ITEM

MAKE I BUY LAND FIRST
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by fergie001: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Abia is one of the very few Southern states standing with only a fed Univ,no other fed higher institution(poly or c-oed).

But are we creating it to balance up or to strengthen the educational system?...the ones we have are below par....FG should strengthen the ones they have please
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by OlujobaSamuel: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
est schs to balance geographical equation and not impacting knowledge.
If I am the president, so many schs(fg) would be merged, close all polytechnics, tech, health, edu and mgt colleges to be 3yrs prog with diploma, if you want a degree, join a uni at 300level.
I don tire for this nonsense opening of schs like bet9ja shop
Re: Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic In Item, Adikpo Endorsed By The Senate by tellmoon(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
LibertyRep:
The people of Benue and Abia should massively REJECT the Federal Polytechnics and demand for Federal Universities of Technology instead.

My humble opinion though
Benue state already has thr Federal University of Agriculture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Faults Muric’s Position On Appointments Made By Ekitigovernment / Omisore Visits Bisi Akande In Osun / Fasoranti: I Never Said Adebanjo Is No Longer Afenifere Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.