Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos (2599 Views)

Oil & Gas Servicing Company Fresh Job Vacancies (9 Positions) / Telecoms Engineering And Oil & Gas Servicing Company Is Hiring - Apply Now / Ongoing Recruitment In A Reputable Oil And Gas Servicing Company (lagos And Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
An Oil and Gas servicing firm located in Ajah, Lekki is recruiting the role of an Accountant.
Applicants must not be more than 26years old
Applicants must be a B.Sc or HND holder with a minimum of Second Class Lower or its equivalent
Applicants must command good use of english language and accounting software packages
Applicants must reside within Ajah and its environs
Applicants must have minimum 1 - 2 years experience in same field

NOTE:
Previous accounting experience is an added advantage
Professional certification is an added advantage (ICAN, ACCA e.t.c)
Renumeration is 800,000 per annum (Subject to negotiations if all requirements are met)

Interested applicants should please forward a copy of CV, WAEC/NECO certificate, B.SC/HND certificate and NYSC certificate to afolinks@outlook.com on or before 23/03/2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted please.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by IVORY2009(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
What is the name of this company... shocked

1 Like

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by Draxy(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
For ICAN, a 2:1 student and u offering 800k per annum ..wow that's like averagly 66k monthly .... J guys must be high on some cheap trams...youths need to be wise and this companies will seat up

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by undefeated(m): 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
I thought I was the only one doing the maths. N66,667. do you have conscience at all. well no be una fault

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 6:13am On Mar 22, 2018
Some people make excuses all there lives and will never read posts well

The post says second class lower (2.2)

Ican/Acca an advantage, never said a prerequisite

Even said d renumeration is based on negotiations, that is for the benefit of those that meets all the criterias, you get to negotiate your pay

The post even went as far as saying applicants should be within its ajah and its environs so transportation wnt be a problem

Read between the lines

Alot of people out there with so called professional certification work as a contract sales persons at banks with pay of 60k and still far from home.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 6:18am On Mar 22, 2018
ephbe:
Some people make excuses all there lives and will never read posts well

The post says second class lower (2.2)

Ican/Acca an advantage, never said a prerequisite

Even said d renumeration is based on negotiations, that is for the benefit of those that meets all the criterias, you get to negotiate your pay

The post even went as far as saying applicants should be within its ajah and its environs so transportation wnt be a problem

Read between the lines

Alot of people out there with so called professional certification work as a contract sales persons at banks with pay of 60k and still far from home.

Not saying d money is much
But for a young graduate, had 2.2, stays in ajah/lekki/VI, 70k aint all that bad.
How many jobs pays 70k to young graduates dis days

1 Like

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 6:30am On Mar 22, 2018
Draxy:
For ICAN, a 2:1 student and u offering 800k per annum ..wow that's like averagly 66k monthly .... J guys must be high on some cheap trams...youths need to be wise and this companies will seat up

Dont knw how well you have experience of nigerian youths, just so you know, the employer has interviewed over 20 graduates and trust me, they all scored less than 15 in GMAT of 50 questions.
What do you make of that?
I only took the liberty to drop the advert on nairaland perhaps the knowledgeable ones could pick it up
The youths themselves, sometimes are not just employable
If you wow an employer, then you shld be proud to bargain your salary because you know your worth.

Now who is supposed to seat who up!!!
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by Molly17(f): 7:20am On Mar 22, 2018
ephbe:

Dont knw how well you have experience of nigerian youths, just so you know, the employer has interviewed over 20 graduates and trust me, they all scored less than 15 in GMAT of 50 questions.
I only took the liberty to drop the advert on nairaland perhaps the knowledgeable ones could pick it up
If you wow an employer, then you shld be proud to bargain your salary because you know your worth.

Please, do you have any other vacant position for non accounting graduates like myself?
Thank you.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 8:36am On Mar 22, 2018
Molly17:

Please, do you have any other vacant position for non accounting graduates like myself?
Thank you.

I am in talks with the CEO
I sincerely doubt they do
I will keep the group posted when they need more

They actually have an accountant, they one need one more person in accounts section, technically, the person's job function wont be that much
Mon - Fri (8 -5pm)
Aint life grande

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by oshdam2015: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2018
Mr Employer, and how does GMAT score translates to good performance on the job. The fact that things are done in a particular way doesn't mean that is the best way. The company is recruiting for an accountant, what is wrong with function specific test?
ephbe:

1 Like

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2018
oshdam2015:
Mr Employer, and how does GMAT score translates to good performance on the job. The fact that things are done in a particular way doesn't mean that is the best way. The company is recruiting for an accountant, what is wrong with function specific test?

You dont get it do you?
Have you ever wondered why organizations use GMAT or Psychometric tests as some call it as basis of employment?

Function specific jobs dont require function specific test oga
Any1 with d right set of mind can perform job based functions because every job comes with instructions and manuals
Now how do we set aside those that can read and understand the instructions and manuals from those that cant?

Why do you think some companies do profiling of staff before employing them.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by misturib: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2018
ephbe:

You dont get it do you?
Have you ever wondered why organizations use GMAT or Psychometric tests as some call it as basis of employment?

Any1 with d right set of mind can perform job based functions because every job comes with instructions and manuals
Now how do we set aside those that can read and understand the instructions and manuals from those that cant?

just seeing this and applied, hope its still open. I live far right now but I have a living space in Ajah. Thanks.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by corpershun: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2018
ephbe:

The salary quoted above determines the kind of people that will be going for the interview. Better soup nah money kill am.
If u guys want to see a new set of eccentric candidates put that salary at 100,000 minimum and watch individuals come blast that GMAT.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by misturib: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2018
corpershun:

The salary quoted above determines the kind of people that will be going for the interview. Better soup nah money kill am.
If u guys want to see a new set of eccentric candidates put that salary at 100,000 minimum and watch individuals come blast that GMAT.

I believe anybody that is made of quality, would be able to negotiate after aceing their apt test.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
misturib:

I believe anybody that is made of quality, would be able to negotiate after aceing their apt test.

Exactly my point
I actually posted that 800k there out of my own accord funningly although they will pay more than that, that am sure

When u ace d test, u take interview then talk to them i want so so amt
They will not loose u knwing they hv found a star
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by oshdam2015: 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
That is why we get it all wrong. Have you wondered why companies with accountants still engaged accounting consulting firms to solve complex accounting transaction. They employ based on general knowledge using general testing methodology. GMAT or psychometric test is okay if it is test alongside job specific test. Most especially for some roles. Using them as the sole test for some test is not wise because those roles require certain expertise to be effective.
ephbe:

You dont get it do you?

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by misturib: 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
oshdam2015:
That is why we get it all wrong. Have you wondered why companies with accountants still engaged accounting consulting firms to solve complex accounting transaction. They employ based on general knowledge using general testing methodology. GMAT or psychometric test is okay if it is test alongside job specific test. Most especially for some roles. Using them as the sole test for some test is not wise because those roles require certain expertise to be effective.

Do you also know that lots of accounting graduates can't prepare a simple excel sheet. That is why the profession has been taken over by engineers mostly who do their ican exams and other professional courses in accounting
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by oshdam2015: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Now judge yourself. Is GMAT testing preparation of account? Use of excel? We know the people you are talking about. Now listen, a smart engineer that is practicing accounting can never be compared to a smart accountant who has always been an accountant... There is difference. We have people that are not engineers supervising engineering work effectively after some training. Stop trying to justify the faulty assessment. GMAT and Psychometric test are usually used for graduate trainees who can be deployed to any unit of the organization. You are specific about employing an accountant here. Why then GMAT? .
misturib:

Do you also know that lots of accounting graduates can't prepare a simple excel sheet. That is why the profession has been taken over by engineers mostly who do their ican exams and other professional courses in accounting

1 Like

Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by ephbe(m): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
oshdam2015:
Now judge yourself. Is GMAT testing preparation of account? Use of excel? We know the people you are talking about. Now listen, a smart engineer that is practicing accounting can never be compared to a smart accountant who has always been an accountant... There is difference. We have people that are not engineers supervising engineering work effectively after some training. Stop trying to justify the faulty assessment. GMAT and Psychometric test are usually used for graduate trainees who can be deployed to any unit of the organization. You are specific about employing an accountant here. Why then GMAT? .

Your point is understood

You are forgetting that employers dont employ you because you have studied a program related to the Job opening rather, they employ only those who will add value to them, of what use is an accountant that can use all account packages but lacks communication and self management skills to the company whereas there is an OND holder, who probably studied secretarial studies with great committment and motivation, and a damn good IQ.
Who do you think they would employ

The GMAT and the Psychometric tests are jst IQ based test to know how knowledgeable the applicants are.

This is why companies have different levels of interview starting with the aptitude test first.

Whatever knowledge they require of you on the job doesnt need to be written, they would rather ask you during interview. That is why there is something called On-the-Job-Training.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by oshdam2015: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
Well I get you. It’s good to test those aspects. I’m just concerned that GMAT and Psychometric test are now being taught. As such, passing it may be as a result of practice and not intelligence. God should just help us. There’s no rigid way of getting effective candidate for a role. It’s cool to be flexible atimes. I’ve gone for an interview where computer was given to work on excel. They knew the role requires good knowledge of excel and they probably don’t have provision for too much of training. Candidate may fail GMAT but still perform wonderfully well on the job. The test should address the need of the role if specific. However, GMAT could be a good way to shortlist when you have numerous candidate. Continue with the good work.
ephbe:

Your point is understood

You are forgetting that employers dont employ you because you have studied a program related to the Job opening rather, they employ only those who will add value to them, of what use is an accountant that can use all account packages but lacks communication and self management skills to the company whereas there is an OND holder, who probably studied secretarial studies with great committment and motivation, and a damn good IQ.
Who do you think they would employ

The GMAT and the Psychometric tests are jst IQ based test to know how knowledgeable the applicants are.

This is why companies have different levels of interview starting with the aptitude test first.

Whatever knowledge they require of you on the job doesnt need to be written, they would rather ask you during interview. That is why there is something called On-the-Job-Training.
Re: Vacancy In An Oil & Gas Servicing Firm, Ajah Lagos by Elanqy: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
Is their vacancy for a Petroleum engineer in the oil and gas servicing company, am willing to work for free and get experience

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies! !! !!! / Salary Scale Of Sunchi Integrated Farms Ltd Enugu / Instrumentation And Control Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.