Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) (38917 Views)

Meet Esther Chukwuemeka, The Youngest Lawyer Called To The Nigerian Bar (Photo) / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
oluseyiforjesus:
Sir one day ur spirit will be willing but ur body will say NO

Haba! Which kind End time talk be this?
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
What should I wish you rather than well done Sir
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
NUT should do the needful.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by tunary(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mult1tude:
nairalanders pls help me on this

Am a student, and a already in my final year (HND II) , something happened and I lost my night security job, now my school portal closes this Friday.
Pls fellow nairalanders, I know there are people who can help here, I can provide my school login details for anybody who is willing to help to confirm this claim. Am an orphan from a tender age, pls mod don't block me either, instead confirm if this is real or not. I've a been guess on this forum since my ND days, I was forced to open an account base on this situation I found myself.
The tuition fee is 80,300 and I have just 30k with me. Pls people help me.
My contact and what'sapp number is attached below and the screenshot of my school fee portal.
Only two rounds will solve all your problems
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
CastedDude:
John Chukwuemeka Nwafor who hails from Ogbaku in Mbaitoli Local Council of Imo State - recently celebrated 60 years of active service in the classroom. The teacher has been a primary school teacher for 60 years now, becoming the oldest primary school teacher in the country.

He has taught and still teaches Mathematics and Physical Education, in many schools, both public and private. He taught some of today’s personalities in Nigeria and others sojourning in other countries, including a former Super Eagles player and PSG defender, Godwin Opkara.

As an athlete in the 1960s, winning many trophies, he was nick-named by his fans and admirers as ‘404’, and he equally functioned as games master in many of the schools he has taught.

He said this to mark the great achievement;

What I'm celebrating today is the God's-given privilege to discover my vocation early on and to stay true to it. The blessings I count in this 60 years celebration are as numerous as the faces of over 6,000 children I have had the opportunity to instruct.

Today, when I look back at the reason I chose to dedicate myself to teaching, I feel fulfilled. I am glad I have spent 60 years of my life impacting knowledge, values & true north principles to children who have gone to achieve success in different fields of endeavor.

It's incredible how time flies. It seems like yesterday when I first stepped into the classroom as a teacher on 1st January, 1958. 1 was only 18.

Looking back, I can say with all gratitude to God, it's been 60 years of staying true to my calling: 60 years of shaping destinies and molding the beginning of numerous professionals: 60 years of teaching over 6,000 Nigerian kids.

May God continue to strengthen me as I stay true to my calling till I die.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/nigerias-longest-serving-teacher-celebrates-60-years-in-the-classroom.html

This is indeed an Ancestor. grin.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by delpee(f): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Real devotion to duty! Teaching is indeed his passion. God bless him and his children/grandchildren abundantly for all he has done to impact young lives positively.

He deserves an award.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by aureen: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
God bless you Sir, you shall live long. Amen.

This is the kind of old folks we need in this country(God bless my parent and grand parent).
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by 989900: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
And Dino and some charlatans collect N13m+/month. angry

1 Like

Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
pls retire oh so that young graduate can be employed
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by kernel504(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
buhariguy:
This is a true Nigeria, not like those idiotic pigs of Biafra that make noise everyday

If Buhari is illiterate, he will know that 97% +5% can't be 100%. That's the type of idiotts produced in the North.

#Terrorist
#Shakau
#PoorNorth
#Boko Ha ram
#Fulani Herdsmen
#HungryNorth.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by fortune1968: 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
sai baba !
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by dalhjana: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
ancient of days
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by doctimonyeka(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Viking007:
Amen. smiley Unfortunately such people hardly get recognised in this country.
thats the problem with Nigeria..
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by TiffanyDavies(f): 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=taylor89 post=66007455
And misyarning in the process..weh done sir!!

Lol i Don change am

Was rushing for FTC[/quote]
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
showafrica:
But I am not seeing the effect in Nigeria. A lot of people are crazy and it's assumed nobody got any education.
cheesy
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Yankee101: 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
This person deserves a gofundme page
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by histemple: 2:35am On Mar 21, 2018
This is what happens when you lack vision. If teaching is your calling, why not own a school?
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 5:52am On Mar 21, 2018
buhariguy:
This is a true Nigeria, not like those idiotic pigs of Biafra that make noise everyday

Will you shut up and stick to the original essence of the thread. bla bla bla bla bla. When will you stop hating?Nonsense
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2018
abiodunalasa:
wink
Now here is a man just made my day.

People like this gives me hope in the existence of the Black race.

As a Soldier, I will gladly lay my life down for you sir.
You're were so close to being sensible until you mentioned black race. There is nothing like black race unless you're colour blind mentally.
Check the colour of your skin, IS IT BLACK?
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2018
Nigerian government will nor see right to honor a man like this to the tooth that teaching can be full feeling. Instead they will steal the money to hide in water tanks, burial grounds, empty houses and many other places this unheard of. Nigerian are rogues, vampires and ritualist.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Jaguar1(m): 9:46am On Mar 21, 2018
Wow, I salute you, sir. May the good Lord bless you for your service to humanity.
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by anukulapo: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2018
taylor89:
This one want to be rewarded with $1m dollars

But unfortunately this is Zoogeria where they pay those having sex on live TV than the true Heroes

Oga if you like twerk for Buhari with your two scrotum sachets touching your head he will surely choose a cow over a professor

Excuse me, do you have to make the truth sound so harsh? grin
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2018
if you've ever taught in a classroom before you will understand where he's coming from
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by SamOyovwi: 11:20am On Mar 21, 2018
salvation101:
Wow... A life true to one's calling is a fulfilled life.

Indeed. One's calling is the real thing
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
kenodrill:

Send me the 30k you have.i will add 50k then make a transfer #80,000.call me on 07082266513

Nigga really?

1 Like

Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Sarahchris: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Well done sir
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by seguno2: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2018
989900:
And Dino and some charlatans collect N13m+/month. angry

Who allows them to?
Can it be their fellow citizens
Re: John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
He deserves an award, if he hasn't gotten one already. Kudos to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A HND Holder Go For Masters? / Joy Adesina Graduates From OAU Medical School With 9 Awards / Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.