Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff (13727 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by evanso6226(f): 4:56am On Mar 21, 2018

Pope Francis may be the most coolest Pontiff ever, judging by his latest message to youths.
The head of the Roman Catholic church showed how different he really is while speaking to 300 youths on March 19, 2018, in preparation for October’s Synod of Bishops.

Pope Francis had an intimate session that gave him the opportunity to hear what the young adults think about the church and life in general. The meeting, which held in Rome, lasted for four hours.

Pope Francis on Tattoos

During the gathering, America Magazine reports that Yulian Vendzilovych, a seminarian at Holy Spirit Seminary in Lviv, asked about tattoos.

He specifically asked the pope what a young priest should do about tattoos which many believe “expresses true beauty.”

“Don’t be afraid of tattoos,” the Pope replied. “Of course, there can be exaggerations.” But a tattoo “is a sign of belonging.”

He recommended that young priests ask questions about the tattoos which would initiate a conversation about priorities, values, belonging, “and then you can approach the culture of the young.”

Pope Francis on sex

The Pontiff got a chance to talk about sex when Blessing Okoedion, from Nigeria, asked him about the church’s stance on prostitution.

“I ask myself, and I ask you: Is the male chauvinistic church able to truthfully ask itself about this high demand by clients?” she said.

“Prostitution is a serious problem,” that is based on a widespread mentality that “women are to be exploited.” This is why the Pope asked young people to “battle against this.”

“One who goes to a prostitute is a criminal, a criminal. This is not making love. This is torturing a woman. Let’s not confuse the terms. This is criminal,” he said.

Pope Francis also offered an apology to Okoedion, who escaped from prostitution. He said, “I want to take advantage of this moment, because you talked about baptized and Christians, to ask your forgiveness, from society and all the Catholics who do this criminal act.”

Pope Francis’ message to youth

The Pope got an earful from others who asked the church to do better with sexuality, same-sex attraction, the role of women, better catechesis and support in fighting the “culture of relativism.”

Responding to everyone, Pope Francis called the youth the ones to help the church fight “the logic of ‘it’s always been done this way,’” which he described as “a poison, a sweet poison that tranquilizes the heart and leaves you anesthetized so you can’t walk.”

Urging everyone to “keep an eye on the roots” of the church, he urged the young adults to find creative ways to use the Gospel to deal with modern issues.

source : http://www.clintgist.com/pope-francis-stance-on-tattoos-sex-proves-how-cool-he-is-id8143790-html/

cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by evanso6226(f): 4:57am On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by JoanHicks(f): 5:08am On Mar 21, 2018
Tattoo is sign of belonging! Belong to where please? Satanism, cultism, or belonging to Christ definitely not!

19 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by QuotaSystem: 5:22am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:
Tattoo is sign of belonging! Belong to where please? Satanism, cultism, or belonging to Christ definitely not!

You could tattoo the name of your beloved/partner to show you belong to that person.

But then many go overboard with what they ink, and that's what the Pope was against.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Pavore9: 5:23am On Mar 21, 2018
A good read and insightful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by debolayinka(m): 5:39am On Mar 21, 2018
I stopped paying attention to Popes long ago.

19 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:10am On Mar 21, 2018
This pope Francis is a clown. His logic is that the prostitute has no sin but the person that patronizes her is a sinner and a criminal? This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. I have totally lost faith in him. If the fool has his way, homosexuality, abortion, divorce and all manner of evils will become accepted in the church. That's why the clown of a pope finds it easier to support the antichristian liberal political parties all over the western world instead of the Pro christianity conservative parties. This pope is an Antichrist and I support all those resisting and fighting against this agent of Satan in the church

22 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Babalawosisfake: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2018
mean while the great babalawos of nairaland has been busted as fake. check my last topic.

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by agederimns: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2018
Keeps bursting my head...

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by BruncleZuma: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by everlymoore86(m): 6:26am On Mar 21, 2018
Please believers , don't give yourself headache, the last time I checked my bible, it says 'looking unto Jesus , the author and finisher of our faith' .

7 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by philipstanley(m): 6:28am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
This pope Francis is a clown. His logic is that the prostitute has no sin but the person that patronizes her is a sinner and a criminal? This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. I have totally lost faith in him. If the fool has his way, homosexuality, abortion, divorce and all manner of evils will become accepted in the church. That's why the clown of a pope finds it easier to support the antichristian liberal political parties all over the western world instead of the Pro christianity conservative parties. This pope is an Antichrist and I support all those resisting and fighting against this agent of Satan in the church
Watch your tongue!

23 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:29am On Mar 21, 2018
The pope is moderate to issues of the world good one we don't want 15th century mentality people disturb the peace of this world.Some holier than thou people would kick against this accomodative message.

5 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by rockog: 6:30am On Mar 21, 2018
hmn hmm .... will Jesus meet good faith this world if he tarries more years
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by bayocanny: 6:30am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:
Read very well ok

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:31am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
Control yourself the church has always gone through reformation from one time in history to another.

8 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by dbynonetwork: 6:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Incest is just so much up north...

FULANI date their blood sisters....
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by GreenArrow1(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2018
I don't like tatoos

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Babalawosisfake: 6:36am On Mar 21, 2018
mean while the great babalawos of nairaland has been busted as fake. check my last topic.

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by pinknipple: 6:38am On Mar 21, 2018
Pope,we are not doing any second collection offering again for ki ni kon,Bishop synod abi watin u call am
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by chuckjonesautos: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

Did Christ discriminate against sinners? The Pope said who is he to judge sinners... Was Christ not dining with sinners? What did the pharisees say? The same thing you are saying now..

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Control yourself the church has always gone through reformation from one time in history to another.
Is the reformation in line with the teaching of Christ himself? If the pope comes out tomorrow to support incest or drug abuse will you call it the church reforming herself? I am not against reformation, what I am against is introducing things that are clearly against Christ's teachings, that would make him an Antichrist!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by jy2kbeyond(m): 6:44am On Mar 21, 2018
His response on Tattoo is unclear. Is he afraid of annoying the western media and elites? undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Did Christ discriminate against sinners? The Pope said who is he to judge sinners... Was Christ not dining with sinners? What did the pharisees say? The same thing you are saying now..
Christ did not discriminate against sinners but he didn't support them either. That's why he always told them go and sin no more. That is a recognition that they were sinners and needed to change their way of lives. What the pope is advocating is a legalizing of sins, in other words, people will now be free to commit sins because it has been legalized by the church

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:46am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

Is the reformation in line with the teaching of Christ himself? If the pope comes out tomorrow to support incest or drug abuse will you call it the church reforming herself? I am not against reformation, what I am against is introducing things that are clearly against Christ's teachings, that would make him an Antichrist!!!!
You need to read history for yourself.I don't know anything concerning the anti Christ it is left for you to judge whether the changes introduced in Christianity then and now are anti Christ.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:47am On Mar 21, 2018
jy2kbeyond:
His response on Tattoo is unclear. Is he afraid of annoying the western media and elites? undecided undecided undecided undecided
The pope is more interested in sounding politically correct than upholding the faith he was elected to defend

7 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Damsonkc(m): 6:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Everyone evolves.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Damsonkc(m): 6:50am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
the idea is that men pay the women to have sex with them. If the man does not patronize a prostitute, how is she then a prostitute? Left to you the pope should be conservative and suppress women’s rights? He should suppress the rights of LGBT people? He should support racist and white supremacist parties to prove that he is a defender of the faith? What exactly does Christianity mean to you? Isn’t it love irrespective of our differences? You fail to understand the message and you are quick to jump into conspiracy theories and what not and yet you might be one of the people who bash Muslims for their parochial stand. The world changes and you expect the same strict codes of the 15th century to govern today without paying attention to the metamorphosis of cultures. You are a terrorist, my friend. We have modern problems we didn’t have before and the church has to evolve daily.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors / The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being / How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.