Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior (54705 Views)

Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo / Messi-gets-world-cup-advice-from-oprah-winfrey / Lionel Messi Gets World Cup Pep Talk From Oprah Winfrey In Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by ericmor: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2018
BuhariSelf:
At 17 He Was So Big That He Wasnt Even Considered For Those Shitty Compitisionps. He Was Already Into The Main Team. You Gerrit? I Dont Understand Why Its So Fvcking Hard For U To Understand Things

Now I understand that you no nothing about football. Was he has big has Ronaldo delima or Neymar when they represented their country? And I don’t understand wat u meant by Ronaldo was big at 17
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by ericmor: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2018
jameyjaggs:
kids....ronaldo neva played for ani lower portuguese football rank he jst came up like bang bang bang.............if he eva playd then he might hav got 1........may also b d first player to win d ballon dor witout playin ani junior footbal....lemme google dat...do d same!!!!!KIDS ASKING QUESTIONS

You are a comedian. I understand that now and I’m sure u are of the indomie generation that don’t want to learn
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by ericmor: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2018
cr7lomo:

They didn't...go ask Google

I don’t need to ask google like u, I saw it and know it already. I was only asking u. So what’s your point? Bcs u making no sense here. I was only trying to make u people know that he was trophies for Argentina which u people did not know but u are here saying another thing
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Jeferious: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

So Ronaldo is clearly Giving Messi a run for his money but Ron's feat on the pitch isn't enough to draw comparison to the Argentine?

you've just contradicted yourself sir unless you're saying there are things Ronaldo does off field to warrant it
"Giving someone a run for their money" simply means being competition for them. It entails the individual 'being given a run for their cash' sitting up to improve and not enjoying monopolistic comfort.

So far, that's what CR7 has done at best: ensuring that Messi does not enjoy an undisturbed streak of football dominance. But what the Madrid star is doing is just insufficient. I personally expect him to do more than scoring goals
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cr7lomo: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2018
coolh3ad:

Even the Olympic games he won with the national team and fifa U20 world cup he won with the U20 national team. Did C. Ronaldo win any of these?. You C. Ronaldo fans should stop being biased. Messi has achievements and honour C. Ronaldo can never have and vice versa so you people should stop comparing. Messi Is a great player same as C. Ronaldo.

I laff at u messi boys... this will b the first time I hv in any platform or radio station or TV station heard people use junior tournaments to accredit a supposed world class player...hv u ever heard about people talking about neymar winning Olympics...no one 4kin cares...win world cup or ur intercontinental cup b4 they are given a chance
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Jeferious: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2018
crownedprinz:

Who are you?? are you chimamanda sibling....Your article should be published..well articulated, organized, amazing. Your facts are amazing. I give it to you..Your writing skills is just wow
Thank you. I literarily blushed when I read your comment

1 Like

Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by CuteMadridista: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2018
Jeferious:
"Giving someone a run for their money" simply means being competition for them. It entails the individual 'being given a run for their cash' sitting up to improve and not enjoying monopolistic comfort.

So far, that's what CR7 has done at best: ensuring that Messi does not enjoy an undisturbed streak of football dominance. But what the Madrid star is doing is just insufficient. I personally expect him to do more than scoring goals

Giving someone a run for their money meanings

to compete very well against someone so that it is
hard for them to defeat you

If you say that someone could give someone else a run for their money, you
mean you think they are almost as good as the other person.

to be as good at something as someone who is extremely good

I think those choice of words are not suitable for the message you were tryna pass

Also Ronaldo can't keep playing like he was 18-30 again, he lost some of those qualities and has adapted his game to be smarter. funny enough, he's won a lot more with this style than he did when he was a dribbling, scoring and running machine. Messi has also declined lately and he'll only decline further and further
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by coolh3ad(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2018
cr7lomo:

I laff at u messi boys... this will b the first time I hv in any platform or radio station or TV station heard people use junior tournaments to accredit a supposed world class player...hv u ever heard about people talking about neymar winning Olympics...no one 4kin cares...win world cup or ur intercontinental cup b4 they are given a chance

Then i wonder the TV station you watch and Radio station you listen to. U20 fifa world cup is now nations cup abi...did C. Ronaldo win that too. Didn't he play for the youth team too. You start from the Junior team in football. You hear?. C. Ronaldo began his youth career in 2001. Apart from the under-15 team, he also represented the under-17, under-20, under-21, and under-23 national sides, amassing 34 youth caps and scoring 18 goals overall. He represented his country at the 2002 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship, where they failed to progress past the group stage. Ronaldo also featured in the Olympic squad at the 2004 Summer Olympics, scoring one goal in the tournament, though the team was eliminated in the first round, finishing bottom of their group with three points after 4–2 defeats to eventual semi-finalists Iraq and quarter-finalists Costa Rica. If Olympic games and playing for the junior national team wasn't so important, why did c. Ronaldo feature for the junior team and not just jump into the senior team.. Answer me o..
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Nairalanddist: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2018
evansjeff:
Ronaldo remains the best ever

The best in ur PlayStation. Nonsense. Person wey never smell world cup final before na best? Smh
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Nairalanddist: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2018
coolh3ad:

Then i wonder the TV station you watch and Radio station you listen to. U20 fifa world cup is now nations cup abi...did C. Ronaldo win that too. Didn't he play for the youth team too. You start from the Junior team in football. You hear?. C. Ronaldo began his youth career in 2001. Apart from the under-15 team, he also represented the under-17, under-20, under-21, and under-23 national sides, amassing 34 youth caps and scoring 18 goals overall. He represented his country at the 2002 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship, where they failed to progress past the group stage. Ronaldo also featured in the Olympic squad at the 2004 Summer Olympics, scoring one goal in the tournament, though the team was eliminated in the first round, finishing bottom of their group with three points after 4–2 defeats to eventual semi-finalists Iraq and quarter-finalists Costa Rica. If Olympic games and playing for the junior national team wasn't so important, why did c. Ronaldo feature for the junior team and not just jump into the senior team.. Answer me o..

No mind the foolish ronaldo fans. Had ronaldo won that under 20 world cup and also led Portugal to world cup final in 2014, they will use it against messi if messi only won copa America with Argentina. Now the table has turned and euro 2016 is now greater than fifa world cup. Sentimental idiots
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cecymiammy(f): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:

So what do u watch?
Korean and American movies

1 Like

Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Dafreeguy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
cecymiammy:
Korean and American movies
Nice one..try n include football to ur watchlist too
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cecymiammy(f): 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:

Nice one..try n include football to ur watchlist too

Mind u...I sabi ball pass u
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Dafreeguy(m): 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
cecymiammy:
Mind u...I sabi ball pass u
No lemme vex o..u wan know ball pass me wey be man??
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Weedfree: 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
For those of you saying CR7 just does tap in seriously do you people watch football the guy wey dey score from different angles at various and unbelievable distance you are here talking nonsense you people are just jealous because messi is beneath him and because CR7 is young rich and handsome I will see you all after Nigeria beats Argentina or when messi looses another penalty kick and begins to cry at the CR7 you people call penaldo can score a simple penalty than messi
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cecymiammy(f): 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:

No lemme vex o..u wan know ball pass me wey be man??
That no be new thing
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Dafreeguy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
cecymiammy:
That no be new thing
I would have like u to prove me wrong..NL is not just a place for it
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cecymiammy(f): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:

I would have like to prove me wrong..NL is not just a place for it
Good
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by coolh3ad(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nairalanddist:

No mind the foolish ronaldo fans. Had ronaldo won that under 20 world cup and also led Portugal to world cup final in 2014, they will use it against messi if messi only won copa America with Argentina. Now the table has turned and euro 2016 is now greater than fifa world cup. Sentimental idiots

Thank you my Brother. Any small thing dem go dey compare. I respect C. Ronaldo. No hate. Some achievements Messi has C. Ronaldo no even smell am at all and there is no way he can earn these achievements again...Thank you my Brother jare.

1 Like

Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cr7lomo: 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
coolh3ad:

Omg...so u wanna use junior world cup as proof ...I give up on folks like u
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Dafreeguy(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
cecymiammy:

Good

Show me a little bit of ur football knowledge make I even know if u just dey make mouth or not
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Jeferious: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Giving someone a run for their money meanings

to compete very well against someone so that it is
hard for them to defeat you

If you say that someone could give someone else a run for their money, you
mean you think they are almost as good as the other person.

to be as good at something as someone who is extremely good

I think those choice of words are not suitable for the message you were tryna pass

Also Ronaldo can't keep playing like he was 18-30 again, he lost some of those qualities and has adapted his game to be smarter. funny enough, he's won a lot more with this style than he did when he was a dribbling, scoring and running machine. Messi has also declined lately and he'll only decline further and further
You are right. Ronaldo isn't enough competition, so it should've been 'a walk for the money'.

Truth is: Both players have declined, but Ron's decline is too glaring. There is little or no contribution to his team apart from scoring goals. Now goals wins games and trophies, and so the Portuguese is very essential, but only for such limited purpose. So in a case where he isn't getting fed by his providers, what more importance is he on the pitch than a loafer in the market square? I personally think that his providers ( Marcelo, Isco, Modric, Carvajal etc.) are getting too little praises for their efforts. How many times has Ronaldo had to beat a defender to score his goal? Hence the nickname "Tapnaldo".

On the other hand, Messi's pace has dropped considerably. Still he can beat defenders with some magical touches anytime anyday. That is the very definition of a G.O.A.T. Other aspects of his game such as passing and playmaking are still very sharp. Let's not talk about his free kick game(Ronaldo's has completely deserted him), and to crown it all, he still scores as much goals as CR7.

If Ronaldo really insists that his only contribution to football would be to poach goals, no problem. But since that is his specialty, then he should be able to score twice as many goals as Messi could score in a season. For it is unfair to score about the same number of goals as the Argentine while lacking seriously in other aspects that he delivers an adequate performance and still claim to be his equal at the end of the day.
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by coolh3ad(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
cr7lomo:

Omg...so u wanna use junior world cup as proof ...I give up on folks like u

You definitely will because you C. Ronaldo fans don't have a point at all....
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by coolh3ad(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jeferious:
You are right. Ronaldo isn't enough competition, so it should've been 'a walk for the money'.

Truth is: Both players have declined, but Ron's decline is too glaring. There is little or no contribution to his team apart from scoring goals. Now goals wins games and trophies, and so the Portuguese is very essential, but only for such limited purpose. So in a case where he isn't getting fed by his providers, what more importance is he on the pitch than a loafer in the market square? I personally think that his providers ( Marcelo, Isco, Modric, Carvajal etc.) are getting too little praises for their efforts. How many times has Ronaldo had to beat a defender to score his goal? Hence the nickname "Tapnaldo".

On the other hand, Messi's pace has dropped considerably. Still he can beat defenders with some magical touches anytime anyday. That is the very definition of a G.O.A.T. Other aspects of his game such as passing and playmaking are still very sharp. Let's not talk about his free kick game(Ronaldo's has completely deserted him), and to crown it all, he still scores as much goals as CR7.

If Ronaldo really insists that his only contribution to football would be to poach goals, no problem. But since that is his specialty, then he should be able to score twice as many goals as Messi could score in a season. For it is unfair to score about the same number of goals as the Argentine while lacking seriously in other aspects that he delivers an adequate performance and still claim to be his equal at the end of the day.

Tell them Boss
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Jeferious: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
coolh3ad:

Tell them Boss
I don tell dem grin
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by cecymiammy(f): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:

Show me a little bit of ur football knowledge make I even know if u just dey make mouth or not
Ask me any question
Re: Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior by Dafreeguy(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
cecymiammy:
Ask me any question
1.Which type of matches would be played 2moro? 2.Tell me 2 fixtures out of 4 UCL quarter-final matches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Hallows Stadium Built By Onitsha Diocese (Photos) / Pregnant Aminat Idrees Wins Taekwando Gold Medal (Photos) / "This Woman Is A Better Footballer Than Some Men" (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.