Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone (1754 Views)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / Slot Sells Fake Phones? / Oraimo To Curb Fake Phone Accessories In The Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by sirlegend: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
The smartphone market in recent times has become saturated with fake phones and many unsuspecting buyers have been scammed into buying fake phones for the price of an original one. Fake phones especially Android phones have become so rampant that one wonders if phone dealers are deliberately taking advantage of their customers.

I noticed that most of the fake phones in the market are the so called ‘UK or London Used Phones’ and fairly used phones, there are also fake new phones but they don’t seem to be as many as the used phones. Before, it was mainly top phone brands worldwide such as Samsung, Nokia, iPhone, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, Huawei and others that had many imitations but now even smaller brands such as Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, Innjoo and Itel are also been faked.

Most of these fake phones match the original phones almost exactly in design and since most phone buyers are not tech savvy, they are very easily deceived. Many people do not know they bought a fake phone until after a while when they probably meet someone with the original version of the phone and find huge differences between their phone and the original. Even small phones popularly called ‘Torchlight phones’ have fake versions, Chai, dia ris God o!

The government through regulators such as the Standards Organisation have failed in this task of regulating imported phones and protecting citizens from buying substandard phones. However, we cannot sit and wait for the government to solve this problem for us as that will be equal to waiting till eternity so here are some tips to help you detect a fake phone.

Due to the way fake phone manufacturers/phone pirates are becoming more and more sophisticated everyday and the ease of installing an Android OS on a phone, it is hard to tell if a phone is fake by merely looking at it or by just its design BELOW!

http://techmila.com/the-nuisance-of-fake-phones-and-how-to-know-a-fake-phone/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by koskilala: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2021
Issues like these are the reason I always buy my TECNO phones from designated retail sales outlets so as to avoid stories that touch
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by NightFood: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nice one op for this info, thats why I always buy phones from accredited stores, and my accessories are from reputable brand like Oraimo and romoss, an example is the Freepod 3 from Oraimo, the durability is fantastic and I have never had any regrets ever since I got it.

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by sureinfo: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nice read, always get your phones at registered stores so you don't fall victim of buying fake. Thank God TECNO have launched their store, no more buying phones from road sellers.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by sureinfo: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
NightFood:
Nice one op for this info, thats why I always buy phones from accredited stores, and my accessories are from reputable brand like Oraimo and romoss, an example is the Freepod 3 from Oraimo, the durability is fantastic and I have never had any regrets ever since I got it.
yes o, that Freepod 3 is a great device, a friend used it with his tecno phone and the output is really great.

1 Like

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Mohbola(f): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2022
It is legit stores or nothing for me
sureinfo:
Nice read, always get your phones at registered stores so you don't fall victim of buying fake. Thank God TECNO have launched their store, no more buying phones from road sellers.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by OlofofoAdugbo1: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2022
I definitely always look for authorized stores to buy new products. Tecno Mobile are working towards having enough authorized stores around, they even opened one recently at Ikeja.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2022
NightFood:
fake!!! cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Sunkanmiwise(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Definitely, legit stores gives you guarantee and original products laced with peace of mind.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by sureinfo: 8:08am On Jan 11, 2022
Mohbola:
It is legit stores or nothing for me
yes o, you will be doing yourself some great good by doing that.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2022
For all we know,

all Tecno and Infinix are FAKE Phones

kiss the ugly truth, or kill yasef cool

crap na crap, till thy kingdom come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Chubbyface: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
Na mumu dey buy phone from road side, If it's not a legit store, I no dey buy
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Chubbyface: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
skywalker240:
For all we know,

this one dey find attention abi wetin
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
Chubbyface:
this one dey find attention abi wetin
Shut up

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Corroro: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
skywalker240:
For all we know,

apparently you don't know the meaning of fake. Whatever sha, real TECNO users know the quality they're enjoying from their smartphones.
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Mohbola(f): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
sureinfo:
yes o, you will be doing yourself some great good by doing that.
Yeah that is just it

1 Like

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Wahalaguy1: 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
Getting from authorized stores makes you get original. Tecno Mobile have enough authorized stores nationwide
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by NightFood: 7:58am On Jan 17, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

fake!!! cool cool
oga calm down, there's nothing fake about the Freepod 3, I've used it and I know people you can testify to how amazing and durable it is, so all these your cheap propaganda isn't working abeg.

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by NightFood: 7:58am On Jan 17, 2022
Wahalaguy1:
Getting from authorized stores makes you get original. Tecno Mobile have enough authorized stores nationwide
yeah man, I wonder why people still end up fatting fake devices at the end of the day o
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Fonjewel0(f): 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
My friend clean your mouth!

You dey talk like person wey never go school.

Every brand is unique in their own way!

skywalker240:
For all we know,

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2022
Fonjewel0:
My friend clean your mouth!

You dey talk like person wey never go school.

Every brand is unique in their own way!

Comrade, the rope you been de find don dey ooo smiley

Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Kakadancefreak(f): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2022
Birds of same feathers dey chop shit!

Stop hating bros!

skywalker240:

Comrade, the rope you been de find don dey ooo smiley
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Wanni25(f): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
You shut up o!

Na your money fake! Your life is fake too!

Your girlfriend fake!

You don't probably own a good device!

No dey talk when big boys dey talk!

Our device and yours no be mate!

grin

skywalker240:

Shut up
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Wanni25:
You shut up o!

Na your money fake! Your life is fake too!

Your girlfriend fake!

You don't probably own a good device!

No dey talk when big boys dey talk!

Our device and yours no be mate!

grin

Careful there kid, that's my wife

There are limits to every joke, you have been warned

Big boys don't use Tecno kid, they use Samsung, iPhones and pixels wink
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
Kakadancefreak:
Birds of same feathers dey chop shit!

Stop hating bros!

Spare me the rantings

Marketer smiley
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by Idarachris84: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2022
Bros!

You wish!

Maybe in your wildest dream!

Work harder and maybe some day you will end up with a real life!

And maybe somebody's child will find you one day.......

Kiddo! angry

skywalker240:

Careful there kid, that's my wife

There are limits to every joke, you have been warned

Big boys don't use Tecno kid, they use Samsung, iPhones and pixels wink
Re: Nuisance Of Fake Phones And How To Know A Fake Phone by skywalker240(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Idarachris84:
Bros!

You wish!

Maybe in your wildest dream!

Work harder and maybe some day you will end up with a real life!

And maybe somebody's child will find you one day.......

Kiddo! angry

(1) (Reply)

Best Smartphone Below 40000 In Nigeria / Nokia 8.2 5G May Launch With Snapdragon 735 Soc, 4000mah Battery, And 8GB RAM / Xiaomi May Be Bringing Back Its Popular Redmi Note 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.