Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,086 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges (34681 Views)

See SA Security Guard Who Returned N1,4-million Left At ATM To Bank (PICS) / I Cant Believe I Am Surviving With POS / Man Returns Money And ATM Card He Found At ATM Point To A Bank In Sokoto (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by umuna(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Don't insert your ATM card with good account balance on all this corner POS centers. Majority of this guys steals people's information.

The sure way to lose your pin and money. Yeye people go call am hustling!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by madridguy(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2018
We need to be very careful with ways and manner we use our ATM card.

umuna:

The sure way to lose your pin and money. Yeye people go call am hustling!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by GodsOwnFav(m): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2018
this particular kinda hustle is damn risky! Try this in Lag and you will have a story to tell.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 10:58am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Google ATM skimmers sir for better understanding.

that guy right there is not in anyway a skimmer. He is an agent just doing his operation in an inproper manner.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Awoofawo(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2018
Sweetcollins:
Good but risky
If armed boys come jam now and waste him....wetin we go come say? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by bigtt76(f): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2018
Good business idea but my fears are as follows: -

1. Who is backing the guy up with security to have gotten the liver to sit there with all that cash?

2. How did he get the POS device connected to a banking system without having a fixed address? He's clearly simulating a purchase transaction on the POS and using the cards to deposit into an account.

3. How sure are we that he is not also stealing your card details to clone? While this is a good insight, people need to be careful with this. Remember when it was reported robbers now go about with POS devices to rob people of their cash? I hope this is not one them.

4. How are we sure the physical cash he's dishing out is not a proceed of an illegal activity and he's trying to circumvent the system to legally lodge the funds into his account? May be a stash of naira some politicians are try to now lodge genuinely into the banking system without raising suspicion? Someone needs to blow that whistle now ....something is amiss here! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2018
Do you understand my point or what?

elmisti:

that guy right there is not in anyway a skimmer. He is an agent just doing his operation in an inproper manner.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by figment232(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
apexJ:
quickteller better pass dis 1 sef

wit quickteller u fit pay 4 anytin and collect money
Tell me something am interested.How do I get d quickteller stuff?
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by wellmax(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Don't insert your ATM card with good account balance on all this corner POS centers. Majority of this guys steals people's information.

Lies..
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by seyigiggle: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2018
the students are not complaining.
you make money when you solve people's problem. think!!!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by wellmax(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2018
bigtt76:
Good business idea but my fears are as follows: -

1. Who is backing the guy up with security to have gotten the liver to sit there with all that cash?

2. How did he get the POS device connected to a banking system without having a fixed address? He's clearly simulating a purchase transaction on the POS and using the cards to deposit into an account.

3. How sure are we that he is not also stealing your card details to clone? While this is a good insight, people need to be careful with this. Remember when it was reported robbers now go about with POS devices to rob people of their cash? I hope this is not one them.

4. How are we sure the physical cash he's dishing out is not a proceed of an illegal activity and he's trying to circumvent the system to legally lodge the funds into his account? May be a stash of naira some politicians are try to now lodge genuinely into the banking system without raising suspicion? Someone needs to blow that whistle now ....something is amiss here! undecided

Your questions are so naive.
1. He is in a university environment. Reasonable security.
2. How else do POS works if not connected to bank? You do not understand this POS thing at all
3. Is Shoprite, fuel stations and other outlets using POS stelaing your info?
4. Ahahahah, how are we sure the money in your pocket is not from illegal activity.

Yeye questions.

11 Likes

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Google ATM skimmers sir for better understanding.

thanks sir
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Lokoyen(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:

Not true. They are certified by major mobile money operators. Because he doesn't av a shop doesn't mean he is not okay.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by mukthar2000(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2018
Also the same at kano here too, but i guess its the bank staff that plane for that, so that they make more money than what ATM charge
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Born2Breed(f): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2018
Met a man in Lagos doing same.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Naijjablog(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2018
This man wey ma change still remain with.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Unionised(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:

That's a new one grin

Pray tell us how they will manage to steal your info with a POS Machine.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Xisnin(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2018
A sucker is born every minute.
Even banks verified employees engage in fraud, let alone a guy at a corner
with a POS. Use his service at your account's risk.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by adanny01(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2018
wellmax:

1. He in a university environment. Reasonable security.
2. How else do POS works if not connected to bank? You do not understand this POS thing at all
4. Ahahahah, how are we sure the money in your pocket is not from illegal activity.

Yeye questions.

I am amazed at the level of ignorance displayed on this thread.

I know a lot of guys doing this business, the only difference is not at the front of an actual bank or ATM.

For example, my local government of origin has no bank and is 30km to a town that has about 3 banks and 50km to another town that has multiple banks. Both towns are in other LGAs.

One Igbo guy withdraws N5m from his bank acc and makes arrangement to keep safe in a local police station. Instead of people traveling to get ATM, they pay a token to get cash which the POS he has is a perfect tool to transfer money to his account. This process is just simply recycling the money in his account but each time he gets a commission.

In the town i live, on a salary days, festive periods, all ATMs will be emptied of cash. People travel as far as 100km to get cash. A lot of guys will withdraw cash during working hours and keep at secure locations doing such POS transactions.

I know a man who sells gas with a POS, he also does cash withdrawals which is helping him deposit his cash to the bank.

Yes, the business has risks, but to access your own bank Account, the ATM must have been issued by a bank.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by elmisti(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Do you understand my point or what?

i understand u sir. but not everything is supposed to be perceived from the negative side. u totally ignired the fact that the man is providing financial services to people who could have been stranded if not for the man.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by bigtt76(f): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Unfortunately ...its you who is naive here.

1. Yes he's in a University environment and I presume there are no cultists there right? Or the cultists there are the friendly ones?

2. Banks do not issue out POS devices to individuals except they have a registered business name and business location

3. Shoprite and Fuel Stations are legal and registered entity not one random guy sitting in front of an ATM without known identity. What happens if your transaction was declined and you were wrongly debited?

How do you complain to a bank that you transacted with one mallam (pardon me) in front of an ATM without a business name? I can see he's not giving his customers the stubs for the transaction sef.

May be you should do a search on how people's card details are stolen even through an ATM talkless of a POS device.

4. I work legally for my money so its not from illegal activity. This man may actually be doing a reverse money laundering the owners of the money cannot take it to the bank for some reason and are probably using the registered POS to deposit the money and from there it would be withdrawn back into use like its genuine.

In Eastern Europe, they don't mind charging your card but not drawing the cash because the target is your card numbers which they will end up selling on the dark web for people involved in card frauds.

Not yeye questions if you care to know. have a good day.

wellmax:

1. He in a university environment. Reasonable security.

Yeye questions.

3 Likes

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by madridguy(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2018
My brother ex was robbed with POS machine and they swapped over 800K from her account. Till date her bank couldn't trace the owner of the POS machine.

Lokoyen:

Not true. They are certified by major mobile money operators. Because he doesn't av a shop doesn't mean he is not okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by IdeyFindWife: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2018
miqos02:
Hmmm

Miky, dis one wey you dey do "huhn, hung, huhn" upandan, you don chop govt money ni?

How market? God bless ur hustle bro!
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by shallysgirl: 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
apexJ:
quickteller better pass dis 1 sef

wit quickteller u fit pay 4 anytin and collect money
Really,how?
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by mechanics(m): 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
He should be careful, the place is open.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Dilama(m): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:

How possible is it pls, i need to be well informed cos i have tried it once before but i guess my card details are still safe and intact
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by wellmax(m): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
bigtt76:
[s] Unfortunately ...its you who is naive here.

1. Yes he's in a University environment and I presume there are no cultists there right? Or the cultists there are the friendly ones?

2. Banks do not issue out POS devices to individuals except they have a registered business name and business location

3. Shoprite and Fuel Stations are legal and registered entity not one random guy sitting in front of an ATM without known identity. What happens if your transaction was declined and you were wrongly debited?

How do you complain to a bank that you transacted with one mallam (pardon me) in front of an ATM without a business name? I can see he's not giving his customers the stubs for the transaction sef.

May be you should do a search on how people's card details are stolen even through an ATM talkless of a POS device.

4. I work legally for my money so its not from illegal activity. This man may actually be doing a reverse money laundering the owners of the money cannot take it to the bank for some reason and are probably using the registered POS to deposit the money and from there it would be withdrawn back into use like its genuine.

In Eastern Europe, they don't mind charging your card but not drawing the cash because the target is your card numbers which they will end up selling on the dark web for people involved in card frauds.

Not yeye questions if you care to know. have a good day.

[/s]

Trash.

1 How dare you think cultism exist openly in every University. If cultist can attack a guy with POS what stops them from attacking anyone using ATM
2. So an individual cannot own a business register POS and use it to make withdrawals. I know you type, you think everything is rocket science. This practice is very common here. Legal and valid.
3. How do you know he doesn't have any identify. Fallacy of hasty assumptions.
4. Reverse money laundering grin grin grin abeg stop this useless talk.

I dey office jare, i have work to do. Go and seek knowledge and stop parading ignorance on a public platform.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by madridguy(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
Relax your mind bro. But always mind where you insert your card apart ATM in the bank. Skimmers are everywhere.

Dilama:

How possible is it pls, i need to be well informed cos i have tried it once before but i guess my card details are still safe and intact
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by nelsonebby(m): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
madridguy:
Lol.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by swagifted(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mynd44:
Hustle or a perfect way to circulate counterfeit money
unless na upcoming fraudster, with pos it makes it easy to locate the identity behind the giver and the recipient.
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by apexJ(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
figment232:
Tell me something am interested.How do I get d quickteller stuff?
actually u have to be an agent and u get paid commission 4 each transaction u make
Re: Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges by Kobicove(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
That's and ingenious way to make money... smiley

I just hope he doesn't get robbed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 15 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa 2016 — IMF / ** 50 Small & Big Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates / Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.