Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go (2016 Views)

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba / Franklin Graham Event Cancelled Because He Views Gay Marriage A 'Sin' / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. (2) (3) (4)

Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2018
The third annual Global Atheist Convention, ironically dubbed “Reason to Hope,” has been cancelled due to dismal ticket sales, The Sydney Morning Herald and Daily Wire reports.

Turns out, offering nihilism packaged as “hope” doesn’t sell too well to the masses.

The conference, which was scheduled for February of this year, was set to be headlined by atheist novelist Sir Salman Rushdie, who was a huge get for the convention organizers. Iranian cleric Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against Rushdie in 1989 in light of his published work, “The Satanic Verses.” The book targeted the prophet Mohammad, Sikhs, and religion in general.

“What is there to respect in any of this, or in any of the crimes now being committed almost daily around the world in religion’s dreaded name? How well, with what fatal results, religion erects totems, and how willing we are to kill for them,” Rushdie once critically said of religion, SMH notes.

Fellow atheist Richard Dawkins was also on the anti-God roster.

And what atheist convention would be complete without depressed, atheistic comedians distracting us from our void and utterly meaningless existence?

“Alongside the thinkers, there was also going to be the ‘entertainers,'” notes SMH. “Comic atheism is a particularly strong strand, and religious pomposity provides it with plenty of material. No doubt there was to be a feast of gloating about census figures.”

The author of the SMH report, Anglican Rector Dr. Michael Jensen, writes that he is personally “disappointed” that the conference was cancelled.

“It’s a great shame there’s a lack of interest,” said Jensen. “I say that as someone who believes in God and thinks that it is the most reasonable thing to believe. … But I also think that the full and frank discussion of fundamental ideas is part of what a healthy culture promotes and enjoys. A Global Atheist Convention is to be welcomed, because every time people think about God and about the meaning of life is a time we more deeply consider the value and purpose of human life. It makes us better citizens.”

“But what really is the poison in the blood is not religion: it is apathy,” added Jensen. “Human beings don’t need religion to be vile. We can be vile perfectly well without it. Even viler, I’d argue.”

Sauce sorry source*: James Bishops Blog

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by terrezo2002(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2018
When foolish people gather to discuss, I wonder what what they will talk about. How to make fellow foolish people?
The convention should have held and let's see what the outcome of their gathering would be

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2018
terrezo2002:
When foolish people gather to discuss, I wonder what what they will talk about. How to make fellow foolish people?
The convention should have held and let's see what the outcome of their gathering would be

Lol @foolish people grin
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by sonofthunder: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2018
Cc: sciencewatch, butterflylion, malvisguy, goodmuyis, ...,
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
winner01:
The third annual Global Atheist Convention, ironically dubbed “Reason to Hope,” has been cancelled due to dismal ticket sales, The Sydney Morning Herald and Daily Wire reports.

Turns out, offering nihilism packaged as “hope” doesn’t sell too well to the masses.

The conference, which was scheduled for February of this year, was set to be headlined by atheist novelist Sir Salman Rushdie, who was a huge get for the convention organizers. Iranian cleric Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against Rushdie in 1989 in light of his published work, “The Satanic Verses.” The book targeted the prophet Mohammad, Sikhs, and religion in general.

“What is there to respect in any of this, or in any of the crimes now being committed almost daily around the world in religion’s dreaded name? How well, with what fatal results, religion erects totems, and how willing we are to kill for them,” Rushdie once critically said of religion, SMH notes.

And what atheist convention would be complete without depressed, atheistic comedians distracting us from our void and utterly meaningless existence?

“Alongside the thinkers, there was also going to be the ‘entertainers,'” notes SMH. “Comic atheism is a particularly strong strand, and religious pomposity provides it with plenty of material. No doubt there was to be a feast of gloating about census figures.”

The author of the SMH report, Anglican Rector Dr. Michael Jensen, writes that he is personally “disappointed” that the conference was cancelled.

“It’s a great shame there’s a lack of interest,” said Jensen. “I say that as someone who believes in God and thinks that it is the most reasonable thing to believe. … But I also think that the full and frank discussion of fundamental ideas is part of what a healthy culture promotes and enjoys. A Global Atheist Convention is to be welcomed, because every time people think about God and about the meaning of life is a time we more deeply consider the value and purpose of human life. It makes us better citizens.”

“But what really is the poison in the blood is not religion: it is apathy,” added Jensen. “Human beings don’t need religion to be vile. We can be vile perfectly well without it. Even viler, I’d argue.”

LMAO so atheists rejected the hope other atheists were offering them? grin cheesy

What they told the organisers was simple.

We all know we are hopeless so how can you who is among the hopeless now want to offer me "reasons to hope" when even I know you are hopeless. cheesy

Mathew 15:14

Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

Cutemadridista and dalaman come and see o. They said atheists reject a hopeless invitation. LMAO I don die with laugh for here o

Cc emmanystone and ishilove please help me call the other atheists attention abeg una.

Fantasticlala abi na lalasticlala and mynd44 front page sturvs dey here o.

Make I call seun like God called Adam.

Seun ooooo omo baba mukomuko where art thou? grin

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by GoodMuyis(m): 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
This is what happen.

Atheist themselves knew that atheism was a scam

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by Emmanystone: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO so atheists rejected the hope other atheists were offering them? grin cheesy

We all know we are hopeless so how can you who is among the hopeless now want to offer me "reasons to hope" when even I know you are hopeless. cheesy

Cutemadridista and dalaman come and see o. They said atheists reject a hopeless invitation. LMAO I don die with laugh for here o

Cc emmanystone and ishilove please help me call the other atheists attention abeg una.

Lolzzzzzzz.

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by dalaman: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

What did they tell the organisers? Can you quite it let's see? Where did any atheist said they rejected the invitation because it was hopeless?
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
dalaman:

What did they tell the organisers? Can you quite it let's see? Where did any atheist said they rejected the invitation because it was hopeless?

LMAO ntoor it was cancelled not even postponed grin cheesy

Dismal ticket sales made them cancel grin

So na crowd dem dey find before. But crowd no want anything to do with their hopeless reasons. Lmao

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by felixomor: 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

So na crowd dem dey find before. But crowd no want anything to do with their hopeless reasons. Lmao

LoLlllllz grin

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

Seun ooooo omo baba mukomuko where art thou? cheesy

Hilarious grin

Could this be a corroboration to the prediction that atheism is in decline and will be defeated by faith undecided

But really, its clear as day that all atheism offers is hopelessness and no purpose even though several atheists like to act like theists and attach purpose to different life. Most Nigerian atheists are serious bigots and that's why they will almost never admit to the hopelessness of atheism in the course of an argument. Here are some prominent atheists admitting to the hopelessness of the atheistic worldview;

In a debate the atheist activist Dan Barker had with a Christian apologist by the name of James White; Barker remarked: “There is no purpose to life, and we should not want there to be a purpose to life because if there was that would cheapen life”.

It is also evident that many atheists also feel the nihilistic force behind their philosophy, as in the words of the late William Provine:

“Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear … There are no gods, no purposes, no goal-directed forces of any kind. There is no life after death. When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead. That’s the end for me. There is no ultimate foundation for ethics, no ultimate meaning to life, and no free will for humans, either”.

Provine would also say that “No inherent moral or ethical laws exist, nor are there any absolute guiding principles for human society. The universe cares nothing for us and we have no ultimate meaning in life”.

Further, after Richard Dawkins had penned his best seller The God Delusion he recounts some concerns forwarded to him by his readers; Dawkins recounts:

“A foreign publisher of my first book confessed the he could not sleep for three nights after reading it, so troubled was he by what he saw as its cold, bleak message. Others have asked me how I can bear to get up in the mornings. A teacher from a distant country wrote to me reproachfully that a pupil had come to him in tears after reading the same book, because it had persuaded her that life was empty and purposeless. He advised her not to show the book to any of her friends, for fear of contaminating them with the same nihilistic pessimism”.

Yet despite such existential nihilism Dawkins tries to lessen its effects: “Presumably there is indeed no purpose in the ultimate fate of the cosmos, but do any of us really tie our life’s hopes to the ultimate fate of the cosmos anyway?”

If that’s not enough, the atheist chemist Peter Atkins goes as far as to call us “children of chaos,” and that “the deep structure of change is decay. At root, there is only corruption, and the unstemmable tide of chaos. Gone is purpose; all that is left is direction. This is the bleakness we have to accept as we peer deeply and dispassionately into the heart of the Universe”

Jon Casimir, as cited by Marsden, is forthright: “Here’s what I think. There is no meaning of life. The whole thing is a gyp, a never-ending corridor to nowhere. What is passed off as an all-important search is basically just a bunch of philosophers scrabbling about on their knees, trying to find a lost sock in the cosmic laundromat”.

Existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre goes on to articulate his nihilistic epiphany: “I existed like a stone, a plant, a microbe… I was just thinking… that here we are, all of us, eating and drinking, to preserve our precious exis tence and there’s nothing, nothing, absolutely no reason for existing”.

Similarly depressing is philosopher Thomas Nagel’s words; he explains that “It is often remarked that nothing we do now will matter in a million years. But if that is true, then by the same token, nothing that will be the case in a million years matters now. In particular, it does not matter now that in million years nothing we do now will matter”. In another of his works Nagel believes that “Even if life as a whole is meaningless, perhaps that’s nothing to worry about. Perhaps we can recognise it and just go on as before”.

This is true for everyone with an atheistic worldview. Naturally, it negates the existence of humanity. Many Atheists don't care that existence first should not make sense to them before anything else.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5909250_img8162_jpega449fdec5674e7900a8abc4d01b71616

Many atheists also don't care that life itself does not make sense and this is why they have tried to explain away the supernatural occurrence of life using evolution. This goes to show that several atheists are not really looking to question life or its phases, they simply want the world to be what they want it to be.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3977429_13323300102064934191598708523104649630490516o_jpegb2d4f1f2fc43ab7ed339ec228edded79

This has led me to the conclusion that most atheists are skeptics, not doubters, as nothing will make them believe in God.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3978456_13403261102065492237549509207472658834526216o_jpeg4c83b6edfe4611fa46bdd3d9d025bd5a

Its only unfortunate that we have allowed them to affiliate the words science, reason and logic with atheism for too long without letting them know all these have nothing to do with atheism.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3980896_1252441310596192274343318803368725323261271n_jpeg267423229af211c294d4962f5ab844be

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4144953_109290068933943340379435449123065060100291nedit_jpegff8a016184da10dfc964cb5dbfc49bf1

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
Winner01 your thread has given me inspiration.

I had to quickly open a thread after reading this one. An amazing piece.

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
winner01:

Stop fooooooooling your self.
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Sorry Sir.

How am I fooling myself?
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This is called painment grin cheesy

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
dalaman:

sorry sir, why do you think they rejected the invitation grin
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by Kinggnicole(f): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

You sound so unintelligent now

Atheism is personal and based on personal convictions. Many atheists don't even feel the need to join atheist groups. There have been atheist and freethinkers gatherings in the past that held. There are also religious gatherings that didn't garner as much publicity as expected so what's your point?
I wonder what the OP hopes to achieve with this post.

Petty

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Atheism is personal and based on personal convictions. Many atheists don't even feel the need to join atheist groups. There have been atheist and freethinkers gatherings in the past that held. There are also religious gatherings that didn't garner as much publicity as expected so what's your point?

Petty

LMAO so i sound unintelligent right now? Spare me the concern. My intelligence does not need your validation.

So atheism is now personal yet nairaland atheists disagree with you.

Take this your unintelligent talk and tell that to nairaland atheists who exhibit the very same unintelligence you are now a patron to.

Gracias

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by Kinggnicole(f): 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO so i sound unintelligent right now? Spare me the concern. My intelligence does not need your validation.

So atheism is now personal yet nairaland atheists disagree with you.

Take this your unintelligent talk and tell that to nairaland atheists who exhibit the very same unintelligence you are now a patron to.

Gracias

No point made
Yet again
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by dalaman: 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

So you made it up as usual abi? Continue.
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kinggnicole:

No point made
Yet again

I wasn't aiming at making any point. Just looking to move you away from polluting my joy. wink

Go find what makes you happy alright?
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
dalaman:

So you made it up as usual abi? Continue.

They cancelled it for sale of DISMAL ticket sales. A GLOBAL CONVENTION ooooo grin cheesy

Not even a local convention.

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Petty
Tell me one single atheist gathering In the past that met its expected attendance/population undecided

Don't just say trash without evidence.

Do you also believe religious people when they tell you "religion is personal" undecided If so, why dont you call out atheists who try to lump together all religious atrocities undecided
You sound bigoted .

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Kinggnicole:

No point made
Yet again
What other point is there to be made on this thread undecided

Atheism is hopeless and odious, offers only hopelessness, hope has been shown to be a vital part of humanity. Many people stay alive/survive today because of the hope for a better tomorrow. Even yourself hope for a better tomorrow. Humanity does not want to have anything to do with hopelessness and this is why atheism has gained little traction over all the generations of humanity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4179589_1410258611411660592595822874581199506624795n_png_jpegfa44074d686bd953f55ddacec24c2eec

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by sonofthunder: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
winner01:

Hilarious grin

Could this be a corroboration to the prediction that atheism is in decline and will be defeated by faith undecided

But really, its clear as day that all atheism offers is hopelessness and no purpose even though several atheists like to act like theists and attach purpose to different life. Most Nigerian atheists are serious bigots and that's why they will almost never admit to the hopelessness of atheism in the course of an argument. Here are some prominent atheists admitting to the hopelessness of the atheistic worldview;

In a debate the atheist activist Dan Barker had with a Christian apologist by the name of James White; Barker remarked: “There is no purpose to life, and we should not want there to be a purpose to life because if there was that would cheapen life”.

It is also evident that many atheists also feel the nihilistic force behind their philosophy, as in the words of the late William Provine:

“Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear … There are no gods, no purposes, no goal-directed forces of any kind. There is no life after death. When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead. That’s the end for me. There is no ultimate foundation for ethics, no ultimate meaning to life, and no free will for humans, either”.

Provine would also say that “No inherent moral or ethical laws exist, nor are there any absolute guiding principles for human society. The universe cares nothing for us and we have no ultimate meaning in life”.

Further, after Richard Dawkins had penned his best seller The God Delusion he recounts some concerns forwarded to him by his readers; Dawkins recounts:

“A foreign publisher of my first book confessed the he could not sleep for three nights after reading it, so troubled was he by what he saw as its cold, bleak message. Others have asked me how I can bear to get up in the mornings. A teacher from a distant country wrote to me reproachfully that a pupil had come to him in tears after reading the same book, because it had persuaded her that life was empty and purposeless. He advised her not to show the book to any of her friends, for fear of contaminating them with the same nihilistic pessimism”.

Yet despite such existential nihilism Dawkins tries to lessen its effects: “Presumably there is indeed no purpose in the ultimate fate of the cosmos, but do any of us really tie our life’s hopes to the ultimate fate of the cosmos anyway?”

If that’s not enough, the atheist chemist Peter Atkins goes as far as to call us “children of chaos,” and that “the deep structure of change is decay. At root, there is only corruption, and the unstemmable tide of chaos. Gone is purpose; all that is left is direction. This is the bleakness we have to accept as we peer deeply and dispassionately into the heart of the Universe”

Jon Casimir, as cited by Marsden, is forthright: “Here’s what I think. There is no meaning of life. The whole thing is a gyp, a never-ending corridor to nowhere. What is passed off as an all-important search is basically just a bunch of philosophers scrabbling about on their knees, trying to find a lost sock in the cosmic laundromat”.

Existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre goes on to articulate his nihilistic epiphany: “I existed like a stone, a plant, a microbe… I was just thinking… that here we are, all of us, eating and drinking, to preserve our precious exis tence and there’s nothing, nothing, absolutely no reason for existing”.

Similarly depressing is philosopher Thomas Nagel’s words; he explains that “It is often remarked that nothing we do now will matter in a million years. But if that is true, then by the same token, nothing that will be the case in a million years matters now. In particular, it does not matter now that in million years nothing we do now will matter”. In another of his works Nagel believes that “Even if life as a whole is meaningless, perhaps that’s nothing to worry about. Perhaps we can recognise it and just go on as before”.

This is true for everyone with an atheistic worldview. Naturally, it negates the existence of humanity. Many Atheists don't care that existence first should not make sense to them before anything else.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5909250_img8162_jpega449fdec5674e7900a8abc4d01b71616

Many atheists also don't care that life itself does not make sense and this is why they have tried to explain away the supernatural occurrence of life using evolution. This goes to show that several atheists are not really looking to question life or its phases, they simply want the world to be what they want it to be.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3977429_13323300102064934191598708523104649630490516o_jpegb2d4f1f2fc43ab7ed339ec228edded79

This has led me to the conclusion that most atheists are skeptics, not doubters, as nothing will make them believe in God.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3978456_13403261102065492237549509207472658834526216o_jpeg4c83b6edfe4611fa46bdd3d9d025bd5a

Its only unfortunate that we have allowed them to affiliate the words science, reason and logic with atheism for too long without letting them know all these have nothing to do with atheism.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3980896_1252441310596192274343318803368725323261271n_jpeg267423229af211c294d4962f5ab844be

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4144953_109290068933943340379435449123065060100291nedit_jpegff8a016184da10dfc964cb5dbfc49bf1
chai...

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by sonofthunder: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

this your post just makes me go... "chai"

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
Stale news from last year. Atheists no longer feel the need to go all the way to Australia to meet because we have atheists in every city now. wink

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Seun:
Stale news from last year. Atheists don't feel the need to go all the way to Australia to meet because we have atheists in every city now. ;-)

LMAO if that were the case why did they not take advantage of the internet and run a live stream? After all technology could have made this so much easier wouldn't it?

However they were also after the money they would have made from it so dismal ticket sales which meant little money ended the sham.

I guess it isn't only the religious who talk about money after all.

And by the way this is not stale news. This was a convention scheduled to hold this 2018

Also you said "we" have atheists in every city now. I guess atheism is a community after all

cc wirinet this negates your comment on my thread
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by wirinet(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
I honestly do not understand you guys obsession with atheist convention or Atheist meetings. There is absolutely no motivation for convinced atheists to meet. I have a convinced atheist for close to 30 years and I have never attended an atheist meeting (I didn't even know there are such things), I have never joined any atheist group online. I only post here on nairaland to counter you arrogant and sorry to say, ignorant Christians who makes loads of ridiculous false claims.

If it was a technology convention, I would be interested, if it was a physics convention, I would be interested, even a convention to discuss paleontology and evolution would greatly interest me, but an atheist convention? No.

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by butterflylion: 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
wirinet:
I honestly do not understand you guys obsession with atheist convention or Atheist meetings. There is absolutely no motivation for convinced atheists to meet. I have a convinced atheist for close to 30 years and I have never attended an atheist meeting (I didn't even know there are such things), I have never joined any atheist group online. I only post here on nairaland to counter you arrogant and sorry to say, ignorant Christians who makes loads of ridiculous false claims.

If it was a technology convention, I would be interested, if it was a physics convention, I would be interested, even a convention to discuss paleontology and evolution would greatly interest me, but an atheist convention? No.

Do and tell that to Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and Co grin

They disagree with you and before you throw your atheistic length of disbelief at us, they have been atheist probably for much longer than you have and are more outspoken and more popular.

You call Christians ignorant while you have been regularly shown to be the ignorant one even by my humble self.

Since you wish you be a lone ranger this further buttresses my point that atheism offers no comfort and no encouragement.

Do have a great atheistic day cool
Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by wirinet(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO if that were the case why did they not take advantage of the internet and run a live stream? After all technology could have made this so much easier wouldn't it?

However they were also after the money they would have made from it so dismal ticket sales which meant little money ended the sham.

I guess it isn't only the religious who talk about money after all.

And by the way this is not stale news. This was a convention scheduled to hold this 2018

Also you said "we" have atheists in every city now. I guess atheism is a community after all

cc wirinet this negates your comment on my thread

Arguing with you is becoming an unproductive and irrational exercise, how does "we have atheist in every city" translate to atheism is a community? I took time to explain to you that atheists do not have the motivation for meetings and jamborees, and you are talking of atheist community. Most universities have a reasonable amount of atheists, but you will not see them forming a community or meetings. They only betray their beliefs when Christians intrude on their privacy and try to save their soul by force.
Atheism is a personal journey, it does not require evangelism or convincing others.

Re: Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go by winner01(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Seun:
Stale news from last year. Atheists don't feel the need to go all the way to Australia to meet because we have atheists in every city now. ;-)
Stale but very much alive. Are you saying there were no atheists in every city during the 1st and 2nd convention. grin

Seun, always try to be honest when it comes to atheism grin

Why Is God Like This / Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. / Corona: Rain In Wuhan, China TB Joshua Prophecy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91