Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD (6264 Views)

SOLD Neatly Used 2007 Volvo XC90 SUV (first Body)SOLD / Clean 2013 Infinity JX35 For Sale (SUV) Toks..SOLD!!! / Kia Rondo 2007 Suv Toks.... 1.95m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cosplay:

Predictable.

You'd rather I go away right?

Just go to that low street level name calling which you're famous for and I'll leave
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
valarinz:

You'd rather I go away right?

Just go to that low street level name calling which you're famous for and I'll leave

Be original Sir.

Or at least try. wink

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cosplay:

Oh you do? Really didn’t notice. I don’t really bother trying to keep up with your ramblings and your (mis)adventures. I had a feeling you’re usually lurking around waiting to jump out of the shadows and scream ‘gotcha’

Carry on Sir. grin cheesy Monitor all you want.

Monitor?? Lol, I'm not you Oga who even went as far as stalking me to fb to get my private details to e-fight on NL, that's you.

I browse NL auto and cartalk section from time to time cos that pertains to my job, besides I'm not here to exchange words, talk on the topic at hand pls
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
valarinz:

Monitor?? Lol, I'm not you Oga who even went as far as stalking me to fb to get my private details to e-fight on NL, that's you.

I browse NL auto and cartalk section from time to time cos that pertains to my job, besides I'm not here to exchange words, talk on the topic at hand pls

But you literally just posted that you go through my posts looking for the ones that, in your opinion, have merit.

Isn’t that monitoring Sir? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
valarinz:

Be rest assured I'll tackle u anytime I see u displaying ur frequent bad behavior, when I'm chanced

You notice I just read and pass if I see threads where there's merit in what u type, but I'm afraid that's not the case here

Like, you just posted this. Or was the post made in error? grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2018
timifakay:

IMO, the outburst was not necessary sir.
None of your posts included front view of car and that was a red flag even before he requested for VIN... You got a car with minimal damage for sale and don't have to cuss anyone out for drawing your attention and that of prospective clients to it, your reaction to his posts goes a long way in projecting a negative image of you... Congrats to you on the sale.

Pls oo, why are all of you so one sided in judgements when it has to do with dealers here, You're all so quick to point fingers at the seller but no one want to call the other party to order.

Did the OP also post a tampered mileage of this car and why did Cosplay try to disrepute him with that and no one is saying anything too?
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Fixed: 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
valarinz:

Pls oo, why are all of you so one sided in judgements when it has to do with dealers here, You're all so quick to point fingers at the seller but no one want to call the other party to order.

Did the OP also post a tampered mileage of this car and why did Cosplay try to disrepute him with that and no one is saying anything too?

Well we are just sitting by watching and waiting till when you both allow us to talk. grin

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
Fixed:

Well we are just sitting by watching and waiting till when you both allow us to talk. grin

Lol, ok
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Fixed: 12:04am On Mar 24, 2018
My personal opinion

Did Cosplay do the right thing? - YES
He is doing a good job sanitising the auto section. I have noticed that he has recently been adding "Note the actual mileage" in many of his reports and not just for this Volvo. This is a handy info for the buyer during physical inspection.

Was there any "bad belle" from Cosplay? - NO
Hate it or like it, he is doing a good job and he meant well.

Was the OP's outburst justified? - unfortunately YES (but no insults)
Putting myself in the shoes of the seller, I will also not be happy because:
1. VIN disclosure is already a proof that he has nothing to hide.
2. The dreaded "Are you aware that..." question from Cosplay signifies the death of an advert. Every other thing is to bury it while Nairalanders seal the closure. My guess is that the seller confidently posted his VIN thinking since the SUV has been fixed from source and even got a rebuilt TITLE, it checks out! So he stays on the "Nothing to declare" lane.

Personal Verdict
Cosplay can better manage situations like this in order not to make sellers think you are on a Vendetta mission. I am an advocate of full disclosure but the way and manner you struck your gavel in this instance will make a buyer that knows nothing about US vehicle Titles think the vehicle is written off! Please continue to do your good work and show consideration where required. Whether you know it or not your actions weigh in a lot on decisions made by both buyer and seller.

And I am also bothered about something, there is a big dealer I respect so much on this forum that I know you don't ask to post VIN of his vehicles. He occasionally posts the pictures of the vehicles as purchased in the US and that's all. Would you call that full disclosure? Picture says it all, but not in this instance! A car so advertised might also have a rebuilt title like the Volvo in contention. A picture showing impact may not tell you if the transmission is gone. Also, a vehicle showing no impact and seemingly looking clean in the US might have been flooded.

https://www.nairaland.com/4397668/sold....tin-can-cleared-2011-lexus-rx

See how much reverence and persuasive skill you showed to the dealer in the thread above just to extract the VIN of the RX350. The courage to ask came only after many posts and when someone took up the daunting task of belling the cat. There was nothing like "Are you aware that..." and "... stop crying wolf you have yourself to blame" or even "note the actual mileage" in the thread. There are many other threads that you carefully avoided. You need to be courageous to do the needful because transparency starts from you.

Once again, my personal opinion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2018
Thanks for your contribution Sir.

I have no personal contact whatsoever with anybody on this forum and in this section and as such I have nothing personal against any moniker here, despite what a disillusioned few would have you believe.

That mentioned, I have come to notice a lot of things in the course of my quest. I have noticed that certain monikers can be depended on to be (seemingly) relatively transparent with their practices, while a lot of others, simply cannot even try to pretend to be.

The above should not be misconstrued to imply that these monikers are paragons of business virtue, none of us are. But the willingness to provide said information is a huge check mark for them.

There are perhaps hundreds of posts made in this section daily, and I’m only one person. As jobless as I’ve been accused of being, I couldn’t possibly be omnipresent and omniscient. I’m just an average user with an interest.

It may seem that I never ask Calculusx for VIN for his vehicles, some reasons for that are:

1. I already have a lot of the VINs for the adverts of his that I at some point, came across. And I have corroborated his photos and account of those vehicles with the photos and the VIN findings over time and have had little cause to call him out.

Below is just an example of my last point above. These are some of his most recent adverts and the VINs of those vehicles, including the one in the advert you mentioned which he didn’t make available but which I obtained anyway.

VIN - 2T2ZK1BA1BC060323

https://www.nairaland.com/4390008/tin-can-cleared-2009-toyota-corolla

JTDBL40E199065631

https://www.nairaland.com/4389998/tin-can-cleared-2007-toyota-camry

JTNBK46K773020155

https://www.nairaland.com/4403329/2008-lexus-rx-350-gray

2T2HK31U68C094799

https://www.nairaland.com/4359201/tin-can-cleared-2008-toyota-camry

4T1BK46K98U565236

https://www.nairaland.com/4411354/tin-can-cleared-2005-toyota-camry

4T1BE30K15U561171

https://www.nairaland.com/4390050/tin-can-cleared-2009-toyota-camry

4T1BE46K89U867853

So you’ll see that I have been checking on his adverts as and when I come across them. I’m certainly not infallible, but I have had no reason to dispute claims he has made about his vehicles, especially pertaining to mileage information. But I encourage us all to run checks and point out any mistakes made on my part, if we all did the same the dishonest sellers would have no choice but to shape up or ship out.

Gracias.

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2018
Fixed:
My personal opinion

Did Cosplay do the right thing? - YES
He is doing a good job sanitising the auto section. I have noticed that he has recently been adding "Note the actual mileage" in many of his reports and not just for this Volvo. This is a handy info for the buyer during physical inspection.

Was there any "bad belle" from Cosplay? - NO
Hate it or like it, he is doing a good job and he meant well.

Was the OP's outburst justified? - unfortunately YES (but no insults)
Putting myself in the shoes of the seller, I will also not be happy because:
1. VIN disclosure is already a proof that he has nothing to hide.
2. The dreaded "Are you aware that..." question from Cosplay signifies the death of an advert. Every other thing is to bury it while Nairalanders seal the closure. My guess is that the seller confidently posted his VIN thinking since the SUV has been fixed from source and even got a rebuilt TITLE, it checks out! So he stays on the "Nothing to declare" lane.

Personal Verdict
Cosplay can better manage situations like this in order not to make sellers think you are on a Vendetta mission. I am an advocate of full disclosure but the way and manner you struck your gavel in this instance will make a buyer that knows nothing about US vehicle Titles think the vehicle is written off! Please continue to do your good work and show consideration where required. Whether you know it or not your actions weigh in a lot on decisions made by both buyer and seller.

And I am also bothered about something, there is a big dealer I respect so much on this forum that I know you don't ask to post VIN of his vehicles. He occasionally posts the pictures of the vehicles as purchased in the US and that's all. Would you call that full disclosure? Picture says it all, but not in this instance! A car so advertised might also have a rebuilt title like the Volvo in contention. A picture showing impact may not tell you if the transmission is gone. Also, a vehicle showing no impact and seemingly looking clean in the US might have been flooded.

See how much reverence and persuasive skill you showed to the dealer in the thread above just to extract the VIN of the RX350. The courage to ask came only after many posts and when someone took up the daunting task of belling the cat. There was nothing like "Are you aware that..." and "... stop crying wolf you have yourself to blame" or even "note the actual mileage" in the thread. There are many other threads that you carefully avoided. You need to be courageous to do the needful because transparency starts from you.

Once again, my personal opinion.

Thank you for this wonderful insight

https://www.nairaland.com/4406303/2011-lexus-gs350-tokunbo-ibadan#65990333

Also check this link to see another person who he fears and never has courage to ask for vin or "full disclosure".

What stinks about his so called campaign is his hypocrisy and selective victimisation, he just targets the sellers he believes are middlemen and hence not capable of harming him in anyway.

Some other dealers are untouchable and neat, only a matter of time before many others see through this his charade
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2018
valarinz:

https://www.nairaland.com/4406303/2011-lexus-gs350-tokunbo-ibadan#65990333

Also check this link to see another person who he fears and never has courage to ask for vin or "full disclosure".

What stinks about his so called campaign is his hypocrisy and selective victimisation, he just targets the sellers he believes are middlemen and hence not capable of harming him in anyway.

Some other dealers are untouchable and neat, only a matter of time before many others see through this his charade

As far as I'm concerned the only person here with a personal vendetta is you, Mister.

You make it evident with every post you make. Did you read the post where Tadeus was exposed? Would you consider Tadeus a major dealer or a 'middleman?

Enough of your whining please. You're not the only one that has been exposed in the past. Some had even worse cases than you and they've learned their lessons and moved on.

Frankly it's his fault for responding to your silliness. The best response to you would be to ignore your constant crying and whining.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2018
Ipfreely:

As far as I'm concerned the only person here with a personal vendetta is you, Mister.

You make it evident with every post you make. Did you read the post where Tadeus was exposed? Would you consider Tadeus a major dealer or a 'middleman?

Enough of your whining please. You're not the only one that has been exposed in the past. Some had even worse cases than you and they've learned their lessons and moved on.

Frankly it's his fault for responding to your silliness. The best response to you would be to ignore your constant crying and whining.

You're in the same league with him, you can also go and die if my trolling to him pains u.

The day u also decide to take things personal and take this your fake good samaritan bullshit out of here to go to my Facebook page too, I'll start coming for u.

Bye
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2018
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2018
valarinz:

https://www.nairaland.com/4406303/2011-lexus-gs350-tokunbo-ibadan

Once again you're wrong because, as has been observed, you let your anger and emotions get in the way of good judgement.

The thread above about the so-called dealer he fears?

Please check this vehicle advert below

https://www.nairaland.com/4230682/2006-tokunbo-rx330-clean-title

https://www.nairaland.com/3836980/2011-clean-history-toks-camry/1

It should be clear to everyone that this Valarinz character is not to be taken seriously. Just another example of corruption fighting back.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2018
If I didn’t already know who Oderibah was, I’d think it was Oga Volvo. They have very similar characters. Pained individuals unable to get over emotional trauma

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 9:46am On Mar 24, 2018
It's good that this vehicle has been sold. It has never been, and will never be the intention to disrupt any sales. The information will merely be provided for interested parties to take note of and decide if they wish to proceed or not.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2018
I see I'm getting under the skin of you clowns, nice one grin

Very hard to take what u dish out to others?? grin cheesy

Now tell me if the link u just provided up there didn't just vindicate me, is that the same way u harass other sellers too?

Hypocritic clowns, doing fake bad belle sanitization, I'm glad all u guys can do I call me names over and over again, Pls get busy and dig and come entertain NLers with exposure of my shady dealings, I'm the most corrupt dealer here and that's why the 'good work' you guys are doing pains me to the bone

wink
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4415592/super-clean-lexus-2005-es330

Gateleo has a Lexus ES330 for sale. Please visit and share.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Readonee35L(m): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2018
valarinz:
I see I'm getting under the skin of you clowns, nice one grin

Very hard to take what u dish out to others?? grin cheesy

Now tell me if the link u just provided up there didn't just vindicate me, is that the same way u harass other sellers too?

Hypocritic clowns, doing fake bad belle sanitization, I'm glad all u guys can do I call me names over and over again, Pls get busy and dig and come entertain NLers with exposure of my shady dealings, I'm the most corrupt dealer here and that's why the 'good work' you guys are doing pains me to the bone

wink

Most of them they fear calculus and co.
Thats why the guy they talk polite polite using cool terms in his rx350. Even as calculus was adamant on not posting vin again but pictures. Non of them tackled him grin
Only eriko na senior man .

Auto section commandos grin .
The case of the corruption department ignoring the works of those above them grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:35am On Mar 24, 2018
Readonee35L:

Most of them they fear calculus and co.
Thats why the guy they talk polite polite using cool terms in his rx350. Even as calculus was adamant on not posting vin again but pictures. Non of them tackled him grin
Only eriko na senior man .

Auto section commandos grin .
The case of the corruption department ignoring the works of those above them grin

I had a feeling you’d come along. Predictable as always. cheesy wink

Wouldn’t have imagined you’d turn out this way but after the thread of yours went awry I suppose it was only a matter of time.

https://www.nairaland.com/4336948/

Carry on Sir.

Your opinions and thoughts really matter very little. The show must go on.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:

I have no personal contact whatsoever with anybody on this forum and in this section and as such I have nothing personal against any moniker here, despite what a disillusioned few would have you believe.

That mentioned, I have come to notice a lot of things in the course of my quest. I have noticed that certain monikers can be depended on to be (seemingly) relatively transparent with their practices, while a lot of others, simply cannot even try to pretend to be.

The above should not be misconstrued to imply that these monikers are paragons of business virtue, none of us are. But the willingness to provide said information is a huge check mark for them.

There are perhaps hundreds of posts made in this section daily, and I’m only one person. As jobless as I’ve been accused of being, I couldn’t possibly be omnipresent and omniscient. I’m just an average user with an interest.

It may seem that I never ask Calculusx for VIN for his vehicles, some reasons for that are:

1. I already have a lot of the VINs for the adverts of his that I at some point, came across. And I have corroborated his photos and account of those vehicles with the photos and the VIN findings over time and have had little cause to call him out.

Below is just an example of my last point above. These are some of his most recent adverts and the VINs of those vehicles, including the one in the advert you mentioned which he didn’t make available but which I
obtained anyway.

VIN - 2T2ZK1BA1BC060323

https://www.nairaland.com/4390008/tin-can-cleared-2009-toyota-corolla

JTDBL40E199065631

https://www.nairaland.com/4389998/tin-can-cleared-2007-toyota-camry

JTNBK46K773020155

https://www.nairaland.com/4403329/2008-lexus-rx-350-gray

2T2HK31U68C094799

https://www.nairaland.com/4359201/tin-can-cleared-2008-toyota-camry

4T1BK46K98U565236

https://www.nairaland.com/4411354/tin-can-cleared-2005-toyota-camry

4T1BE30K15U561171

https://www.nairaland.com/4390050/tin-can-cleared-2009-toyota-camry

4T1BE46K89U867853

So you’ll see that I have been checking on his adverts as and when I come across them. I’m certainly not infallible, but I have had no reason to dispute claims he has made about his vehicles, especially pertaining to mileage information. But I encourage us all to run checks and point out any mistakes made on my part, if we all did the same the dishonest sellers would have no choice but to shape up or ship out.

Gracias.

You can choose to read and ignore and remain adamant with your opinions, or you can read and attempt to understand. Either way it matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Once upon a time they may have.

Calculusx has always been and will always be twice the man and the dealer you were(I would type are but I don’t see any more vehicles in this section from you, perhaps you’ve chosen to focus on offline sales or other endeavors where you’d have far more latitude)

Your mindset will ensure that that happens.

Good luck Sir

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Readonee35L(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:

I had a feeling you’d come along. Predictable as always. cheesy wink

Wouldn’t have imagined you’d turn out this way but after the thread of yours went awry I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Carry on Sir.

Your opinions and thoughts really matter very little. The show must go on.
Why are you ignoring the main point in my massage.
But you're talking about something totally irrelevant.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2018
Readonee35L:

Why are you ignoring the main point in my massage.
But you're talking about something totally irrelevant.
smiley

The main point? That I avoid My Lord Calculusx? cheesy grin

cheesy grin Read the post above. My answer was broken down in clear and simple terms.

Or not, it really doesn’t matter.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Interesting, the similarities between

Readonee35L and Teddyhoncho.

More interesting is the fact that the Teddyhoncho account was opened only a few days after the thread from Readonee35L was exposed for putting a flooded vehicle up for sale.

Probably just coincidental, what do I know. Just a jobless average guy.

Obekediamondfuto and LeJeun3 It’s just my imagination right?

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Readonee35L(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:
Interesting, the similarities between

Readonee35L and Teddyhoncho.

More interesting is the fact that the Teddyhoncho account was opened only a few days after the thread from Readonee35L was exposed for putting a flooded vehicle up for sale.

Probably just coincidental, what do I know. Just a jobless average guy.

Obekediamondfuto and LeJeun3 It’s just my imagination right?
Lol.
You might as well sync me together with autosbay or maybe dancock lmao.
grin smiley

You think so shallow. So I'd operate two accounts becaude of You? grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:

You can choose to read and ignore and remain adamant with your opinions, or you can read and attempt to understand. Either way it matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Once upon a time they may have.

Calculusx has always been and will always be twice the man and the dealer you were(I would type are but I don’t see any more vehicles in this section from you, perhaps you’ve chosen to focus on offline sales or other endeavors where you’d have far more latitude)

Your mindset will ensure that that happens.

Good luck Sir

* I saw your Post and I didn't ignore. I have been reading about so many other adverts linked to this thread for the past 2 hours I have not even been able to upload any advert today grin. Interesting and funny comments from NLers. I have missed soo much on here because I just upload adverts and move on without going through what has been happening on Auto Section.

It takes just man to change the world. In as much as you are doing a great Job which you have actually succeeded in doing because I can now see many dealers uploading Pre-purchase pictures which is good for the business, I must reiterate that even I, as an importer, I can't remember the last time I checked Vehicle History. I buy nothing less than 15 Cars on Auctions weekly, how many reports will I check when it's not even sure I will end up winning the bid. So, I only rely on the present state of the Car, I can later check Report after winning the bid if need be which at most times are been exaggerated. Like someone rightly said on another thread, a Car can be term Salvage just because of bumper damage, it all depends on the owner's insurance policy. I'm still surprised how you got Vin no for my 2011 RX 350 except if you got it after I posted the Pre-purchase Pictures.

I had a bitter experience displaying Vin no online here which made me stopped, even if a Client private chat me asking for Vin no, i always feel reluctant releasing it but always release pre-purchase pictures. Not because I had idea what the Report was or was hiding anything, I rather send the US Pics to make their decision. Someone saw my advert, requested for the Vin to to be displayed which I did, this person came to my office with his boss to inspect the Vehicle, made copies of Custom Paper claiming to want to verify if duty was paid and that was all I heard from them.

Few Months after someone else bought the Vehicle and was unable to register it. The Customer could have come here and called me names for selling a Registered Vehicle as Toks. He had a listening ear and we both investigated the Case. It turned out that the guy that inspected the Vehicle with his boss actually took a loan from his office to procure the Car and Registered it without my consent. Luckily, he did the Registration with his Phone number and that was how we were able to track him down. Ever since then, I stopped displaying Vin nos on majority of my adverts

Kudos to you for this Change you brought to Auto Section. You deserve a recommendation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
Readonee35L:

Lol.
You might as well sync me together with autosbay or maybe dancock lmao.
grin smiley

You think so shallow. So I'd operate two accounts becaude of You? grin

It’s alright Sir

I apologize, I was wrong. grin

We understand wink
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by aieromon(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
calculusx:

Someone saw my advert, requested for the Vin to to be displayed which I did, this person came to my office with his boss to inspect the Vehicle, made copies of Custom Paper claiming to want to verify if duty was paid and that was all I heard from them.

Few Months after someone else bought the Vehicle and was unable to register it. The Customer could have come here and called me names for selling a Registered Vehicle as Toks. He had a listening ear and we both investigated the Case. It turned out that the guy that inspected the Vehicle with his boss actually took a loan from his office to procure the Car and Registered it without my consent. Luckily, he did the Registration with his Phone number and that was how we were able to track him down. Ever since then, I stopped displaying Vin nos on majority of my adverts

Wow.

Truly, the Vehicle Licensing Authority only needs the VIN, Engine number and color of car to register it on their database. Some people can be so evil. angry angry

How was the buyer able to "re-register" the car?
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
calculusx:

* I saw your Post and I didn't ignore. I have been reading about so many other adverts linked to this thread for the past 2 hours I have not even been able to upload any advert today grin. Interesting and funny comments from NLers. I have missed soo much on here because I just upload adverts and move on without going through what has been happening on Auto Section.

It takes just man to change the world. In as much as you are doing a great Job which you have actually succeeded in doing because I can now see many dealers uploading Pre-purchase pictures which is good for the business, I must reiterate that even I, as an importer, I can't remember the last time I checked Vehicle History. I buy nothing less than 15 Cars on Auctions weekly, how many reports will I check when it's not even sure I will end up winning the bid. So, I only rely on the present state of the Car, I can later check Report after winning the bid if need be which at most times are been exaggerated. Like someone rightly said on another thread, a Car can be term Salvage just because of bumper damage, it all depends on the owner's insurance policy. I'm still surprised how you got Vin no for my 2011 RX 350 except if you got it after I posted the Pre-purchase Pictures.

I had a bitter experience displaying Vin no online here which made me stopped, even if a Client private chat me asking for Vin no, i always feel reluctant releasing it but always release pre-purchase pictures. Not because I had idea what the Report was or was hiding anything, I rather send the US Pics to make their decision. Someone saw my advert, requested for the Vin to to be displayed which I did, this person came to my office with his boss to inspect the Vehicle, made copies of Custom Paper claiming to want to verify if duty was paid and that was all I heard from them.

Kudos to you for this Change you brought to Auto Section. You deserve a recommendation

My Lord Calculusx grin grin

I do go check on any of your adverts I come across as you’ll see from my post abovewink

Never mind the rest of the opponents of full disclosure. A crook will always come up with excuses and deflections to distract from his activities.

Classic bait and switch misdirection tactics.

Make Nairaland Great Again!
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Readonee35L(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:

It’s alright Sir

We understand wink

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Brandnew 2012. Toyota Camry Camry For Sale @ 6m Each / 2012 Toyota Avalon Luxury Saloon Car / Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 With Full Option Call 07082361524 For 1.3m.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.