Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

An Experience With The Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Experience With The Nigerian Police (780 Views)

Nigerian Police: A Brutal Reality - Oke Umurhohwo / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / "My Experience With IPOB Boys In Aba Today" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Experience With The Nigerian Police by johnime: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
I am home with my father and a neighbour who has lived on the same street with for over 35 years in Ibadan. Ajeigbe streeet, off Ring Road, Ibadan to be precise. He is telling me his experience with the from Orita Challenge Police station. He went to Ajeigbe bus stop about 9pm to buy food and drinks. He was arrested by the police for wandering at 9plived on for over 35years. He claims several innocent people were arrested at the food spot for no reason.

Next morning, all of them were charged for armed robbery and planning to go steal cars. Individuals who could pay 5-8k were released, he could not pay cos he did not have. He was like you policemen arrested me buying food, how come you are charging for armed robbery.The police cell was full of people from the area, some had gone to buy suya yet ended up in the station. That night, over 100 people were rounded up around Ajeigbe axis of ring road

Next morning, the police brought him back to his father’s house cos he refused to pay bail. His family and everyone in the neighbourhood came out to defend him, the police searched his room and found nothing. He was returned to the station and his uncle came to bail him for 3.5k. I spoke to the woman selling Akara on our street, she complains that her business is dying cos the police continue to arrest individuals who come to buy akara at random.

Sometimes people are arrested wearing just shorts cos they came to buy akara
What a country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by slimfit1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
Serious issue that the interior ministry is supposed to be dealing with how do you encourage Nigerians abroad to come and invest after hearing this story. The IGP should and Chief justice should be sacked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
It's such a shame the police molest and harass people they are supposed to protect? This is a wrong country..
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by BankeSmalls(f): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shitholle
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
Smh, Nigerian police.
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by RockyEyo(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2018
Lala has gone missing in action
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by enlady(f): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2018
No wonder they are rated worst police force in the world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by Omololu2121: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2018
And some people keep wailing about not been ready for State police grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by johnime: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2018
e tire me o!
Omololu2121:
And some people keep wailing about not been ready for State police grin

Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by LauraClasikVibe(f): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
grin
enlady:
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by lavylilly: 2:21am On Jan 15, 2023
cheesy
enlady:
Re: An Experience With The Nigerian Police by Pojomojo: 2:45am On Jul 22, 2023
grin

(1) (Reply)

People Buhari Needs For Re-election / Why I Might Not Support My Husband In 2019 — Aisha Buhari / ''why I Accepted To Serve As The Spokesperson Of President Buhari's Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.