Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts (21603 Views)

See The Futuristic Bugatti Concept Vehicle That Looks Like A Batmobile / The World's First 3D-Printed Vehicle Goes On Sales (video) / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by AutoReportNG2: 4:12am On Mar 23, 2018
When it was predicted some years back that cars will run on water, many people thought the speaker is crazy.

3D printing has just allowed a car company (XEV) and a printing company (polymaker) to manufacture an electric car, LSEV, for $7,500 USD that is 2.7million naira. By 3D printing the city-ready vehicle, XEV and polymaker have knocked the number of individual plastic components down from the typically-used 2,000 to, oh, 57 parts — excluding mirrors, lights, chassis and such.

‘XEV is the first real mass production project using 3D printing. by saying really, I mean there are also lots of other companies using 3D printing for production. but nothing can really compare with XEV in terms of the size, the scale, and the intensity,’ said, Dr. Luo Xiaofan, co-founder, and CEO of polymaker. The transportation industry is certainly in a state of disruption. amidst this disruption — LSEV is an affordable solution for city drivers. its top speed is 43 miles per hour. It covers a range of 93 miles per charge. LSEV has already received 7,000 orders.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/see-3d-printed-electric-vehicle-that.html

Watch the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-X-rN2yXfs

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by AutoReportNG2: 4:12am On Mar 23, 2018
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by xreal: 4:36am On Mar 23, 2018
If Dankote's Trailer overtake this one for express...

[img]https://media1./images/c762bed3d846c1ec369aa129adb0da13/tenor.gif?itemid=3522469[/img]

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by adeniyi3971(m): 5:02am On Mar 23, 2018
For what na trailer breeze go pack am comot for road

3 Likes

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Aldebaran(m): 5:34am On Mar 23, 2018
It looks good but light for Nigerian roads grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Follygunners: 6:51am On Mar 23, 2018
So, we go fit dey print car be dat... yay! grin No more auction, dealer, tokunbo et al...
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by emmabest2000(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2018
xreal:
If Dankote's Trailer overtake this one for express...

[img]https://media1./images/c762bed3d846c1ec369aa129adb0da13/tenor.gif?itemid=3522469[/img]

You mean Dankote death trap

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by benzene00: 6:53am On Mar 23, 2018
This typically useless

shocked

We need something that accommodate buhari and his cows back to daura

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Cutehector(m): 6:54am On Mar 23, 2018
Nigeria's overdependence on oil will make it to suffer in years to come
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by partnerbiz4: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2018
This one go fly if trailer overtake am...

1 Like

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 23, 2018

2 Likes

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by RZArecta2(m): 6:59am On Mar 23, 2018
Nice but when keke or danfo design your car, you'll have to export it back for reprinting. That's my only problem with it cool
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by obaataaokpaewu: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2018
At this rate, these guys may come up one day with the technology that can make one immortal. They have started already with that "dead body freezing". And we are here shouting APC and PDP up and down embarassed

1 Like

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2018
If you dash me I go take but I no fit buy am with my own money and I fit no give you assurance say I no go sell am

1 Like

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Odegbami1(m): 7:11am On Mar 23, 2018
TheMinimalist:
interesting but too small. I prefer big cars like like ford explorer or ford Raptor . The new Bronco is also cool .

Typical poor people thinking and mentality. Your Monika says it all "animalist"
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Boyooosa(m): 7:14am On Mar 23, 2018
We don't need something light
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by EXLOVER(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2018
Odegbami1:

Typical poor people thinking and mentality. Your Monika says it all "animalist"
how is his mentality poor bros?
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by izzou(m): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2018
RZArecta2:
Nice but when keke or danfo design your car, you'll have to export it back for reprinting. That's my only problem with it cool

grin grin grin grin

My chest
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by lamotra: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2018
8 Day to Go.....EASTER SINGLES MEGA HANGOUT!

This Event is specially packaged with Love and genuine matchmaking....LIVE IN LAGOS!

After attending this event, you cant go back and remain single, GUARANTEED! Else, demand for a refund!!! GUARANTEED!!!

Games, Karaoke, Volleyball (Guys vs Ladies), real live hook-ups, matchmaking and networking, food, drinks and dance...ALL LIVE ON THE BEACH!

If you want to remain single and lonely when all you need to do is attend and be hookedup...THEN DONT BOTHER ATTEND!!!
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2018
I don't get the printing part.
Someone should EPP me explain
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by ClassicMan202(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2018
If you need one indicate make i photocopy my own give you at half the price grin
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by KrystosCJ(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2018
TheMinimalist:
interesting but too small. I prefer big cars like like ford explorer or ford Raptor . The new Bronco is also cool .

We are on the same page. Although, I thought TheMinimalist preferred something light.. grin grin
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 23, 2018

3 Likes

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by Feraz(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Owomkpo:
I don't get the printing part.
Someone should EPP me explain
It is like your regular printing only this time, it is not on a flat surface and it is real, tangible. There are machines that build (print) in 3D after modelling them in softwares such as SolidWorks, CATIA, Siemens, Maya etc. Say I need a very fancy chair, light and compact, I can design it with one of those softwares mentioned and print it using a 3D printer, after which I'll use something to polish it.

In the case above, they printed the different parts needed in the car, totalling 57 and joined them like a kid would do with lego parts. Then maybe add screws to where it's needed.

I can print the image below if I see a 3D printer. Hope it's clear?

RZArecta2:
Not really. Me thinks if you can design any of the damaged parts, then, you can print and fix it here without necessarily shipping it out again.

1 Like

Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by KrystosCJ(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2018
TheMinimalist:
I think a lot of people have misconception about minimalism. minimalism doesn't mean you shouldn't have big stuff, it just means you should have what you need and no additional baggage and unnecessary wastage. It means simplicity and modesty. for one , I prefer big cars because I'm 6'3, but I have only one car . I prefer 6 inch phones too because it feels more comfortable to me(especially for videos ) , I use sony xperia xa1 ultra , but I have only 1 phone . In my bedroom is just a bed and two lamps and one chair . living room is just one sofa and tv and video game ,on the walls are books on shelves,tennis racket and boxing gloves and basketball . Most people who visit me always ask if i'm moving or just moved in. I don't lock my door most of the time and I have all of my IDs and documents with me at all times . I'm not afraid of danger nor death . I can disappear at any moment and it wont matter whether I ever step feet in the house again . I feel very free and happy . I plan on having only one child . i'm a vegetarian.

Good. Too bad Nairaland doesn't have a "handshake" emoji. They seriously need to upgrade.
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by MistadeRegal(m): 10:39am On Mar 23, 2018
Too small.
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by piagetskinner(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
I can't do NFS with this one na...I can't drift..
too tiny
Re: See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts by fait10(m): 2:20am On Mar 24, 2018
TheMinimalist:
as if this idiot get money to buy the car angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result Of 2019 Car Race And Bike Race Championship In Nigeria / 5 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Lagos BRT. / Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.