Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? (3544 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Man Sleeping On ATM At Immigration Office Ikoyi (Photo) / 12 Types Of People You Meet On ATM Queue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Bornboy4: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
A colleague of mine asked me on the 22nd of March, 2018 at about 12.14pm to help transfer money to his son Peter which I did through the ATM machine at Aduwawa Benin City branch of FirstBank. Do you know that up till now the 11,000 Naira I transferred from my Credit Card Account number 2028459248 for which I was debited 11,100 Naira didn't get to its destination?
Is the money missing in transit or stolen? FirstBank Nigeria please explain. I got your alert that this money has been debited but the recipient is yet to receive it and I had to return the money I collected from the said colleague this afternoon. See the alert I received below...

Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Bornboy4: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bornboy4:
A colleague of mine asked me on the 22nd of March, 2018 at about 12.14pm to help transfer money to his son Peter which I did through the ATM machine at Aduwawa Benin City branch of FirstBank. Do you know that up till now the 11,000 Naira I transferred from my Credit Card Account number 2028459248 for which I was debited 11,100 Naira didn't get to its destination?
Is the money missing in transit or stolen? FirstBank Nigeria please explain. I got your alert that this money has been debited but the recipient is yet to receive it and I had to return the money I collected from the said colleague this afternoon. See the alert I received below...
Any FirstBank Nigeria official here please?
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Missionaire: 7:17am On Oct 15, 2020
Similiar thing happened to me two days ago.

I had some money in my GTB account on the 12th of this month. When I went to use the ATM the next day on the 13th, I could only find less than 836 naira.

When I called the bank, I was told that my ATM card was used at a POS called Pay Arena for only God knows what.

This was quite surprising because my card had been with me since morning and every time. I don't do online transactions with it and have only used it for POS once and that was in August this year.

I went to the bank yesterday to fill the dispute form and was told that the issue would be sorted out in 45 days. Can you imagine??

How possible can my card be used at a POS without the card?
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Grandest(m): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Bornboy4:
Please did you get the money back? I'm experiencing the same issue.
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Grandest(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
Missionaire:
Similiar thing happened to me two days ago.

I had some money in my GTB account on the 12th of this month. When I went to use the ATM the next day on the 13th, I could only find less than 836 naira.

When I called the bank, I was told that my ATM card was used at a POS called Pay Arena for only God knows what.

This was quite surprising because my card had been with me since morning and every time. I don't do online transactions with it and have only used it for POS once and that was in August this year.

I went to the bank yesterday to fill the dispute form and was told that the issue would be sorted out in 45 days. Can you imagine??

How possible can my card be used at a POS without the card?
Please did you get the money back. I'm experiencing the same issue.
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Missionaire: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
Grandest:

Please did you get the money back. I'm experiencing the same issue.

Never did
Bank told me it would take 40 days to resolve.

Never did.
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Grandest(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
Missionaire:

Never did
Bank told me it would take 40 days to resolve.

Never did.
Was yours the same Payarena issue?
I mean how did yours happen?
Re: Firstbank Of Nigeria: Did I Lost Money To Payarena On ATM? by Missionaire: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
Grandest:

Was yours the same Payarena issue?
I mean how did yours happen?

Yeah. Same Payarena issue.
Just read the thread. I told the story there.

The thread is on my profile
Something about POS people being the latest scammers.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Urgent Loan / Fidelity Bank Holds AGM, Assures Of Greater Returns Through With Digitization / 3 Nigeria's Most Trusted Websites To Buy And Sell Bitcoin, Perfectmoney & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.