Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (102325 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Helipad: Check Out Its Uses And How It All Started - Photos / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by bonario1: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Berliner1:

Are you married or dating someone in Europe?
. yes am married with a kid.
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Berliner1: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2018
bonario1:
yes am married with a kid.

If ur partner is in Germany then its easier.

Apart from Asylum seekers, anyone working here can invite u over under family reunion category.

1 Like

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Grupo(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
Berliner1:

Apart from Asylum seekers, anyone working here can invite u over under family reunion category.

How easy is it to get a job after a masters program in Germany? And what's the estimated pay for such graduate jobs?
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by bonario1: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
Berliner1:

we are both presently in Nigeria.
how is it easy to travel abroad with family visa I have marriage registry certificate?
can you give me guideline on how to go about it.
thanks.
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Berliner1: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
bonario1:
we are both presently in Nigeria.
how is it easy to travel abroad with family visa I have marriage registry certificate?
can you give me guideline on how to go about it.
thanks.

Thats not family reunion bro.

You can try canada PR

Or come to germany via study route..once you enter, your spouse can join you.Easy and legal..both of you can work, study and tour europe.

8 Likes

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Berliner1: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
Grupo:

How easy is it to get a job after a masters program in Germany? And what's the estimated pay for such graduate jobs?

Mention a country where job is easy in this present world.

Come here and be educated or trained in a field with short supply of skilledfull labour, you will be smilling.

An entrance level IT guy here will net averagely €2400(around 1.1m naira) after tax monthly.after few years of experience the pay goes up as your negotiating power increase.

You dont need only degrees to survive here.

Certification also sell.

Project manager, SAP ERP....

8 Likes

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
mrfarmer600:
as we all came on board in the big ship,the rescue teams inside the ship searched each and everyone of us if we were with drugs or weapons and we were all giving a hand band which signify the conditions of our state before they found us, and the band had numbers on it and we seated in groups the way we where rescued.
we were giving some kind of plastic nylon, the type that is used to wrap valentine gift to cover because it became cold and windy latter at night, we also saw the first set of group that left us, and there boat was almost in the point of sinking before rescue found them
we meant people also from other part of african country inside, the ship was filled with all of us who were illegal migrants.
some people where being take inside a room in the ship for questioning so to identify the driver of the boats and the assistant, mean while before we saw rescue an helicopter came to snap pictures of us, so they already new the people they were looking for.
after the investigation the driver and the assistant where separated from the rest of us, then they shared bread, fruit juice, and apples to all of us.
and at 1am in the night the meditarranean sea showed his real colour to us, and i saw for myself how it feels like to be in a ship when the sea was bad, it was just unbelievable how the sea waves was waving the big ship not to talk of the boat we were in, then i told to myself thank God rescue found us.
we spent three days on the big ship before we finally arrived in palermo the capital of italian island in sicily on sunday afternoon.
the italian immigration police, cameras and journalist were waiting for us to come down,but before we came down from the ship, doctors came into the ship and check our body for any infections and one dead body that was recovered by the rescue team was taken away.
as we came down from the ship we were given robber sanders to wear and our names and ages taken by the immigration officers before we entered a bus that took everyone to different camps.

well to end this story i would like to add what i think about all of this journey i did

1) coming into europe as an illegal migrants is a bad move

2) europe was not what my life that i put on the line, all do everyone has his or her own opinion about it.

3) everything is hard as a migrant, we a left to do cheap works for them or beg for money, for the girls i wont say anything cause you already know.
and some people would ask why did you not change to another europian county if you did not get you document in italy, well even if you did go and succeed to enter the next country be sure of you asylum application coming out negative cause the rules consigning migration has changed.
i wish to go back to my mothers land nigeria where i dont feel or see racism or trying to blend in all the time.

i just hope this changes somebodys life in any way, and if you ever want to travel out of nigeria make sure you take a flight to any of the country you wish to go, that way things will be easier for you there.

thanks for reading to the end and may god protect us from the hand of the wicked ones.........................THE END

God bless u bro and God will make u great because i'm having tears in my eyes as i'm typing this message.

3 Likes

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by ElPhoche(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
gidjah:
GOOD place to be i must say.was at ENGLAND and you cant believe i didnt sweat for weeks. i didnt polish my shoes for over 3d weeks too. no dust to mess my shoes ! every where green and cold!enjoy ment good my bros
My shoes have been neat as ever and i havent used my suede spray polish for at least 5 months, except last week when i matched one dog poop as i left my bus grin cheesy grin. I understand now, why those OK shoes i love buying in Nigeria are very neat

4 Likes

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by gidjah(m): 8:12am On Apr 13, 2018
ElPhoche:

My shoes have been neat as ever and i havent used my suede spray polish for at least 5 months, except last week when i matched one dog poop as i left my bus grin cheesy grin. I understand now, why those OK shoes i love buying in Nigeria are very neat
hmmm thats it o!, I just kept weeping for this nation, our leaders spend most holidays there, why can't they just emulate something good and replicate? Na so so evil politics dem sabi copy and paste! I really weep for this nation every time I pass through other countries. Was also at jouhanesbourg some time ago too, bros that country is quite tight too, very organised..... our "giant of Africa" has really lagged and lost behind schedules

5 Likes

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Tino2017(m): 8:55am On Apr 14, 2018
Wow interested in this. boss pls which visa can I use to come Germany....am 21 yrs I have 800k @ hand .....
Please enlitte... Or should I source for more money....am studyn here but I will not like to continue with my studies. Wil like to migrate abroad for my future... I don't won't to west that money in Nigerian school here.....
Berliner1:

Mention a country where job is easy in this present world.

Come here and be educated or trained in a field with short supply of skilledfull labour, you will be smilling.

An entrance level IT guy here will net averagely €2400(around 1.1m naira) after tax monthly.after few years of experience the pay goes up as your negotiating power increase.

You dont need only degrees to survive here.

Certification also sell.

Project manager, SAP ERP....
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Rikidony(m): 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
mrfarmer600:
just like every other 21 year old boy thinking the grass is more greener at the other side, well it really was not how i thought it was.

hello am jerry and am here to tell some of my life story as a son of the soil born proud Nigerian that is also proud of his race and people but hate his government.
my story is no defferent just like so many other who came out from a poor background but i was lucky enough to attend school before i dropt out
due to no money to go further i tried all my best to stay away from trouble and to do that i started learning handwork as a mechanic,
which i did for three years and got freed but had trouble starting my because i had no money for i had to look for other alternative for i started picking irons to rase some funds to buy the things i needed i did this for six mouths and earned some good amount doing it on still i meant a guy,
who told me he has a very big seller that wanted to sell some large amount of coppers to him that he had no money to pay this copper and that he needed me to loan him money that in return after he has sell this copper he would pay me back the money with interest due to the fact that i have gave him money this way before i said okey and gave him 25k after 6hr time he came back to me where i was buy irons from other iron bordders and started crying about how he has finish buying the coppers and started to burn them some guys from the area who saw the smoke came up to him that he had no rights to burn anything in there areal and that he has to claim the copper from them since it now belongs to them due to the fact that my money was at stake i ask him how much this guys demanded from him.
he told me it was another 15k this was the last money i had that i was thinking of adding to the money i first gave him and the interest that i was also expecting i did not know i was being scammed by this guy.
for my money not to lost i gave him the money and he left, after some few hours i did not here from him so i decided to call his phone.
unfortunately his phone was not reachable. to be continued

nice story bro, what about ur friend did he also make it.

pray you succeed
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
Originalsly:
Wow. Forget about being interesting.... this is soooo revealing...now we have a clear picture of what it really takes to go on this longgg perilous journey... and if you are lucky to get to Europe.... alive... you are wayyy more likely to be worse off than you were in the beginning....trapped in a foreign land.
@ Op..... you gave us a whole lot...you are trapped.... how can we help?...do you want to return to Naija?
bless you sir, ur comment is well cherished

1 Like

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by awo666(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2018
Berliner1:

Anyway I dont know much about Uk model but here in Germany you can work under unskilled category and be comfortable.

Lets analyse it.
Minimum wage job in Germany will earn you averagely €1500(650k) after tax thats the least.Also you can add another weekend job if you want which is tax free. The company automatically pay your health insurance.

Expenses.
For a single man, you can live in a comfortable house of 350 euro averagely(all bills charges inclusive).
Food 100euro( food is the cheapest food here).
Recharge card(20 euro allnet)
Car expenses 100 euro monthly.
Wears depends on your lifestyle and where you shop.

Meaning you still have 900 euro(400k)

For people who work and earn well in Nigeria 400k is nothing.

But for a jobless person In Nigeria its something.

Also remember the insurance in germany covers you 100% free.

You can also climb the career lader by obtaining free and accesible education here.

Its practically impossible to work in a company for 10 years and earn minimum wage..thats impossible.

The longer u work here the higher they pay hourly...

People start from 9 euro and currently earn 14 euro doing same odd jobs.

Everything depends on individual lifestyles and saving habit.

But hardwork pays in Europe.

Some people earn well and spend it on luxury or expensive lifestyle...so its normal if they have mothing to show.
hello there, i saw in your post saying Germany is an immigrant friendly place, please I intend to get a student visa to Germany but I don't know the process that comes along for it, can u give me some guidelines please? I'd really appreciate to get a response from u.
I have degree in mass-communication, I also have a sister who would like to study nursing (undergraduate)
please help a fellow brother
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Berliner1: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2018
awo666:
hello there, i saw in your post saying Germany is an immigrant friendly place, please I intend to get a student visa to Germany but I don't know the process that comes along for it, can u give me some guidelines please? I'd really appreciate to get a response from u.
I have degree in mass-communication, I also have a sister who would like to study nursing (undergraduate)
please help a fellow brother

Have replied ur Pm
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by egorov(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
Berliner1:

Have replied ur Pm

Bro, I have a Friend, a german girl, she's 23 and we've been friends for about 6yrs. She just stopped working(was working in an elderly people's home). She lives in kiel with her mom in her mom's bf house. We've been talking about seeing each other for like 3yrs now but we are both clueless, esp the money issue. Last week she was asking how much it will cost her to come to nigeria, I have no idea. She said she has about 1k+ euros which I told her won't be enough. Now my question is, can we do the family reunion thing as we are more or less dating, she only insisted on seeing me physically before she can finally decide.
Can we do the reunion thing? And how do I go about it. I really wanna leave this country
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Berliner1: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
egorov:

Bro, I have a Friend, a german girl, she's 23 and we've been friends for about 6yrs. She just stopped working(was working in an elderly people's home). She lives in kiel with her mom in her mom's bf house. We've been talking about seeing each other for like 3yrs now but we are both clueless, esp the money issue. Last week she was asking how much it will cost her to come to nigeria, I have no idea. She said she has about 1k+ euros which I told her won't be enough. Now my question is, can we do the family reunion thing as we are more or less dating, she only insisted on seeing me physically before she can finally decide.
Can we do the reunion thing? And how do I go about it. I really wanna leave this country

You need a document to show u guys are connected...marriage certificate etc.

At that Age I doubt if she have the financial capacity for such.
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by MrCork: 7:56am On Jul 12, 2018
Modelling:

Which fun please?

^^^^kaiiiiii. .see nyansh!! cheesy
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2018
Modelling:
Which fun please?
Happy Birthday
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Tabbaz(m): 6:11am On Jul 14, 2018
Revealing!
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by oyetpel(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2018
There is a documentary on migration through Libya that was just recently released, the title is 'It will be chaos'.

It's heart wrenching.
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by vickifeanyi47(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
oyetpel:
There is a documentary on migration through Libya that was just recently released, the title is 'It will be chaos'.

It's heart wrenching.
How can one access the documentary?
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Tjayjosh(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Guidette:
Mrfarmer600 Hi. I would like to work with you so that we can rewrite your story into a movie script. Something Hollywood worthy. If that's OK please let me know asap. Thanks for sharing your courageous story.
Hello. I know a story somewhat similar to this one, difference is the route. This one is by land through the sahara desert, but the other is by sea through the atlantic ocean. It happened over 20 years ago. I believe a lot of people have not been told the tale. I got the story from a friend who knows the person that had the experience. I would like you to help me work on it. Send me a pm if possible. Thanks!
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by oyetpel(m): 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
vickifeanyi47:
How can one access the documentary?
fz....... movies........... dot........ net
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2018
heendrix:

the disturbing question is how long would Italy keep accepting this illegal migrant,helping them off coast and even allow them roam about for menial jobs. no ways to stop or deport them?

they wont stop rescuing people off the sea cause they make laot of money from them
do u know how much amnesty international gives to italy and spain per head/immigrants\ on a yearly basis?
and not just amnesty international o,,united nations too
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by MrsInvisible(f): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

your girlfriend can purchase flight ticket from germany to nigeria from 500 Euro upwards, so if she stays with you during her holiday, she will be ok with 1k....maybe its better, so you can ask her for marrage right in Nigeria, if she is ready for it. But dont forget, she will need invitation letter from you to apply for a nigerian visa in germany before travelling.

After marriage you can apply for family reunion visa (safe some money, cause you have to pay fees at the embassy).

i dont know about your financial situation. Maybe you can also travel to germany for a visit first and marry her during your stay in Denmark (paper work is easier there and its not far from germany).

If you dont want to go for marriage, maybe you can try student visa for germany. Its costly, cause you gotta deposit 8000+Euros on a bank account before travelling, but you can stay legally in germany and getting to know her better.....

Wish you guys all the best.

egorov:

Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Ugosample(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2019
Delivar:

Italians are actually complaining. Europeans nations hold meetings about the issue.

At a point Europeans may take measures to depopulate Africa in a quiet way that many wouldn't suspect. Many Africans would suddenly become infertile. It's very easy to do.

sterilizing Africans may not be such a bad idea tho
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Delivar(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ugosample:

sterilizing Africans may not be such a bad idea tho
It will go a long way to solve our problems honestly.
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Ugosample(m): 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
Delivar:

I don't think our problem is just a leadership problem. Many of us blame our leaders but I don't see it that way because it is not the ROOT of the problem. Our leadership problem is only a manifestation of the failure of the ROOT. Our leaders come from the general population. If our leaders are bad then there must be something wrong with the general population of Nigeria. When you pick 10 Apples from a certain basket of Apples and they are all bad then something must be wrong with the whole basket of Apples. Using this analogy it's obvious something is actually wrong with the general population of Nigeria to always generate waves of bad leaders. Now the question is, what exactly is wrong with general population of Nigeria which breeds bad leaders? My own answer to the question is LACK OF EDUCATION. When I say "lack of education" in this context I don't mean not having a ph.D or B.sc. I actually mean not having a modern and advanced understanding of life and how we ought to live and interact together in a community. This is what I feel is the ROOT problem of Nigeria and not just bad leaders. The people are the problem. It's a thing of psychology. Educating and changing the mindset of our entire population to make us start doing the right thing is not something to happen overnight. It will take many years. Something like 400 years. We are simply still evolving.

You are very right
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Kenox: 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
Jethrolite:
I have met a billionaire here that does VC funding up to $500m with his Canadian partners. A friend also sold his media company for N26m after advertising here.

They usually do not have accounts or rarely post to avoid insults from people their drivers and stewards live better than but they are here and come online almost daily.

I need to meet such people
Re: My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) by Kenox: 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2019
Berliner1:

Firstly visit German embassy website to know the visa type that suite you.

I can only give info about student visa or family reunion.
Please can I get info about student visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process / Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.