Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Justice Is Dead! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Is Dead! (684 Views)

Claim That Nigerian-born Kaycee Is Canada’s Minister Of Justice Is MISLEADING / See Why Buhari’s Suspension Of Chief Justice Is Illegal / Jungle Justice, Is Effect On Crime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Justice Is Dead! by Elliot2(m): 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello,nairalanders! please oblige me with your time by reading my sad but true story life story,and endeavour to add your advice and opinion.
Today, I witness the death of Justice in my family- we lost a land dispute to our opponents. Before I give you guys a brief history of the land case in concern,I would like to tell you that the judgement that was passed today did not have the attendance of our lawyer and family members i.e we were not aware of the date( though personally, i can't vouch for our lawyer who might have been bought over).we have lost it at the appeal court now .But I want to believe that that is unfair! Justice is murdered and it died in cold blood, killed by those chosen as custodians of the law. Even,the first judgement was passed in similar manner whereby our opponents were already privy of the victory before Chief Justice Kate Abiru passed verdict. But that is about That.
This land case started when crude oil was discovered in our family land, and when shell came to explore it. initially, around the 1970's, shell had already marked the oil wells and my grand father was recognised as the sole owner of the parcel of land it is sighted and received contracts from shell as such (they are still owing him outstanding balance for the labour he provided ). And after the discovery and all, they stopped work but later came for full exploration in 2003. it was then our opponents who are only a faction of the family( they are adopted) but have no claim to it came onboard through the influence of one prof., et al who had prior knowledge before us( he was a one time chairman of NDDC) through his influence, shell came for consultation with our opponents without us,even though they had entered land use agreements with my grand father. so,we protested,and when we did we were sued in court. At the court,we provided every documents we have including the survey of all our lands situated even beyond the portion shell has taken(our opponents only argued for the piece of land covering the site). we provided documents dating back to 1910's, documents involving land disputes our great grand father had won; also we provide documents containing leasing of the land to prospects who paid royalties to us (those for farming and tap wine tapping). We provided witnesses and argued our case to a logical end. But whereas our opponents had virtually no proof but argued vainly, that they are the sole owners of the land and that we are not part of the family but slaves and therefore aliens to them. Suffice me so say that my grand father was once the chief of the community! All the while he ruled for over 20 years, nobody alleged that. our opponents alleged that our great grand father was adducted into the family when his step father who was a member of their family died,and his biological mother left him with them and migrated without him. And that when he came of age,they gave him the said parcel of land to farm on. Now that was some interesting story,but it leaves a lot of questions. One, if he was given the said land,then why was the land given out as leash in his name, why was all the court cases he had in the 1910 and others,in his name. there are no references of our opponents as owners of the land. Even as they argue that my progenitor was a slave, there is no truth in that because his immediate son became a chief of the community. And that was no privilege but a right! In fact, there is no iota of logic in their argument. imagine, the said piece of land in dispute is far larger than the whole pieces of land our opponents own,which is not in dispute. in fact,the larger portion of the land we included in our survey plan which our opponents did not claim at the initial stage is very sizeable, big enough for a gift to an unfortunate slave boy they adopted. what a benevolence! They claimed a meagre 25 acres of land in the suit, but has taken everything beyond it! and the courts allowed such rape of justice.
Truth is,there is no iota of truth in there doctored story! And I dare them for a DNA to be conducted between the two families. After winning the court case,they have moved on to confiscate even the lands that were not in dispute. even the court oblige them even when we moved for a stay of execution-the court reject our pleas. they kept building houses on our lands and selling to strangers while we were in court...
To be frank with all well meaning people of the world is that,today justice has again been murdered in our family! We the innocent and rightfully owners of the land hosting Shell at Obunagha, Bayelsa State,Nigeria,has been deprived of justice by the greedy and ever confutionist Shell,the state gov.,greedy and dishonorable principalities at the judiciary and other workers of injustice.
However,I want to believe that justice can't be murdered. it may slumb and faint in the hands of the wicked,but will recover in the hands of the just. Now,my family is looking for the just!
Re: Justice Is Dead! by jmaxjohn(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Sir, the nation as a whole is corrupt. Nigerians are hypocrites and the only thing we can do here is tell you sorry.

Do affect my heartfelt cries for what you're going thru, and I do pray you get justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Is Dead! by Cjrane2: 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
Elliot2:
Hello,nairalanders! please oblige me with your time by reading my sad but true story life story,and endeavour to add your advice and opinion.
Today, I witness the death of Justice in my family- we lost a land dispute to our opponents. Before I give you guys a brief history of the land case in concern,I would like to tell you that the judgement that was passed today did not have the attendance of our lawyer and family members i.e we were not aware of the date( though personally, i can't vouch for our lawyer who might have been bought over).we have lost it at the appeal court now .But I want to believe that that is unfair! Justice is murdered and it died in cold blood, killed by those chosen as custodians of the law. Even,the first judgement was passed in similar manner whereby our opponents were already privy of the victory before Chief Justice Kate Abiru passed verdict. But that is about That.
This land case started when crude oil was discovered in our family land, and when shell came to explore it. initially, around the 1970's, shell had already marked the oil wells and my grand father was recognised as the sole owner of the parcel of land it is sighted and received contracts from shell as such (they are still owing him outstanding balance for the labour he provided ). And after the discovery and all, they stopped work but later came for full exploration in 2003. it was then our opponents who are only a faction of the family( they are adopted) but have no claim to it came onboard through the influence of one prof., et al who had prior knowledge before us( he was a one time chairman of NDDC) through his influence, shell came for consultation with our opponents without us,even though they had entered land use agreements with my grand father. so,we protested,and when we did we were sued in court. At the court,we provided every documents we have including the survey of all our lands situated even beyond the portion shell has taken(our opponents only argued for the piece of land covering the site). we provided documents dating back to 1910's, documents involving land disputes our great grand father had won; also we provide documents containing leasing of the land to prospects who paid royalties to us (those for farming and tap wine tapping). We provided witnesses and argued our case to a logical end. But whereas our opponents had virtually no proof but argued vainly, that they are the sole owners of the land and that we are not part of the family but slaves and therefore aliens to them. Suffice me so say that my grand father was once the chief of the community! All the while he ruled for over 20 years, nobody alleged that. our opponents alleged that our great grand father was adducted into the family when his step father who was a member of their family died,and his biological mother left him with them and migrated without him. And that when he came of age,they gave him the said parcel of land to farm on. Now that was some interesting story,but it leaves a lot of questions. One, if he was given the said land,then why was the land given out as leash in his name, why was all the court cases he had in the 1910 and others,in his name. there are no references of our opponents as owners of the land. Even as they argue that my progenitor was a slave, there is no truth in that because his immediate son became a chief of the community. And that was no privilege but a right! In fact, there is no iota of logic in their argument. imagine, the said piece of land in dispute is far larger than the whole pieces of land our opponents own,which is not in dispute. in fact,the larger portion of the land we included in our survey plan which our opponents did not claim at the initial stage is very sizeable, big enough for a gift to an unfortunate slave boy they adopted. what a benevolence! They claimed a meagre 25 acres of land in the suit, but has taken everything beyond it! and the courts allowed such rape of justice.
Truth is,there is no iota of truth in there doctored story! And I dare them for a DNA to be conducted between the two families. After winning the court case,they have moved on to confiscate even the lands that were not in dispute. even the court oblige them even when we moved for a stay of execution-the court reject our pleas. they kept building houses on our lands and selling to strangers while we were in court...
To be frank with all well meaning people of the world is that,today justice has again been murdered in our family! We the innocent and rightfully owners of the land hosting Shell at Obunagha, Bayelsa State,Nigeria,has been deprived of justice by the greedy and ever confutionist Shell,the state gov.,greedy and dishonorable principalities at the judiciary and other workers of injustice.
However,I want to believe that justice can't be murdered. it may slumb and faint in the hands of the wicked,but will recover in the hands of the just. Now,my family is looking for the just!

Nigerians need to man up and fight those who oppress them .

The fulani herdsmen cannot defeat Nigerians if we are decide to fight them

1 Like

Re: Justice Is Dead! by Franzinni: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
This is not an advice, just what came to my mind...

I know this is your side of the story but if it's true and it happened to me....

I will bath in thier blood...

Just the way I am feeling right now
Re: Justice Is Dead! by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2018

1 Like

(1)

During Jonathan's Time, Who You Claim Destroyed Nigeria "This Was The Case"-reno / 2019 Poll | Buhari | Atiku | Sowore | Durotoye | Add Yours. / Open Cattle Grazing Is Inimical To Peace And Tranquility - Justice Adewale Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.