Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land (3205 Views)

Where Can I Get Watermelon Seed And Yam Tuber in Benin / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / Quality Hybrid Watermelon Seed For Sale In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by lardy96(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2018
Hello I want to cultivate 1 plot of watermelon But i don't know how the grammes of seed to buy, and how much do you think it should cost?
Re: How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by shariff84: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2018
buy 100gram.plant it 2 seed/hole and 2meter apart.
Re: How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by lardy96(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
shariff84:
buy 100gram.plant it 2 seed/hole and 2meter apart.
ok, thank you
Re: How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
I will show you how to calculate it. Most people do guess work. And it is why they always tell you that you cannot predict certain things. Such people cannot make good business plans for their projects. And it is why they run into problems looking for more fund half way into their project. And I laugh at those who say you cant predict yield. There is nothing maths cannot do. You need just probability and range to make forecast. If your mathematics is solid, you can do it. If you can think accurately, you can do it.

What is the dimension of your plot of land. Let us use 100ft by 60ft which is common in South West. The area of your plot is 6,000 sqft which is 558sqm

If you chose 2m × 2m as suggested by a poster above, you will have about 140 holes. Sowing two seeds per hole, you will need 280 seeds. 1 gram of watermelon seeds = around 15 seeds. So, you need about 19 grams. So, what the heck do you need 100 grams for?

If your planting spacing is 1.5m × 1.5m, you need more. If it is 2m × 1.5m, you need much more. You just need to understand the principle behind it.

If you are using drip irrigation and your emitter spacing is 50cm and distance between rows is 2m, you will have 558 emitters to plant under. So, you need 38 grms. Let's say your seeds variety according to the producer is 85% germination rate, you are going to need to sow 15% extra in nursery trays or any improvised containers. So that 38 × 1.15 = 43.7 grams. So, how come you need 100 grams?

It is wrong to just ask your kind of question. It is copy and paste thing. You need to sit down and understand the principle which guides it. What is your planting spacing? What is your style? Thenafter, use simple arithmetic to get the job done.

KEY POINTS

1. The size of your plot of land - 100ft × 100ft; 100ft × 50ft; 100ft × 60ft etc. is a major factor to consider

2. Your planting spacing

3. Style of sowing. Two seeds per hole? One seed per hole?

Hope this helps you.

Blessings!

7 Likes

Re: How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by lardy96(m): 2:45am On Mar 25, 2018
fluentinfor:
I will show you how to calculate it. Most people do guess work. And it is why they always tell you that you cannot predict certain things. Such people cannot make good business plans for their projects. And it is why they run into problems looking for more fund half way into their project. And I laugh at those who say you cant predict yield. There is nothing maths cannot do. You need just probability and range to make forecast. If your mathematics is solid, you can do it. If you can think accurately, you can do it.

What is the dimension of your plot of land. Let us use 100ft by 60ft which is common in South West. The area of your plot is 6,000 sqft which is 558sqm

If you chose 2m × 2m as suggested by a poster above, you will have about 140 holes. Sowing two seeds per hole, you will need 280 seeds. 1 gram of watermelon seeds = around 15 seeds. So, you need about 19 grams. So, what the heck do you need 100 grams for?

If your planting spacing is 1.5m × 1.5m, you need more. If it is 2m × 1.5m, you need much more. You just need to understand the principle behind it.

If you are using drip irrigation and your emitter spacing is 50cm and distance between rows is 2m, you will have 558 emitters to plant under. So, you need 38 grms. Let's say your seeds variety according to the producer is 85% germination rate, you are going to need to sow 15% extra in nursery trays or any improvised containers. So that 38 × 1.15 = 43.7 grams. So, how come you need 100 grams?

It is wrong to just ask your kind of question. It is copy and paste thing. You need to sit down and understand the principle which guides it. What is your planting spacing? What is your style? Thenafter, use simple arithmetic to get the job done.

KEY POINTS

1. The size of your plot of land - 100ft × 100ft; 100ft × 50ft; 100ft × 60ft etc. is a major factor to consider

2. Your planting spacing

3. Style of sowing. Two seeds per hole? One seed per hole?

Hope this helps you.

Blessings!
Thanks, I appreciate. U seem to know much about this stuff
Re: How Many Grammes Of Watermelon Seed Do I Need For A Plot Of Land by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
lardy96:
Thanks, I appreciate. U seem to know much about this stuff

All you need to be well grounded is the passion for knowledge. If you hate scanty, rank zerox, "do it for me" approach, you will find a way to learn anything you need.

Knowledge is power. "See a man deligent in his work, he will stand before kings and not before ordinary men".

You need to be an internet farmer first. It is why I laugh at pro practical farmers. They believe in jumping inside the jungle to do it well. Lol.

Get a very good phone, tablet or fablet. Make thorough research. Then sit down and interprete what you have put down. Ask yourself how you can apply it to our own climatic condition. As you proceed, you find out you will need basic arithmetic skills you acquired in elementary school. If you see any skill you do not have, maybe you need some accounting skills to write a business plan, find a way to acquire it. Everything is on the internet.

Then, practice what you find out. You should get a garden to practice. Do not be scared to spend money to acquire knowledge. Buy various kinds of seeds and try them all. Stop asking people which you must cultivate. You can ask for recommendation. Try them out first.

Stop asking for how should I fertilize on this forum. Instead, use google to find the proper way to do it. Try it out yourself. Use maths, probability, and common sense to schedule good nutrition management program. Everything you need is on the internet. You just need an inner mind to translate it well and find a way which works well for you.

To be an entrepreneur is to be well grounded in many areas. I just hate it when people look for direct answers when they can search for solutions themselves, and provide even better alternatives to the answers already on ground.

It is not too difficult.

The easiest way to hide information from the human race is to put it down in a book. Lol.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. / How To Successfully Cultivate Azolla For Your Animals / Which Grain Business Can I Trading In With N200,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.