Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,427 members, 7,800,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277046 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2018
this is a challenge that we at meglee farms is ready to tackle
we have the good soil,organic manure,fungicides,cu 999 cucumber seeds and also this the season when a bag of cucumber sells for more than 5000 naira,we have the motivation to plant 1500 carefully managed cucumber crops on 1 plot of land that will yield an average of 8 -10 fruits before it dies.we are currently averaging 5-6 fruits per plant,our new philosophy this dry season is quality management not quantity.one bag of cucumber contains from 60-75 fruits if it is cu 999 because of its big size.the land has been prepared,the seed is down and irrigation is in place.can we crack the holy grail of cucumber cultivation??lets find out together step by step info will be posted from day one to last day of harvesting.

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Adegbem01(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
Following religiously

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by servercodes001: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
On board

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Adegbem01:
Following religiously
pics will come of 1000 stands 35 day old cuke we planted in sacks,we will compare the yield between sack and planting on soil direct,these Thai guys are claiming that their variety can yield 10 to 15 even 20 fruits,hmmm!well we shall put them to test and bust this myths .

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by SLOVFO(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
okoroemeka:
pics will come of 1000 stands 35 day old cuke we planted in sacks,we will compare the yield between sack and planting on soil direct,these Thai guys are claiming that their variety can yield 10 to 15 even 20 fruits,hmmm!well we shall put them to test and bust this myths .

Please OP, where did you get your seed? What variant of seed are you using?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mamatwiny(f): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2018
It seems cucumber is now the holy grail.
My best friend of many years called me and told me to convert a landed property to cucumber farm. That if I invest 200k, I will make 1milla. Harvests are done every 6 weeks, That I need just land and source of water ( borehole)

I told her to get the full details

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
mamatwiny:
It seems cucumber is now the holy grail.
My best friend of many years called me and told me to convert a landed property to cucumber farm. That if I invest 200k, I will make 1milla. Harvests are done every 6 weeks, That I need just land and source of water ( borehole

I told her to get the full details
I am having problems uploading the pics ,we will plant tomorrow and hopefully we will have some pics,we are on a budget of 40.000 naira to manage 1500 crops for 45 days.we have spent so far #8000 seed,#1000 manure nearby poultry farm,#3500 bag of rope for staking,2 Haifa npk#3800,2 saaf fungicide#2000,10 satchets ridomilgold#3800 and 3 imiforce #3000.this is the material to see the project through.note we will not use inorganic fertilizer because anytime we use it losses of 5-10 percent occurs,a nearby poultry farm flushes it wastes away so we go organic with weekly sprays of Haifa bonus foilar fertilizer for micro nutrients the remains balance will be reserved for fuel for pumping water,but so far eedc is giving us light.can we work with this budget even to me it looks impossible but my late father use to tell me nothing venture nothing hard!

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
SLOVFO:

Please OP, where did you get your seed? What variant of seed are you using?
cu 999 Thai agro ltd check their Facebook page,we have tried every seed that is available from marketer,supermarkerter,point set,marketmore.murano,murano2f1.Tokyo,Nagano,monalisa,greengo,be it alpha,Indian and even local variety but cu 999 is the biggest,baddest and most profitable u can find,it is so flexible and adaptable that a beginner can plant it and profit from it.I remembered once we planted murano 2f1 it came out with a ratio of 1 male flower to 500 female flowers,then we have to drive to another farm that has cu999 variety pluck the abundant male flowers and then rush back to hand pollinate the murano,it was crazy!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
pics are stubborn to upload pls can someone teach me how I tried tinypics nowhere it seems I don't know what am doing,any we planted today and the countdown has begun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by unique199: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
Can u pls drop your number or message me on WhatsApp I need to chat with u 07061536217

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
unique199:
Can u pls drop your number or message me on WhatsApp I need to chat with u 07061536217
whatsapp no 08119942049

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2018
today was hectic we harvested 120 bags of cucumber from our farm in the bush,the land mass is 20 plots fully ridged and staked,it was only possible because of our pathnership with eagle foods processing ltd they have very deep pockets and limitless quantity of poultry litter from their numerous megafarms,the total no of crops cannot be verified but we planted 15 satchets of seed each one containing average of 1700-1800 seeds,the target is 1000 bags with this harvest today we are hitting 680 bags in 5 harvest,how many times can we still harvest?can we make 1000 bags? these are all interesting questions that only time will answer but all I know is that on Monday we will start having pics,come hell come high water.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by babades: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2018
sir, can yu pls analyse the cost of setting up cucumber farm on half a plot. Am jus a beginner. I will forever appreciate if yu can do this for me. Am tired of doing nothing. This is my mail contactdes21@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by feran15(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2018
i have always wondered, is the market for cucumbers that high? and how long can a cucumber stay after harvvesting?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by surrogatesng: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2018
op is a story teller.Post pics and stop lying to gullible people.500,000 from a plot of land my foot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by oyo007: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
I believe it's possible but only when you are selling at least 5000k per bag

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
babades:
sir, can yu pls analyse the cost of setting up cucumber farm on half a plot. Am jus a beginner. I will forever appreciate if yu can do this for me. Am tired of doing nothing. This is my mail contactdes21@gmail.com
half plot is small,if u believe and depending on ur location eg good soil,water source very important,source of bamboo staking and 1 plot is okay for a beginner..50,000 can do that if u are ready to do 70% work yourself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
surrogatesng:
op is a story teller.Post pics and stop lying ton gullible people.500,000 from a plat of land my foot
I am not saying that we have gotten that target before,but I believe we can get that yield with good agricultural practice,chia Thai is claiming that their variety will give 10-15 fruits,but we only need 8 fruits per plant to get 100 bags,current price now is #4,000 and rain is still falling,during December when the crops will come out u can imagine what it will be,NB we sell around okigwe,ekwulobia,awka,umunze and Onitsha axis.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by oyo007: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
I've achieved more than 10fruit before but with Saira east west seed

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
there are some cucumber varietys that are best left for the experts murano2f1,greengo,darina,etc .these crop are pure gynoceious species with high ratio of female to male flower,the ratio is high in some that every leaf comes with a female flower,why will it be left for the experts?(1)male flowers are viturally non existant so poor or even no pollination will occur,(2)because it is bio engineered for high incredible yields you cannot fertilize it using conventional means,it can only be done with drip irrigation and daily fertigation,we have even cracked the pollination part by planting a simple monoceious variety like markerter 2weeks than u plant the high yield type in the same farm,so when the high yield female will come bees will have male flowers around for good pollination,but the fertilization part stopped us,these variety has incredible high yields that it is almost impossible to fertilize,the rate the crops uses nutrients is far more than its ability to suck it from the soil so u have yellow leaves and many aborted fruits,I believe with drip fertigation and foliar fertilization this varierties can yield 20-25 fruits,but we will tackle it next year,hopefully our friend saliu bello our raingun suppler will be around for the drip kit.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
oyo007:
I've achieved more than 10fruit before but with Saira east west seed
pls my brother east west is no nonsense company their products are first class I remembered once we planted their habanero fresh pepper the yield was crazy .we only see greengo and monalisa ihere in the east,we will plant their nazuka f1 cabbage next year rainy season.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
feran15:
i have always wondered, is the market for cucumbers that high? and how long can a cucumber stay after harvvesting?
Cu 999 can keep fresh for 10 days if stored in a cool dry place but the other high yielding types do not last long max 4 days due to its high fertilizer diet

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
@op, when do u apply insecticide and fungicide

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Juliana7:
@op, when do u apply insecticide and fungicide
insecticides should not be applied speculatively on cucumbers you only use when u see signs of insect attack like cucumber bettle,leaf foot bug(the black nuisance) leaf miners and aphids these are common cuke pests that u can easily see the damage then use these insecticides because of low toxicity to bees,laraforce gold,actara,imiforce,aceta force,storm force.these are all systemic no nonsense insecticides,but if the crop is fruiting and bees are foraging use only actara very low toxicity to bees,spray a mixture of saaf fungicide(mancozeb+carbendazim) and ridomil gold(metexyl mefemoxen+copper sulphate) every week,I don't know of any cucumber disease that can survive the onslaught of these 4 active ingredients.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:
this is a challenge that we at meglee farms is ready to tackle
we have the good soil,organic manure,fungicides,cu 999 cucumber seeds and also this the season when a bag of cucumber sells for more than 5000 naira,we have the motivation to plant 1500 carefully managed cucumber crops on 1 plot of land that will yield an average of 8 -10 fruits before it dies.we are currently averaging 5-6 fruits per plant,our new philosophy this dry season is quality management not quantity.one bag of cucumber contains from 60-75 fruits if it is cu 999 because of its big size.the land has been prepared,the seed is down and irrigation is in place.can we crack the holy grail of cucumber cultivation??lets find out together step by step info will be posted from day one to last day of harvesting.

Sorry, I had to quote the first write up... But 8-10 fruits per seed, is that an average? Cos t sounds too small to me. Why didn't you go for Murano, which produces faster

(I planted Tokyo though)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:
I am having problems uploading the pics ,we will plant tomorrow and hopefully we will have some pics,we are on a budget of 40.000 naira to manage 1500 crops for 45 days.we have spent so far #8000 seed,#1000 manure nearby poultry farm,#3500 bag of rope for staking,2 Haifa npk#3800,2 saaf fungicide#2000,10 satchets ridomilgold#3800 and 3 imiforce #3000.this is the material to see the project through.note we will not use inorganic fertilizer because anytime we use it losses of 5-10 percent occurs,a nearby poultry farm flushes it wastes away so we go organic with weekly sprays of Haifa bonus foilar fertilizer for micro nutrients the remains balance will be reserved for fuel for pumping water,but so far eedc is giving us light.can we work with this budget even to me it looks impossible but my late father use to tell me nothing venture nothing hard!

For your manure, did u prepare the compost first, before applying? I applied directly while mixing the soil with ash, n I'm guessing that accounted for the death of some of the seeds planted (later learnt that the heat produced by the poultry could kill the seeds)

I'm planning on buying organic fertilizers n pesticides from organicfoods next time I plant

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:

Also, since u r going sack farming, u didn't include cost of getting people to bag the soil for u... Or did u do t yourself?

Please, note that I'm still a new farmer, so I'm here to learn from you and other bosses

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Also, since u r going sack farming, u didn't include cost of getting people to bag the soil for u... Or did u do t yourself?

Please, note that I'm still a new farmer, so I'm here to learn from you and other bosses
the 500 bags was filled with soil September last year we planted cukes in it 3 times before the bags became brittle then we transfers the same soil to new set of bags September this year and planted the current crop but we put organic manure 3 times in lifespan of any crop planted,but for the new experiment we will put one cup of poultry manure soaked in water for 4 days in the bags every week to see if the yield will increase

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

For your manure, did u prepare the compost first, before applying? I applied directly while mixing the soil with ash, n I'm guessing that accounted for the death of some of the seeds planted (later learnt that the heat produced by the poultry could kill the seeds)

I'm planning on buying organic fertilizers n pesticides from organicfoods next time I plant
we use fresh poultry litter from battery cages and soak it in water for 4 days,it will not burn the crops but if the mixture touch's leaves it will scorch the area it touched because of high nitrogen content.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:
the 500 bags was filled with soil September last year we planted cukes in it 3 times before the bags became brittle then we transfers the same soil to new set of bags September this year and planted the current crop but we put organic manure 3 times in lifespan of any crop planted,but for the new experiment we will put one cup of poultry manure soaked in water for 4 days in the bags every week to see if the yield will increase

Yeah, my cement bags started tearing after a while sef. Considering his long t takes for organic waste to release its nutrients, won't t affect the plants, e.g cukes that round up their life cycle in 40days tops

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:
Cu 999 can keep fresh for 10 days if stored in a cool dry place but the other high yielding types do not last long max 4 days due to its high fertilizer diet
Not true. Planted Tokyo, Darina n Greengo as pilot and sometimes i kept for a week before selling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
okoroemeka:
Please where can I get saaf fungicide n Haifa products in South west in particular Ibadan?

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.