Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park (17360 Views)

A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today / Trailer Nearly Landed On A Bus Filled With Passengers At Berger Cement Bustop / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Berger Bus Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by AutoJoshNG: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
It was a frightening scene today at the Berger bus stop park. A task force made up of hundreds of police officers, raided the Berger Okada park.

Amidst sporadic gun shots, they confiscated hundreds of commercial motorcycles popularly called "Okada".

According to some of the victims of the raid, , they are unaware of any notice for them to relocate from that park. So, the police task force coming to confiscate their source of personal income is coming to them as a huge surprise.

All the shops in and around the Berger bus stop commercial axis were unopened due to fear of the harassment by the police officers and concerns about possible stray bullets.

https://autojosh.com/police-taskforce-raided-berger-okada-park-today-and-seized-over-a-hun

1 Like

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by heendrix(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by sway112: 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
Seriously

2 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by kingwill2050(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
Taskforce ? The people wey dey even agree to go do this work na devils. How u go get mind dey do this to ur fellow man ? If na me dem send, I go look my oga in the eyes and say " oga, this waka no pure "..... Kpatakpata, I go go house

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by izzou(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
grin

They ban bikes, tricycles and danfo, yet they will not provide an alternative for that common man to survive

I really don't blame people who still hawk or drive bikes despite the warning. People have to survive. There are no jobs, and there is no conducive environment for their businesses to survive

Everybody has got to survive.

23 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Molake94(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Something is wrong somewhere

5 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Bnenzzy101: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Anti people

3 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
The suffering of the masses continues

3 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Facebooker(f): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
See Money !!
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by adamsbadoo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
That's nigerian police for you.
awon werey grin.
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by ficons: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Oga oooooooo
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Brimmie(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
I was there live this morning! It was crazy!!

The way dem hold one guy wey dey Snap picture Ehn!? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Op next time, try to specify the location.
Abuja has Berger too.

13 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Hibiscuss(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
Non-lagosian be like...

7 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
Nigeria is just a shit hole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by ZombieTAMER: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is what I call multiplying poverty....

Poverty is man made

Buhari sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Olumighty2038(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
hmmm, this country self,man no go,work at all

1 Like

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by dheolexaone(f): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
It's not a new thing happening in that area and am pretty sure that the bike men within that axis can testify.

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Pavore9: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
The Nigerian police loves such duty!
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by ZombieTAMER: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
WowSweetGuy:
The suffering of the masses continues

I expect the number of Armed robbers and hudlums to triple before the end of the year.... sad
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by esthy86(f): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
pathetic
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Brimmie(m): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
Emeskhalifa:
Op next time, try to specify the location.
Abuja has Berger too.

The Bus-Stop at Iyana-Oworo is also called “Berger”! And the one in Abuja is not as busy as this one.
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Goldenheart(m): 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
Na Dem sabi
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by ThisTrend(f): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hh
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is some people means of livelihood to cater for their family.

1 Like

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by odutolasodiq(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
It was a frightening scene today at the Berger bus stop park. A task force made up of hundreds of police officers, raided the Berger Okada park.

Amidst sporadic gun shots, they confiscated hundreds of commercial motorcycles popularly called "Okada".

According to some of the victims of the raid, , they are unaware of any notice for them to relocate from that park. So, the police task force coming to confiscate their source of personal income is coming to them as a huge surprise.

All the shops in and around the Berger bus stop commercial axis were unopened due to fear of the harassment by the police officers and concerns about possible stray bullets.

https://autojosh.com/police-taskforce-raided-berger-okada-park-today-and-seized-over-a-hun
Nairaland and misinformation. Information about the confiscation is true, but all the highlighted are not. Besides, that place is not a park; it is a major road, the Okada men impede free movement of pedestrian, If you reside around that axis you will understand better. It's some sort of relief to the pedestrians now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by RoyalBlak007: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
Brimmie:
I was there live this morning! It was crazy!!

The way dem hold one guy wey dey Snap picture Ehn!? grin grin

That road that goes to Akute-Alágbole is always choked up

due to the numerous amounts of bike plying the road. Plus the parked ones too. I was also there this morning. Some FSARZ officers were there too

4 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by eherbal(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
APC!........... Poverty grin
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by udemzyudex(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shithole country grin
Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by mandate12: 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
kingwill2050:
Taskforce ? The people wey dey even agree to go do this work na devils. How u go get mind dey do this to ur fellow man ? If na me dem send, I go look my oga in the eyes and say " oga, this waka no pure "..... Kpatakpata, I go go house

My friend, common sense should tell anyone that has seen d transformation in Berger that he/she needs not use byke there. They can migrate to wawa, arepo n environs. Let's b realistic

2 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by Brimmie(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

That road that goes to Akute-Alágbole is always choked up

due to the numerous amounts of bike plying the road. Plus the parked ones too. I was also there this morning. Some FSARZ officers were there too

Right!!
I think they’ve abused that privilege. They pick and drop people anyhow and cause unnecessary traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park by ameri9ja: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
#AMBODE MUST GO!!!
He and his little, arrogant, priest-sacking wife.

Remember his wife had an Anglican priest sacked because she had to stand in line to give offering like everybody else.

AMBODE STOP COPY, COPY
Nigeria is not America!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports / There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.