Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (14581 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / To the atheist, what do you think? / The Atheist's Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by CoolUsername: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

An agnostic is not necessarily an atheist. An agnostic is simply a skeptic. What they say is that "they don't know if God exists but they are sure Yahweh does not exist". Such a foolish comment.

Atheists obviously lean more towards the 'I don't believe' side. But they (except the gnostic atheists), still maintain some level of skepticism regarding their beliefs.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
This is an extremely foolish reply.

Says the foolish man who loves ignorance about atheism
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by vaxx: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
budaatum:

Was about to too. Though, I speak not for all people called atheist. Still here goes:

I do not believe that gods do not exist. I know that gods do not exist outside of the minds of those in whom they do exist as figments of the imagination.
coolusername
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Agnostic atheism is the most ridiculous claim ever known to man.

Atheism is a rejection of God

Agnosticism is saying that the nature of God is unknown and nobody can ever know if God exists.

An agnostic does not say God does not exist but rather says he does not know. While an atheist says God does not exist.

Saying you are an agnostic atheist is silly. It's like saying " God does not exist and his nature cannot be known "

How can you talk about the nature of a thing despite saying it does not exist.

One cannot be an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.

Agnosticism in the most common current sense is the failure to take a view about the existence of God (or gods). An agnostic specifically withholds judgment both from the proposition that God exists and from the proposition that God does not exist. In other words, an agnostic lacks a belief that God exists and an agnostic also lacks a belief that God does not exist. If you wish, you could say that an agnostic has not made up his mind.

Atheism, again in the most common current sense, means the view or position that God does not exist.

mark the difference .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by CoolUsername: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
vaxx:
coolusername

He's a gnostic atheist. In my posts on this thread I've been speaking on agnostic atheism.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

An agnostic is not necessarily an atheist. An agnostic is simply a skeptic. What they say is that "they don't know if God exists but they are sure Yahweh does not exist". Such a foolish comment.
Very foolish.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
CoolUsername:

This is you just being dishonest. Atheism is the lack of belief in God. If an atheist can assert that he doesn't know for certain that God doesn't exist then he must have at least pondered the question.
In other words you have no proof of atheists questioning atheism undecided
Why then have you been meandering undecided
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Agnostic atheism is the most ridiculous claim ever known to man.

Atheism is a rejection of God

Agnosticism is saying that the nature of God is unknown and nobody can ever know if God exists.

An agnostic does not say God does not exist but rather says he does not know. While an atheist says God does not exist.

Saying you are an agnostic atheist is silly. It's like saying " God does not exist and his nature cannot be known "

How can you talk about the nature of a thing despite saying it does not exist.

One cannot be an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.

Agnosticism in the most common current sense is the failure to take a view about the existence of God (or gods). An agnostic specifically withholds judgment both from the proposition that God exists and from the proposition that God does not exist. In other words, an agnostic lacks a belief that God exists and an agnostic also lacks a belief that God does not exist. If you wish, you could say that an agnostic has not made up his mind.

Atheism, again in the most common current sense, means the view or position that God does not exist.

mark the difference .
Aptly put.

Thanks Brother.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
Aptly put.

Thanks Brother.

As you say, they don't think.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Your mumu don do.

Russell's teapot is an analogy, to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others.
Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion

When person call you senseless now you will start complaining.

You no get sense at all at all.

Isn't it atheists who claim they should not be asked to prove a negative?

Even at that the very purpose of Bertrands analogy has been disproved because WE CAN PROVE A NEGATIVE or DISPROVE it as it were. But somehow atheists never believe that they can actually show proof for a negative.
So they always attempt shifting the burden of proof to others despite also making claims of their own. Such grandiose proportions of dishonesty.
there are more than one applications for analogy

Pls move along.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:
there are more than one applications for analogy

Pls move along.

Yet all over the internet the analogy is said to SPECIFICALLY apply to religion.

Thank God your dense nature is not infectious.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Yet all over the internet the analogy is said to SPECIFICALLY apply to religion.

Thank God your dense nature is not infectious.

You shouldn't be calling other people dense. You are a failed scammer according to many here cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

You shouldn't be calling .....

When your stupidity is revealed to you, you resort to ad hominems instead if learning and improving.

I keep telling you that the word "super" you put in your moniker is sadly deceiving you because there is absolutely nothing super about your free thinking.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

When your stupidity is revealed to you, you resort to ad hominems instead if learning and improving.

I keep telling you that the word "super" you put in your moniker is sadly deceiving you because there is absolutely nothing super about your free thinking.

Let's test your intelligence

1. You argue that atheism is a belief

2. You don't accept that evolution is true

3. You are a christian but argue for a deistic god.

4. You once started a debate about god and refused to give your definition of god.

My guy, if you were on TV in the UK with these views, you would be mocked for the dumbass you are. wink

3 Likes

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

4. You once started a debate about god and refused to give your definition of god.

My guy, if you were on TV in the UK with these views, you would be mocked for the dumbass you are. wink

LMAO gosh why is this guy this insipid and a doink?

My open mindedness can make me open a topic for free discussion and this does not make me argue for deism or make me a deist (your empty and close-minded head will never see this)

For one to lack belief in one thing means you have embraced a belief in something else. There is no vacuum in nature. The law of cause and effect holds true. Something replaces something else. Again your empty head will never know this.

You accept evolution is true as an atheist which is what you replaced God with so indeed there is no vacuum in your mind

When I start a debate where I refused to define God because I was presenting a monotheistic position, why you would still want me to define God in that context is simply absurd and stupid to say the least.

Ogbeni go and take several seats. Your brain is misfiring and will keep doing so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by CoolUsername: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:

In other words you have no proof of atheists questioning atheism undecided
Why then have you been meandering undecided

Every agnostic atheist is proof. I just have you proof. You're the one trying to reclassify it.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Pr0ton: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
Yeah right, more than 90% of the worlds population are dunces. You are the only rational beings cheesy

Proudly! And we can help you become one if you are willing.

Atheists don't question any other thing apart from religion and most certainly, they don't question atheism.
This is why you spend your life on a religion section accusing religious people of opining their beliefs to you. This is what we observe and keep observing.

Question marriage, question atheism!

How else will I make you see that you can't criticize atheists for questioning religion only since that's the only opposition to their stance?? Stop thinking with your skull! Think with your brain if it's not dead yet!

Your ability to reason is surprisingly low. This problem is simple. How can't you see that getting to atheism would have made you question atheism at first? How can't you see that the process of disproving religion is a reality of you roaming about in atheism, and hence questioning atheism?? Would you just jump to atheism if you started having doubts about your common-sense-damned religion? Has common sense failed you to see that you must have reached a level of satisfaction before you finally accept an idea, and hence stop questioning? Do you intellectually handicapped beings question your religion? Think dummy! Save yourself from this flame of ignorance and doltishness that is consuming you!

3 Likes

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pr0ton:

Proudly! And we can help you become one if you are willing.

How else will I make you see that you can't criticize atheists for questioning religion only since that's the only opposition to their stance?? Stop thinking with your skull! Think with your brain if it's not dead yet!

Your ability to reason is surprisingly low. This problem is simple. How can't you see that getting to atheism would have made you question atheism at first? How can't you see that the process of disproving religion is a reality of you roaming about in atheism, and hence questioning atheism?? Would you just jump to atheism if you started having doubts about your common-sense-damned religion? Has common sense failed you to see that you must have reached a level of satisfaction before you finally accept an idea, and hence stop questioning? Do you intellectually handicapped beings question your religion? Think dummy! Save yourself from this flame of ignorance and doltishness that is consuming you!

Atheism stems from questioning RELIGION and it's effects and not questioning atheism

If you cannot see how confused your write up is and how you keep swinging back and forth from atheism to religion while confusing your own post, then your case is beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Atheism stems from questioning RELIGION and it's effects and not questioning atheism

If you cannot see how confused your write up is and how you keep swinging back and forth from atheism to religion while confusing your own post, then your case is beyond redemption.

Butterflyleo's tactics

1. spin lies against opponents

2. troll and insult when corrected

3. change the topic and spin more lies

4. start again at step one.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Pr0ton: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Here is another dunce! You'd have received a fair reply from me if you simply asked where you got lost. But you can't understand. You don't have that ability to. All of you are damned in reasoning. You all are misshapen beings that should have run into extinction! You're a shame to the unique intelligence evolution has produced! You don't worth being called humans! It's an insult to us atheists! All you motherfvckers!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Pr0ton: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Butterflyleo's tactics

You got his lame tactic, bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Butterflyleo's tactics

You are so shameless! So now it is a lie that atheists question religion grin

Yet he said it and you disputed it in where you claimed atheists questions other things. grin

It's either both of you are confused or you both do not know where to draw the line in your lies.

The ad hominem merchant has been you (very petty too)

Also can you show me where and when I changed the topic? You a legendary goalpost shifter is now trying to pass your trophy to someone else by force and lies?

Your burden! Deal with it.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
CoolUsername:

Every agnostic atheist is proof. I just have you proof. You're the one trying to reclassify it.
I can say I'm a billionaire without actually being one. That you call yourself an agnostic atheist means nothing. Anyone can call himself anything.

Give me proof where atheists question atheism.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Thoss points are your own making. I wonder where you got those from.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01:
Thoss points are your own making. I wonder where you got those from.

If you noticed, butterflyleo did not deny them.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
winner01, could you stop posting pictures of shite?

Don't be disgusting
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That one is definitely a hardcore nihilist judging from his mindset. They are the militant atheist kind. The kill all and leave only them gang grin
They are the ones who believe they are superior to certain people, the same motivation for some of the greatest democides in history.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
superhumanist:
winner01, could you stop posting pictures of shite?

Don't be disgusting
When you trash talk, that's the reply you get.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by superhumanist(m): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2018
winner01:
When you trash talk, that's the reply you get.

With that logic, I'm sure that you are the kind of person that will bathe in shite if your opponent bathes in urine to become unapproachable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.