Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration (11826 Views)

21 Causes Of Car Accidents That You Should Avoid / White Smoke From The Exhaust: Main Causes And How To Rectify It / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by AutoJoshNG: 12:11am On Mar 25, 2018
Engine vibration is quite uncomfortable and can be scary at some point. There are quite a number of things that cause the engine to vibrate. It can be mild or rigorous vibration.

There are a lot of things which can cause the engine to vibrate. it can be a simple thing like old spark plugs producing unstable power delivery.

Some of the causes of this vibration do not originate from the engine but from the axle.

Relax and read carefully to know why your car engine is vibrating.

1. Faulty/bad engine mount:
The function of this engine mount is to keep the engine attached to the chassis of your car. It dampens the vibration coming from a running engine. It is a part of the car that is hard to get damaged; reckless driving and our bad roads in Nigeria are the major causes of this.

2. Bad Crankshaft Damper:
The function of the crankshaft damper is to reduce/decrease vibration. If by chance that it is defected or has stopped working, the engine will keep shaking even harder.

3. Bad spark plugs:
This is one of the most common causes of engine vibration. Worn out or bad spark plug will cause the engine to misfire.
The work of the spark plug is to ignite the fuel and air mixture in the combustion chamber

4. Axle problem:
In reality, engine vibration isn’t only rooted in the engine itself. Sometimes, it’s the axle that needs to be taken care of. Damaged axle can lead to the vibration of the engine. Even when there is no apparent sign of damage, axle can be the cause of the vibration. So you may need to check the axle especially if you are driving a car that has been involved in an accident in the past.

5. Faulty or Poorly Adjusted Fuel Intake System:
When the fuel intake system is faulty, the required amount of fuel needed by the car does not go to the engine, hence, the engine is starved. This can cause the engine to vibrate.

Have you ever experienced an engine vibration issue? Tell us what caused it in the comment section

https://autojosh.com/5-main-causes-engine-vibration/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 25, 2018
I love your thread keep educating us more on automobile maintenance

3 Likes

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by akog(m): 6:53am On Mar 25, 2018
Nice one
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Alajiki(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2018
Good one
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by khapello: 6:55am On Mar 25, 2018
nice one so educative,and gainful hints
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by emmie14: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Nice one baba. Not "see what omotola wear and step out in Dangote daughters birthday party

4 Likes

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by jnfoage: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2018
Okay. By that no.1, you mean engine seat? Because that is the major cause of vibration in my car. It is actually not hard to get damaged on a bad road even with careful driving.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by linkers: 7:04am On Mar 25, 2018
Sometimes they are other factors such as belated plug wires.

1 Like

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:11am On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:
Okay. By that no.1, you mean engine seat? Because that is the major cause of vibration in my car. It is actually not hard to get damaged on a bad road even with careful driving.
Yeah
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Nice one Bro, proud to be a Mechanic.

1 Like

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:14am On Mar 25, 2018
E be like say Lalasticlala loves automobiles. How do you explain the fact that most automobiles thread get to make FP almost immediately they are posted despite low comments. This niche is basically the exclusive reserve of AutoReportNG and AutoJoshNG (the two main NL automobile bloggers).

Me self go begin warm up to start blogging in this niche.

Watch out for my posts Lalasticlala.

P. S. Just kidding on a lovely sunday morning. Lolz
Keep up the good work AutoReportNG and AutoJoshNG

1 Like

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2018
Well informed.
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by anigbajumo(m): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2018
Axle damage can lead to engine vibration?? It is somehow rare,b4 axle can damage to the extent of leading to engine vibration It has get to some maximum point where there is even no movement of the tyre wheel or the whole car suspension system, @op I disagree with number 4...

1 Like

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Badly mount AC compressor
Worn out U joint

1 Like

Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG these days my car vibrate when i put on my AC whats the cause @AutoJoshNG
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by otopxy: 7:31am On Mar 25, 2018
What about the car vibrating whenever break is applied while on motion?
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by eagleonearth(m): 7:37am On Mar 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
AutoJoshNG these days my car vibrate when i put on my AC whats the cause @AutoJoshNG
check air filter, air flowmeter and radiator including the fan
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2018
eagleonearth:
check air filter, air flowmeter and radiator including the fan
ok, thanks bro
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by HoodBillionaire: 7:47am On Mar 25, 2018
na mostly engine seater
naija is cursed
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by phemocheee(m): 7:50am On Mar 25, 2018
I think that has to do with the brake pads.

Quick fix: Tell your mechanic to use sandpaper on the brake pads and hub. You should be fine after this.
otopxy:
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by ndigbo: 8:08am On Mar 25, 2018
This post is very educating ... Thank you OP
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by AutoJoshNG: 8:13am On Mar 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

It depends on the car. Have they changed or worked on the AC compressor before?

In most cases, this issue occurs when a compressor that uses sensor is changed to manual. Installing a bigger compressor and bad steamer vacuum can also cause it.
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by AutoJoshNG: 8:21am On Mar 25, 2018
otopxy:

Check the brake pads and discs first.
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by madskills(m): 8:40am On Mar 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Engine vibration is quite uncomfortable and can be scary at some point. There are quite a number of things that cause the engine to vibrate. It can be mild or rigorous vibration.

There are a lot of things which can cause the engine to vibrate. it can be a simple thing like old spark plugs producing unstable power delivery.

Some of the causes of this vibration do not originate from the engine but from the axle.

Relax and read carefully to know why your car engine is vibrating.

1. Faulty/bad engine mount:
The function of this engine mount is to keep the engine attached to the chassis of your car. It dampens the vibration coming from a running engine. It is a part of the car that is hard to get damaged; reckless driving and our bad roads in Nigeria are the major causes of this.

2. Bad Crankshaft Damper:
The function of the crankshaft damper is to reduce/decrease vibration. If by chance that it is defected or has stopped working, the engine will keep shaking even harder.

3. Bad spark plugs:
This is one of the most common causes of engine vibration. Worn out or bad spark plug will cause the engine to misfire.
The work of the spark plug is to ignite the fuel and air mixture in the combustion chamber

4. Axle problem:
In reality, engine vibration isn’t only rooted in the engine itself. Sometimes, it’s the axle that needs to be taken care of. Damaged axle can lead to the vibration of the engine. Even when there is no apparent sign of damage, axle can be the cause of the vibration. So you may need to check the axle especially if you are driving a car that has been involved in an accident in the past.

When the fuel intake system is faulty, the required amount of fuel needed by the car does not go to the engine, hence, the engine is starved. This can cause the engine to vibrate.

Have you ever experienced an engine vibration issue? Tell us what caused it in the comment section

good morning sir... nice information I must confess...this info came at the right moment... yesterday evening my benz190 starting vibrating and the engine sound changed.it stopped while I was in motion on a bumpy road ...cld it be one of the causes listed above?just to avoid mechanic using my head.. thanks in advance
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

It depends on the car. Have they changed or worked on the AC compressor before?

In most cases, this issue occurs when a compressor that uses sensor is changed to manual. Installing a bigger compressor and bad steamer vacuum can also cause it.
Never had any issue with my AC b4
I think my car engine has become a bit weak
A mechanic told me to raise the slow state of the car
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by HighQue007: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2018
A friend owns a lexus ES 330 that vibrates whenever he accelerates. Toks for that matter, just few weeks old. What could be the problem?
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by HighQue007: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2018
Is it normal for a car slow state to drop when the AC is put on. Is it that the car engine is week or its just normal?
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Provie(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

You are very correct. I experienced the engine vibes for months. Wen I took it to the autotech, No. 5 was the culprit & it took him just about 5mins to correct.

But boss, I have vibes on left turn only, wenever I steer to full turn only, but the right is perfect. Wat could be the problem plz?
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by Shugarlord213: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2018
Hey guys, I need a Nigerian used Toyota tiny light/envelope to buy. Location should be Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun State. Budget is 550k thanks.

Any one with anything similar should quote me back thanks in anticipation
Re: 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration by blessedqueen(f): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
You no mention coil

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars? / Kobe Steel Scandal Deepens Over Quality Of Metal Used In Cars,Aeroplanes & Train / My Defender Project.....!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.