Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Significance Of Palm Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significance Of Palm Sunday (7692 Views)

Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders! / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
THE CELEBRATION OF PALM SUNDAY

What is Palm Sunday?

Palm Sunday is the final celebration of Jesus triumphant entry into Jerusalem as King of kings, Lord of lords and King of peace.

PURPOSE OR ESSENCE OF PALM SUNDAY

1)To fulfil his Messianic prophesy
(Isaiah 9:6 ,Zechariah 9:9)

2) To heal his people
(Matthew 21:14)

3) For His Last teaching to his
people
(Matthew 21:23)

4) To perfect the work of God in the
Temple
(Matthew 21:12-14, Isaiah 56:7,
Jeremiah 7:11)

2 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Godsent4life: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
A guy sits in a taxi and
sees his
wife entering a hotel with
another
man, and tells the driver.
Do you want to
Earn $500 right
away ?,,,, The driver
excitedly said what
do I have to do ?.. Bring
my wife by the
hair out of that hotel,
here’s a
picture of her. After a
while the
driver is seen dragging a
woman
by the hair, While kicking
and beating
her and puts her in the
Taxi. And the husband
says to him,
“This is not my wife” the
driver
replied ” Nooooo , this is
mine,
hold her for me. I’m going
for
yours

8 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by titosblink: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
I pray to God to grant us our heart desires as we begin the holy week

8 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
THANK YOU DARLING JESUS FOR DYING FOR MY SINS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by happykidArotiba(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
�Prepare for His second coming
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Kingdolo(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ok
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Mrjo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
LORD GRANT ME AND THOSE THAT AR WILLING DE GRACE TO BEHOLD THEE FACE TO FACE
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Jungleluv5: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

What is Palm Sunday?

Palm Sunday is the final celebration of Jesus triumphant entry into Jerusalem as King of kings, Lord of lords and King of peace.

2) To heal his people

people

Temple
HE IS COMING SOON

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
You guys should keep twisting the Jesus's ministry, did He ever tell any one to celebrate it?
The only thing Jesus reminded us to keep doing was the holy communion and noting of all these ritualistic charades we bundle into our scripture and now Christianity is a mockery of what the apostles preached.

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by ologuntheo(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
prepare for him..
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by umulobi: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
Movingcoil:
You guys should keep twisting the Jesus's ministry, did He ever tell any one to celebrate it?
The only thing Jesus reminded us to keep doing was the holy communion and noting of all these ritualistic charades we bundle into our scripture and now Christianity is a mockery of what the apostles preached.

And did He tell you never to celebrate it?Why exposing your ignorance?
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by reservd(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
Movingcoil:
I'm sure u hv been celebrating Christmas over the years , where in d Bible was it said for his birth to b celebrated?
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by batista181(m): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
My Lord and my God, this Holy week I pray for you protection and answer my prayers

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by batista181(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
Movingcoil:

You should be ashamed of yourself look at how you are exposing your foolishness you think you can question or contradict the catholic Teaching be careful before you will end up insulting God and remember sin of the Holy spirit can never be forgiven
There is over 3 billion catholics in the world so they really don't need your opinion no one is forcing you to believe in our teachings if you have nothing to say keep quiet before you put your soul in problem before you come to this world catholic church exists and it will be here when you die. All you think you know about Christianity they know is better they make the rules and that is how it gonna be till the end of time because Jesus gave it to us so my brother think well before you post rubbish We are Catholic dear we are unforgettable
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Empiree: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Confused people cheesy

On my Facebook page, I shared the picture of some Ugandans celebrating palm Sunday. They (all blacks) gathered around a white individual on a Donkey which is to say he's playing the role of Jesus.

It is pathetic and sad that people are perishing because they lack knowledge. Had they read the book, "from Babylon to Timbuktu", they would know that a white guy is not needed to play the role of Jesus.

It is also saddening that many of these Christians today are quick to call Muslims terrorists especially when he wears the Jalab with turban and of course, grows the beards. Of the men and women gathered around the white Jesus, none of them looked like Jesus in appearance and Jesus himself did not look like a Christian.

If Jesus comes to this world appearing like that man playing his role, Christians would call him terrorist, retard etc before they know that it is their "Lord and personal Saviour" that never was.

Though we cannot find any original picture of Jesus, if we judge by the pictures we see in churches, movies, bus-stops etc, then Christians do not look like Jesus and Jesus did not look like a Christian. Check out these facts!

- You cannot present a beardlesss Jesus

- No picture has ever shown the hair of Mary

- Judging by pictures from the churches, Muslims look like Jesus and vice versa. Same cannot be said of Christians.

- If Mary was not covered or dressed indecently, Jesus might not be called the son of Mary.

- One would think that Christian women will emulate Mary and Christian men will grow beards like this, ironically, these are what they despise most about Muslim men and women.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

2 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by jaszplus12(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
Movingcoil:
thank you sir! I'm with you on this.
no matter who raises voice to challenge your opinion will need to prove from scriptures where he or she got the command or authority or apostolic example or inference to practice Palm Sunday.
nice of you to have pointed out!
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by jaszplus12(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
batista181:

You should be ashamed of yourself look at how you are exposing your foolishness you think you can question or contradict the catholic Teaching be careful before you will end up insulting God and remember sin of the Holy spirit can never be forgiven
There is over 3 billion catholics in the world so they really don't need your opinion no one is forcing you to believe in our teachings if you have nothing to say keep quiet before you put your soul in problem before you come to this world catholic church exists and it will be here when you die. All you think you know about Christianity they know is better they make the rules and that is how it gonna be till the end of time because Jesus gave it to us so my brother think well before you post rubbish We are Catholic dear we are unforgettable
1) did Jesus or the apostles call themselves "Catholic"
2) is there any scripture that indicates that Catholic doctrine is Bible based?
3) does it mean that the number of Catholic people all over the world qualifies them to be true and therefore disregard the truth of the Bible?
4) have you read 2Tim3:16-17 and 2john9?
finally: DO YOU TRULY KNOW ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF CATHOLICISM?
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by ikorodureporta: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
Empiree:
Confused people cheesy

On my Facebook page, I shared the picture of some Ugandans celebrating palm Sunday. They (all blacks) gathered around a white individual on a Donkey which is to say he's playing the role of Jesus.

It is pathetic and sad that people are perishing because they lack knowledge. Had they read the book, "from Babylon to Timbuktu", they would know that a white guy is not needed to play the role of Jesus.

It is also saddening that many of these Christians today are quick to call Muslims terrorists especially when he wears the Jalab with turban and of course, grows the beards. Of the men and women gathered around the white Jesus, none of them looked like Jesus in appearance and Jesus himself did not look like a Christian.

If Jesus comes to this world appearing like that man playing his role, Christians would call him terrorist, retard etc before they know that it is their "Lord and personal Saviour" that never was.

Though we cannot find any original picture of Jesus, if we judge by the pictures we see in churches, movies, bus-stops etc, then Christians do not look like Jesus and Jesus did not look like a Christian. Check out these facts!

- You cannot present a beardlesss Jesus

- No picture has ever shown the hair of Mary

- Judging by pictures from the churches, Muslims look like Jesus and vice versa. Same cannot be said of Christians.

- If Mary was not covered or dressed indecently, Jesus might not be called the son of Mary.

- One would think that Christian women will emulate Mary and Christian men will grow beards like this, ironically, these are what they despise most about Muslim men and women.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
batista181:

Do you know there was a time more than 3 billion people were wrong thinking the earth was flat?
You can judgement self with that and do what is in the scriptures and not what others are doing.
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
reservd:

I'm sure u hv been celebrating Christmas over the years , where in d Bible was it said for his birth to b celebrated?
What I celebrate is the Christmas holiday and I've never celebrated the birth of Christ during that period because history taught me 25th December is a Roman idol worshipping period period. Don't use your ignorance to judge me cos I live by faith not man made doctrine.
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
batista181:

And it is heart watering and a thing of shame that you've decided not to follow Christ teaching but prefer Roman indoctrination and to be honest I never knew you were a Catholic cos I see other denominations apart from Catholics who do that shit.
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
umulobi:

And did He tell you never to celebrate it?Why exposing your ignorance?
Look at how you are talking of ignorance like you formed the word, did I tell you not to celebrate your folly?
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by chrisb2r200: 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bunch of confused fellows...keep insulting and hating on people's belief while ur mates are making money. catholics don't need u..and u don't need them leave ur life t others leave...life it's all about choices..chose urs and allow others. idiats
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by batista181(m): 3:28am On Mar 26, 2018
Movingcoil:

And it is heart watering and a thing of shame that you've decided not to follow Christ teaching but prefer Roman indoctrination and to be honest I never knew you were a Catholic cos I see other denominations apart from Catholics who do that shit.
Is obvious your point is baseless we started this Journey of Christianity what ever you think you know is just a Mair misinterpretation from your church have it at the back of your mind that is impossible for Catholic to preach errors I can defend that with my life whatever you think you know you don't know better than catholic teaching that has been here for more than 2000 years if you think Christianity is a game you can just wake up and become a master of your own or you think you know better because of some stupid reasons you don't agree with then wake up from that this is Religion not a politic there is only one way approve stop doing the right thing from the wrong source we are catholics dear we are unforgettable
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
batista181:

Is obvious your point is baseless we started this Journey of Christianity what ever you think you know is just a Mair misinterpretation from your church have it at the back of your mind that is impossible for Catholic to preach errors I can defend that with my life whatever you think you know you don't know better than catholic teaching that has been here for more than 2000 years if you think Christianity is a game you can just wake up and become a master of your own or you think you know better because of some stupid reasons you don't agree with then wake up from that this is Religion not a politic there is only one way approve stop doing the right thing from the wrong source we are catholics dear we are unforgettable
Mr man for your information I never knew the poster was Catholic and I never had anything with Catholics, I went to Marist so that you'll know how far I've done Catholicism. Am arguing with you based in the scriptures and I don't do church but Christianity.
1. Can you explain to me why Martin Luther was excommunicated from the church?
2. The death of Christ is the basis of Christianity and not catholICS maybe if I ask you you'd say Peter is the first pope; seriously because of the verse where Jesus asked his disciples who they think he is which Peter got right. Now follow that passage with wisdom and study Jesus's response "I know no flesh revealed this to you but my father and on this stone will I lay my church and the kingdom of hell cannot suppress it" now Jesus was referring to the spirit that revealed the correct answer to Peter and not Peter because Jesus can't pay his church on a mere human Peter.
3. Jesus said am the way, the truth and life, no one goes to the father except through me, Mary is a mere human who found favour in God's sight; do you know the meaning of favour and grace? You should look it up. So Mary who died like a normal human being can't intercede for a fellow human as you guys pray to her to and only Jesus can.
4. If you remember at Calvary, when Mary was present at his dieing son's feet, what did Jesus say to Mary?
5. Jesus categorically explained the process of baptism in which he said that only if a person believes in the gospel is he to be baptized so where did infant baptism of an infant who doesn't know his left and right come from?
6. I know the story of the eutopian eunuch is very common, he was preached to and he believed, I know he must have had his bottle of drinking water with him there but no they had to come by a pool of water before he was baptized so how did sprinkling of water in baptism find its way into Christianity?
7. Remember it is written that the scripture is complete, authentic and authoritative that nothing should be removed or added to it so how come Catholics have all these loads of ritualistic charades of protocols imbedded into their doctoring?
Like I said I follow the scripture and not church, I argue with the scripture and not with your heresay doctrine that you don't even know its origin, maybe you should read about one of your saints; Joan of arc and see that as Saul never knew when the spirit of God left him, it may have happened to your Catholic.
Like you rightly said, it may be your Catholic that is playing politics because as I read that Christianity is a way of life and not the politics I see Catholics doing that it was used to even pull your ancestors as slaves to America and why haven't their being a black pope?
And their politics also made them adopt the Pentecostal pattern of speaking in tongues cos they for saw that their members were running off to the Pentecostal churches cos they felt the power of God have shifted to that side.
Please open your Bible and study it and stop carrying pamphlets naround to church, that is the only advice I can give you because most Catholics i see are very lazy to read their bible.
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by batista181(m): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
Movingcoil:

Mr man for your information I never knew the poster was Catholic and I never had anything with Catholics, I went to Marist so that you'll know how far I've done Catholicism. Am arguing with you based in the scriptures and I don't do church but Christianity.
1. Can you explain to me why Martin Luther was excommunicated from the church?
2. The death of Christ is the basis of Christianity and not catholICS maybe if I ask you you'd say Peter is the first pope; seriously because of the verse where Jesus asked his disciples who they think he is which Peter got right. Now follow that passage with wisdom and study Jesus's response "I know no flesh revealed this to you but my father and on this stone will I lay my church and the kingdom of hell cannot suppress it" now Jesus was referring to the spirit that revealed the correct answer to Peter and not Peter because Jesus can't pay his church on a mere human Peter.
3. Jesus said am the way, the truth and life, no one goes to the father except through me, Mary is a mere human who found favour in God's sight; do you know the meaning of favour and grace? You should look it up. So Mary who died like a normal human being can't intercede for a fellow human as you guys pray to her to and only Jesus can.
4. If you remember at Calvary, when Mary was present at his dieing son's feet, what did Jesus say to Mary?
5. Jesus categorically explained the process of baptism in which he said that only if a person believes in the gospel is he to be baptized so where did infant baptism of an infant who doesn't know his left and right come from?
6. I know the story of the eutopian eunuch is very common, he was preached to and he believed, I know he must have had his bottle of drinking water with him there but no they had to come by a pool of water before he was baptized so how did sprinkling of water in baptism find its way into Christianity?
7. Remember it is written that the scripture is complete, authentic and authoritative that nothing should be removed or added to it so how come Catholics have all these loads of ritualistic charades of protocols imbedded into their doctoring?
Like I said I follow the scripture and not church, I argue with the scripture and not with your heresay doctrine that you don't even know its origin, maybe you should read about one of your saints; Joan of arc and see that as Saul never knew when the spirit of God left him, it may have happened to your Catholic.
Like you rightly said, it may be your Catholic that is playing politics because as I read that Christianity is a way of life and not the politics I see Catholics doing that it was used to even pull your ancestors as slaves to America and why haven't their being a black pope?
And their politics also made them adopt the Pentecostal pattern of speaking in tongues cos they for saw that their members were running off to the Pentecostal churches cos they felt the power of God have shifted to that side.
Please open your Bible and study it and stop carrying pamphlets naround to church, that is the only advice I can give you because most Catholics i see are very lazy to read their bible.
Is obvious you got nothing to say
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

What is Palm Sunday?

2) To heal his people

people

Temple
How are you my Angel....Angel Lily.
Longest time.
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Sincere4u:
How are you my Angel....Angel Lily. Longest time.

I'm fine thanks
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

I'm fine thanks

Good to know.
missed u. really really missed you. cheesy
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
Sincere4u:

Good to know. missed u. really really missed you. cheesy

(smile)
Re: The Significance Of Palm Sunday by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

(smile)
It happens you have since forgotten everything about me. Have had to become friends with QueenRose as a result. Hope you are cool with that?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Oyaks Embarks On 40 Days Fasting And Prayer / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / Martha Chioma Ibezim: Cultural Practices Against Women Should Be Abolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.