Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? (4077 Views)

Old Women Show Off Amazing Leg & Hip Movement As They Dance At A Party (Video) / This Masquerade Was Spotted in Lagos Singing & Dancing to Different Hip Hop Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by DejiSantos: 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by justmenoni: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yes
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by SakuraSimiola: 7:58am On Mar 26, 2018
How?

justmenoni:
Yes
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by SakuraSimiola: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
I dont like the N word.

1 Like

Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by DejiSantos: 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
I think there has been a big influence
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by darlib: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2018
Who cares I love my Hip hop
besides ask our Politicians who are affected nagatively, if it is hip hop that made them Crazy
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by Princevirus(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
https:///BTB9vY1MOBIKB1N11yZvzB
Join me at tiny seed multiplier It's time to make money
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by Airport24x7: 4:48pm On May 03, 2018
https://airport24x7.com/

Taxi in Nottingham to and from airports within the UK. We want you to feel confident that you will be picked up safely and on time.
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by MissRaine69(f): 7:23pm On May 16, 2018
Culture evolves it’s not static and that evolving is not linked to one factor
The same argument you are trying to bring was attempted in the US
Attributing the rise of Black on Black crime on hip-hop, the raise of blacks using drugs, high numbers of blacks in prisons.
Hip-hop is not just about music it’s a movement that tells the story of the journey the black man and woman have travelled, their triumphs, struggles and success. Blaming erosion of Nigerian culture on hip-hop is an easy cope out. Nigerians are to blame for what’s happening to their culture.
There are Nigerian kids with two Nigerian parents who cannot speak their mother tongue all in the name of advancement.
Yet you will never find a Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or Japanese kid inept in that dept regardless of how wealthy the parents are.
How is Hip-hop to blame there?
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by Playforkeeps(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
Dumb post
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by DejiSantos: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2018
Interesting

MissRaine69:
Attributing the rise of Black on Black crime on hip-hop, the raise of blacks using drugs, high numbers of blacks in prisons.
Hip-hop is not just about music it’s a movement that tells the story of the journey the black man and woman have travelled, their triumphs, struggles and success. Blaming erosion of Nigerian culture on hip-hop is an easy cope out. Nigerians are to blame for what’s happening to their culture.
There are Nigerian kids with two Nigerian parents who cannot speak their mother tongue all in the name of advancement.
Yet you will never find a Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or Japanese kid inept in that dept regardless of how wealthy the parents are.
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by OrangeOlamide: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2018
I dont know

1 Like

Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by humgraphics: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
When it comes to hip hop, I think it just made my country better, (Nigeria). If not for hip hop, many Nigerian rappers wouldn't have made it to the top.
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by humgraphics: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/chineduhumphery9606/
If you really want to know what I meant, check out my IG address and see how hip hop has changed my life. Am dancer and I dance to only hip hop beats. Without hip hop, I think Nigeria will still be in the dark
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by onyibabiempo298(f): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
MissRaine69:

Are you even Nigerian? I didn’t know AAs were on Nairaland forum.
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by onyibabiempo298(f): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
tongue tongue :PPersonally, I find (African) American hip hop disgusting. The only black American or just American hip hop artists I ever really enjoyed and found attractive are 50 cent, Bow Wow, Romeo, TI, Ludacris, Nelly, Snoop Dog, and Eminem. Besides them, I am very disgusted by American rap and rappers/hip hop artists, particularly, the contemporary ones. �
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by Femiblack05: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
I think it is,our youths are going nude now all in the name of Hip Hop fashion

Check my signature to order for autobiographies of entertainment stars and lots more today
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by MissRaine69(f): 5:00am On Aug 08, 2018
onyibabiempo298:

Are you even Nigerian? I didn’t know AAs were on Nairaland forum.
Are you even human?
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by OrangeOlamide: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
what disgusts you?

onyibabiempo298:
tongue tongue :PPersonally, I find (African) American hip hop disgusting. The only black American or just American hip hop artists I ever really enjoyed and found attractive are 50 cent, Bow Wow, Romeo, TI, Ludacris, Nelly, Snoop Dog, and Eminem. Besides them, I am very disgusted by American rap and rappers/hip hop artists, particularly, the contemporary ones. �
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by 1beat(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
YES ....

hip pop music is part of borrow culture and is causing moral derail ..

it expose youths to social attachment to material wealth.
most Nigeria artists preach about money, girls and fraud which is totally against the black race
that is why most Christian home don't want there children to relate with hip pop music

BIG PROBLEM FOR COMING GENERATION
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by gistgaba: 8:47am On Sep 10, 2018
AIRDEW - DOGGY STYLE (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) DOGGYSTYLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_xrlb7Nxjg
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by kingkoboko: 5:43am On Sep 11, 2018
Yes & no.

Our African culture is POSITIVELY affectin hiphop. As in d case of NiggaRaw, Dagrin, Phyno, Olamide & M.I.
Re: Is Hip Hop Negatively Affecting Nigerian Culture? by Li2lil(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2018
if u ask me na who I go ask?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Upcoming Artists Do U Know / Beautiful Sister Of Socrates Uduk Passes Out From National Service / 101 Most Beautiful People In Sports.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.