Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,015 members, 7,956,763 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies (30467 Views)

Police Confirm Death Of Female Glo Accountant, Says She Drank Insecticide / Drunk Man Beats His Wife In Ibadan For Refusing Him Sex (Photos) / See This Chinese Restaurant In Lagos That Doesn't Serve Or Admit Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
gross negligence..the staff should be prosecuted.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Burgerlomo: 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Na wa ooo cool
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by AK481(m): 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Memories12411:
Since when does sniper starts to look like Alomo, Erujeje and the rest? Or could it be that he drinks anything liquid?
He ordered for bottle water and the sniper was placed in a bottled water container placed in front of him.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by kollinpowel(m): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
Wetin man sabi chop Na him they kill man.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by AK481(m): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2018
He should have taken activated charcoal.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Diso60090(m): 12:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Them use the man do suya simple as ABC
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by k9ine(m): 12:07am On Mar 26, 2018
Safety first. Similarly, cooking gasses are odourised so one can tell that there's a leak in order to avoid an explosion.

I agree with you something is fishy. The story doesn't add up. What is poison doing in an empty bottle of water where food is served to customers

Nwaohafia1:
He died in active service nah.

Why would the man put insecticide in a bottle and place near a water bottle? Something is fishy about this shaa

To prevent things like this, is why petrol is dyed, so you differentiate it from kerosene.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:33am On Mar 26, 2018
Spirit of awolowo
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by cchiagom(f): 12:45am On Mar 26, 2018
akeentech:
How did insecticide get to the restaurant, This is Lagos nd not Anambra no insect in Lagos

Bia my friend, take time ooo
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by godofuck231: 1:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Ekekester:
A sad incident occurred yesterday at a Chinese restaurant in Adeniran Ogunsanya street, Surulere, Lagos, as it was gathered that a drunk man died after mistakenly drinking an insecticide at the restaurant.

The deceased who proceeded to hangout with friends at the restaurant after attending a wedding at Aguda, Surulere where he got drunk, drank the insecticide a staff of the restaurant had inadvertently left inside an empty bottle of water on his table.

The drunk man who ended up taking the insecticide instead of the bottle of water he ordered for, died while being rushed to hospital shortly after he opened up to his friends, that he took something thinking it was water.

The Manager of the Restaurant was arrested and detained at Bode Thomas Police Station, after the drunk man incident was reported.

http://www.asonaija.com.ng/2018/03/drunk-man-dies-after-mistakenly.html
a wise man once said "No native doctor can cure self poisoning"
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Pque(m): 1:11am On Mar 26, 2018
fullstreets:
RIP, so sad but my brothers, "a man does not stop drinking water because his son got drowned in a river".

omi olota, water no get enemy my brother. even the egyptians that their forefathers drowned in the red sea dare not form enemy for water. Whoever try such has just announce his date of burial
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by revontuli(f): 1:28am On Mar 26, 2018
Why would anyone put a bottle of posion on a customer's table indeed?
Did someone pay them to do it? Looks very suspicious. Arrests should be made.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by DONFASZY(m): 3:47am On Mar 26, 2018
He was poisoned
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by conehead2018: 4:16am On Mar 26, 2018
Memories12411:
Since when does sniper starts to look like Alomo, Erujeje and the rest? Or could it be that he drinks anything liquid?
ask awo
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Nelchuksmandela(m): 4:34am On Mar 26, 2018
Dis is serious....... I guess it's not ordinary something is fishy about this story
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by DonEvarest(m): 4:51am On Mar 26, 2018
This is gross negligence.... that is if not intended..... The manager who employed a negligent staffer and the worker should be prosecuted...
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 26, 2018
The place should simply be shut down
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by AreaFada2: 6:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Pathetic.

No health & safety standards. A very careless environment.

It could have happened to a child too. Somebody needs to face the music.

RIP.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by KingGBsky(m): 6:15am On Mar 26, 2018
Ekekester:
A sad incident occurred yesterday at a Chinese restaurant in Adeniran Ogunsanya street, Surulere, Lagos, as it was gathered that a drunk man died after mistakenly drinking an insecticide at the restaurant.

The deceased who proceeded to hangout with friends at the restaurant after attending a wedding at Aguda, Surulere where he got drunk, drank the insecticide a staff of the restaurant had inadvertently left inside an empty bottle of water on his table.

The drunk man who ended up taking the insecticide instead of the bottle of water he ordered for, died while being rushed to hospital shortly after he opened up to his friends, that he took something thinking it was water.

The Manager of the Restaurant was arrested and detained at Bode Thomas Police Station, after the drunk man incident was reported.

http://www.asonaija.com.ng/2018/03/drunk-man-dies-after-mistakenly.html

If this insecticide is this poisonous and dangerous yo human health
I don't see the reason why it should still be in the Nigerian market.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by kennethik: 6:20am On Mar 26, 2018
Nobody is thinking about his friends on the table with him, because he wasn't alone on the table, and is impossible for a Chinese restaurant to drop an insecticide on a customers table, does sniper's colour like water, His friends has questions to answer no doubt about it,
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2018
useless man u drank snipper thinking it was water , even if i drink 10bottles of tequilas I will still knew the difference between poison and water.. he died a useless fellow
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by OhiOfIhima: 7:08am On Mar 26, 2018
macphilip:
the man must be a science student
Yea.. He is because he sabi mixed the chemicals.. Oshaprapra tin
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Memories12411: 7:11am On Mar 26, 2018
fortune1968:
Read b4 commenting .The story did not mention sniper .It was an insecticide kept inside an empty bottle of water and mistakenly left on a table .The deceased simply mistook it for his own bottle of water .Simple Comprehension !
Sniper was on the picture. So you should chanell your grievances to the op.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by EngrMcDon(m): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2018
akeentech:
How did insecticide get to the restaurant, This is Lagos nd not Anambra no insect in Lagos

Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2018
The annoying thing my sister is that the place looks classy. I know the guy. And I suspect his friends. Sadly. sad

ifyalways:
Which sort of silly mistake is that? Who puts insecticide in a water bottle and then leaves in on a table?

Must be a dirty, run down, no name, Chinese restaurant and deserve to be shut down.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2018
Simple.
candy:
Really? Who puts insecticide on a restaurant table? Guy was poisoned abeg.
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:05am On Mar 26, 2018
The blog said he was drunk. Not eye witnesses. We know how bloggers (or guilty friends )add ‘spice’ to stories.. and esp when the dead can’t defend himself so we really can’t tell if truly he was drunk, tipsy or normal.

freeman67:
Many people will want to concentrate on the drunken state of the man before going there without asking what an insecticide doing in a bottle water container and what it was doing on the table of a customer that ordered a bottled water.. What sort of carelessness is that..?
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by JOE61: 8:17am On Mar 26, 2018
EngrMcDon:
And what was the insecticide doing there?
Na who I go ask..
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by JOE61: 8:20am On Mar 26, 2018
EngrMcDon:
And what was the insecticide doing there?
If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Drunk Man Mistakenly Drank Insecticide At Lagos Chinese Restaurant, Dies by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2018
So sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV-Positive Doctor Molests Patient In Benue / Kidnappers Abduct & Kill Salihu Dovo, Ardo-kola LGA Chairman In Taraba / Memory Machaya: 14-Year-Old Zimbabwean Wife Dies While Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.