Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! (381 Views)

Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by Ekekester(m): 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
A white man was allegedly hired to play the role of Jesus Christ for Palm Sunday Celebration at Munyonyo Martyrs Shrine in Kampala, Uganda.

..and this has of course caused a heated debate on Social Media.

Palm Sunday is the start of the Holy Week and the day Christians celebrate the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, one week before he was crucified.

But a community Catholic church in the country’s capital decided to use a ‘real’ White man to play the role of Jesus Christ whom they probably felt is White also – thereby causing unrest among Ugandan netizens.

Some online users were quick to criticize the pictures after they were shared online.

Some said Africans who are not proud of themselves – like to feel inferior to the Whites while others argued that it is just a play and nothing else matters.

http://www.asonaija.com.ng/2018/03/ugandans-hire-white-man-to-play-jesus.html

Re: Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by Memories12411: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
I can't help but laugh out loud. Modern slavery. I they put their clothes for the donkey to walk on. So how did they come up with the Jerusalem? I hope they were able to create one.
Re: Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by Ekekester(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
More reactions

Re: Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by Treasure17(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
I don't blame them cause i guess they are not totally free from mental colonialism.
Re: Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by OtemAtum: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
You allow fictitious Jesus to colonize your mind, so using a real white man to act the fiction isn't any worse.
Re: Ugandans Hire White Man To Play Jesus For Them, Social Media Reacts! by adadike(f): 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
As long as he is a Christian, i don't see anything wrong here biko. We are all one.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/03/18 / Why Do Christians Reject Some Part Of The Old Testament? / Creflo Dollar Rebukes Church 4 Criticizing Snoop Dogg's Decision To Turn Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.