Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,275 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games (10540 Views)

FG Rewards Athletes At The Commonwealth Games. See How Much They Got (Photos) / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos / Yetunde Odunuga, Army Officer At The Commonwealth Games In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by 247frolic(m): 12:05am On Mar 26, 2018
The first batch of 70 athletes and coaches left Abuja at about 6pm on Saturday aboard Emirates Airline for the Gold Coast as the XXI Commonwealth Games village opens today.

46 athletes in athletics, para-athletics, table tennis, para - table tennis, basketball, gymnastics, para powerlifting, weightlifting, boxing and 17 coaches, loaders and helpers as well as 7 medical personnel made the trip at the weekend.

The athletes were in high spirit at the time of departure as all allowances were paid to them. Each athlete received N15,000 per day for 21 days being the period of the last phase of camping.They were also given specific competition kit and equipment.

The second batch of 9 athletes and 4 coaches will leave this week as soon as their visas are issued while the wrestling team comprising 12 wrestlers and 4 coaches will depart on April 2, 2018.

The XXI Commonwealth Games starts from April 4th -15th 2018 in Gold Coast Australia with 71 Commonwealth teams taking part in the Games.

NNEKA IKEM ANIBEZE
SA MEDIA
25-03-2018.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-team-nigeria-departs-for-gold-coast-for-the-commonwealth-games/

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by itzmoni(m): 4:58am On Mar 26, 2018
Good...
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:00am On Mar 26, 2018
Ok
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by xxlover: 5:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Nice
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by Beedoc: 5:05am On Mar 26, 2018
什么
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by xreal: 5:09am On Mar 26, 2018
I love their kit.
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by calberian: 5:20am On Mar 26, 2018
I wonder why I kept thinking of Ghana when I read 'Gold Coast'.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by saaedlee: 5:24am On Mar 26, 2018
But, must they allow them sit on the ground?

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by Rollins777(m): 5:39am On Mar 26, 2018
15k per day,very very poor.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by Pavore9: 5:46am On Mar 26, 2018
They look better organized this time around.
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by mannyU: 5:49am On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=Rollins777 post=66159814]15k per day,very very poor.

Extremely poor. That money can only buy steak and chips without drink. That’s about $52. lol

If it was ‘them’ going for their political rubbish they’ll allocate unbelievable jumbo packages for themselves including 5 X hotels.... jus look at your country.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by olaolaking: 5:58am On Mar 26, 2018
Rollins777:

You say? 15k poor? I know you are very rich.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by oge4real(f): 6:01am On Mar 26, 2018
More than half of them will not return home. Some of the athletes from Sydney 2000 are still roaming around churches ‘praying for papers’.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by KingGBsky(m): 6:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Hmm
I never knew Australia is a commonwealth nation.
Was Australia colonized by the great British empire?
Hmm when I hratd they colonized united states I was just so overwhelmed.
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:22am On Mar 26, 2018
I wish them all the best
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by colossus91(m): 6:23am On Mar 26, 2018
and the paralympians will rep well than the able bodied for sure!!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by NabeelAbu: 6:26am On Mar 26, 2018
Wishing you a wonderful outing
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by AnodaIT(m): 6:28am On Mar 26, 2018
The only Gold Coast I know na Ghana

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by SIRKAY98(m): 6:28am On Mar 26, 2018
Ok good
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by asmovic(m): 6:44am On Mar 26, 2018
Rollins777:

very poor? when governors can't pay 18k per month for salary.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by yomalex(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2018
gold coast australia ba? abi na ghana
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by yomalex(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2018
KingGBsky:
Hmm
I never knew Australia is a commonwealth nation.
Was Australia colonized by the great British empire?
Hmm when I hratd they colonized united states I was just so overwhelmed.
they were sending prisoners there sef
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by neolboy(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2018
Go and make us proud

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by Auxiliary(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2018
All the best to them! At least gold medals are certain in the weightlifting categories...

Hopefully, they get all the needed support as well as encouragement, to avoid another set of embarrassments, such as kits arriving late...

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by gamechanger1: 6:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Rollins777:

Consider that accommodation and feeding are provided. Don't think its that bad

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by KingGBsky(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2018
yomalex:
they were sending prisoners there sef

All hail the great Britain... You can imagine it was led by a woman all this years. To say the Elizabeth the first started her reign in the 15th century.
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2018
Welcome to Australia folks, hopefully i get to meet them
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by aparo(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Where the *&%@$ is Gold Coast?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by 9jalandzone: 7:07am On Mar 26, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]nice cool cool cool
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by mikkyjagga1(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Welcome to the beautiful and warm gold coast...will be happy to meet and welcome them, working in one of the venues of the games, it will be a lovely experience indeed
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by lastempero: 7:09am On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=mannyU post=66159890][/quote]

Oyibo man spend $50 + for just a steak,big lie
Re: PHOTOS: Team Nigeria Departs For Gold Coast For The Commonwealth Games by bobosydney: 7:10am On Mar 26, 2018
Hahahaha......one of them actually running away when they arrive tomorrow and his not coming back. I’m just laughing because his staying at my place when he arrive.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

France 2019: Dennerby Lists Ebi, Oparanozie, 25 Others For World Cup Final Camp / AFCON 2019: FG Releases Funds For Supper Eagles / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.