Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc (28389 Views)

Bellator 293 Live Stream MMA Full Fight Night 2023 / Top 10 Nigerians Fighters In Mixed Martial Art And Boxing World Title Shot 2019 / Mixed Martial Art 215 Shevchanko Vs Nunes Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
A40:
The best overall talker was definitely the American Gangster Chael Sonnen.

Please tell me you are joking

Chael is a mutha fuka was just watching his fight with Jones and Silva weeks ago .

He gives a lot of insight on YouTube tho .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
A40:
Do you remember the Da Silva x Weidmann fight where Da Silva broke a leg after Weidmann checked his kick with his own leg? Mental!!

From UFC to Bellator if we start with all the great middleweights and Light Heavyweights we won't leave here today I tell you

No doubt ...I even need to go see that fight again . That fight was gnarly my brother .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
olabode89:

Other fighters of Nigerian descent in the UFC are

Jimi Manuwa, born in the US but grew up in London, UK.

Azunna Ayanwu born in the US.

Israel Adesanya spent about 10 years in Nigeria before his family immigrated to New Zealand. He is a decorated and excellent kickboxer. His striking is crisp and deadly. I hope he can work and improve his takedown defence. He is also very long for the middleweight division. He has an 80 inches reach.

Usman Kamaru left Nigeria as a baby but he is so into Naija related stuffs. He is predominantly a wrestler but his striking is also improving. I hope he gets a good run at the welterweight division.

I'm glad we are well represented ...I hope he beats Santiago in Chile tho ...uncle Dana doesn't like him ...kamaru I think
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
olabode89:

Bisping running away

Are you for real

Please do not disrespect the Count! Dude was fighting killers when the sport was filled with cheats and PED users. He fought TRT Vitor and almost lost sight in one of his eyes after Vitor head kicked him into another dimension.

Bro Bisping fought Vitor, Hendo, Rockhold and Anderson. How can you say he runs away from competition. I won't blame him for wanting a to avenge his loss to Henderson and also going for a money fight against GSP.

If you were him would you fight Yoel Romero... LMaO??

As soon as he won the belt ...just as predicted he ducked every one ...and then decided to fight GSP ... I love bisping bro .

That hendo fight tho news as of this morning is that he wants to fight some other guy at UFC Liverpool as against rock hold , vitor etc . People were shocked but he needs to go out on a win ... retirement plans .

I even use him on ps4 UFC 3.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
A40:
The best overall talker was definitely the American Gangster Chael Sonnen.

Please tell me you are joking

My dude she is ...let's not turn her away tho .. @ quinsonia ...you are welcome .ask anything you want to know or just fellowship with us .

Even @ queensucubuss
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
olabode89:

Hahahaha

GSP is going crazy grin grin

Dude is suffering from over training, too much sparing and excessive hit to the head. His stories on UFOs, alien and co are a clear sign of the problem he is facing. Take nothing away from the dude though he is the greatest welterweight of all time. Plus he is super dedicated to the sport of MMA.

GOAT ...ben askren would beg to differ I guess ...well hope we get to see that fight .

But uncle Dana no go gree
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
A40:
Aren't they all facing one demon or the other? It's a really crazy sport.

I want to know whose idea it was to put Daniel Cormier vs Miocic. Left for me I would rather Ngannou got another shot. He's the only one that didn't get destroyed like Cormier likely would.

Btw is King Mo from Bellator Nigerian? I gbadun him two fights with Rampage Jackson

Actually I'm not even thinking about that fight my dude .

There are so many fights right now ...all I know is DC actually played a part in getting Stipe a better deal for the fight . Uncle Dana is just something else when it comes to paying fighters .

All my attention is on UFC 223 .

Will soon start my countdown thread or might just do it here ...

Francis got schooled by Stipe ... experience matters ...the UFC didn't want Stipe to win ...as they thought Francis was more bankable than the silent killer fireman . I think Francis should fight two others and then let's see where he's at .

King mo ...let me find out .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by olabode89(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
tobianthony:

GOAT ...ben askren would beg to differ I guess ...well hope we get to see that fight .

But uncle Dana no go gree

Ben Askren is a one dimensional lay and pray fighter. He has beaten no elite fighter.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
olabode89:

Ben Askren is a one dimensional lay and pray fighter. He has beaten no elite fighter.

Hmmm....same as gsp mostly ...that style was made famous by GSP ...even though he has a karate background .

Oh well I don't think we will ever get to see that fight .

I'm not even sure GSP will come back well he still has a contract so I could be wrong .

The man is a legend no doubt .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by olabode89(m): 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
tobianthony:

Hmmm....same as gsp mostly ...that style was made famous by GSP ...even though he has a karate background .

Oh well I don't think we will ever get to see that fight .

I'm not even sure GSP will come back well he still has a contract so I could be wrong .

The man is a legend no doubt .

True! But GSP is not one dimensional, his striking is good as he showed against Bisping. I think GSP is angling for a big pay day against Connor or Nick Diaz.

You reside in Nigeria? How do you watch UFC events?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
olabode89:

True! But GSP is not one dimensional, his striking is good as he showed against Bisping. I think GSP is angling for a big pay day against Connor or Nick Diaz.

You reside in Nigeria? How do you watch UFC events?

Streams ...sometimes if you are lucky ... some one might put it up on you tube live .

Other times I just follow on line ...check out the highlights the next day .

But I discovered you can watch them on ps4 . Haven't tried it tho . As the payperview is about like 70 USD .

Besides ntel doesn't work in my hood .

But I still follow it keenly .

Yeah I'm in Nigeria .

Not that GSP needs the money ...the man is a legend in Canada ....it's the other way around ...them cats want to fight him . Fighting McGregor and Diaz won't do nothing for his legacy . He needs to fight askren tho ...as that's the only question mark left .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
tobianthony:

Chael is a mutha fuka was just watching his fight with Jones and Silva weeks ago .

He gives a lot of insight on YouTube tho .
You can't help but love Chael. Dude can sell fire in hell. His personality and ability to sell a fight is topnotch
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
tobianthony:

Actually I'm not even thinking about that fight my dude .

There are so many fights right now ...all I know is DC actually played a part in getting Stipe a better deal for the fight . Uncle Dana is just something else when it comes to paying fighters .

All my attention is on UFC 223 .

Will soon start my countdown thread or might just do it here ...

Francis got schooled by Stipe ... experience matters ...the UFC didn't want Stipe to win ...as they thought Francis was more bankable than the silent killer fireman . I think Francis should fight two others and then let's see where he's at .

King mo ...let me find out .
I'm not really gingered by this upcoming card tbvh

Dana is all about how many PPV buys you can get him. He no send anybody. That's why he follows Brock Lesnar up and down like almajiri even if he tests positive for banned stuff 100 times.

I'm not surprised Ngannou lost to Stipe. The man's chin is made of granite and is the most well-rounded heavyweight I've seen in a long time. Who's out there for Ngannou to fight? I'd like to see him and Velasquez who is still in hibernation. There is a serious dearth of young heavyweights rn. All these guys in the title contending picture are all 35 years or older.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by quinSonia(f): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
@tobianthony I saw qpark on the I.G screenshot you posted!!

P. S guess Batista is a sissy, I like to see THE ROCK in an MMA match..

BTW ufc n www who gets more pay?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2018
olabode89:

Bro! Don't underestimate DC. He use to be a heavyweight and he defeated guys like Josh Barnett. DC has also got good wrestling and dirty boxing.

Mohammed Lawal aka King Mo is of Naija descent but he was born and raised in US.
Man it's hard not to. I think it would be the equivalent of the Damaan miracle for Cormier to beat Miocic

He is at least 6inches shorter with a huge disparity in reach. Another key thing to why Stipe is so good is his cardio, his stamina is insane! and I have never seen such from a heavy weight. He can wrestle. Owns a granite chin and can knock you into next week. The guy is the total package.

When I saw Lawal I know say na Nigerian but I no know say na son of their soil not runaway soldier, Lol
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
quinSonia:
@tobianthony I saw qpark on the I.G screenshot you posted!!

P. S guess Batista is a sissy, I like to see THE ROCK in an MMA match..

BTW ufc n www who gets more pay?

@quinsonia

Yeah I've been a fan of qpark since back when vine was a thing .

Do you want the rock to die ...I know he's an MMA fan . He attends a few events every now and then . I know the rock once contemplated practicing MMA but he decided against it .

Interesting third question .

Let's take the mixed martial arts most popular and richest star McGregor and professional wrestling's biggest star John cena . I'd argue cena is amongst the wealthiest wrestlers ever ( besides hulk Hogan ) . Both the WWE and the UFC both operate under different contractual terms that are kind of like night and day .

In the wwe obviously John cena being their most bankable star is under a contract . I don't know if he gets payperview cuts by this I mean a slice of the ppvs of WrestleMania and the likes etc . But one thing I know is that he gets a slice of the profits of his merchandise which is worth a lot of money .

However in the UFC things are much more darker . The biggest UFC stars get at most 250k - 500k USD per fight ... McGregor being the exception gets way more prior to the money fight that is . The average fighter gets 100 k plus win bonuses ...perhaps fight of the night bonuses . 50 k extra .

As for merchandise ...hmmm...get this the UFC has a deal with Reebok which demands that all fighters wear Reebok gear during fights . Fighters cannot have their own merchandise a la WWE . As a matter of fact the UFC deducts monies from the fighters purse to get the Reebok gear for his entire coaching crew . Odd right .

Compare that to what boxers get .the boxers are bale to negotiate between themselves and a boxing promotion and the commission on their purses due to the ALi Act a law that protects boxers from predatory promoters . Thus a commission cannot act as a promotion and as a payer of the boxer's purse at the same time . Which is exactly what the UFC does .

As of last year a lot of stake holders in MMA tried to lobby the Senate into bringing MMA under the Ali act which would effectively strip the UFC of it's bargaining power . As not even a fighter knows how much exactly the UFC makes of him or her.

I'd argue that in other to make a lot of money in MMA or wwe you have to be huge draw . But who has more money between McGregor and cena your guess is as good as mine ...

MMA fighters usaully fight twice a year at most . Some not even in years. At most three times a year and that's pushing it how long will that money last inbetween fights ?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
A40:
I'm not really gingered by this upcoming card tbvh

Dana is all about how many PPV buys you can get him. He no send anybody. That's why he follows Brock Lesnar up and down like almajiri even if he tests positive for banned stuff 100 times.

I'm not surprised Ngannou lost to Stipe. The man's chin is made of granite and is the most well-rounded heavyweight I've seen in a long time. Who's out there for Ngannou to fight? I'd like to see him and Velasquez who is still in hibernation. There is a serious dearth of young heavyweights rn. All these guys in the title contending picture are all 35 years or older.

Bro you should be over gingered at this card ah ah

Khabib vs Ferguson

Joanna vs rose the rematch

There even a lot of good fights on the card also .

The implications of the who wins the main event ...will be very interesting to watch as they unfold as McGregor lurks in the background .

I'd post more info but my phone screen is broken . Please bear with me guys .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by quinSonia(f): 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
tobianthony
in other words rock is a sissy and cena is richer than McGregor

cena n McGregor who would win in a match??
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
quinSonia:
tobianthony

in other words rock is a sissy and cena is richer than McGregor

cena n McGregor who would win in a match??

They would have to set a weight class I think cena walks around close to 200 pounds which is heavyweight ... McGregor walks around at most 175 pounds give or take but he fights at 145 - 155 .

Truth be told let's give them a 5 month fight camp for a no holds barred fight in a ring . Let's put their weight at 175 which I doubt cena can make .

Or you know what let's put them in a street fight Cena's advantage would be weight ...while McGregors advantage would be boxing and bjj . If McGregor can put cena on the ground and choke him ...he wins . If he traded with cena there's a chance cena could catch him . But then again McGregor is a master of clocking people from range .

To be honest I wouldn't bet on either person ...but McGregor has the advantage but only on the ground and by submission .

I know John has a wrestling ( not professional wrestling which is different )background if I'm not mistaken but that would also spell danger for McGregor if he can't take cena down .

Most pro fighters won't engage in a street fight as there are two many variables .

To be honest I don't know who would win as they both have advantages over each other .

Hope that answers your question somewhat ...
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Breaking news ...UFC 223 ..

Tony Ferguson injures knee ahead of April 7th fight with khabib nurmagomedov.

Max " blessed " Holloway , has concluded plans to step in to fight khabib . Max Holloway is the feather weight champion .

To be honest I think this fight is cursed guys ...this is the fourth time this fight has been cancelled on account of one reason or the other.

Somewhere in the world McGregor is smiling .

This just throws the light weight division into further chaos .

What do you think can max Holloway win khabib ? Remember max us coming of an injury and a win over Jose aldo .

Let's discuss .

Talk amongst yourselves .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by abfan(m): 9:55am On May 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Seriously whats with cody making all these excuses on why he lost to TJ?, just makes him seem weak in my opinion. And also heard Yair got cut from the ufc for refusing to Fight Zabit.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:07am On May 16, 2018
Finally found what I was looking for. smiley
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:31am On May 16, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
omo what's happening here?

I dey reason start BJJ training for fitness.

Anybody wey dey do am for here? What can I expect as a complete noob?

Did you finally start it?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:36am On May 16, 2018
tobianthony:
Breaking news ...UFC 223 ..

Tony Ferguson injures knee ahead of April 7th fight with khabib nurmagomedov.

Max " blessed " Holloway , has concluded plans to step in to fight khabib . Max Holloway is the feather weight champion .

To be honest I think this fight is cursed guys ...this is the fourth time this fight has been cancelled on account of one reason or the other.

Somewhere in the world McGregor is smiling .

This just throws the light weight division into further chaos .

What do you think can max Holloway win khabib ? Remember max us coming of an injury and a win over Jose aldo .

Let's discuss .

Talk amongst yourselves .

I've always been a McGregor fan but Khabib's record is scary tbh.. And it's very possible that's the reason Ferguson might not want to fight him...
Comparing Jose with Khabib isn't right at all, Max would most likely add an L to his record after that fight.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by abfan(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2018
Who else is excited for Whitaker vs Romero 2 ?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 5:42am On May 17, 2018
abfan:
Who else is excited for Whitaker vs Romero 2 ?

Even though I've never really watched Whitaker fight, his record speaks for him and I believe Romero is about to add another L to his own..

The match I look forward to is Joshua vs Wilder boxing bout.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJRONvAfr8I

I felt bad knowing that i enjoyed watching this more than UFC sad
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUU-jp3TEB4

Hope Connor wins though, after all the mind games cheesy
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 31, 2018
@ glory Isaac ....hmmmm.

That karate show might intrigue you but honestly I haven't watched it . I still don't think it's as good as MMA .

There are so many upcoming fights in MMA this year ...

Khabib vs Connor McGregor.

Fedor emaleniko vs Chael sonnen

The bellator walterweight Grand Prix tournament

Zabit margomadsharipov vs anybody ...just anybody

Rockhold vs weidman 2

Isreal adesanya vs Derek brunson

The return of the legends Chuck liddel vs Tito Ortiz 3
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 31, 2018
I did not add Woodley vs Till ...which is happening this weekend ...for obvious reasons .

Sorry I haven't been posting guys ...I just got frustrated after khabib vs Ferguson was cancelled for a 5th time .

Will post some more .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Best 100 Players In History' Named – And Fans Absolutely Lose Their Minds / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? / Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.