Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc (27614 Views)

Bellator 293 Live Stream MMA Full Fight Night 2023 / Top 10 Nigerians Fighters In Mixed Martial Art And Boxing World Title Shot 2019 / Mixed Martial Art 215 Shevchanko Vs Nunes Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2018
Breaking news.

Eddie Alvarez has left the UFC to join Singapore MMA brand " one championship " .

Good luck to him ...the brawl with Justin gatheje was crazy .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
Hope you guys are following the Bellator heavy weight Grand Prix .

Fedor emalienko beat Chael sonnnen to advance to fight Ryan bader .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by olabode89(m): 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2018
tobianthony:

Very interested in Weidman vs rockhold 2 ...I hope Chris doesn't make stupid mistakes this time . Should make for a tough fight .

Adesanya and his regular clowning ...hahaha love the guy Sha ...omo naija . This should be a win for him .

Jacare I think age is catching up with him tho .

Hope you guys are following the other Nigerians in UFC

Rockhold V Weidman 2 is a difficult one to predict, but I expect Luke to win. Weidman's main weapon is his wrestling and Luke is from an excellent wrestling camp and his BJJ is top notch.

Jacare is at the twilight of his career and he is fighting a fellow BJJ black belt. TOUGH one for him.

UFC signed 2 Nigerians from the DWTNCS, Yusuff Sadiq and Kennedy Nzechukwu. Yusuff is a well rounded featherweight. He was impressive on the show. Kennedy is a huge light heavyweight, he is 6'5" tall with an 83" reach. The only problem is that he is not very aggressive.

I think the other Nigerians in the UFC are

Kamaru Usman

Isreal ADESANAYA

Oluwole Gbamgbose (he got cut last year though)

Hakeem Dawodu (identifies as a Canadian though, born and bred in Canada)
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by olabode89(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2018
tobianthony:
Hope you guys are following the Bellator heavy weight Grand Prix .

Fedor emalienko beat Chael sonnnen to advance to fight Ryan bader .

Scott Coker is making a mess of Bellator. He still does not get it! Bellator can only grow by pushing "Bellator-grown" fighters like Aaron Pico, Michael Chandler and Michael Venom Page. Bellator are wasting huge resources on pensioners and UFC nearly men and washed up ex champs like Sonnen, Bader, Benson Henderson and co.

Did you see Sonnen V Fedor? It was a disgrace, Sonnen threw the fight away and walked away with 300K dollars in less than 5 mins.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2018
No way did sonnen throw that fight bruh ...

I think the Bellator guys are doing the best they can with their business model which is the tournament fights . They simply do not have the capital or leverage to challenge the UFC .

They will make do with what they have .

Don't think Dana white and Lorenzo aren't paying attention to Bellator.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
olabode89:

Rockhold V Weidman 2 is a difficult one to predict, but I expect Luke to win. Weidman's main weapon is his wrestling and Luke is from an excellent wrestling camp and his BJJ is top notch.

Jacare is at the twilight of his career and he is fighting a fellow BJJ black belt. TOUGH one for him.

UFC signed 2 Nigerians from the DWTNCS, Yusuff Sadiq and Kennedy Nzechukwu. Yusuff is a well rounded featherweight. He was impressive on the show. Kennedy is a huge light heavyweight, he is 6'5" tall with an 83" reach. The only problem is that he is not very aggressive.

I think the other Nigerians in the UFC are

Kamaru Usman

Isreal ADESANAYA

Oluwole Gbamgbose (he got cut last year though)

Hakeem Dawodu (identifies as a Canadian though, born and bred in Canada)

Nah gbamgbose aka bangbus is still in the UFC I believe he even fought on the khabib vs McGregor prelims .

Usman is in a pickle ...he has no one to fight at the moment . I just want to see him go against Colby Covington Sha ...that would be something .

Yeah there are a lot of Nigerians in MMA .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by olabode89(m): 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
tobianthony:

Nah gbamgbose aka bangbus is still in the UFC I believe he even fought on the khabib vs McGregor prelims .

Usman is in a pickle ...he has no one to fight at the moment . I just want to see him go against Colby Covington Sha ...that would be something .

Yeah there are a lot of Nigerians in MMA .

Bamgbose was cut from the UFC in December 2017 after 3 consecutive losses.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 2:50am On Oct 20, 2018
olabode89:

Scott Coker is making a mess of Bellator. He still does not get it! Bellator can only grow by pushing "Bellator-grown" fighters like Aaron Pico, Michael Chandler and Michael Venom Page. Bellator are wasting huge resources on pensioners and UFC nearly men and washed up ex champs like Sonnen, Bader, Benson Henderson and co.

Did you see Sonnen V Fedor? It was a disgrace, Sonnen threw the fight away and walked away with 300K dollars in less than 5 mins.
Knew that fight would be a massive anticlimax. I was surprised Sonnen was able to beat Rampage in his previous fight but since they are both washed up then anything can happen.

I think it must be the nostalgia of these oldies that Scott insists on using as a selling point. There are people who would still want to see Fedor fight even at 70
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2018
olabode89:

Bamgbose was cut from the UFC in December 2017 after 3 consecutive losses.

You right bro ...i take that back then ...musta mistaken him with someone else .

Sorry for the misinformation .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 20, 2018
Breaking news Luke rockhold out of 230 fight with Chris Weidman due to injure ...Jacare Souza to fight Chris weidman ...I'm hearing the deal has been finalized .

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2018
Interesting article here ...MMA in Nigeria .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/mix-martial-arts-land-in-nigeria/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
Reports are coming in that the UFC has reached an agreement with ONE to trade Demitrious " mighty mouse " Johnson in exchange for Ben Askren . Nothing has been confirmed yet tho .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by pryme(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
tobianthony:
Reports are coming in that the UFC has reached an agreement with ONE to trade Demitrious " mighty mouse " Johnson in exchange for Ben Askren . Nothing has been confirmed yet tho .

I have lost track on MMA did not even watch the Conor Khabib fight, only the highlights. So what's new about Khabib was he fined? and how much?

Which fighter do you think can take out Khabib? Am a proponent of strikers, these grapplers irritates me.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by michaelwilli(m): 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ocon:
UFC won't take action on that cost it's add to the pre-match hype and increase d audience attention. Which translates to more money for UFC.

But causing chaos on d fight night is unacceptable. You see lot of champions rallying around Conor and d pity sympathy he's getting from fans. Khabib will surely be suspended.
Indiscipline outside the octagon or inside shouldn't be condoned
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
This kid is a bad guy. He should be in the middleweight title picture pretty soon. His charisma would definitely sell fights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
You guys missed UFC 232?

Jon Bones came back to decimate Gustaffson. And his post match call out of DC was just grin cheesy. Let's see if he's clean this time but DC has to be absolutely sick of this guy that just seems to have his number

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 18, 2019
Hi guys , good news ...dstv will show the cejudo vs dillashaw fight .by 4:00am

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 18, 2019
It's been a while .. sorry my apologies . I've been caught up with so many personal events . I'm trying to find outif the fight is exclusive to premium package . I'm also looking forward to the paqiuao vs Broner fight too .

I'm thinking about starting a chat group for nigerian MMA fans on whatsapp .

Either way let's talk about it .

Cheers .

Tony .
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2019
I call this a good weekend check out Dan Hooker's pick of UFC fight Night

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
So Connor just got fined £50,000 for the fight at UFC 229 with a 4-month ban.

While Khabib got fined £500,000 with a 9-month ban.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 10, 2019
tobianthony:
It's been a while .. sorry my apologies . I've been caught up with so many personal events . I'm trying to find outif the fight is exclusive to premium package . I'm also looking forward to the paqiuao vs Broner fight too .

I'm thinking about starting a chat group for nigerian MMA fans on whatsapp .

Either way let's talk about it .

Cheers .

Tony .

Do you also practice?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 10, 2019
UFC 234.

Isreal Adesanya a.k.a Stylebender beat his idol Anderson Silva... They put up a great show yesterday smiley

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
That boy looking like the real deal. Though I feel he might struggle against a grappler but he has this Jon Jones vibe.

I would like to see him face Romero, Gastellum or Whittaker for the belt since they both rep NZ

1 Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by kkkossy(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2019
I was going to start this thread but you guys beat me to it. Finally, a real combat sport thread not that trashy and scripted WWE.
It's a great thing to have UFC now airing on DSTV even the PPVs. This will create more hype in Africa as we have 3 dominant african UFC fighters.

I love Israel's swag in and outside the octagon, its just a matter of time he will be the next anthony joshua and millions of Nigerian will get to know of him more.

With time this fan page will grow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by kkkossy(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2019
A40:
That boy looking like the real deal. Though I feel he might struggle against a grappler but he has this Jon Jones vibe.

I would like to see him face Romero, Gastellum or Whittaker for the belt since they both rep NZ

I am still wondering how romero fits into the middle wieght class of about 185. The guy is huge body wise compared to the like of Israel Adesanya.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
kkkossy:

I am still wondering how romero fits into the middle wieght class of about 185. The guy is huge body wise compared to the like of Israel Adesanya.
Lool he's right on the edge 184-185. Adesanya is like 6-3 so that might explain it because he is also listed at 184
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2019
A40:

He will go very far, and he's not just an excellent fighter but also an entertainer, which is exactly what the UFC Franchise needs.
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2019
GloryIsaac:

He will go very far, and he's not just an excellent fighter but also an entertainer, which is exactly what the UFC Franchise needs.
The guy dey throw some mean hooks. Won with relative ease. I mean Anderson Silva might be past his prime but this is still Anderson Silva, the Spider

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
A40:
The guy dey throw some mean hooks. Won with relative ease. I mean Anderson Silva might be past his prime but this is still Anderson Silva, the Spider

Wow shocked, See punch cheesy... Good thing he (Isreal) passed this test, looking forward to his next fight.

Do you rate Usman?
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by A40(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Wow shocked, See punch cheesy... Good thing he (Isreal) passed this test, looking forward to his next fight.

Do you rate Usman?
His record looks solid though I rarely follow anything below middleweight so I can't say how good he is for sure
Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
UFC 235 tomorrow

In full support of Francis wink

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
A40:
His record looks solid though I rarely follow anything below middleweight so I can't say how good he is for sure

He has a fight coming up in March against Woodley (One-Punch Man)... In as much as I support him based on fellow African, I think Woodley will defeat him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Hazard & Van Dijk Replace Ronaldo As FIFA 20 Cover Stars / Oguchi Onyewu Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today / Asisat Oshoala Launches Football Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.