Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout (33321 Views)

Ganduje Dollar Video Played On Edo Biggest Roundabout Billboard / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by TemiGod(f): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
How much was used in the execution of this project of 1.4km? Is there any provision in the contract for road maintenance for the next 5 years?

These are the questions sensible taxpayers should be asking....

All the same, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king so at least the government should be commended for at least discharging their duties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by slapandfall(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
R
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by lx3as(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
yashau:
smileylol... south west and brown roof is like 5 $ 6

Stale!

I know your village is better than Paris;

So, clap for yourself!

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by valuedammy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
hypertension:
And so?

I dont see anyone praising me for going to my job diligently.

That is Government work, so why praise someone for what he is supposed to do.

However, it is a fine job and planning. Just wish imaginary billions have not been siphoned already.

You nailed it! In this part of the world when Government are doing what they are supposed to do we see it as a favour but in reality that is what the Tax payers money are meant for.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by bigdot1759(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
hypertension:
And so?

However, it is a fine job and planning. Just wish imaginary billions have not been siphoned already.
if no one praise u den STAY @ home. go to work isn't by force

7 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by opribo(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nice one and kudos to the action governor but I cant see that Iya alamala joint somewhere on the right, I hope it was not demolished because that is my normal joint anytime I am around Ketu area or the mainland I must stop by there to eat and take away.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Lawalemi(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Loan or not, Lagos is working.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
hypertension:
And so?

Who's begging or forcing you to praise anybody?

If na obingo, we no go hear word with amaka amaka rubbish..

Worry about your zero projects villages abeg?

Bad bele and bitterness people

13 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by bigpicture001: 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
look closely at the pix,u would notice that apart from tarring the roads,the govt only chased ppl away from road side biz..dts all
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:
How much was used in the execution of this project of 1.4km? Is there any provision in the contract for road maintenance for the next 5 years?

All the same, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king so at least the government should be commended for at least discharging their duties.

akinwunmi@akinwunmiambode.com. Phone Number: 01-2914017.

We are not here to hear your complaints, contact Ambode directly if you are so concerned.

9 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Sammiejokes(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
opribo:
Nice one and kudos to the action governor but I cant see that Iya alamala joint somewhere on the right, I hope it was not demolished because that is my normal joint anytime I am around Ketu area or the mainland I must stop by there to eat and take away.

Iya alama side still dey kampe.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nice one, Ambo! You have my vote already kiss

Itesiwaju ipinle Eko lo je wa lo'gun

9 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by justtoodark: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
ipobians will not see this....they become automaticaly blind and deaf by such things....

2 days from now they will still be asking to present achievements....useless people....

8 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by justtoodark: 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
bring back fee dee fee....arrest all fulanis....thats all what they know....

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:

obi58:
Eko ile- am still expecting your response to М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ earlier post.

Meanwhile, back to the matter regardless of the amount spent are the state inhabitants complaining of such an expenditure on an entertainment park? The project provides JOBS and a place to visit at the weekends!correct me if I'm mistaken but ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ tourism not another means of revenue geneRation? Just take a look at dubai? What's Ųя beef? That with your 320billion IGR Ųя governor ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ yet to provide a credible alternative to your 3rd mainland bridge? And you re regularly stuck in Ųя car (or danfo)in hold ups wishin ΰ could be awarded a contract in aks?

The above quote of yours was your hypocritical response to questions asked about AKpabio's projects and cost.

You sad we should not ask questions of worry about cost, but now you are worrying and asking questions about cost in Lagos state.

You jokers careless about your states and whatever amount they spend on your worthless village projects, you not only justify the cost of projects in your village, you defend and make excuses for them, but you are always ready to go to war with silly, meaningless and irrelevant anger and zeal to demand accountability when it comes to other states.

You hypocrites care less about Lagos state, you just want display your usual hatred, anger, bitterness and bad bele.

12 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Ojuororun(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
I SWEAR NAIRALAND DEY TRY, I CAN'T LIE IT MAKE PERSON TO CURRENT.grinsmileysmiley

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Iolo(m): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
hypertension:
And so?

Your boss doesn’t give you a thumbs up or sends a congratulatory email for high performance?

It’s good we praise them when they do well so when we abuse them for non performance they know and take it seriously as well.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by eleko1: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
Youziz:
CCTV Spy Recording Pen. Get this quality CCTV Spy recording pen. This pen can video,audio,and can snap pictures secretly without no one knowing. The pen is good for business negotiations, crime investigation, secret recording, evidence for court. Price is #12.000. To buy pls call the phone number below .Pay on delivery is available to all States in Nigeria.
if E nor com work nkoh? nah to carry am go one Engr shop
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Ttipsy(f): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
I love the traffic lights. it will mkk the place traffic free and decent. but the users (9jarians) are daft....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by unknownsolja: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2018
we can celebrate nonsense in nigeria...bloody yankers
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Okoyeebos: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:

If you had an iota of shame and commonsense, you won't come here to type trash. You Igbos are pathetic hypocrites. How many of your Governors have you held accountable? TA Orji is the worst Governor in the history of this country. After he ruined your futures for 8 years, your fathers bestowed upon him the title of Ochendo Ndigbo.

Look at that Alapere roundabout very well, your children are coming there to hawk gala and fan yogo if you don't get out of Nairaland and hold your worthless Governors accountable.

9 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
MissEdified:
The Lagos state government has completed the rehabilitation and signalisation of the Alapere Roundabout including expansion and dualization of the 1.4km road.

The socioeconomic importance of the rehabilitation is to reduce travel time and traffic gridlock while providing comprehensive road safety infrastructure around the area.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-lagos-state-govt-completes-rehabilitation-of-alapere-roundabout/

I salute Ambode for this.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=deomelo post=66181067]

The above quote of yours was your hypocritical response to questions asked about AKpabio's projects and cost.

You sad we should not ask questions of worry about cost, but now you are worrying and asking questions about cost in Lagos state.

You jokers careless about your states and whatever amount they spend on your worthless village projects, you not only justify the cost of projects in your village, you defend and make excuses for them, but you are always ready to go to war with silly, meaningless and irrelevant anger and zeal to demand accountability when it comes to other states.

You hypocrites care less about Lagos state, you just want display your usual hatred, anger, bitterness and bad bele.

I had difficulty making sense of what you wrote because of the very poor use of English you used in conveying your statement. Needless to say I'm sure you're one of those who is a proponent of enforcing Yoruba language in schools and civil service establishments in Lagos State. More or less as usual, you're turning a basic rational demand of any law abiding tax payer into a meaningless us versus them myopic rant centred around nepotism and tribalism.

Back to your bigoted riposte....

To whom much is given much is expected... Lagos has been the highest revenue generating state for quite some time now and as such should be held to much higher levels of accountability. This is not about colour, tribe, religion or Creed. Just a simple question of judicious use of funds in the basic discharge of their responsibility as government. Just the same way tax collection and IGR generation is collected from all inhabitants of Lagos regardless of their ethnicity.

Again if your fingers were not typing faster than your comprehension, you would have seen my 'commendation' of the government for at least renovating that road amongst other projects as there are very many other governments who are doing far less. That does not mean that the government should not be held accountable for the funds at their disposal. You don't celebrate a millionaire for sending his child to a school because that is his basic duty as a parent. Questions will howver arise if in spite of his millions he sends his child to a mushroom school instead of giving his child the best possible education even though there may be other parents who don't send their children to school.

Let's please jettison all these foolish tribalistic sentiments and embrace the honest truth.

Capisce?
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by nwoke37: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
Just realized Lagos could be more organized if we remove keke and street traders

7 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Okoyeebos:

If you had an iota of shame and commonsense, you won't come here to type trash. You Igbos are pathetic hypocrites. How many of your Governors have you held accountable? TA Orji is the worst Governor in the history of this country. After he ruined your futures for 8 years, your fathers bestowed upon him the title of Ochendo Ndigbo.

Look at that Alapere roundabout very well, your children are coming there to hawk gala and fan yogo if you don't get out of Nairaland and hold your worthless Governors accountable.

Yet again another bigot. Are taxpayers not entitled to ask questions about executed projects? What does that have to do with a person's ethnicity? BTW I'm not even Ibo. But even if I was, as a resident and tax paying citizen of Lagos State am I not entitled to ask questions?

Why are people so childish that they cannot express their opinions with rational non emotive arguments instead of just spewing meaningless insults as if there is a lack of education in Lagos State?

As far as I'm concerned, Lagos still remains the centre of excellence and will always be but we as citizens have to hold government accountable in the discharge of their duties to ensure judicious use of public funds and not start spewing forth shameless tribalistic and nepotistic sentiments at the slightest instance.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by afroniger: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Omo, see transformation. Truly, we can transform Nigerian landscape aesthetics to be more organized, less rowdy, and pleasing to the eyes if we really want to. Kudos to A+.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:

We are not here to hear your complaints, contact Ambode directly if you are so concerned.

Foolish comment.

Is asking for the cost of executing a project a complaint? We have engineers all over nairaland. Won't it be to the credit of the Lagos State government, If the actual cost of executing the project was far less than what for another governor used to execute a similar project? Why must people view a glass as half empty instead of half full?

Why are we so defensive?

Why won't corruption continue to thrive in Nigeria with such myopic sentiments?
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Okoyeebos: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:

Yet again another bigot. Are taxpayers not entitled to ask questions about executed projects? What does that have to do with a person's ethnicity? BTW I'm not even Ibo. But even if I was, as a resident and tax paying citizen of Lagos State am I not entitled to ask questions?

Why are people so childish that they cannot express their opinions with rational non emotive arguments instead of just spewing meaningless insults as if there is a lack of education in Lagos State?

As far as I'm concerned, Lagos still remains the centre of excellence and will always be but we as citizens have to hold government accountable in the discharge of their duties to ensure judicious use of public funds and not start spewing forth shameless tribalistic and nepotistic sentiments at the slightest instance.

My friend, keep shut. How much tax do you pay in Lagos? Does Alapere sound like a name in your native tongue?

Different kinds of upcountry bushmen come to Lagos and turn to human rights activists. I repeat, go to your backwards state and hold your Governors accountable.

You're asking how much they used in paving roads in Lagos whereas in the backward state you come from the, they use Cement and mud for your roads.

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Okoyeebos:

My friend, keep shut. How much tax do you pay in Lagos? Does Alapere sound like a name in your native tongue?

Different kinds of upcountry bushmen come to Lagos and turn to human rights activists. I repeat, go to your backwards state and hold your Governors accountable.

You're asking how much they used in paving roads in Lagos whereas in the backward state you come from the, they use Cement and mud for your roads.

When people cannot use their brains to reason they descend to animalistic tendecies and start barking insults like rabid dogs.

Regardless of how much I pay (or YOU) for that matter, provided I'm required to make that payment and I do, I reserve the right to hold the government accountable. So do you bro. That is if your conscience has not been bought already.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Okoyeebos: 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:

When people cannot use their brains to reason they descend to animalistic tendecies and start barking insults like rabid dogs.

Regardless of how much I pay (or YOU) for that matter, provided I'm required to make that payment and I do, I reserve the right to hold the government accountable. So do you bro. That is if your conscience has not been bought already.

Hold your state government accountable. You're a tenant in Lagos, mind your business. You're in Lagos because of the short-sightedness of your forefathers. If they planned when their mates were planning, you won't be an economic refugee in Lagos.

Ogun is already picking up, Kano is economically viable.

Hold your state Governors accountable so that your children won't suffer in another state as you are.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Great Lessons Learnt In Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures) / Nigeria's Chibok Girls 'seen With Boko Haram In Gwoza'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.