Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout (33322 Views)

Ganduje Dollar Video Played On Edo Biggest Roundabout Billboard / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
[s]
obi58:

Foolish comment.

Is asking for the cost of executing a project a complaint? We have engineers all over nairaland. Won't it be to the credit of the Lagos State government, If the actual cost of executing the project was far less than what for another governor used to execute a similar project? Why must people view a glass as half empty instead of half full?

Why are we so defensive?

Why won't corruption continue to thrive in Nigeria with such myopic sentiments?

[/s]

akinwunmi@akinwunmiambode.com. Phone Number: 01-2914017.

Stop crying on NL with your ignorant and unintelligent gra gra.

NL is not Ambode's office and last time I checked, there are no LASG officials on NL to answer your dumbo and silly question.

I did you a favor by directing you to the right place to get your answer from.

Silly Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:
I had difficulty making sense of what you wrote because of the very poor use of English you used in conveying your statement. Needless to say I'm sure you're one of those who is a proponent of enforcing Yoruba language in schools and civil service establishments in Lagos State. More or less as usual, you're turning a basic rational demand of any law abiding tax payer into a meaningless us versus them myopic rant centred around nepotism and tribalism.

Back to your bigoted riposte....

To whom much is given much is expected... Lagos has been the highest revenue generating state for quite some time now and as such should be held to much higher levels of accountability. This is not about colour, tribe, religion or Creed. Just a simple question of judicious use of funds in the basic discharge of their responsibility as government. Just the same way tax collection and IGR generation is collected from all inhabitants of Lagos regardless of their ethnicity.

Again if your fingers were not typing faster than your comprehension, you would have seen my 'commendation' of the government for at least renovating that road amongst other projects as there are very many other governments who are doing far less. That does not mean that the government should not be held accountable for the funds at their disposal. You don't celebrate a millionaire for sending his child to a school because that is his basic duty as a parent. Questions will howver arise if in spite of his millions he sends his child to a mushroom school instead of giving his child the best possible education even though there may be other parents who don't send their children to school.

Let's please jettison all these foolish tribalistic sentiments and embrace the honest truth.

Capisce?

1. First, learn how to quote.

2. Your quote justifying akpabio's spending and project cost was from 2015 when I questioned the need and what he spent on a common Cinema (Only foolish and irresponsible governments invest in and build Cinema)

3. You defended akpabio and just like your quote from 2015 that I posted, you argued that cost was irrelevant, so why is cost relevant today in Lagos state?

Obviously, you either have a sad case of ignorance or gross hypocrisy.

4. Talking about IGR and budgets, I proved to you in that thread back in 2013 that Akpabio with just 5 million people posted larger budgets than Lagos state with 20 million people

5. For example in 2012, akpabio's budget was N522 billion while Lagos state's budget was N485 and Fashola with 20 million people still delivered more projects than akabio with just 5 million people a dozen times over

6. After akpabio's 8 years in office, he commissioned only 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 football field and 1 uncompleted hospital apart from the few roads and 1 flyover he fooled people with

7. I don't remember you asking akpabio what he did with the largest state budgets in the history of Nigeria.

You are your kind are just hate mongering bigots, bad bele losers, hypocrites and disgruntled elements.

You jokers hate the fact that Lagos state is putting your backward villages and village leaders to shame

https://www.nairaland.com/1313668/akpabio-commission-30-new-projects/3

^^^^^^^The thread where I schooled you back in 2013

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2018

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When was the last time you silly Igbos demanded accountability for the abomination and absurdity bridge above?

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
obi58:

When people cannot use their brains to reason they descend to animalistic tendecies and start barking insults like rabid dogs.

Regardless of how much I pay (or YOU) for that matter, provided I'm required to make that payment and I do, I reserve the right to hold the government accountable. So do you bro. That is if your conscience has not been bought already.

obi58:
Eko ile- am still expecting your response to М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ earlier post.

Meanwhile, back to the matter regardless of the amount spent are the state inhabitants complaining of such an expenditure on an entertainment park? The project provides JOBS and a place to visit at the weekends!correct me if I'm mistaken but ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ tourism not another means of revenue geneRation? Just take a look at dubai? What's Ųя beef? That with your 320billion IGR Ųя governor ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ yet to provide a credible alternative to your 3rd mainland bridge? And you re regularly stuck in Ųя car (or danfo)in hold ups wishin ΰ could be awarded a contract in aks?

I'll keep showing you own own lies and hypocrisy.

When I challenged you back in 2013 about akpabio and what he spent on a needless cinema, you said we should not ask about cost and you defended the rubbish cinema instead.

So, why is cost such a big issue to you when it comes to Lagos state?

Or you only reserve the rights to question other states and not your own village where even though akpabio budgeted more money than Lags state and the rest of Nigeria, but he commissioned on 1 football field, 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 uncompleted hospital, a few roads and 1 flyover.

Of what use and relevance are you to your own state if you can not ask any questions about cost and lack of projects to justify akpabio's largest budget in the history of Nigeria?

Silly hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
I'd love to see any of these silly Igbos for once in their miserable lives demand accountability from their useless and project-less village governors.

They will die over Lagos, they will commit suicide over Osun state, but never on their back and substandard and death trap project states.

Bunch of losers..

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:

1. First, learn how to quote. I think it's better not to quote correctly than to speak bad English any day any time. Don't you think so too? grin

2. Your quote justifying akpabio's spending and project cost was from 2015 when I questioned the need and what he spent on a common Cinema (Only foolish and irresponsible governments invest in and build Cinema)
Wise man please ask why Dubai is spending so much on tourism perhaps they too are also foolish.

3. You defended akpabio and just like your quote from 2015 that I posted, you argued that cost was irrelevant, so why is cost relevant today in Lagos state?

Obviously, you either have a sad case of ignorance or gross hypocrisy.

4. Talking about IGR and budgets, I proved to you in that thread back in 2013 that Akpabio with just 5 million people posted larger budgets than Lagos state with 20 million people

5. For example in 2012, akpabio's budget was N522 billion while Lagos state's budget was N485 and Fashola with 20 million people still delivered more projects than akabio with just 5 million people a dozen times over.
Can you name some of those mega projects Lagos executed with their jumbo monthly allocations and IGR sir? How has life improved development wise per capita in Lagos with refuse strewn across the roads and land use charge?

6. After akpabio's 8 years in office, he commissioned only 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 football field and 1 uncompleted hospital apart from the few roads and 1 flyover he fooled people with

Typical APC propaganda as usual: like I said 5 years ago you need to visit Akwa Ibom so that the scales will fall out of your eyes and you will start asking what your government is doing with yearly IGR of 1trillion naira except enriching few at the expense of the majority, conducting a sprinkling of substandard projects as protective colouring and keeping the vast majority of people in adversity and penury.

7. I don't remember you asking akpabio what he did with the largest state budgets in the history of Nigeria.

You are your kind are just hate mongering bigots, bad bele losers, hypocrites and disgruntled elements.
Pot calling kettle black! Simple question how much was spent?

You jokers hate the fact that Lagos state is putting your backward villages and village leaders to shame
Tribalistic rant as usual.... Meanwhile I'm sure you visit other states and expect to be treated well there?

https://www.nairaland.com/1313668/akpabio-commission-30-new-projects/3

^^^^^^^The thread where I schooled you back in 2013

Wow... 5 years later and you still have not been able to comprehend what I wrote.... Hmmm who needs school? And who schooled who? Please read that post again bro

Anyways, this is not about Lagos and Akwa Ibom. I just asked how much was used to execute said project. Stop blowing hot air like an overheating radiator.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
[s]
obi58:

Wow... 5 years later and you still have not been able to comprehend what I wrote.... Hmmm who needs school? And who schooled who? Please read that post again bro

Anyways, this is not about Lagos and Akwa Ibom. I just asked how much was used to execute said project. Stop blowing hot air like an overheating radiator.
[/s]

obi58:
Eko ile- am still expecting your response to М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ earlier post.

Meanwhile, back to the matter regardless of the amount spent are the state inhabitants complaining of such an expenditure on an entertainment park? The project provides JOBS and a place to visit at the weekends!correct me if I'm mistaken but ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ tourism not another means of revenue geneRation? Just take a look at dubai? What's Ųя beef? That with your 320billion IGR Ųя governor ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ yet to provide a credible alternative to your 3rd mainland bridge? And you re regularly stuck in Ųя car (or danfo)in hold ups wishin ΰ could be awarded a contract in aks?

When I challenged you back in 2013 about akpabio and what he spent on a needless cinema, you said we should not ask about cost and you defended the rubbish cinema instead.

Or you only reserve the rights to question other states and not your own village where even though akpabio budgeted more money than Lags state and the rest of Nigeria, but he commissioned on 1 football field, 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 uncompleted hospital, a few roads and 1 flyover.

Of what use and relevance are you to your own state if you can not ask any questions about cost and lack of projects to justify akpabio's largest budget in the history of Nigeria?

Silly hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:

[b]I'll keep showing you own own lies and hypocrisy.

Mehnnnnnn you are just a typical black calling the kettle black. Tell the truth and let it set you free from Nepotism and Tribalism!

Go and read what I wrote then again. This time slowly so you can understand what I wrote. There is no part of Akwa Ibom that was not covered by the government of the day with projects that would stand the test of time! How does that translate to a defence of cost?

So, why is cost such a big issue to you when it comes to Lagos state? Ignorance truly is bliss. Asking about the cost of a project does that automatically mean that the project was inflated? Oga abeg park well.

Invitation to Akwa Ibom is still available. I'm sure if you visit you will be ashamed of the highly ignorant comments you made and keep making about the state. Development is everywhere for everyone to see even the bigoted ones like you. We will be very happy to host you.

Of what use and relevance are you to your own state if you can not ask any questions about cost and lack of projects to justify akpabio's largest budget in the history of Nigeria? Ignorant comment... Please visit the state and stop displaying your ignorance for all and sundry. Do you know how many roads were constructed in Akpabio's 8 years and not by one mushroom construction company o! By Julius Berger? I'm still asking if till now your 1 trillion naira a year government has been able to construct an alternative to the Third Mainland Bridge or more simply put a stop to the agbero and omonile miscreants littering the state all around and inflicting more hardship on honest, industrious and well meaning taxpayers? Why are you trying to make this about tribe?

Silly hypocrite.[/b] One word for you BIGOT and an ignorant one at that

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Silly hypocrite.

Funny enough Im not from Akwa Ibom or Lagos but I've lived in both and without a shadow of doubt, development per capita is far greater than in Lagos. In case you don't understand what that means, it means a better standard of life is accessible to the common man in Akwa Ibom than Lagos where the government is spending the vast majority of funds to transform the wealtheir sections of the state like Lekki at the expense of the poorer sections like Ikotun.

You know what? I don't think you are a true Lagosian born and bred. Lagosians are way more balanced, exposed and well rounded. Probably youre one of those Aregbesola misfits seeking political handouts and relevance.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
[s]
obi58:

Funny enough Im not from Akwa Ibom or Lagos but I've lived in both and without a shadow of doubt, development per capita is far greater than in Lagos. In case you don't understand what that means, it means a better standard of life is accessible to the common man in Akwa Ibom than Lagos where the government is spending the vast majority of funds to transform the wealtheir sections of the state like Lekki at the expense of the poorer sections like Ikotun.

You know what? I don't think you are a true Lagosian born and bred. Lagosians are way more balanced,a exposed and well rounded. Probably youre one of those Aregbesola misfits seeking political handouts and relevance.
[/s]

Sadly for you and your ignorant, unintelligent and hypocritical rubbish, where you are from is even irrelevant, the issue here is you in one breath defending akpabio building a cinema and lambasting people for questioning the cost, but fast forward to today, all of a sudden you have every right to question projects and cost in Lagos state.

You are not only a damn hypocrite, you are a silly lair.

Please keep quiet, you have zero credibility.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
hypertension:
And so?

I dont see anyone praising me for going to my job diligently.

That is Government work, so why praise someone for what he is supposed to do.

However, it is a fine job and planning. Just wish imaginary billions have not been siphoned already.

If it's imaginary, it never happened/unreal
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo is winning, he's raised credible points but it's not really about who wins. Obi58 is much more enlightened than he/she was in 2013 and 2015 when the comments on AKS were made, it's well documented that Akpabio's project sums were overbloated.

You both have good heads with sound analytical skills, put them to better use rather than going at each other like this. Best wishes.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Sadly for you and your ignorant, unintelligent and hypocritical rubbish, where you are from is even irrelevant, the issue here is you in one breath defending akpabio building a cinema and lambasting people for questioning the cost, but fast forward to today, all of a sudden you have every right to question projects and cost in Lagos state.

You are not only a damn hypocrite, you are a silly lair.

Please keep quiet, you have zero credibility.

Yeah yeah... Call me crazy Call me fool... What again?

Whatever rings your bell Olodo. Joining words with a one dimensional plank like you is akin to asking a blind man to tell you the time. If you still don't understand the economic impact of that cinema which till today is still a tourist destination then why am I wasting words on you. That should not translate to not holding any government accountable for the judicious use of public funds or otherwise. That is a citizen's Civic duty.

QED
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
[s]
obi58:

Yeah yeah... Call me crazy Call me fool... What again?

Whatever rings your bell Olodo. Joining words with a one dimensional plank like you is akin to asking a blind man to tell you the time. If you still don't understand the economic impact of that cinema which till today is still a tourist destination then why am I wasting words on you. That should not translate to not holding any government accountable for the judicious use of public funds or otherwise. That is a citizen's Civic duty.

QED
[/s]

obi58:

Pls stay in Lagos. We don't need haters in akwa ibom. Yes its not perfect but its definitely moving in the right direction. Even an elementary econOmist knws that infrastRuctural development ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ the key to investment.

Liar, ignorant and unintelligent hypocrite. I thought you are not from akwa ibom

Silly hypocrite, see your life.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Lucid1:
deomelo is winning, he's raised credible points but it's not really about who wins. Obi58 is much more enlightened than he/she was in 2013 and 2015 when the comments on AKS were made, it's well documented that Akpabio's project sums were overbloated.

You both have good heads with sound analytical skills, put them to better use rather than going at each other like this. Best wishes.

Perhaps Akpabio's projects were bloated but NOBODY can fault the quality of the product which were done to the highest possible standards. He transformed every inch of the state! From awarded contracts, to world class roads, to state of the art facilities.... He touched lives. Till date Akwa Ibom remains a land of opportunity.

The question in 2013 was about the economic significance of the cinema which in my opinion was highly ludicrous in this age of tourism development. It was not about the cost of executing that project. And even then I acknowledged the fact that even if funds were misappropriated, the dividends of democracy was available to all and sundry.

That does not detract from the fact that tax paying citizens reserve the right to ask questions about how public funds are spent. This is not about ethnicity or tribe and anyone who makes it about that should be ashamed. Today, nairaland is strewn by careless comments along ethnic lines and people choose to be emotive instead of address issues rationally.

This I think is the basis for the FOI bill.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by obi58: 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Liar, ignorant and unintelligent hypocrite. I thought you are not from akwa ibom

Silly hypocrite, see your life.

Mehnnnnnn see your life Why not quote where I invited you to Akwa Ibom to see the dividends of democracy for yourself Pot calling kettle black.

By the way the invitation is still open o. grin
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Cunnilingus(m): 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Jokers. Inside the streets are death trap. That's my hood
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2018
obi58:

Perhaps Akpabio's projects were bloated but NOBODY can fault the quality of the product which were done to the highest possible standards. He transformed every inch of the state! From awarded contracts, to world class roads, to state of the art facilities.... He touched lives. Till date Akwa Ibom remains a land of opportunity.

The question in 2013 was about the economic significance of the cinema which in my opinion was highly ludicrous in this age of tourism development. It was not about the cost of executing that project. And even then I acknowledged the fact that even if funds were misappropriated, the dividends of democracy was available to all and sundry.

That does not detract from the fact that tax paying citizens reserve the right to ask questions about how public funds are spent. This is not about ethnicity or tribe and anyone who makes it about that should be ashamed. Today, nairaland is strewn by careless comments along ethnic lines and people choose to be emotive instead of address issues rationally.

This I think is the basis for the FOI bill.

To start with, there's nothing like dividend of democracy if at the end of the day and trillions of naira, all akpabio gave the people of akwa ibom was a few roads, 1 cinema, I football field, 1 library.

Can you even list 10 akpabio projects including the roads and flyover.?

Sadly, you know zero about the same akwa ibom you are ruining your mouth about.

You are too ignorant for your own good.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by Rosskii: 12:12am On Mar 27, 2018
Nice project. Not sure why they keep adding that black and white painting to the kerbs. Seems unnecessary. Also, more needs to be done on Lagos roads in general. These projects are just a tip of the iceberg. Every single street in Lagos should look like that, not just roundabouts, junctions and major roads.
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by deomelo: 12:13am On Mar 27, 2018
[s]
obi58:

Mehnnnnnn see your life Why not quote where I invited you to Akwa Ibom to see the dividends of democracy for yourself Pot calling kettle black.

By the way the invitation is still open o. grin
[/s]

There is nothing in that village for me to waste my time on besides a few roads, 1 cinema, 1 flyover, 1 library and 1 football field.

Apart from your many problems, you have mediocrity issues too
Re: PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout by macsilver(m): 1:52am On Mar 27, 2018
Youziz:
CCTV Spy Recording Pen. Get this quality CCTV Spy recording pen. This pen can video,audio,and can snap pictures secretly without no one knowing. The pen is good for business negotiations, crime investigation, secret recording, evidence for court. Price is #12.000. To buy pls call the phone number below .Pay on delivery is available to all States in Nigeria.

Nice one, but first off, how many mega pixels? Don’t leave that vital information out on any advert in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Commander Attacks Usman Durkwa Convoy's Deputy During Osinbajo's Visit / Northern Lawmakers Insist Region Must Retain Presidency In 2023 / Lagosians Speak On Which Candidate They're Voting For - BlackberryBabes.TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.