Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities (1504 Views)

Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / Ibrahim Waziri Jnr: The HND Graduate From Nigeria Who Earned A Phd In America / Victory Onya Njah Has First Class Bsc Economics In UNIJOS, The First Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good day house

Is it possible for one who possesses a B.sc and M.Sc finance to run a PhD in Economics in our tertiary institutions?
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Weezyclan(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
Yes. But you need a strong math background
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thank you for your response

As long as the schools are not insisting that it must be M.sc economics before PhD in Economics, it's fine
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Mizwisdom(f): 8:48am On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:
Good day house

Is it possible for one who possesses a B.sc and M.Sc finance to run a PhD in Economics in our tertiary institutions?

Why are you interested in doing your PHD in a Nigerian university?
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 8:54am On Apr 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Why are you interested in doing your PHD in a Nigerian university?
that was before
not anymore.
I have been warned against it cheesy
Have you heard me talk about it again? tongue
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Mizwisdom(f): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

that was before
not anymore.
I have been warned against it cheesy
Have you heard me talk about it again? tongue
For someone like you, it's weird that you even considered it tongue
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

For someone like you, it's weird that you even considered it tongue

Ah

that time I had a relative who wanted to hook me with a good academic job in a private uni (it appealed to me then, as I saw it as an opportunity to get some academic clout, and ultimately travel to another country to work there as a real academic o, because I know one day I will be in the classroom in future)

But the requirement is that you have to be enrolled in your PhD at least, to be even considered *can you imagine*

But right now, I'm not interested again

I'd rather go to Russia now
or msybe China
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Mizwisdom(f): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

Ah

that time I had a relative who wanted to hook me with a good academic job in a private uni (it appealed to me then, as I saw it as an opportunity to get some academic clout, and ultimately travel to another country to work there as a real academic o, because I know one day I will be in the classroom in future)

But the requirement is that you have to be enrolled in your PhD at least, to be even considered *can you imagine*

But right now, I'm not interested again

I'd rather go to Russia now
or msybe China

It was only last year, don't make it look like a decade ago cheesy throughout that time you were still condemning our educational system, calling it useless. Yet you go behind everyone to apply for job. Ugo, why na? you're not sincere sad
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Ugosample(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

It was only last year, don't make it look like a decade ago cheesy throughout that time you were still condemning our educational system, calling it useless. Yet you go behind everyone to apply for job. Ugo, why na? you're not sincere sad

it was just last year, SO WHAT?

Trust me, it was a good opportunity and IF I had formally applied/shown interest/taken it, it would have paid off big big time, and launched me into that space (man know man sweet when you are the beneficial of it, lmao)

But I did not

So let the matter rest

besides it was just an enquiry

Did I show keen interest like my life depends on it?

and yes indeed, it still does not change my perception of the educational system in NiggerArea
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by Grateful007: 9:39pm On May 28, 2020
Ugosample:

it was just last year, SO WHAT?

Trust me, it was a good opportunity and IF I had formally applied/shown interest/taken it, it would have paid off big big time, and launched me into that space (man know man sweet when you are the beneficial of it, lmao)

But I did not

So let the matter rest

besides it was just an enquiry

Did I show keen interest like my life depends on it?

and yes indeed, it still does not change my perception of the educational system in NiggerArea
I miss you
Re: Can One With An M.sc Finance Run A Phd In Economics In Nigerian Universities by dep07(f): 11:28am On May 31, 2020
Hello Ugosample, Please I sent you a pm,I really need some information about Ivory coast.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

7 Proven Tricks To Improve Your Brain / ABU Bans Hug On Campus. / This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.