Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria (1508 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by beejayvince(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
Towards the ending of September 2018, Nigeria’s best private University, Covenant University, took a leap to become the highest ranked University in Nigeria. This ranking was by the Times Higher Education (THE), the body behind the world’s most influential University ranking, with almost five decades of experience in the field of insight and analysis into higher education.

According to the ranking released by the THE on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, Covenant University is not only the best in Nigeria. The Private University, established about 16 years ago, has also become the first Nigerian University to make it into the 601-800 bracket of the best Universities in the world. In fact, it could be the first African University to achieve this feat in such a short period of existence.
Covenant University’s Vision 10:2022 involves becoming one of the top 10 Universities in the world by the year 2022. This new ranking by the THE shows that the University is actually working toward that goal. In fact, in a bid to rev up the University’s drive towards the fulfilment of the vision, the administration introduced the “ReCITe Agenda”, which will entail a research-intensive approach.

Apart from becoming the best University in Nigeria at the moment, Covenant University also recently set a new record of over 600 publications so far in 2018. The University also boasts of 40% of top 20 Authors in Nigeria.
Covenant University was established in 2002 by Dr David Oyedepo, the Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, one of the biggest Churches in Nigeria. Since inception, the University has lived up to the aspirations of its Founder. It has been known for quality teaching, cutting edge research, amazing innovations, and impactful community development programmes. Over the years, it has been recognised as the best Private University in Nigeria. It was also recently recognised as the University with the Most Employable Graduates among Nigerian Universities.

This goes to show that Nigeria is not all that terrible a country. In fact, there are lots of amazing facts about Nigeria that you probably didn’t know. It’s a good thing that Covenant University has further placed Nigeria on a good spot in the eyes of the world.

Source: https://www.nigerianindex.com/private-university-best-university-nigeria/

Cc:
Dominique
Lalasticlala

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
This is a sign that the crowd will not always be right.

In Nigeria before private universities came the best school was the one most notorious for having the largest crowd supporting it.
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by samson147(m): 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Very much expected.. kudos to Convenant University
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2018
We all know which school it would be. @HigherEd
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 16, 2018
Good one!
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by FrostyButter: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
Normally grin wink

Jokes apart you need to attend covenant university and see how people work like human beings. Once you step into that gate it's like you are in another world. Dicipline, order and proper manners. Truly God is there.

See lecturers so dedicated, students so dedicated. No time for rubbish or waste of time. Either you're at the library or in chapel or at lectures or at the cafeteria. A proper model for what education should be like. Truly raising a new generation of leaders.

1 Like

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by Alexaonfleek: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
I smell some lies here sha.covenant university...best in Nigeria ke what happened to oau and ui?the university hasn't even been accredited some courses
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by FrostyButter: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
I smell some lies here sha.covenant university...best in Nigeria ke what happened to oau and ui?the university hasn't even been accredited some courses

CU hasn't been accredited in some courses cheesy
cheesy where did you get that information?

angry I hate people that convert beer palour gist to facts and state them with confidence.
PS: cheesy I'm still waiting for where you got that information.

2 Likes

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by Alexaonfleek: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
FrostyButter:

CU hasn't been accredited in some courses cheesy
cheesy where did you get that information?

angry I hate people that convert beer palour gist to facts and state them with confidence.
PS: cheesy I'm still waiting for where you got that information.
I wonder when cu started offering medicine and law
They haven't been accredited some courses
I stand to be corrected tho.
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by FrostyButter: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
Alexaonfleek:

So a university has to offer medicine and law to be top rated? Oh my days. Lmao

Have you heard of MIT? They don't offer the above. Lord knows where you got that 'knowledge' from.

About accreditation, you are equally wrong. Take time to know things before saying them in public or posting on a public forum like this. Chao.

1 Like

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by Alexaonfleek: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
FrostyButter:

So a university has to offer medicine and law to be top rated? Oh my days. Lmao

Have you heard of MIT? They don't offer the above. Lord knows where you got that 'knowledge' from.

About accreditation, you are equally wrong. Take time to know things before saying them in public or posting on a public forum like this. Chao.
OK I'm sorry tho I admit I am wrong about that but that doesn't make them the best uni in Nigeria
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by FrostyButter: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
OK I'm sorry tho I admit I am wrong about that but that doesn't make them the best uni in Nigeria

Have you been there before? Have you tried to find out the reasons why they are there? Have you interacted with any alumnus from the institution? Do you k ow how they run? Do you know what makes an institution the best? These are questions you should seek answers to with an open mind.

1 Like

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by HigherEd: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
Covenant university and AUN are the only two notable universities founded before 2010 that never lost an accreditation. Pls be guided.

Also, Princeton an ivy league does not offer medicine yet it is a top notch university...

2 Likes

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
So offering medicine and law is now a good gauge for school standard?
Take the hatred and jealousy easy man. UI and OAU featured in the ranking and didn't perform better than Covenant so stop adjusting your perception of things to appeal to your ego, it amounts to delusion.

2 Likes

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by Alexaonfleek: 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Please I never said the university isn't good.I just said that it isn't the best in Nigeria. Its good,I'll have to give them credit for that but it isn't the best in Nigeria
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 5:56am On Oct 19, 2018
Alexaonfleek:

Like which and which sir?
Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 5:59am On Oct 19, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
Please I never said the university isn't good.I just said that it isn't the best in Nigeria. Its good,I'll have to give them credit for that but it isn't the best in Nigeria

Okay why sir?

Which other schools are better than it and By what indices are they better than it?

2 Likes

Re: This Private University Is Currently The Best University In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
You now know how how to rank schools from your android tablet more than Times Higher Education abi ?
Please tell us some of your ranking criteria and how you had access to the schools in Nigeria.

Tell us or I will conclude the guy who accused you of converting beer parlour gist to fact is right.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose The Right Course And Institution Before Writing JAMB / A Matlab Assignment Helper That Loves To Be Challenged / Pls Can I Study Law With This Results Maths Lit Crs Yor En Civic Textile Governm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.