Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigeria Have A Brazilian Goalkeeper How Can Help Us To Solve Goalkeeper Problem - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Have A Brazilian Goalkeeper How Can Help Us To Solve Goalkeeper Problem (1152 Views)

Liverpool Signs Another Brazilian Goalkeeper, Marcelo Pitaluga / Real Madrid Agree To Personal Terms With Brazilian Goalkeeper Alisson / Choirul Huda: Indonesian Goalkeeper Dies After Collision With Team-mate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Have A Brazilian Goalkeeper How Can Help Us To Solve Goalkeeper Problem by Lilpacshacor: 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nigerian born goalkeeper Phillip Ejimadu has been called up to the USA under 20 football team.

Ejimadu was given birth to in Minneapolis, Minnesota to a Nigerian father and Brazilian mother, hence his eligibility to represent Nigeria, Brazil or the USA.

The United States Soccer Federation however have extended an invitation to Ejimadu in a bid to pledge his allegiance to the senior national team of the USA.

Head Coach of the USA under 20 men’s team Tab Ramos, included Ejimadu among the 25 players for their friendly matches in Spain.

Ejimadu who plays for Nacional Atlético Clube will have to compete with Brady Scott of FC Köln and CJ Dos Santos of S.L. Benfica for a starting shirt.

Philip Ejimadu

» more 18-year-old Nigerian goalkeeper Phillip Ejimadu called up by USA U-20 team (Philip Ejimadu Facebook)

In an interview with nacionalacsp the youngster who has lived in Brazil since the age of seven expressed his delight with being called up by the USA.

He said, ''I thank God for the opportunity I am having to play for my national team.”

The 18-year-old then recounted how the USA Followed up on his progress after a not to impressive outing at the 2018 São Paulo Cup.

Phillip Ejimadu

» more Philip Ejimadu is born to a Nigerian father and Brazilian mother (Phillip Ejimadu)

He said, ''They saw me play in the 2018 São Paulo Cup . Unfortunately the Naça team did not do well,”

“But I was one of the highlights of the team and the Club ended up receiving a letter from the North American team requesting that I introduce myself in order to play some friendly matches in Spain.”

Like RB Leipzig's Ademola Lookman and other Nigerian boys that have featured for other countries at age grade level, Ejimadu still remains eligible to represent the Super Eagles of Nigeria even though he has been called up by the USA under 20 team.

Phillip Ejimadu and his American under 20 teammates will take on France and Atletico Madrid’s U-21 team on March 21 and March 23 respectively.
Re: Nigeria Have A Brazilian Goalkeeper How Can Help Us To Solve Goalkeeper Problem by philGeo(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2018
NFF, please catch him now with friendly games.
Re: Nigeria Have A Brazilian Goalkeeper How Can Help Us To Solve Goalkeeper Problem by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
Thesupernerd ever heard of this guy??

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Brags About How Super Eagle's Jerseys Floods London Nike Town / Mourinho: Nigeria Played Mikel In Wrong Role / Download Video: Huddersfield Town Vs Chelsea FC 0-3 2018/19 EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.