Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Osun And Akwa Ibom States: Let's Discuss This Anomaly Observed By Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun And Akwa Ibom States: Let's Discuss This Anomaly Observed By Me (1073 Views)

How Students Observed Social Distancing During An Examination In Anambra (Video) / Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? / Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun And Akwa Ibom States: Let's Discuss This Anomaly Observed By Me by maasoap(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2018
According National Population Commission, Osun State and Akwa Ibom State have roughly the same population in terms of human.

Now, look at the revenue of the two states in 2017:
Osun State: N16 billion
Akwa Ibom State: N159 billion
Approximately *10 of Osun State annual revenue. It has been like that for many years.

Debt:
Osun Total Debt: N234 billion
Akwa Ibom State: N237 billion

Sustainability Index:
Osun State: 2.81 (ranked 35th out of 36 states)
Akwa Ibom State: 7.74 (ranked 6th out of 36 states)

Now here comes the most shocking and confusing part which I will like intelligent and smart people to say something about: Unemployment rate
Osun State: 5.3 (second least rate)
Akwa Ibom State: 36.3 (second highest rate)

What could have been the cause of this anomaly, people?

Re: Osun And Akwa Ibom States: Let's Discuss This Anomaly Observed By Me by fantasticone1(m): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2018
Always ibom is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria, meaning you can't compare the two states in terms of internally generated revenue.
OP, I'm from Osun state and I took park in the last census. I can tell you that the census was full of lies because personally, I was counted thrice. Osun state isn't as populated as Akwa ibom state.
But you know the whahala of Nigerian economy, oil producing revenue isn't properly disbursed. I think that's where the problem is. Corrupt people are diverting the funds into some other places (you know what I mean)...
I'm sure that a state like Akwa Ibam is self sufficient like Lagos, but that's if the funds are well maintained
As for the employment rate, majority of workers in Osun state are civil servants ( with low pay). Compared to the original population, people do opt in for low paying jobs which is easier to find.
The employment rate data maybe correct but the pay is damn too low..
Re: Osun And Akwa Ibom States: Let's Discuss This Anomaly Observed By Me by maasoap(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
fantasticone1:
Always ibom is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria, meaning you can't compare the two states in terms of internally generated revenue.
OP, I'm from Osun state and I took park in the last census. I can tell you that the census was full of lies because personally, I was counted thrice. Osun state isn't as populated as Akwa ibom state.
But you know the whahala of Nigerian economy, oil producing revenue isn't properly disbursed. I think that's where the problem is. Corrupt people are diverting the funds into some other places (you know what I mean)...
I'm sure that a state like Akwa Ibam is self sufficient like Lagos, but that's if the funds are well maintained
As for the employment rate, majority of workers in Osun state are civil servants ( with low pay). Compared to the original population, people do opt in for low paying jobs which is easier to find.
The employment rate data maybe correct but the pay is damn too low..
If you are counted three times in Osun State, nothing can make us think that someone in Akwa Ibom State wasn't counted five times?
It shouldn't surprise you that most oil producing states have higher number of civil servants and political office holders than many states in the SW.
Personally, I believe that successive governors in the Niger Delta region are responsible for underdevelopment and higher unemployment rates through massive lootings of resources.

(1) (Reply)

AZ-300 Exam Practice Test Questions PDF | Actual AZ-300 Dumps Pdf / Kwara State Polytechnic Best Students / When Will 2019/2020 Yabatech Ond/hnd Form Program Likely Be Available Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.