Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,318 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

The Unspoken Words Of A House Help - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Unspoken Words Of A House Help (723 Views)

A Thousand Unspoken Words / The Unspoken Words Of A Grumbling Child: A Short Story / Local Champion.... Tale Of A House Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unspoken Words Of A House Help by Rubyventures: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2018
I'm a house girl..Well, that's what they call me...But my name is Ayo...But in my life, there is no joy...Although there is no joy...I have to smile and act like all is well....My Oga forgets my name most times..When I hear him shout...Omo yii da? I know he's looking for me..To do one work or the other..Work work work is all I do..I have no life...I am just a house help...My madam cannot do without me...The only thing I don't do is bathe her...I have been loyal to her...But she treats me like a rag...And if I dare look at her husband's face when I greet him...She thinks I want to snatch him...Madam's children are treated like PRINCESSES...I am a slave for these children...Although they are same age as me...They wear pretty clothes...I have no choice but to wait for their clothes to become rags..,.Before they will dash me to wear...Gate man and driver think I am their automatic entitlement...Just because I am a house girl...Why do people think that house helps will sleep with driver or gateman?Just because I am a house help... Does not mean I have no respect for my self...Life has not been kind to me....Misfortune has followed me from the day I was born....If I had a choice in life...I would never choose the life that I have... Everyone treats me less than a human...But I have no right to complain...People call you different names...I am the only one that knows who I really am...House helps are seen as witches, thieves, husband snatchers, gateman's girlfriend, driver's girls, slaves etc But God knows who I am...This house can't function without me...Yet no one respects me...I am the first to rise in the morning and the last to go to bed..But no one ever asks how I'm coping..Life is cruel I must say...I hate to wake another day...Before you treat me the way you do..Remember I have feelings just like you...

* PLEASE SHARE THIS POST IF YOU ARE AGAINST THE MISTREATMENT OF HOUSE HELPS. PERHAPS SOMEONE WILL BE TOUCHED THAT HAS NEVER CONSIDERED THEIR HOUSE HELP.

Every day they are mistreated, beaten, raped and even killed...
They may have no voice but we can speak up for them by sharing this post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Great Copywriter? / Gidi Readers Club - Whatsapp Group / A Cockroach In My Cupboard - A Short Romantic Story By Fasthint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.