Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Finding Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Love (727 Views)

I Need Help Finding This Books / Finding Love Again: Left At The Altar, Will She Ever Take A Chance At Love Again / Is There An Age Limit To Finding Love? Find Out In Love Me Unconditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2018
[b][/b]This is my first story on nairaland. Your support is highly welcome and your criticism as well.

Comments are like awards to a writer. Be it constructive or not. So do so well to leave a comment behind. Muçhas grãcias

I chose to write in episodes and not not chapters because I view this story as a web series and not an actual novel.
Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
[b][/b]Finding love

Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
©Copyright 2018 by Mukky Chapter Mukhtar, All rights reserved.
No part of this guide may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means,
including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the
Author. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a published
review.

ABOUT
A boy who receives a mysterious message from an unknown sender. When he tries finding out the source of the message, he finds himself caught up in a scandal which turns his world upside down.

************* The story is a fast read*************
Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
EPISODE 1

When love comes knocking, no one actually expects it, and same could be said for me.
One eventful evening after class, I was in the library, surfing the net with the school wifi, when an inbox entered my phone. It was from an anonymous sender. The message read.

"Before I met you, I was sad
After I met you I got hope
But until we become lovers can I be happy.
Mukky I love u"

I re-read the message over twelve times before closing it began processing images of the girls in my class and which of them it could possibly be. The girl that lingered on in my mind was Tifé, she was my long time crush, a secret known only to me. We never talked. Her league was way out of mine so all I did was secretly admire her.
The other girl who lingered in my mind too for a while was Hannah, her skin was deformed from a fire incident when she was a little girl and she limped when she walked, another deformity the fire caused. I had noticed her stealing glances at me in the past and prayed to God it shouldn't be that she liked me. I didn't hate her, it was just that she was the brunt of ridicule and tease, me being friends (or more than friend) meant we would both be sharing the ridicule. And I believe I wasn't cut out for that.
Then another girl crossed my mind, Bumni. It was believed that the girl suffered from slight madness. Sometimes she would be very quiet and just staring at the distance, other time she would be shouting and jumping and dancing (even when there was no music). I couldn't still understand why she popped into my head, maybe it was the fact that she was overtly nice to me.
So I wished deep down the message wasn't from Hannah or Bumni. It could be any other girl but not them.

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2018
EPISODE 2

The next day at school, I spent it looking for clues on who might possibly have sent the message to me. I looked at every girl who passed me by to see if they were staring at me or at least stealing glances from the corner of their eyes. None was.
I showed no one the message cos guys in my school were also gossipers and back stabbers. And since I had no best friend, I thought it best to keep it to myself.
I couldn't stay focused for class that day, I was staring at the chalk board like everyone else but my mind was far away. It was busy processing images of every girl it could come by and bringing back occurrences I must have had with them which could suggest they may be crushing on me but still this attempt was futile.
A thought struck me as we neared the end of the class for the day. I picked my phone and typed "let's meet up" then sent it to the anonymous sender. Almost immediately, a message popped up on my screen,  saying,  "choose a place"

"Let's meet up at the library", I replied. The library actually crossed my mind unexpectedly. But maybe it was due to the fact that it was the place where all these started.

Few seconds later, she replied with "OK".

I hurried to the library and sat myself not too far from the entrance so I could see who came in or went out. Occasionally as I flip through the leaves of the book in front of me, I also glanced at the door. Over twenty minutes later, Hannah walked in. My heartbeat increased. She was walking in my direction. I wished I had super powers which could teleport me away, far away. Knowing this wasn't possible, I made up my mind to excuse myself the moment she sat beside me.
Lucky for me, she walked pass me and sat at a very far angle from where I was and buried her head in a textbook.
I waited for a few more minutes but still she wasn't here. I messaged her, "where are you, I have been waiting"
A reply popped up, "sorry ....... plans changed, come meet me in the class. I am all alone there"
I packed my bag and left for the class.

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
two episodes down already. Two more unloading smiley
Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
EPISODE 3

When I got to the class, Tifé was the only one there. She sat at the far end of the class and her back was resting on the wall. She was busy on her phone. When I walked in, she looked away from her phone and fixed her gaze on me.
For a split second, the world stopped around me and all I did was stare at her as I couldn't still believe Tifé the girl who always ignored me actually was crushing on me. It was like a miracle. It was a dream come true. I didn't know, but a smile crept onto my lips and I approached her.

"Hey, I got your message", I said, sounding as cool as I can.

"Which message?", she asked.

Her reply cut right through my heart. I began to feel she wasn't actually the one sending me those messages, it had to be someone else. As much as I tried to believe that, I also thought maybe she was just trying to joke with me. I chose to believe it was the latter.

"You sent me a message just now to meet you in the class?"

She dropped her phone on the table, stared me deep in the eye then asked, "did I?"

I gave up hope that she was the one. "Never mind I must be mistaken", I said and turned to leave.

"Wait!", she exclaimed and I turned to look at her."what did the message say?", she asked.

Should I tell her it was a love message or should I just ignore her and keep walking, I asked myself this. But I did neither, instead, I asked her "why do you ask?"

"Just show me. I think I can help you out"

Deep within i had this feeling that she wasn't the sender of the message but was just messing around with me, but as there ate two sides to everything, another feeling erupted in me that she was the sender of the message but just trying to tease me a little. In the end I showed her the message.
She burst out laughing.

"Really.....  Do you think I will send you this kind of message. Of all people what makes you think I will choose you to send this message to. Boy, search further to know who this mysterious crush of yours is"

If she had just said she wasn't the one, I might have endured getting very much heartbroken but the fact that she added she could never ever send me this message was what brought down my defenses. I felt stupid. I felt played and regretted ever showing her and even knowing her. I hated the sender of that message too. I hated everything and everyone. I left Tifé. Tears threatened my eyes, but I fought it back as much as I could but when I got home, the resistance was weak. I gave up and let the tears fall. When I found my phone lying beside me. I picked it and deleted the message then flung my phone away from me. It was an evil artifact to me now and a reminder of my woes. I resumed sobbing 'cos it was the only solitude I could embrace.
Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2018
Episode 4 unloading..........
..... cool
Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
EPISODE 4

The next day in school was the worst of my schooling years. Tifé had told everyone what happened yesterday. I was now famous, but for the wrong reasons. Anywhere I passed, people pointed fingers at me or they directed their stare at me.
I tried not to let it get to me but I failed in that. I spent the whole day in the class. All the lectures we were given didn't stay in my head. I hated the teachers and this was my first time of noticing how cheap their clothes looked. The mens were mostly skinny and they looked like beggars n their oversized shirt and trouser, they looked like beggars who were lucky to get a job but still worked part-time as a beggar. And when they talked, I realized for the first time that their phonetics were like those who attended village school.
During our English teacher, Mr Azubike, lesson period, he asked me to stand up and tell him what he just said last. I stood up and just stared at him, since I was listening, I didn't know the reply to give him.

"Are you deaf? I told you to say what I said last", he yelled at me.
I wouldn't have being annoyed if he hadn't yelled or called me deaf, but since he had, I yelled back at him "ask Google"
The whole class fell into silence. I myself couldn't believe I could talk up to my teacher.
All eyes were on me. Mr Azubike stormed out of the class and when he reappeared minutes later he had a cane with him. He told me to come to the front of the class and kneel in front of him. I replied defiantly that he should come and carry me. The whole class gasped. This was unheard of, a student challenging his teacher. Mr Azubike charged at me with the cane raised in the air but before it touched me, I managed to grab it. He slapped me and angrily I pushed him against the wall. He was short man with slim build and I was opposite of that. I was over 5 inches taller than him and I had the build of light weight boxer. He tried to hit me again but I pushed him with all might. His head hit hard against the concrete then he slumped on the floor. We tried waking him but he wouldn't bulge. He was either dead or had fainted, but I didn't care. I was hard heartened and prepared for whatever came next.

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by seantunes(m): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
episode 5 drops tonight .... cool
Re: Finding Love by FortunateB(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nice story.
Don't give up because the comments are not coming, just continue and it will roll.

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by mattobi(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Nice writing skill. Good diction. Great piece. Looks very real, like a true life story. Kipirup bro.
Re: Finding Love by mattobi(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2018
I don wait for this update taya. Mk I kuku un-follow this thread.

(1) (Reply)

A Message To My Mother (short Story) / Ancient African History Thread - Please Read / TAMING HIS DESIRES 9 Cont’d (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.