Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? (2390 Views)

Wizkid Make It Hard For Me To Blow _-_ Seunstats / Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? / Young Liberian Musician To Perform With Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone, Please I want to ask,If a musician get at least 2 good tracks, is One Million Naira enough for an upcoming artist to gain ground in music industry, is it enough for the artists to blow?
Please kindly contribute to this, say your opinion about this

cc Lalasticlala, mydn44

1 Share

Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 7:30am On Apr 01, 2018
??
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by supaslim(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2018
depends on how he/she channel the resources .follow on IG::@Itzsupaslim
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Yes, as far as u

1. record good music
2. upload d content online for free download
3. pay radio stationssss
4. shoot a good video with good quality and good story.

so yes

Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by Dekey2success(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
fr me I believe only 500/700 is kk fr me to make it over here in east
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
skyhighweb:
Yes, as far as u

1. record good music
2. upload d content online for free download
3. pay radio stationssss
4. shoot a good video with good quality and good story.

so yes
Great, which state are you in presently??
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
best827:
Great, which state are you in presently??
Am in lagos state
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2018
skyhighweb:

Am in lagos state
ok
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 5:42am On Apr 03, 2018
best827:
ok
my number 09075252828
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2018
skyhighweb:
my number 09075252828
Also on WhatsApp right??
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2018
best827:
Also on WhatsApp right??
yeep
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2018
skyhighweb:
yeep
Okay
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by Dramadiddy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
no it's not. how will you blow without the fans? you need to have been doing some things before dropping the banger that would make you blow. ok if you just blow like that, who will download your music when they don't know you? anyways, if you a have an average fan base I don't know how that is measured but if you have that, do good music, mix and master well and you make sure you push the song for at least 2 months, that's enough time for the song to be liked. that's what davido did back then. he just kept promoting until we eventually inevitably liked his music (not me though). for more info send a pm, I work with a music distribution company that can help you push your music out there

2 Likes

Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
Dramadiddy:
no it's not. how will you blow without the fans? you need to have been doing some things before dropping the banger that would make you blow. ok if you just blow like that, who will download your music when they don't know you? anyways, if you a have an average fan base I don't know how that is measured but if you have that, do good music, mix and master well and you make sure you push the song for at least 2 months, that's enough time for the song to be liked. that's what davido did back then. he just kept promoting until we eventually inevitably liked his music (not me though). for more info send a pm, I work with a music distribution company that can help you push your music out there
Okay, Thank, Kindly send me your WhatsApp number
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by Dramadiddy(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
best827:
Okay, Thank, Kindly send me your WhatsApp number
send a pm
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2018
Okay
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2018
best827:
Okay
u havent started ur production yet?
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2018
skyhighweb:
u havent started ur production yet?
No I have not
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
best827:
No I have not
u in lag
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2018
skyhighweb:
u in lag
No
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by David17D: 9:05pm On May 16, 2018
No its not enough believe me . well actually it depends on the genre of music you do sha ..whether gospel or hip-hop or afro etc, but on a norms even 2m is barely enough .take for instance you want to do a song (which you want to be a major hit that will bring you into the lime light ) here is my breakdown on the expenses (remember I said it depends on the type of music you want to make

No 1 *Studio fee*
studio fee in Nigeria differs in terms of payment ..some charge per hour (spent in the audio) while some charge per track which can range from as low as 20k to 200k+ including mastering & other additional services the studio might provide

No 2 *Video shooting fee*
in terms of video shooting you'll actually spend a lot ,well this depends on the person shooting the video & where it would be shot...starting from as as low as 50k you can see professionals who can help with the video shooting as yo can also see as high as 700+(with the likes of clearance) . the difference here is the quality of the video production & editing that's why you'll see some music videos so wack, its like they use phone camera to do it, while some so good & well edited.
then again you will have to pay those hired in the video I.e professional dancers or girls that would tower and so on ...the could cost as low as 30k per person(remember its not just anybody you're using.
.there professional!! that's why its costly

lastly No 3 Marketing & broadcasting
trust me this is the most expensive Aspect of being a musician!!
First thing you need to do is to broadcast your (already made) song on a lot of websites (atleast 8-13) so when tour fans search for it they can easily download it...this can be low as 10k and as high as 250k depending on how popular the website is and if you won't them to put it on their front page

now to the radio aspect (this is actually what can up your game ) you need to at least get your song to like 4 stations & the prices may vary depending on how popular the stations are starting from as low as a 100k to as high as 750k and this depends on how long you want them to play it

if tou no want to to blow!! you have to take that song to tv man. well this is one of the most expensive phases (that why most musicians cant take thier songs to the tv!!) this depends on fhe stations fame sha...prices can go as low as 400k to as thigh as 1.5 m !!! {this also depends on your negotiation power sha & how long you wNt them to play it}
°scary right°

Note: it also depends on who you know(connect) you can hit me up at whatsapp my mail if you need to get into the industry without much stress

1 Like

Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 7:55pm On May 17, 2018
David17D:
No its not enough believe me . well actually it depends on the genre of music you do sha ..whether gospel or hip-hop or afro etc, but on a norms even 2m is barely enough .take for instance you want to do a song (which you want to be a major hit that will bring you into the lime light ) here is my breakdown on the expenses (remember I said it depends on the type of music you want to make

No 1 *Studio fee*
studio fee in Nigeria differs in terms of payment ..some charge per hour (spent in the audio) while some charge per track which can range from as low as 20k to 200k+ including mastering & other additional services the studio might provide

No 2 *Video shooting fee*
in terms of video shooting you'll actually spend a lot ,well this depends on the person shooting the video & where it would be shot...starting from as as low as 50k you can see professionals who can help with the video shooting as yo can also see as high as 700+(with the likes of clearance) . the difference here is the quality of the video production & editing that's why you'll see some music videos so wack, its like they use phone camera to do it, while some so good & well edited.
then again you will have to pay those hired in the video I.e professional dancers or girls that would tower and so on ...the could cost as low as 30k per person(remember its not just anybody you're using.
.there professional!! that's why its costly

lastly No 3 Marketing & broadcasting
trust me this is the most expensive Aspect of being a musician!!
First thing you need to do is to broadcast your (already made) song on a lot of websites (atleast 8-13) so when tour fans search for it they can easily download it...this can be low as 10k and as high as 250k depending on how popular the website is and if you won't them to put it on their front page

now to the radio aspect (this is actually what can up your game ) you need to at least get your song to like 4 stations & the prices may vary depending on how popular the stations are starting from as low as a 100k to as high as 750k and this depends on how long you want them to play it

if tou no want to to blow!! you have to take that song to tv man. well this is one of the most expensive phases (that why most musicians cant take thier songs to the tv!!) this depends on fhe stations fame sha...prices can go as low as 400k to as thigh as 1.5 m !!! {this also depends on your negotiation power sha & how long you wNt them to play it}
°scary right°

Note: it also depends on who you know(connect) you can hit me up at whatsapp 09027274796 or my mail if you need to get into the industry without much stress
Bro, thanks for your time, I will definitely see into this
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by Bigdiddo(m): 9:14pm On May 17, 2018
the guy above me have said it all
with 2m u can get there depending on how u.manage the funds
don't be fooled a million naira can't do anything am.speaking from experience.. am based in Lagos and am a music producer... Holla 08085758577
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by jaysingsopeyemi(m): 12:34am On May 18, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi4j06jlTvR
/ please help a nairaland memeber to get more views on instagram online goimg wizzypro competition
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2018
Bigdiddo:
the guy above me have said it all
with 2m u can get there depending on how u.manage the funds
don't be fooled a million naira can't do anything am.speaking from experience.. am based in Lagos and am a music producer... Holla 08085758577
Okay
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by best827(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Good contributions so far
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by skyhighweb(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
So have u started
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by Papiiloyalty1: 5:12am On Jun 17, 2022
Am very scared as Bleep, If ��� if one million naira can't blow you as an artist, it's very scary. I got like one million naira for promotion, aside studio expense. But with what am seeing one million can't even take you television stations. That means my budget is too poor ��� and one would have to carter for him or herself aside putting money is promotion, life is not fair at all.
Re: Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? by bmdmix15: 10:47am On Jun 17, 2022
Before buhari became president now , maybe 1

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Song On 9jaflaver For Free / [music] Wizkid – Show Me The Money (prod. Shizzi) [full Track] / The Mixtape Vs. 100%bc Vs. Ruggeddybaba (with Albulm Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.