Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand (15224 Views)

Edo: Why We Disqualified Obaseki, Ogiemwonyi, Iduoriyekemwen ― APC Panel / APC Panel Disqualifies Obaseki From APC Primary Election In Edo State / Borgu Leaders Meet Buhari, Demand State Creation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by coluka: 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has set up a committee to advise it on the position of President Muhammadu Buhari that the extension of the tenure of the national working committee (NWC) be cancelled.

The decision to extend the tenure of the NWC led by John Oyegun and other executives across the 36 states was taken at the national executive council (NEC) meeting in February.

The NEC had resolved to extend the tenure of the NWC by a year, with effect from June.

But speaking at the party’s NEC meeting on Tuesday, Buhari said the tenure extension is against the constitution of the party.

“On my own part, I have taken some time to review and seek advice on the resolution and what I have found is that it contravenes our party constitution and the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” he said.

Buhari also spoke on the need to avoid litigation.

Briefing journalists after the NEC meeting, Bolaji Abdullahi, spokesman of the party, said stakeholders have agreed that a technical committee be set up to look into the matter and advise the party on the way forward.

“You know that any issue that goes to court is sub-judicial. Then, that also presented its own complications so the NEC decided to set up a small team that will advise the party on the way forward,” he said.

“There is a technical committee that is looking at it.

“At the moment, there is no decision taken. So, the position of NEC still stands from the last meeting. That position may change tomorrow but as it is today, that is the position of NEC.”

https://www.thecable.ng/apc-sets-panel-examine-buharis-demand-says-elongation-oyeguns-tenure-stands

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
Technical committee to advise the party to accept illegality?

These guys are bunch of jokers.

16 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by bjayx: 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
Irrelevant

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by dlaw70(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
d red coloration of d gworo that bubu is eating has blocked his brain. He is now talking wit his anus. Toto local govt area,nasarawa state.

9 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Useful Bastardized idiotas

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by FarahAideed: 12:07am On Mar 28, 2018
These people are hell bent on alienating Jagaban

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by ipobarecriminals: 12:30am On Mar 28, 2018
sad sad sad confused PIGS

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by kimjongJezebel: 12:31am On Mar 28, 2018
Party of vultures and locusts... they will deceive the man in Bourdilion and his gullible followers.

Convention will be conducted and Oyegun will still win. They will do wuruwuru like the Ondo State primary way if you understand what I mean. After then, if anyone complain they will tell the person the delegates voted their choice so everyone should abide by it

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by kurt09(m): 12:35am On Mar 28, 2018
Any decision that will make us to remain in power beyond 2019 is welcome by good Nigerians. Thanks!
Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by nawtyme: 4:05am On Mar 28, 2018
Please do not let this distract you from the fact that you cannot spell "ADVERTISEMENTS" without placing "SEMEN" between "TITS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by SouthEastFacts: 4:25am On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari deceived them because he is coming to Lagos. APC elective convention is too much risk for APC to take. They won't dare it because it is more dangerous than the tenure elongation.
This committee is a predetermined response to that premeditated speech of Mr President. Why on the eve of his visit to lagos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by sekundosekundo: 5:00am On Mar 28, 2018
cheesy No one is ready to listen to a criminal with chronic mouth odour and decayed teeth cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 28, 2018
Once again the question goes....

"Who is the presidency"...?

8 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:47am On Mar 28, 2018
The implosion of APC is a welcome development

4 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by SouthEastFacts: 6:22am On Mar 28, 2018
needinggrace:

Thanks to the man who promised to help me out with a vehicle for uber, still in the process though. But please nairalanders , I admit this is a shameful thing to do and I am hating myself because I never thought life will bring me to this level. I really need help paying up my debt, my depression and worries keeps getting worse as I do not even have to start even anything for myself. please i know alot will think this is a scam, I assure you that I am in urgent need of assistance and this is the only place I can run to. Please help me I beg of you guys
Oga, you are too naïve. Your staff perpetrated a crime and you took it upon yourself. What happens to the Guarantor's form or you don't give out one to your staff to fill before confirming their employment.
Oga, you should have reported the matter to Police and they will work out a repayment plan that will not be too criminal on your income. Nigerian Police are so good at this.
It is not too late, renegotiate your debt.
You have different monikers and you expect sensible person to make transfers. Again the way you presented everything is a well known scamming format for Nairaland.
1. I am a regular contributor
2. I have different monikers
3. I am ashamed of myself
4. I need help
5. God bless the man that promised to help me

Anyway, I wish you goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by BabatCargo(m): 6:43am On Mar 28, 2018
It has started

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Fmartin(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2018
govt of the lies, for the lies and by the lies......

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by BruncleZuma: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by IamPatriotic(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2018
An argument of a defeated man.

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by DIKEnaWAR: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari will either accept Oyegun's tenure elongation or the Governors won't support his 2nd term ambition.

He will soon start singing a new tune.

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Jflex07(m): 9:34am On Mar 28, 2018
Apc music fall.. Evil party from hell!

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Firefire(m): 9:34am On Mar 28, 2018
Things FALL APART! grin

5 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Crocky23: 9:34am On Mar 28, 2018
Confused party

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by sanpipita(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2018
Love how this is playing out, a divided APC is good for Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by IamPatriotic(m): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2018
The headline is confusing and fraudulent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
Bubu applying the same Saraki method to deceive BAT, carrot and stick methodology against suphiticated one grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by BabaO2: 9:44am On Mar 28, 2018
coluka:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has set up a committee to advise it on the position of President Muhammadu Buhari that the extension of the tenure of the national working committee (NWC) be cancelled.

The decision to extend the tenure of the NWC led by John Oyegun and other executives across the 36 states was taken at the national executive council (NEC) meeting in February.

The NEC had resolved to extend the tenure of the NWC by a year, with effect from June.

But speaking at the party’s NEC meeting on Tuesday, Buhari said the tenure extension is against the constitution of the party.

“On my own part, I have taken some time to review and seek advice on the resolution and what I have found is that it contravenes our party constitution and the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” he said.

Buhari also spoke on the need to avoid litigation.

Briefing journalists after the NEC meeting, Bolaji Abdullahi, spokesman of the party, said stakeholders have agreed that a technical committee be set up to look into the matter and advise the party on the way forward.

“You know that any issue that goes to court is sub-judicial. Then, that also presented its own complications so the NEC decided to set up a small team that will advise the party on the way forward,” he said.

“There is a technical committee that is looking at it.

“At the moment, there is no decision taken. So, the position of NEC still stands from the last meeting. That position may change tomorrow but as it is today, that is the position of NEC.”

https://www.thecable.ng/apc-sets-panel-examine-buharis-demand-says-elongation-oyeguns-tenure-stands
This is not Ilorin politics

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by spako4(m): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2018
PDP newspaper
Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Lomprico2: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2018
Does d dullard obey d constitution on nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by Lomprico2: 9:49am On Mar 28, 2018
spako4:
PDP newspaper

Its in all media houses

1 Like

Re: Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2018
So Baba is changing mouth to satisfy Tinubu because of 2019, Oyegun has been made a sacrificial lamp. Was Baba not their when the decision was taken initially. Finally he is visiting Lagos just to commission ordinary bus stop grin. 2019 will be great, he will soon go back to drinking sachet millo as usual cool to deceive Nigerians again cool

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why APC Plotted To Impeach Ortom – PDP / We'll Punish Those Responsible For Buhari's Loss In Anambra, Says APC / Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.