Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections (15179 Views)

Dele Farotimi To Obidients: Wear Tinubu's T-shirt Or Cap To Collect Your PVCs / 2023: Revolution Awaits If Peter Obi Doesn’t Win – Dele Farotimi / IPOB Members Dump Biafra Agitation To Support Peter Obi Presidency (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Newton2024: 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2022

Lawyer and activist Dele Farotimi discussed the upcoming 2023 elections on the Morning Show on Monday, stating that he will be supporting Peter Obi based on federal Character.

According to Farotimi, “There is an issue I believe needs to be addressed, Nigeria claims to be a federation and one of the foundations of that federation is federal character. That federal character did not come recently, it’s something that has been in our constitution as far back as 1954.

“Going by that, as far as I am concerned, I cannot look beyond an Igbo candidate in this race and thanks to God there is an eminently qualified Igbo candidate in this race and that is who I will be supporting.”

However, he emphasized his support for Omoyele Sowore of the African Action Congress if his vote was based solely on Ideology.

He explicitly said “If we are following Ideology, I should be supporting Yele Sowore.”

Furthermore he expressed his displeasure with the NBA’s failure to invite Sowore for their Annual conference on Monday 22nd August 2022

In his words, “The truth of the matter is that the NBA did not do well. There is no basis for instance, for the non-invitation of Omoyele Sowore. Your readiness to listen to all shades of opinion tells us just how impartial you are, but to close the door to a candidate and then begin to select others.

“If they had even invited only Atiku, Tinubu, and Obi, I might have understood that position, that maybe they’re looking at the three leading candidates but they invited the SDP gentleman.”

https://newsfinale.com/news/farotimi-i-will-support-peter-obi-in-the-2023-elections/

201 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Softmirror: 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by JASONjnr(m): 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
It's Peter Obi all the way ....

If you're not supporting this man.... You're one of the enemies of the state.....

233 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good one

165 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by donjazet(m): 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Very good. Be OBIdient to your country.

My fellow Nigerians, remember when oshomole said obi supporters are just 5 people in a room typing and posting, he was literally projecting what the APC does online.
Be very aware of the information warfare wrought upon you. When you see a pro-tinubu post with an unusual number of high likes, know that this has been artificially manipulated to be so.
Look at these pictures below and see this thread below as evidence of the evil tactics APC use to artificially boost support for their old geriatric candidate.
Shine your eyes and don't fall victim to these tactics. APC are evil.
https://www.nairaland.com/7160491/did-tinubu-actually-win-2015#113451792

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Moh247: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
He go shock Obi

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by slivertongue: 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
He should then stick with ideology

2 Likes

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by TINUBUISMAD: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin
Obi is our incoming President
And if you are not comfortable with that, please locate the nearest transformer nearest to you......u know what to do next

THANK YOU!!

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2022
Only the wise will support him!

Contact me for your Academic Assignment, Articles, power point, proposals, research works and also with good Turnitin report.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by BaddestQueen(f): 2:31am On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:
He go shock Obi
e go shock you my love

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Appdriod: 4:56am On Aug 31, 2022
Trust and Obey for there is no other way to fix 9ja but to Trust and Obey

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Winters23: 4:57am On Aug 31, 2022
grin
Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Fenesa1: 4:57am On Aug 31, 2022
grin
Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by YourhealthNG2(m): 4:57am On Aug 31, 2022

2023 Elections: 8 Powerful Reasons To Vote for Peter Obi

Renowned leadership expert, John C. Maxwell, said it best: “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”

Nigeria has travelled for too long on the wrong path leading to unprecedented nationwide suffering in the land. A suffering that is no respecter of tribe or religion.

Therefore, it is in our collective best interest to get it right this time around.

It is against this background that, after considering the pros and cons, here are a few strong reasons why Mr Peter Obi is right man for the job.

1. Peter Obi is averse to waste

At the root of the poor infrastructural development all over Nigeria is criminal wastefulness, corruption and inflated contracts. Road or rail projects that can be done with N2 billion are inflated to N20 billion. The consequences of this is that projects go on forever and funds that would have been used to do 4 or 5 projects are spent on just 1 project.

A very good example is the Lagos light rail project. It was conceptualised by Jakande in the early 80s but still remains uncompleted till date, even after 23 years of APC/Tinubu unbroken stranglehold of Lagos State.

2. The people's president

Of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi is banking on the power of the people to get elected. Tinubu and Atiku are relying/relied heavily on the support of the delegates (bought with dollars), governors, senators, house of representatives and other structures of their political party to get elected.

The consequences of this is clear. If Peter Obi is elected, naturally he will take decisions that will benefit the overwhelming majority of Nigerians who voted him to power.

Unlike the other candidates who if elected will spend reasonable public funds and time to reward the structures that got them elected.

3. A visionary president

In 2023, we need a president who, while catering for the current generation and solving the myriads of the current problems, also plans for the future, our children and the unborn generation.

A president who realises that Nigeria will still be existing in 100 and 200 years to come and sets aside some funds for the future and unborn generations.

That is what Peter Obi represents, as he demonstrated in Anambra by saving some money for the future.

We do not need people who believe we should consume everything today and let the future take care of itself.

4. He is young, vibrant and energetic

With the plethora of problems plagueing Nigeria currently, we need a president that is relatively young, energetic and vibrant.

A president that has the physical and mental capacity to supervise the effective implementation of his programs and policies across all sectors simultaneously across the country.

A president with hands on approach on all the issues.

That is what Peter Obi represents.

5. A courageous president

We need a president who has the courage to take and implement critical decisions that can move Nigeria forward.

Peter Obi demonstrated great courage when he opted to be impeached as Anambra governor rather than deploy public funds to pacify the greedy lawmakers. It takes courage and conviction to take such risky personal political decision because the impeachment court case could have gone either way.

6. His message is clear and concise

His campaign message in all the media interviews has centred around reducing waste and moving Nigeria from consumption to production. This is very clear message that tackles the root cause of many of the problems bedevilling Nigeria today.

7. A president that communicates to Nigerians

So far, of the 3 main candidates, only Peter Obi has granted several live TV interviews. It shows he is a believer in the power of communication. He believes you and I have the right to know.

Atiku only managed to grant a recorded interview while Tinubu has not granted any at all.

This time around, we need a president that has the confidence to speak to Nigerians directly about his policies and challenges if any. Enough of deaf and dumb Presidents, hijacked by cabals in Aso Villa.

8. A listening president

As governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi was always visiting schools, hospitals, etc to hear and feel the challenges. At some point, he gave his phone number to the school prefects to get direct feedbacks. This demonstrates that Peter Obi will be a listening president.

We don't need a president that will be hijacked by the Aso Rock cabal and only brought out once in 6 months to show proof of life.

11 Likes

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by todaynewsreview: 4:57am On Aug 31, 2022
Progressive mindset. Kudos

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by OkoRemi2023(m): 5:00am On Aug 31, 2022
No Yoruba will threatened to burn his house but let a igbo living in east say he will support Tinubu, Ipob would have burn his house by now in East

anyway Peter obi need support so that the votes he will get with his supporters noise will encourage him to recontest in the future

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by OgaDeyVex: 5:02am On Aug 31, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by sirray001: 5:04am On Aug 31, 2022
OkoRemi2023:
No Yoruba will threatened to burn his house but let a igbo living in east say he will support Tinubu, Ipob would have burn his house by now in East

anyway Peter obi need support so that the votes he will get with his supporters noise will encourage him to recontest in the future
gbe e nu e soun

15 Likes

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by butterfly777(m): 5:04am On Aug 31, 2022
You're welcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by scholes23(m): 5:04am On Aug 31, 2022
That's the minimum requirement

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Coolsperm: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2022
Every Yoruba Christian and some right thinking Yoruba muslims will vote Peter Obi

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by mycar: 5:06am On Aug 31, 2022
That's what it should be.
In as much as Peter Obi is better than the rest but if you still believe that they are all the same, for the federal character principle, you should pitch your tent in PO.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Greenlight123: 5:10am On Aug 31, 2022
Obi is the man for the job

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by loosecanon50(m): 5:13am On Aug 31, 2022
Everyone will fall in line eventually.

We're OBIdient and disobedient to nonsense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by beerfraud: 5:14am On Aug 31, 2022
If reverse is the case those unfortunate misguided children of hate would have been threaten him and his children

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Rikidony(m): 5:20am On Aug 31, 2022
When campaign start other candidates will be running campaign while Obi will be running crusade grin grin, more endorsement coming before December, Nigerians must be Obidient for their own benefit.

Our mumu don do cool cool

12 Likes

Re: Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 31, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

look for another strategy this one has failed

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi And I Not Crowd Renters, Says Datti Baba-Ahmed / CAN Members Against Muslim-muslim Ticket Make Tinubu’s List / 80% Of River State is Igbo people, who and why did they cancel Mid West zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.