Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' (1359 Views)

Kenyan Professor XN Iraki: Nigerians Are Taking Over Our Economy / Talk About Wealth, Now Check This Guy Out. How Many RR Did You Count? No NOISE / Billionaire Aliko Dangote's Son Who Will Inherit His Wealth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 12:09am On Mar 28, 2018
While lecturing us this evening, he opened the floor for argument concerning riches. Ways of making quick and fast money par say.

After listening to us, he humbled the class with this statement....

"If God has not destined you to be rich, no matter what you do, you won't be rich"..

I think something is wrong with that statement cos it got me thinking all day. Does it mean God has already destined some to be rich and others to be poor? In the sense that, paradventure, you're unfortunate to be among the destined ones signed and stamped by the Almighty to be rich, that no matter how hard you labour he 'll just be looking at you like.. Hey you man/woman, you're just wasting your time?

cc lalasticlala
cc mynd44
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Paradigm777: 12:17am On Mar 28, 2018
Is ur lecturer a Muslim?
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 12:30am On Mar 28, 2018
Paradigm777:
Is ur lecturer a Muslim?
I seriously do not know cos He's a visiting lecturer. At times he acts like a Christian, and at times like a Muslim.. I think He is a ChrisMusIdol..

1 Like

Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by joan1678(m): 12:39am On Mar 28, 2018
The statement is erroneous. To think our fates have already been preprogrammed before we were born is totally flawed.
The lecturer is prolly a religious fanatic. Sorry to say bro.

1 Like

Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by helpfulposts(m): 12:40am On Mar 28, 2018
Abeg, let the mods push this to the FP
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 28, 2018
He's Right, I don't understand why everyone thinks riches make you fortunate. Quick question, are Yahoo boys fortunate? Was Pablo Escobar fortunate? Shebi dem get money.
Part of the articles of faith is to believe in predestination.
If you enter hell; you're unfortunate.
If you enter heaven; you're fortunate.

So work towards the one you want
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by internationalman(m): 12:52am On Mar 28, 2018
The truth of the matter is no matter how hard everyone hustles, not everyone is going to be rich.

The planet just needs some people to b poor to maintain stability..

Just the same way God doesn't answer all prayers. Bcoz if he did, trust me the world would be a disaster.

1 Like

Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 2:26am On Mar 28, 2018
Davedgr8:
While lecturing us this evening, he opened the floor for argument concerning riches. Ways of making quick and fast money par say.

After listening to us, he humbled the class with this statement....

"If God has not destined you to be rich, no matter what you do, you won't be rich"..

I think something is wrong with that statement cos it got me thinking all day. Does it mean God has already destined some to be rich and others to be poor? In the sense that, paradventure, you're unfortunate to be among the destined ones signed and stamped by the Almighty to be rich, that no matter how hard you labour he 'll just be looking at you like.. Hey you man/woman, you're just wasting your time?
cc lalasticlala
cc mynd44

Thats the simple truth.

You do your best to hustle & pray, leave the rest to God.

We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Proverbs 16, 9

The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time. Ecclesiastes 9:11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 7:24am On Mar 28, 2018
Willie2015:

Thats the simple truth.

The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time. Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hmmm.. Well said. But what do you say about this;

Deutronomy 30:9a - And the Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the works of your hand. (NIV)
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by bigiyaro(m): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2018
nobody is destined to be poor or rich, God has already bless the earth with every thing we need to be comfortable, they are natural laws governing the world,u simply reap what you sowed. After God finished creating the world, he comanded man to go and be fruithful and multiply. many people take this command as an instruction to bear uncountable children but it also applies to all facets of life.

2 Likes

Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
^^ God bless you for this..
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
Davedgr8:

Hmmm.. Well said. But who do you say about this;

Deutronomy 30:9a - And the Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the works of your hand. (NIV)

That,s the prayer of every hustler. The decision to prosper your works rest with God.

Your part is to hustle and work hard.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
bigiyaro:
nobody is destined to be poor or rich, God has already bless the earth with every thing we need to be comfortable, they are natural laws governing the world,u simply reap what you sowed. After God finished creating the world, he comanded man to go and be fruithful and multiply. many people take this command as an instruction to bear uncountable children but it also applies to all facets of life.

John 3 27 John answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven.

If you want, hustle from Naija to America then to Europe, if you are not destined to be rich, Na so you go land back to Naija.

Every decision rest with God irrespective of the natural laws.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by bigiyaro(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
Willie2015:

John 3 27 John answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven.

If you want, hustle from Naija to America then to Europe, if you are not destined to be rich, Na so you go land back to Naija.

Every decision rest with God irrespective of the natural laws.

God has is not responsible for any body being rich or poor. Some use their head and others don't. Black man and backwards mentality. U are responsible for any decisions you make.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2018
bigiyaro:
God has is not responsible for any body being rich or poor. Some use their head and others don't. Black man and backwards mentality. U are responsible for any decisions you make.

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.

Deut 8,18
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by bigiyaro(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
Willie2015:

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.

Deut 8,18

just like the one wicked savant that buried his one talent. The bottom line is that he was given something to work with but he CHOSE to remain poor, the other two sevants worked with what they were given. My guy jst know that God gave everyone something. its up to you to use it God will not come down and dash you a million dollars.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2018

I'm getting more confused..
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Davedgr8:
I seriously do not know cos He's a visiting lecturer. At times he acts like a Christian, and at times like a Muslim.. I think He is a ChrisMusIdol..

Don't get us confused he asked you a question what is Chrismuldol?
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Stallion93(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
Check my signature if interested in buying a land @port Harcourt metropolis
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by CosmicJames(m): 6:20am On Mar 30, 2018
Davedgr8:

I'm getting more confused..
Listen, don't be confuse.
Your lecturer statement is very wrong.
Plus, that's his personal opinion.

God created all human beings equal.
You have the ability potential right now to become anything you want to be.

Don't allow anyone not even your lecturer to confuse you.
You can be rich or poor.
It all depends on both internal and external factors.

Internal Factors - Thoughts, Beliefs, Behaviour, Actions, Mentality, Lifestyle etc

External Factors - Time, the Environment, the Government, Friends etc.

Plus, there are principles and laws governing riches and poverty.

If your lecturers' statement was true, then we would have had all the rich people of the world sleeping all day, and doing nothing. But still being rich because God have already destine them to be rich.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 6:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:

Don't get us confused he asked you a question what is Chrismuldol?

It was intentional. You don't need to know his religion before saying your own opinion on the topic.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Davedgr8(m): 6:48am On Mar 30, 2018
CosmicJames:

You can be rich or poor.

Internal Factors - Thoughts, Beliefs, Behaviour, Actions, Mentality, Lifestyle etc

If your lecturers' statement was true, then we would have had all the rich people of the world sleeping all day, and doing nothing. But still being rich because God have already destine them to be rich.

Thank you big bro.. This is exactly my thought.

I had a sober reflection on my professor's quote and was able to deduce a modification for it. Here is it..

Original quote

"If God has not destined you to be rich, no matter what you do you won't be rich"

Modification

"If God has not destined you to be rich in a particular field/facet of life, no matter what you do there, you won't be fruitful unless you retract your step and locate that one that has already been designed for you from inception"

Hit or Miss?
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by CosmicJames(m): 7:26am On Mar 30, 2018
Willie2015:

Thats the simple truth.

No. Is not the truth bro.

That statement is very wrong and erroneous.

What you quoted here does not automatically translate to meaning that God destine some people to be rich and others poor.

Is like you like quoting the Bible. So I will give you few verses of the Bible to better your understanding.

1. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time
Ecclesiastes 3:11 (KJV)

Note the word "Everything" No one is exclusive or treated specially.

2. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it done unto you.
Matthew 9:29 (KJV)

Note the words "According to your faith"
You cannot choose to believe that you will not be rich, and then blame it on God for being poor

3. The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
Deutronomy 28:12 (KJV)

Note the words "Bless all the work of thine hands"
And you hear the Bible saying "He giveth thee power to get wealth" God does that through the blessing of the work of thine hands

4. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue
2Peter 1:3 (KJV)

Note the words "all things that pertain unto life"
In the end, everything is available to us. It is we that determine whether we will be rich or poor based on our actions and inactions
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by CosmicJames(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2018
Davedgr8:
Thank you big bro.. This is exactly my thought.

I had a sober reflection on my professor's quote and was able to deduce a modification for it. Here is it..

Original quote

"If God has not destined you to be rich, no matter what you do you won't be rich"

Modification

"If God has not destined you to be rich in a particular field/facet of life, no matter what you do there, you won't be fruitful unless you retract your step and locate that one that has already been designed for you from inception"

Hit or Miss?
Missed!
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 7:52am On Mar 30, 2018
bigiyaro:
just like the one wicked savant that buried his one talent. The bottom line is that he was given something to work with but he CHOSE to remain poor, the other two sevants worked with what they were given. My guy jst know that God gave everyone something. its up to you to use it God will not come down and dash you a million dollars.

There is a Yoruba sayings that goes.

Kirakita o dola, ka sise bi eru ko da nnkan, Olorun ni i pe ko ye ni .

Runing helter skelter don't translates into wealth,even one might work like a slave, it is only God that makes one prosper.
Re: My Professor Said This In Class Today.. About 'WEALTH' by Willie2015: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2018
CosmicJames:

You can be rich or poor.

If wealth is all about principle and laws, everyone should be rich like Dangote by now. Even Robert Kiyosaki that wrote on principles of being rich and poor filed for bankruptcy.

No one is saying you should not work but when you work irrespective of how little it is , you will get outstanding results.

(1) (Reply)

Double A4 Paper.. Importation (4k) Warehouse Price (5k) / Possible Solution To Paypal Withdraw To Africard / Breaking News: Famzhi Interbiz Ltd Promises To Pay Investors Back Their Capitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.