Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? (941 Views)

Home For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts. / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Store For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts Both New And Tokunbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by pepboys: 9:09am On Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with sales of GENUINE spare parts in Nigeria? My observation is that a high percentage of parts sold at major markets like ladipo are most times substandard or outright fake. We all know the effects of substandard parts on our vehicles.

I am thinking of setting up a spare parts pre-order business where car owners can conveniently place orders on our website and receive their parts within 7 days (10days max)

These parts will be ordered exclusively from the US.

For trust issues, there is a registered business office customers can place their orders at (orders can also be placed online)

I will appreciate input from anyone with experience in preorder business model.
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by Ricmayak1: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2018
You have a good idea but the challenge is that most spares are needed immediately to fix an issue. Pre-order usually takes longer time than going to the market to source parts.
Regards.
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by pepboys: 11:25am On Mar 28, 2018
I agree with you, I guess this might be for those who want quality at an affordable price. You just cant trust what you see at the local market .

Ricmayak1:
You have a good idea but the challenge is that most spares are needed immediately to fix an issue. Pre-order usually takes longer time than going to the market to source parts.
Regards.
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by cityofindustry: 5:14am On Mar 29, 2018
I think it's a good idea ....
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2018
What of price? How many Nigerians are willing to shell out 300k for a compressor or 100k for a pair of shocks for a 2009 Toyota corrolla in addition to delivery.
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by pepboys: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
Did you realize that some of the prices quoted here in Nigeria are ridiculously on the high side.

A new(not sure maybe Chinese) AC compressor for a Toyota 4 runner sold in Nigeria would cost about 150-200K naira, but landing cost of original from USA will be about 100,000 naira, plus mark up should not be more than 120,000 naira

The price difference is usually very much.

This is meant for those who would not compromise quality .
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
pepboys:
Did you realize that some of the prices quoted here in Nigeria are ridiculously on the high side.

A new(not sure maybe Chinese) AC compressor for a Toyota 4 runner sold in Nigeria would cost about 150-200K naira, but landing cost of original from USA will be about 100,000 naira, plus mark up should not be more than 120,000 naira

The price difference is usually very much.

This is meant for those who would not compromise quality .

Have you checked it out in the market or you are just estimating. I bought an air flow meter a Chinese one for 18k in Nigeria and the original air flow meter on amazon costs over 100k that's excluding landing cost.
Re: Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? by pepboys: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
I am not estimating , I am telling you what the price is. Most items in Nigeria are over priced. What was the cost of the airflow meter on amazon and what's the vehicle specs

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Audi 5 2013 / Respraying Tokunbo Car For Sale: Is It A Good Idea / 2007 Registered Corolla For 1.5M Naira @ PAYANDRIVE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.