Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? (9804 Views)

Latest Samsung Galaxy S11+ Leaks Point To A New Camera Sensor And Bigger Battery / Nokia 9 Pureview Official Renders Shows The In- Display Finger Print Sensor And / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro With 48mp Sony Imx86 Sensor And 6gb/64gb And 128gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Valfrankie(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2018
Password for security, fingerprint for convenience
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 29, 2018
helphelp:
Only the blood of Jesus can keep our phones safe.

Àbí his urine.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by kelish(f): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2018
its password cause your finger print can be used without your consent same goes with face rec.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by wonlasewonimi: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2018
In information security, biometrics is the safest method. Which is facial recognition, voice or fingerprint. Password is the least. It can be brute forced in seconds. Combination of password and biometrics ensures a higher level of confidentiality. All can be violated by a good social engineer.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2018
0luwatope:

Brute gini?? Bruteforce is trying unlimited password combination continuously, most devices and applications nowadays will give u a limited number of tries.

I'm not saying password or pin is not the safest, it still is, but gone are those days brute force and dictionary attack works, on android phones, you only have 15 tries then you wait for some minutes so... Basically, brute force don't work.

I have used bruteforce for a passworded zip file, took me so many hours to crack open

You really need to see how they brute force devices these days. With the right rig, a regular android phone would be cracked open within hours, especially when the password is just a string of one character set.

About the 15 tries then wait, the brute force rig bypasses it with ease, it's what has been done before.

the only way a password stands a greater chance of survival is when it is a long combo of various character sets, that way, it might take years to crack, and that's safe enough.

The fingerprint is also crackable. All that is to be done is to connect the Phone to a Rig, and bombard it with fingerprint signatures, a lot more than the sensor can process. This way, the sensor gets disabled due to a conflict between two fingerprint signatures (which is inevitable considering the large amount of fingerprint signatures sent at one time)

The safest (for now) is the Face ID. when I say face ID, I'm talking about Apple's Face ID. the reason it's the safest are:

*There is no Brute force rig available for cracking face id (yet).
*the TrueDepth sensor reads far too many variable coordinates for easy cracking
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
In the grand scheme of everything hi-tech, Finger sensor takes it followed by Facial ID. It is always difficult to hack biometrics. But passwords can be hacked super easily.

But u can't set up biometrics without a master password. So it's still the Dane thing. Once master password is hacked biometrics become useless.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:45am On Mar 29, 2018
And if the master password is biometrically done? Truth is, it is really difficult bypassing a biometric lock. The hacker must be on a whole other super level to crack pass it. This is how it is in the grand realm of hi-tech.

greenhulk:

But u can't set up biometrics without a master password. So it's still the Dane thing. Once master password is hacked biometrics become useless.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by KillerBeauty(f): 8:51am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
not true,you can fall deep asleep and I swipe your finger on the phone,this can’t be done using Face ID
Face ID do not work for identical twins. Ur twin can unlock your phone
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
And if the master password is biometrically done? Truth is, it is really difficult bypassing a biometric lock. The hacker must be on a whole other super level to crack pass it. This is how it is in the grand realm of hi-tech.

Bros, whenever u set up biometrics on ur phone u will still be required to put in a password. So it's better u make that password a really strong one because once that password is hacked, bionetrics can be bypassed and even deleted. No such thing as biometrically done passwords, at least on Android phones.

This is why on most flagship Android phones, once u restart the phone biometrics become disabled. U need to do the first unlock with the password.

Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Ganja109(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2018
adeboyewareez:

You don't have to be tortured before your password gets cracked.

It only has to be brute forced.
It depends on the type of encryption then
256 bit can't be easily cracked
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by sainttobs(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2018
password/pin is the safest because if you dont give it out it has to be brute forced, it cant be duplicated. Biometrics ( fingerprint & face id) can be easily copied and duplicated, even the retina can be duplicted with a good enough camera.

But the truth is nothing is unhackable.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2018
In my original post, I made reference to the grand scheme of hi-tech... That is what informed my comment. I did not limit it to phones. Hope you get me now. I know how it works on androids but I was speaking of hi-tech higher than android phones or iphones. And yes, there are biometrically done passwords/master passwords. wink

greenhulk:

Bros, whenever u set up biometrics on ur phone u will still be required to put in a password. So it's better u make that password a really strong one because once that password is hacked, bionetrics can be bypassed and even deleted. No such thing as biometrically done passwords, at least on Android phones.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
For me,Face ID!!!Reason is that,while asleep,without your 2 eyes wide open,no one can gain access to your phone!!!!Face ID needs your eyes wide open to unlock!!!Tried it on iPhone X and fell in love with that feature!!!
lol, password is still the safest...
the face ID thing.... all I need is a good picture of you...
we've been cracking that stuff bro...
I love it when people use finger prints or face ID.... it makes the hacking easier for us
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
In my original post, I made reference to the grand scheme of hi-tech... That is what informed my comment. I did not limit it to phones. Hope you get me now. I know how it works on androids but I was speaking of hi-tech higher than android phones or iphones. And yes, there are biometrically done passwords/master passwords. wink

Hi-tech yes. Mobile phones, no. At least not yet
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by KushLyon(m): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2018
they should fast and release tongue print Biko.... just lick your phone screen and it will unlock
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by MarkWayne89: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2018
adeboyewareez:

You don't have to be tortured before your password gets cracked.

It only has to be brute forced.

Yes, my current password can be brute forced in 7 QUADRILLION YEARS according to a password checker https://howsecureismypassword.net
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2018
Kaxmytex:
A clear picture of the owner will useless face id

This is not true bro. Face id is a technologically advanced feature, not the facial unlock Google introduced in Android 4.0
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2018
Ganja109:
It depends on the type of encryption then 256 bit can't be easily cracked
Let's ask ourselves, what existing device use 256 bit encryption?
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2018
Ganja109:

It depends on the type of encryption then
256 bit can't be easily cracked

Let's ask ourselves, what existing device uses 256 bit encryption?

I know Amazon Website uses 256 bit encryption
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2018
MarkWayne89:

Yes, my current password can be brute forced in 7 QUADRILLION YEARS according to a password checker https://howsecureismypassword.net

Hehe.

Bro, that's some tight password you have!

Now, imagine this.

A Computer Rig capable of doing 5, 000 teraflops, with some hundreds of GHz processor. The 7 quadrillion years could be easily shrunk to a few years.

1 Like

Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Diso60090(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2018
To me it's pussy
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

I love it when people use finger prints or face ID.... it makes the hacking easier for us

A picture of someone will not unlock a good face Id system like the ones found on the iPhone X and the intelligent scan of the Galaxy s9. Do u think apple are stupid to make face id the only biometrics security of the iPhone X if they know it can be unlocked by a picture?
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 10:38am On Mar 29, 2018
greenhulk:

A picture of someone will not unlock a good face Id system like the ones found on the iPhone X and the intelligent scan of the Galaxy s9. Do u think apple are stupid to make face id the only biometrics security of the iPhone X if they know it can be unlocked by a picture?
lol, dude... did I said I would unlock with your picture? I said "all I need is a picture of you" the rest you don't need to know.

just know in the world of technology nothing is unhackable.... I might be tough but not impossible
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

show me the one you have hacked!!!
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2018
KillerBeauty:

Face ID do not work for identical twins. Ur twin can unlock your phone
Have you seen any?
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
show me the one you have hacked!!!
you know nothing.... who no go no go know
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

you know nothing.... who no go no go know
i love when peeps brag about being good at hacking but can’t prove it!!!if you are in lag,pick a date,ICM,I will bring my IPhone X and you prove to me to hack it!!!if you do hack it as said,you get an iPhone 6s+
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

lol, dude... did I said I would unlock with your picture? I said "all I need is a picture of you" the rest you don't need to know.

just know in the world of technology nothing is unhackable.... I might be tough but not impossible

We are still saying the same thing. If I have an iPhone x with face Id, u cannot use my picture to unlock it.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2018
greenhulk:

We are still saying the same thing. If I have an iPhone x with face Id, u cannot use my picture to unlock it.
Alright
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Abeg tell am,people think hacking is 1+1
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Abeg tell am,people think hacking is 1+1

I'm telling u. I know nothing is impossible but some people are talking as if it's an easy task. It will take a whole lot of steps, time and money to try to spoof Apple's face Id. The big question is does the owner of the phone worth the stress, time and money? Like the hackers that claim they did this, they actually needed a digitally scanned image of the owner of the phone, and then had to make a mask out of silicon and other materials. Now who get that kind time unless the phone belongs a very important person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phone Keeps Discharging / What Do You Hate About Your Blackberry? / New Mtn Ussd Code To Transfer Credit Or Change Mtn Share N Sell Pin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.