Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? (9824 Views)

Latest Samsung Galaxy S11+ Leaks Point To A New Camera Sensor And Bigger Battery / Nokia 9 Pureview Official Renders Shows The In- Display Finger Print Sensor And / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro With 48mp Sony Imx86 Sensor And 6gb/64gb And 128gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
i love when peeps brag about being good at hacking but can’t prove it!!!if you are in lag,pick a date,ICM,I will bring my IPhone X and you prove to me to hack it!!!if you do hack it as said,you get an iPhone 6s+
brag? lol... good day bro...

oh, you added to your mention...
I wish I'm anyway close to Lagos.... then you no sey nothing is unhackable. even apple no go tell you sey Dia products is impossible to hack.

I might not reply you again before you think in here to BRAG. bragging doesn't pay bills the job does
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

I wish I'm anyway close to Lagos.... then you no sey nothing is unhackable. even apple no go tell you sey Dia products is impossible to hack.

I might not reply you again before you think in here to BRAG. bragging doesn't pay bills the job does

Lol, so says the guy that wants to spoof face Id with a picture. U must think face id is the same as face unlock that Google introduced in jellybean.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 11:33am On Mar 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, so says the guy that wants to spoof face Id with a picture. U must think face id is the same as face unlock that Google introduced in jellybean.
No point arguing with you guys cause I used to reason like you guys 3 years ago ( even when phone security wasn't that tough)...
my advice is go get some skills... spend a lot of money in research, meet people in like minds. take risk...

then come back and reason same way again.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

i know hackers when I read from one,I never said my iPhone is not hackable but by you?naaaaa
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

No point arguing with you guys cause I used to reason like you guys 3 years ago ( even when phone security wasn't that tough)...
my advice is go get some skills... spend a lot of money in research, meet people in like minds. take risk...

then come back and reason same way again.
i am close to thinking you don’t even know the meaning of hacking...Gurus on blackhat will not even yarn the way you do!!!
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by KillerBeauty(f): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 11:57am On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
i am close to thinking you don’t even know the meaning of hacking...Gurus on blackhat will not even yarn the way you do!!!
Just do what I advise you to do bro.... good day
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
Offpoint:

Just do what I advise you to do bro.... good day
i don’t brag!!!The lil I know about hacking,I stopped doing jobs of 20k
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by linearity: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
And if the master password is biometrically done? Truth is, it is really difficult bypassing a biometric lock. The hacker must be on a whole other super level to crack pass it. This is how it is in the grand realm of hi-tech.

Biometric passwords are always secondary passwords, a skilled hacked can trick the phone to bypass all biometric passwords and force the phone to offer master password for authentication.

In iPhone, it is not even a trick, if confronted with a biometric password, just power cycle the phone and you will be asked to enter the master password in order to gain access.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Offpoint: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
Benz4pimp:
i don’t brag!!!The lil I know about hacking,I stopped doing jobs of 20k
lol, the way you misuse the word brag....
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
linearity:

Biometric passwords are always secondary passwords, a skilled hacked can trick the phone to bypass all biometric passwords and force the phone to offer master password for authentication.

In iPhone, it is not even a trick, if confronted with a biometric password, just power cycle the phone and you will be asked to enter the master password in order to gain access.

Not just iPhones but most high end phones do this. Once u power off and restart biometrics are disabled and only password is required to get access. This is why I said password still remains the major security lock even with all those biometrics. And this is why it is good to have a very strong password even of u use fingerprint and face id which are just there for faster access

1 Like

Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Emblj: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
The safest approach is a combination of th e thee credentials. This makes it very difficult to break-in.

In electronic security a combinational approach is usually the best. It could be any two of the three or the three combinations.

However, the level of security required has to be tailor made for cost effectiveness.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Ganja109(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
adeboyewareez:

Let's ask ourselves, what existing device uses 256 bit encryption?

I know Amazon Website uses 256 bit encryption

I think the iPhone uses 256 bit key AES
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ganja109:

I think the iPhone uses 256 bit key AES
iPhones don't use the 256 bit key AES.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by MarkWayne89: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2018
adeboyewareez:

Hehe.

Bro, that's some tight password you have!

Now, imagine this.

A Computer Rig capable of doing 5, 000 teraflops, with some hundreds of GHz processor. The 7 quadrillion years could be easily shrunk to a few years.

Yes but if I change it in the mean while, still not fast enough haha cheesy cheesy
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2018
MarkWayne89:

Yes but if I change it in the mean while, still not fast enough haha cheesy cheesy

Abi o!

You try sha
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Ganja109(m): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
adeboyewareez:

iPhones don't use the 256 bit key AES.
So what type of encryption??
Because i saw it on a reputable blog
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ganja109:

So what type of encryption??
Because i saw it on a reputable blog

Okay then.

I'll advise you read up on 256-bit encryption on Wikipedia, there, you'd find the specifications of devices that use it. I just didn't see iPhone listed as one of those.
Re: Face ID, Finger Sensor And Password: Which Do You Think Is Safest? by Freelancerx: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2018
Finger print

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Hate About Your Blackberry? / Facebook Reels Not Showing For You? How To Make Reels Work In The Facebook App / Best Phone To Get Within 50000-60000 Naira Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.