Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

My You Read Library Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My You Read Library Experience (460 Views)

TUGRIL (the Underground Room In The Library)- Complete Version / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / What Literature Books Did You Read In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My You Read Library Experience by Dasience(f): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2018
I was going to start with ‘late last year’ but I think I have done that twice now. I made so many decisions for this year, everyone wants to get better (I think). Last year, I planned to do a librarary tour especially in Lagos. I targeted public libraries and spaces where people were free to read. The first place on my list was You Read Library, Yaba. You Read Library is a Gtbank CSR initiative and trust me, it is a beautiful space. As a lover of beautiful spaces, I immediately made up my mind to enjoy reading there even without the experience. I have been there already (for book reading sessions) before I actually decided to go read there.

My free day is Friday so I decided to go mid-morning after a failed attempt to wake up early. Fortunately, this was also the period that the Guinness World Record for Reading Aloud was ongoing. I was going to have a great day in that beautiful space.
When I got to You Read Library I met people standing outside but it did not mean anything to me. I casually walked to where the now Guinness world record breaker was making things happen. I stayed there for a while, got up to actually read in the library.

“You can’t go into the library, it is full, you have to wait outside, I will give you a number”, those were the words that welcomed me.

A great day in a beautiful space indeed.

First of all, I am not a library person (even though I was the library prefect in secondary school). I have visited my uni Library thrice, it’s my third year now, I did not go at all in my second year so that was all in my first year. Then I get to this Pinterest-picture worthy space and I have to wait outside. How wonderful is that? I did wait for one hour or so but this was after I went back to where the Guinness World Record attempt was ongoing.

I am not going to lie, it was not a great start. I have been anticipating coming here so much for this ride to flop. It got to my turn, number 42. I made my way inside and still searched for a seat. I finally found an empty seat with a computer. As the Nigerian that I am, I pulled out my charger to charge with the computer.

One minute I am charging my phone, the next I look around and I can’t find my phone. It was so funny because I was sitting by the wall. I asked the person sitting next to me if he saw my phone but prior to me checking for the phone, I was being interrogated by a worker in the library on the reason I was sitting in a seat with a computer.
continue reading on http://dasience.com/my-you-read-library-experience/

(1) (Reply)

Abiku / The Lives And Deeds Of Men (chapter 1) / Blackout (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.