Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Things You Must Know And Do Before, During And After NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Things You Must Know And Do Before, During And After NYSC (640 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Must Know And Do Before, During And After NYSC by patrick1234(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2018
There is no sooner time than now! If there is anything you must know right now as a student who is still in school, before his NYSC, or as young graduate who is currently enjoying his National Youth Service year or as a fellow fresh graduate who has just finished his NYSC. Believe me, those things are the things you must know and do before, during and after your NYSC. I will list them after the other for your better understanding. Also put to mind, that for every article you read, what matters most is the actions you take afterward as a result of your understanding from that article. So let’s begin!

First and foremost, let us talk as brothers, you can refer to me as your fellow and paddy who has passed through the university and served his fatherland before wasting another five years before he found an article like this which helped him unlocked his potentials and changed him to a better and more successful man. Now I am here to talk to you and guide you as my one and only beloved brother or sister who is still in school and who will be going soon for his NYSC.

I want to do my best to make sure that you make the best of every moment and scale through more smoothly and successfully than I did. To get it right without a waste of time simply because you have the privilege of reading this. I will try and analyze the things you must know and do as an undergraduate while you are still in school just before your NYSC.

As a student Before NYSC: Sometimes you will feel you are not lucky enough not to have been given the course of your choice because you think that some courses of study are far better than some others. But trust me, your success does not depend on what course you are studying. It rather depends on who you are and the possibilities in you that you explore. It depends on your ability to offer your environment what it demands. Let me tell you this quickly, she’s got endless demands.

If only you can offer what your environment demands, there is no limit to how successful you can be. This is the reason why you should become an excellent student; a great observer, one who has keen interest in his/her surrounding. It is from knowing what your people need that you can go ahead to offer them values that they are willing to exchange for money. School is not a place where you just come to pick certificate. Remember the old saying, “What’s worth doing at all is worth doing well.”

As a student, you have made it this far but yet your focus must not be shaken. Let me list some few points you must take to heart. Firstly, rediscover yourself, you must be aware of what potentials and possibilities you have. You have to maximize your time in school, you are not here only to pass through the school, you should allow the school to pass through you as well. Do not be like the proverbial ‘triangular student’. A student that only goes to the class, library and hostel. Add more values to yourself by discussing whatever you have learned in class with your colleagues, share knowledge and respect other peoples' thoughts and plans. Read ahead of the class to enable understand the lecturer better.

Things You Must Know and Do Before, During and After NYSC
Things You Must Know and Do Before, During and After NYSC

The best method to lead others is to read more than them. Do not limit yourself to class alone, attend seminars, symposia, etc. to widen your knowledge in your area of studies and beyond. Be an obedient student, in class and to your lecturers. I've found out that in school the easiest way to pass excellently well is to be obey all instructions. Respect your time table and do not take for granted your practical, attendance and assignments. More importantly, learn business skills while still in school. That is one place where a lot of present day graduate cum ex-corp members got it wrong while we were in school. Being a student does not stop you from running a small scale business. There are countless examples of successful multi-millionaire business men today who started as undergraduates. Enough said on that!

Now a Corp Member: Corper shun! Are you happy? Are we good to go It is not easy to have come out that pretty well from university. A journey of four years or so. You are now a graduate! Congratulations! I quite understand the many thoughts, expectations, plans, perceptions, etc. that will be in you right time. But I make bold to tell you; NYSC is never meant to suffer you or aimed to take you this farther from your family and friends. I know very well that there are challenges and that there are fears, but in the midst of it all, I can assure you of victory. All you need is to follow the footstep of those who have gone ahead of you. Like they say, ‘fake it till you make it.’ So here are some of the most important things you must know and do during your NYSC. Firstly, you should see your placement as an opportunity to know more people and learn from them. Learn their culture and values, it is an opportunity you may never find again. Create more friends and gain more connections, you will never know who you might need tomorrow or who might need you or your services in the nearest future. This is also the best time to apply for jobs, attend business conferences

Click the link below to continue reading:

https://dayoadetiloye.com/things-you-must-know-and-do-before-during-and-after-nysc/

(1) (Reply)

Please help a friend out.. NYSC Remobilisation / Dear Serving Nysc Members Has Buhari Increased Your Allowance?? / Vacancy For Corper At Egbeda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.