Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States (4225 Views)

Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by ariesbull: 11:31am On Mar 28, 2018
When the IGR data was released for the year 2017, it told a sad story for the 5 Igbo States namely Enugu. Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia.

None of these states can survive by what the generates as revenue without federal allocation. What it means is that these 5 south eastern states are poor and financially insecure. This is very dangerous. The danger is without federal allocation these 5 south eastern states will not be able to pay salaries or keep the states running. This may result to high borrowing without proper payback financial plan which may further worsen the situation.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

For instance, Cross River State generates more money than Anambra State, and Ogun State generates more money than the entire 5 south eastern states put together last year.

Last year, Anambra State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N115.5 billion, but generated N17.3 billion as Internal Generated Revenue. The danger is that Anambra State spent 6.6 times higher than what the state generated last year. Another danger is when the "free" federal allocation does not pass through a productive channel, it exacerbates inflation. For instance, salaries shouldn't be paid directly with federal allocation. It should be paid from the state "federal allocation" investment proceeds, but this is not the case. I am using Anambra State as a model.

It would have been better if it was the other way round. That is to say Anambra State generates N150 billion as IGR, and gets N10 billion as federal allocation.

Last year, Abia State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N102.5 billion, but generated N14.9 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Enugu State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N105.7 billion, but generated N22 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

Imo State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N131 billion, but generated N6.8 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Ebonyi State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N127.2 billion, but generated N5.1 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Is it that the eastern government has inefficient tax regime? Is the IGR a reflection of the southeastern states' economy? How can the southeastern states become economically viable to the extent of not depending on the federal allocation?

2017 IGR for the selected States below:
(ENUGU - N22,039,222,902.86)
(ANAMBRA - N17,365,385,830.51)
(IMO - N6,850,796,866.07)
(EBONYI - N5,102,902,366.82)
(ABIA - N14,917,141,805.80)

*(OGUN - N74,835,979,000.51) higher than all 5 south eastern states IGR put together.
*(CROSS RIVER N18,104,562,225.62) higher than Anambra State.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

Gloria Akamba

Data source: National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Putinofrussia: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2018
ariesbull:

When the IGR data was released for the year 2017, it told a sad story for the 5 Igbo States namely Enugu. Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia.

None of these states can survive by what the generates as revenue without federal allocation. What it means is that these 5 south eastern states are poor and financially insecure. This is very dangerous. The danger is without federal allocation these 5 south eastern states will not be able to pay salaries or keep the states running. This may result to high borrowing without proper payback financial plan which may further worsen the situation.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

For instance, Cross River State generates more money than Anambra State, and Ogun State generates more money than the entire 5 south eastern states put together last year.

Last year, Anambra State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N115.5 billion, but generated N17.3 billion as Internal Generated Revenue. The danger is that Anambra State spent 6.6 times higher than what the state generated last year. Another danger is when the "free" federal allocation does not pass through a productive channel, it exacerbates inflation. For instance, salaries shouldn't be paid directly with federal allocation. It should be paid from the state "federal allocation" investment proceeds, but this is not the case. I am using Anambra State as a model.

It would have been better if it was the other way round. That is to say Anambra State generates N150 billion as IGR, and gets N10 billion as federal allocation.

Last year, Abia State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N102.5 billion, but generated N14.9 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Enugu State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N105.7 billion, but generated N22 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

Imo State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N131 billion, but generated N6.8 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Ebonyi State passed the 2017 Appropriation Bill of N127.2 billion, but generated N5.1 billion as Internally Generated Revenue.

Is it that the eastern government has inefficient tax regime? Is the IGR a reflection of the southeastern states' economy? How can the southeastern states become economically viable to the extent of not depending on the federal allocation?

*(OGUN - N74,835,979,000.51) higher than all 5 south eastern states IGR put together.
*(CROSS RIVER N18,104,562,225.62) higher than Anambra State.https://etimes.com.ng/2017-internally-generated-revenue-igr-and-the-poor-5-igbo-states/

Gloria Akamba

If Biafra comes,everything will come into place in the land of the rising sun.OP is a. bigot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Qiiiii: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

If Biafra comes,everything will come into place in the land of the rising sun.OP is a. bigot.

You're waiting for Biafuro to come before you generate IGR? That's your new excuse?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by ibotic(f): 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

This is the problem that I have with my fellow flat.heads...
on the one hand, we claim we are marginalized...
on the other hand, we claim we are the most developed...
When economic figures are released...
we claim they are lies.
See the OP who is a serious pro-Igbo member of this forum
he is now being called a bigot for saying the truth about our land
Why can't we be honest and seek proper development...
rather than lie to cover our shame
Chukwu Okike Abiama o

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Qiiiii: 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
When we tell potor clowns IGR is not by the number of markets and shoemakers you have, they'd say we are "jearous"

To raise IGR, you need large industries not those Abe ile factories they have in that region

Besides, how do you expect them to generate IGR when

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/75-manufacturing-firms-close-south-east-bad-roads-poor-infrastructure-5yrs-man/amp/

The so called industrial clusters in that region can't compete with the Lagos - Ogun - Oyo cluster

The region is fuvkin poor.

Also, this is a proof that after Lagos and Ogun, the most industrialized states are Kano, Edo and Kaduna. In that order

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Revenue? What is the essence if government can't utilize it, I rather generate it, and spend it, kaduna and Lagos with higher igr where are their citizen. Poor and wretched so what is the essence? Continue generating igr for the british,

Africa and lack of sense

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by kanubiafra: 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
IF WHAT YOU POSTED IS TRUE WHY DO GET SCARED WHEN WE ASK FOR BIAFRA. WHY NOT LET THE IGBO GO SO YOU CAN ENJOY ALL THE ALLOCATION THAT COMES FROM " WHERE?. From History Even In Colonial Days North Always Had This Shortage That Was augumented With Surplus From The South That Was One Of The Reasons For The Amala-gum-nation To Start With. Further How Come This Regions Did Well Without " Federal Allocation"? How Come This Same North Is The Most Backward From All Stats Taken. This ThreaD Is Actually Made For "Ss" So You Can Make Them Start Shouting " Our Oil" Biafra Technology Will sustain Us With Or Without Oil. We Did It For Three Years Under The Pressure Of War We Can Do It Again. Yes Federal Policies Has Helped To Make Se Unattractive For Investments. For Now Due To "Exclusive List" We Are Forced To Wait For fg To Have Our Airport. SeaPort. Rail. Road Bridge. Etc How Do You Even Expect igr To Grow When ibeto cement. innoson Motors Et All Have To Contend With Fg To Stand. Leaving Us Only gala SellerS

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by muykem: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ogun is taking advantage of it's proximity to Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by ariesbull: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
ibotic:

we claim they are lies.
Chukwu Okike Abiama o

Tomorrow they want to tell me about biafra when they can't even generate sufficient revenue to run their economy....I am Igbo and I stand to be corrected. If biafra comes like this...we would be living like other African countries on hand outs from the West in form of Aid , grants and other intervention projects

If biafra would make us live like this....fūck biafra and let the Eastern Governors put their ass in order and shore up revenue

We have bunch of clowns as governors in the East

Can they push this to from page

8 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by gurnam: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
muykem:
Ogun is taking advantage of it's proximity to Lagos.

Ogun state is taking advantage of it land borders.
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by ZombieTAMER: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
ibotic:

we claim they are lies.
Chukwu Okike Abiama o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Africonji: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
ariesbull:

Tomorrow they want to tell me about biafra when they can't even generate sufficient revenue to run their economy....I am Igbo and I stand to be corrected. If biafra comes like this...we would be living like other African countries on hand outs from the West in form of Aid , grants and other intervention projects

If biafra would make us live like this....fūck biafra and let the Eastern Governors put their ass in order and shore up revenue

Nwanne, I am well known on this fora for speaking the naked truth so I will give it to you raw. Our governors are all stupid. Also, Ndigbo seriously needs reorientation towards this serious issue of funding development. We need less mansions and more industries that can employ people that will contribute to overall development. Nigerian federal government will not develop Igbo land for us, they have showed us that very clearly so what is our next option? Our governors must make our people to realize the importance of tax as a way of government access to needed money for development. By so doing we will also be more able to hold them governors accountable for how they spend our tax money. Every igbo individual that pays tax will feel proud of contributing to igr and development of our land. Like you have showed, our states are not generating enough to stand alone without monthly allocation and this is very dangerous because we have to plan ahead for when Nigeria will break. We need more industries that will employ more of our own and pay tax so that government will have more money to dispose its functions. We need more industries and less hotels and mansions that are not generating revenue.

11 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by obinoral1179(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

so biafra will cum and everything will cum into places.....
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Samusu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
I am highly disappointed. Shiits
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by gidgiddy: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
ariesbull:

Stop talking like an ignorant person. Theres a big difference between IGR and GDP.

Assuming that the these 5 states were to become Biafra tomorow

Abia state as an Oil producing state would control its oil
Imo as sn Oil producing state would control its oil fields
Anambra would control its 2 trillion cubic of gas as well as its Oil fields in Aynamelum, Ogbaru and Otu-Ocha
Ebonyi would control its huge solid mineral deposits such as Gympsum, Limestone, Phosphates etc
And Enugu would control its Coal and Oil (Enugu is one of the few places on Earth where Oil and Coal sit side by side

The potential of these states are huge if they were independent ,however, they do not control their resources. The federal government takes more out of them than it gives.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by aribisala0(m): 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Qiiiii:

You're waiting for Biafuro to come before you generate IGR? That's your new excuse?

Therre is a newer excuse. It is because they are far from Lagos. Apparently that is why Ogun is doing so well.

So After Biafra comes the Biafran Scientists will relocate Biafra to the Lagoon of Lekki

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by aribisala0(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

Stop talking like an ignorant person. Theres a big difference between IGR and GDP.

Anambra would control its 2 trillion cubic of gas as well as its Oil fields in Aynamelum, Ogbaru and Otu-Ocha
Ebonyi would control its huge solid mineral deposits such as Gympsum, Limestone, Phosphates etc
And Enugu would control its Coal and Oil (Enugu is one of the few places on Earth where Oil and Coal sit side by side

The potential of these states are huge if they were independent ,however, they do not control their resources. The federal government takes more out of them than it gives.

I see why Biafra is so important....
Also moving Biafra to the Lekki Lagoon

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Africonji: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

You are being myopic. Let us forget this Oil and minerals for a minute and focus on how to industrialise igboland, I am telling you that this is the only solution. What if we don't get our independence anytime soon? Must we then continue to depend on allocation from Abuja because we don't yet control our resources? Look at Rivers and Delta, they don't control their resources but they have high igr because of the multinational companies there (industries) that pay high taxes. Just the same way Ogun state is enjoying high igr because of the heavy industries there and those industries employ a lot of people who pay taxes every month and the government of the state collects it that is why their igr is high. These states are not 'independent', but they are already enjoying high igr because they have heavy industries in their environment. Even Kano and Kaduna also starting to show signs of high igr because they are collecting more tax than before. Let us not deceive ourselves, we must industrialize and make money from tax or else we are just kidding ourselves. Most governments in the world don't joke with tax so why must our own be different? In the U.S, you can go to jail for evading tax no matter who you are or how highly placed you are.

9 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by deji17: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2018
The naked truth...

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by horsepower101: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
South east governors should just increase taxation on all businesses so that the IGR can increase and make some gullible people feel good...

This has basically become a dick measuring contest and has no reflection on the economic activity of the state.

The average Southeast businessman has probably paid about 4 or more taxes (including bribes) by the time he finally brings his goods to the east to sell. The governors understand these challenges so they try not to tax too high. But some people just don't want to understand that.

In fact at a time of deep recession 2 years ago, Anambra state governor even cut taxes for businesses.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by horsepower101: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
What's the point of having high IGR yet in so much debt?

What the point of having high IGR but civil servants and pensioners are still being owed salaries?

What's the point of high IGR but the nutritional level of the school children is leading to stunted growth?

What is the point of high IGR yet the roads and basic public utilities are not built or well maintained?

What is the point of High IGR yet there is trash everywhere on the street corner?

and so on.

To whom much is given, much is expected..
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by aribisala0(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
Even Messi must pay tax

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Africonji: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
horsepower101:
What's the point of having high IGR yet in so much debt?

What the point of having high IGR but civil servants and pensioners are still being owed salaries?

What's the point of high IGR but the nutritional level of the school children is leading to stunted growth?

What is the point of high IGR yet the roads and basic public utilities are not built or well maintained?

What is the point of High IGR yet there is trash everywhere on the street corner?

and so on.

To whom much is given, much is expected..

I think you are missing the point. I don't care how much debt afonja amass, or how stunted and malnourished they are. If they like they should borrow from here to London. My concern is the self-reliance of Igboland. We have no right to demand so much from our governors if we are not paying our dues. Do you not see the brain drain happening in Igboland? Why must our graduates travel out to find work? A lot of our young men that don't want to own a shop in Onitsha and Aba have to leave the region. This nonsense must end. We must industrialise and keep our best brains in igboland. Right now all of South East is dependent on Oil money allocation and that is not good. How much is the allocation even? It is peanuts compared to what we really need to grow Igboland. Nigeria will break one day, we must start to prepare right now. Industrialisation is the way forward. I am done here.

7 Likes

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by horsepower101: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
Africonji:

I think you are missing the point. I don't care how much debt afonja amass, or how stunted and malnourished they are. If they like they should borrow from here to London. My concern is the self-reliance of Igboland. We have no right to demand so much from our governors if we are not paying our dues. Do you not see the brain drain happening in Igboland? Why must our graduates travel out to find work? A lot of our young men that don't want to own a shop in Onitsha and Aba have to leave the region. This nonsense must end. We must industrialise and keep our best brains in igboland. Right now all of South East is dependent on Oil money allocation and that is not good. How much is the allocation even? It is peanuts compared to what we really need to grow Igboland. Nigeria will break one day, we must start to prepare right now. Industrialisation is the way forward. I am done here.

Dude you are all over the place with your response BUT I understand some of your frustration.
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by gidgiddy: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Africonji:

You are being myopic. Let us forget this Oil and minerals for a minute and focus on how to industrialise igboland, I am telling you that this is the only solution. What if we don't get our independence anytime soon? Must we then continue to depend on allocation from Abuja because we don't yet control our resources? Look at Rivers and Delta, they don't control their resources but they have high igr because of the multinational companies there (industries) that pay high taxes. Just the same way Ogun state is enjoying high igr because of the heavy industries there and those industries employ a lot of people who pay taxes every month and the government of the state collects it that is why their igr is high. These states are not 'independent', but they are already enjoying high igr because they have heavy industries in their environment. Even Kano and Kaduna also starting to show signs of high igr because they are collecting more tax than before. Let us not deceive ourselves, we must industrialize and make money from tax or else we are just kidding ourselves. Most governments in the world don't joke with tax so why must our own be different? In the U.S, you can go to jail for evading tax no matter who you are or how highly placed you are.

The high IGR is as a result of the huge investments in Oil and Gas that already exists in Delta and Rivers. But despite the large IGR, Rivers and Delta have little to show for it because of the 'Nigerian factor'

The point to be made here is that Igbo land cannot achieve its full potential as long as it is in Nigeria.

My village in Anambra lost out of an investment worth millions of Euros from a German water bottling company that they were considering to build a new plant in my town. The Germans were already agitated because of Boko Haram in Nigeria but the herdsmen killings earliermade them pullout, just because we are part of Nigeria. Something similar happend with a Chinese company last year.

There are many international investors shying away from Nigeria due to sectarian violence. How can we industrialise when we dont have autonomy, control of our resources or even stable power?

Nigeria is bad for business and we should be talking about our independence.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by BiafraIShere(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2018
Who is this !diot??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Africonji: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

The high IGR is as a result of the huge investments in Oil and Gas that already exists in Delta and Rivers. But despite the large IGR, Rivers and Delta have little to show for it because of the 'Nigerian factor'

The point to be made here is that Igbo land cannot achieve its full potential as long as it is in Nigeria.

My village in Anambra lost out of an investment worth millions of Euros from a German water bottling company that they were considering to build a new plant in my town. The Germans were already agitated because of Boko Haram in Nigeria but the herdsmen killings earliermade them pullout, just because we are part of Nigeria. Something similar happend with a Chinese company last year.

There are many international investors shying away from Nigeria due to sectarian violence. How can we industrialise when we dont have autonomy, control of our resources or even stable power?

Nigeria is bad for business and we should be talking about our independence.

I understand you nwanne. But we can still try to prepare because this zoo will fall, and I foresee it happening in less than five years. We must prepare our people for what is coming by being self-sufficient as soon as possible. Federal allocation is a deception and we must not get carried away with it.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by BiafraIShere(m): 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
ariesbull:

You are not Igbo but if by any stroke of misfortune it happens that you are, then.... Aburu gi onu!!!
You are comparing Ogun that is reaping off on its proximity to Lagos, which on its own is where everything of worth in Nigeria is domiciled!! Do you know the amount of revenue that will be accruing to the SE if Nigeria is practicing true federalism? What is the Ogun state governor doing differently that is growing his states IGR that others are not doing?
Nwa bingo, Iwu ozu nwuru anwu kiss kiss
Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by HiddenShadow: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
ariesbull:

Gloria Akamba

Why then oppose Biafra.

Nigerians are confused

1 Like

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by Uchek(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
Why don't you support fiscal federalism and true federalism so that each region will control its resources and endowments and uses it to develop its region. The IGR of this current fraudulent federation is not a reflection of the true talent and potential of each component region. Rather it is a reflection post-Biafra unitary structure and centralization of commanding height of the economy that was instituted in Nigeria by the hausa/Fulani and Yoruba war alliance.

I live in USA. I have to go through Lagos most of the time if l visit Nigeria because aviation is an exclusive preserve of the fed government. In a restructured Nigeria, l won't near Lagos even if you offer me free overnight hotel. I will arrive Enugu (or Port Harcourt) and in less than 2 hours l am chilling in my village in Owerri. A full-fledged Enugu International Airport will impact the entire South East. 100 international flights arriving Enugu Airport every week will transform the whole of south east. It will become an economic engine for the entire South East providing employment and economic growth. Currently, Lagos State unfairly benefits from the defective Nigerian structure. It is unfair that the Igbos have aa significant Diaspora population, yet we have no full-fledged international airport. Enugu Airport was only converted to international airport les than 4 years ago by Stella Oduah yet it is fourth class airport. Do you think if Nigeria institutes fiscal federalism, Enugu Airport will remain the way it is?

PLEASE DO MORE POSTINGS SUPPORTING RESOURCE CONTROL AND FISCAL FEDERALISM. THEN AFTER FEW YEARS WE WILL COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE IGR OF EACH REGION/STATE. THE PLAYING FIELD WOULD HAVE BEEN LEVELED.

ariesbull:

Gloria Akamba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) And The "Poor" 5 Igbo States by nku5: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

The money from minerals and Oil and Gas would just be jara. The money from the VAT and Companies Income Tax that Abuja is currently collecting will be huge

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers APC Crisis: Magnus Abe Mocks Rotimi Amaechi, Celebrates Supreme Court E / 50% Of All The Poor People In The World Are in These Five Countries - World bank / Peter Obi's Strange Handshake At The Court Of Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.