Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized (1357 Views)

Is Ogun State Governor The Most Clueless Governor In Nigeria? / We Are Highly Marginalized In South West - Yoruba Elders / Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
Every one knows that Ogun state is the next big thing set to overtake Lagos in 10 years. We often hear cries from our bulodas in Kano and Kaduna that they are being held back because the FG refused to give them a sea port.
We know Ogun state has a waterside that can host a seaport too but because it is so close to Lagos Ogun is SUFFERING and being denied what rightfully should be theirs

Now Ogun state does not have a fuctional airport even though the NW region has airports in Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto.
Is this fair?

Ogun desperately needs an airport to service the growing population and which potentially would serve the East of Lagos and ease Congestion in Lagos.

This is long overdue. However I would adjure the good people of Ogun not to wait for the FG to do it because they will wait for ever. rather they should look inwards to their own resources and resourcefulness and set a target for completion.

An airport in Ogun would change the Ogun story phenomenally.
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by godfatherx: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
Airport in Ogun State will on the long run be a total waste of resources. There are several state capitals that have no business having airports. Of what use is airport that parades only 2 to 4 commercial flights daily?
Imo, Cross River, Ondo, Enugu, Gombe, Ilorin and Yola are just waste of resources. They all do single flight out to Lagos and/or Abuja daily - think of the waste, when other airports around the world are boasting of as much as an aircraft taking off every 5 mins.

What we have in Nigeria are airports serving the private jets of corrupt politicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2018
godfatherx:
Airport in Ogun State will on the long run be a total waste of resources. There are several state capitals that have no business having airports. Of what use is airport that parades only 2 to 4 commercial flights daily?
Imo, Cross River, Ondo, Enugu, Gombe, Ilorin and Yola are just waste of resources. They all do single flight out to Lagos and/or Abuja daily - think of the waste, when other airports around the world are boasting of as much as an aircraft taking off every 5 mins.

What we have in Nigeria are airports serving the private jets of corrupt politicians.
What do you base this on ? Feasibility studies or emotion.
Do you know that by car you can get to Ogun state from Lekki and VI before Ikeja. Very soon there will be a Free trade zone in Lekki so inevitably there will be an airport around there. The question is whether to locate it in Lekki, Epe or somewhere like Sagamu or Ijebu Ode.

International airports do not have to be massive to be viable. There is an airport in Manchester and Birmingham none of them with a population any where near Ogun. Infact an Ogun airport makes a lot of sense because it would service much of the SW without a need to come too Lagos and it would help grow the economy.

On what basis did you detemine that it woud be 2-4 commercial flights daily. ?

Where do all the international travellers frro Oyo and Osun and Ogun go? If I live in Ikorodu or Epe and there is an airport in Sagamu why would I go to Ikeja?? Same thing for Lekki and Ajah?

London
Barcelona
New York all have more than one airport. The case for an airport in gun is overwhelmingly strong.

None of those states you mention is in the same position as Ogun.

In terms of size if you combine Lagos with Ogun they are smaller than Kano. The second Lagos airport should be in Ijebu Ode or Sagamu

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by doyinbaby(f): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
No need for airport in Ogun....it will be overtaking by grass....mind you I am an indigene of Ogun...... what Ogun need is more industries.more industries.agricultural revolution do that the people can out of poverty........,how many people from my state have money for plane travel

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Ttipsy(f): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
resource control will end all this. simple
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
doyinbaby:
No need for airport in Ogun....it will be overtaking by grass....mind you I am an indigene of Ogun...... what Ogun need is more industries.more industries.agricultural revolution do that the people can out of poverty........,how many people from my state have money for plane travel
How many of the people who travel in Lagos are from Lagos?

It does not work like that.

If you board any plane coming into Lagos . How many passengers do you think will sleep in Lagos that night.

The airport would serve parts of Lagos and other SW states too Even Edo state . Your assumptions about who the airport would serve are not accurate. If you travel to the airport in Ikeja from Ikorodu you could spend 3 hours in traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Daviddson(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
doyinbaby:
If you're from Ogun, you won't be typing what you just typed. Ogun State is reputed to have the highest concentration of industries in Nigeria. And I can attest to that because I've been there.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by doyinbaby(f): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
Daviddson:
If you're from Ogun, you won't be typing what you just typed. Ogun State is reputed to have the highest concentration of industries in Nigeria. I can attest to that because I've been there.
Nigerians like wasteful project is airport in Ibadan and Akure functioning effectively......hmmmm how many people they fly ..how often do they fly.... grass go plenty for the airport

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by resurgentxtian4: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
I am from Ogun State and I don’t think we need an airport. What we need is fast metro rail link with LAGOS (I would love to live in Abeokuta and work on lagos island) for easy commute of goods and people between the two states. Cefini!

Why waste resources on a wasteful venture? How many Ogun residents fly airplanes?

God just give our leaders the sense and will to do good. Is common sense so difficult to have? cry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
doyinbaby:
Nigerians like wasteful project is airport in Ibadan and Akure functioning effectively......hmmmm how many people they fly ..how often do they fly.... grass go plenty for the airport
They are not comparable what do you know about the projects? In Akure and Ibadan do you kno the technical details of the runway? Thse two airports are not botto up projects and even those could be viable with the right approach especially Ibadan

I will tell you what Nigerians really like.

It is to pronounce with certainty without evidence.

What is required is to do a feasibility study which is what I am advocating rather than pronounce with the finality of a suprme Court judge without any analysis

The Ibadan and Akure scenarios are in no way comparable.

There simply i not the runway capacity to support international travel. One thing that is clear is that the runway capacity in Ikeja is inadequate
The choices would be to construct additional runways and or build another airport in Lagos or Ogun State.

I favour Ogun State for one reason much of Lagos is residential and the environmental hazard of noise pollution living next to an airport is a nightmare.
I am sure if not for the economic downturn we would have by now been talking of a Lekki Airport t support the Free Trade Zone.

So my idea is a feasibility study for an airport in Sagamu or Ijebu Ode. I do not claim to know what the outcoe of that would be , I believe it would be favorable but that is just a belief same as your negative belief .The only difference being you pretend to know what everyone else does not
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
The fundamental problem here i tapping into the illusion that geographically Lagos and Ogun are separate. That may be an administrative reality but in 30 years time which is what strategic thinking is all about the 9000 Square kilometres of Lagos State will not hold the over 20 million inhabitants .Whether the two actually mmerge remains to be seen. That is what is called vision ,looking into the future not the past
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Gazzy88(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
Why ijebu ode or Sagamu and not Abeokuta the state capital? I can see you're from ijebu...a tribalist like you. So Abeokuta can't host the airport? For your info,currently Ogun state govt have started the construction of a massive airport at wasimi in ewekoro LGA. Get your facts right oga.
aribisala0:
Do you know that by car you can get to Ogun state from Lekki and VI before Ikeja. Very soon there will be a Free trade zone in Lekki so inevitably there will be an airport around there. The question is whether to locate it in Lekki, Epe or somewhere like Sagamu or Ijebu Ode.

International airports do not have to be massive to be viable. There is an airport in Manchester and Birmingham none of them with a population any where near Ogun. Infact an Ogun airport makes a lot of sense because it would service much of the SW without a need to come too Lagos and it would help grow the economy.

Where do all the international travellers frro Oyo and Osun and Ogun go? If I live in Ikorodu or Epe and there is an airport in Sagamu why would I go to Ikeja?? Same thing for Lekki and Ajah?

London
Barcelona
New York all have more than one airport. The case for an airport in gun is overwhelmingly strong.

In terms of size if you combine Lagos with Ogun they are smaller than Kano. The second Lagos airport should be in Ijebu Ode or Sagamu

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Gazzy88(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
doyinbaby:
majority of you will just come online to display ignorance. Ogun has the largest concentration of industries, FACT. What industries are you still referring to and who told you people in ogun are extremely poor. Go to sokoto,kebbi,ebonyi,ekiti etc to see what poverty is. Lagos is linked by all land borders through ogun state hence the need for "spillover" which includes airport. An effectively planned airport will relieve lagos airport of congestion thanks to proximity. Currently, ogun is building her airport and according to sources,it will firstly be for cargo purposes before graduating to full airport. The present administration in ogun is working day and night to turn ogun into the envy of others. In the last few weeks,many industries have already started the construction of their plants in Ogun. Pass through Sagamu interchange enroute Abeokuta to confirm my assertion. Don't just daydream in lagos and think nothing is happening elsewhere. Ogun is moving,you better come invest home if truly you're from here. We don't want people to claim ogun indigene from afar. With a dry-port to compliment the airport,that's gonna be a massive business opportunity for ogun govt. Think outside the box and stop being mediocre in your thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
Gazzy88:
majority of you will just come online to display ignorance. Ogun has the largest concentration of industries, FACT. What industries are you still referring to and who told you people in ogun are extremely poor. Go to sokoto,kebbi,ebonyi,ekiti etc to see what poverty is. Lagos is linked by all land borders through ogun state hence the need for "spillover" which includes airport. An effectively planned airport will relieve lagos airport of congestion thanks to proximity. Currently, ogun is building her airport and according to sources,it will firstly be for cargo purposes before graduating to full airport. The present administration in ogun is working day and night to turn ogun into the envy of others. In the last few weeks,many industries have already started the construction of their plants in Ogun. Pass through Sagamu interchange enroute Abeokuta to confirm my assertion. Don't just daydream in lagos and think nothing is happening elsewhere. Ogun is moving,you better come invest home if truly you're from here. We don't want people to claim ogun indigene from afar. With a dry-port to compliment the airport,that's gonna be a massive business opportunity for ogun govt. Think outside the box and stop being mediocre in your thinking.
Do you have a certificate to pronounce you less ignorant than any one.
Learn to be civil and courteous in dealing with people. At worst you see things from a different perspective. I am sure you do not know everything. To that extent everyone is ignorant of something so quit the bullying act and learn some manners.

Your first quote to me was to start talking about Ijebu this and that. That is totally unnecessary and obnoxious. I chose to ignore you but it seems you want to spoil the thread with your brashness. I have zero tolerance for obnoxious gits like you . You are an irrelevance . So do us all a favour. Shut up and get lost

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Gazzy88(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
Do you have a certificate to pronounce you less ignorant than any one.
Learn to be civil and courteous in dealing with people. At worst you see things from a different perspective. I am sure you do not know everything. To that extent everyone is ignorant of something so quit the bullying act and learn some manners.

Your first quote to me was to start talking about Ijebu this and that. That is totally unnecessary and obnoxious. I chose to ignore you but it seems you want to spoil the thread with your brashness. I have zero tolerance for obnoxious gits like you . You are an irrelevance . So do us all a favour. Shut up and get lost
So far you're not seun who owns this great forum,you've got no right to shut me up. I don't know everything but can you tell the whole world why you chose ijebu ode and Sagamu ahead of the state capital,Abeokuta? Answer the question or sod off!
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Gazzy88:
So far you're not seun who owns this great forum,you've got no right to shut me up. I don't know everything but can you tell the whole world why you chose ijebu ode and Sagamu ahead of the state capital,Abeokuta? Answer the question or sod off!
You are little boy, immature with no manners and no social skills. Maybe you are autistic in which case I could excuse you

You can deliver a lecture if you like asoro magbesi you certainly do not have what it takes to have a conversation .
You asked your question and you gave the answer according to you i am "Ijebu tribalist" wha more do you want since you have it figured out?

I do not believe you are interested in anyone's opinions since you know it all.Definitely if you are you don't know how to elicit them. Be assured your approach of canine snarling and growling won't work.

You are a pesky little midge

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Gazzy88(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
You are little boy, immature with no manners and no social skills. Maybe you are autistic in which case I could excuse you

You can deliver a lecture if you like asoro magbesi you certainly do not have what it takes to have a conversation .
You asked your question and you gave the answer according to you i am "Ijebu tribalist" wha more do you want since you have it figured out?

I do not believe you are interested in anyone's opinions since you know it all.Definitely if you are you don't know how to elicit them. Be assured your approach of canine snarling and growling won't work.

You are a pesky little midge
Enough of those lousy grammatical pettiness and answer the question. You can't just wake up,perhaps after a rough night of 5 bottles of Heineken beer,and open a thread in a bid to make "sense" for the govt. If you want a change, oga Ade join politics and impact the change you desire and stop your childish advises and uncanny views. You even have a clout to call me a child. "We don't want 'adekodere' to give us advise on how things should be done in Ogun". You've been noticed Mr 'afenu wako koo jaamu"

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Shawnnn01: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
Every one knows that Ogun state is the next big thing set to overtake Lagos in 10 years. We often hear cries from our bulodas in Kano and Kaduna that they are being held back because the FG refused to give them a sea port.
We know Ogun state has a waterside that can host a seaport too but because it is so close to Lagos Ogun is SUFFERING and being denied what rightfully should be theirs

Now Ogun state does not have a fuctional airport even though the NW region has airports in Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto.
Is this fair?

Ogun desperately needs an airport to service the growing population and which potentially would serve the East of Lagos and ease Congestion in Lagos.

This is long overdue. However I would adjure the good people of Ogun not to wait for the FG to do it because they will wait for ever. rather they should look inwards to their own resources and resourcefulness and set a target for completion.

Ego tripping de worry you.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Gazzy88:
Enough of those lousy grammatical pettiness and answer the question. You can't just wake up,perhaps after a rough night of 5 bottles of Heineken beer,and open a thread in a bid to make "sense" for the govt. If you want a change, oga Ade join politics and impact the change you desire and stop your childish advises and uncanny views. You even have a clout to call me a child. "We don't want 'adekodere' to give us advise on how things should be done in Ogun". You've been noticed Mr 'afenu wako koo jaamu"
Try to save face but you and I will not have any conversation. Go and learn how to behave among human beings
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by omohayek: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
I am from Ogun State and I don’t think we need an airport. What we need is fast metro rail link with LAGOS (I would love to live in Abeokuta and work on lagos island) for easy commute of goods and people between the two states. Cefini!

Why waste resources on a wasteful venture? How many Ogun residents fly airplanes?

God just give our leaders the sense and will to do good. Is common sense so difficult to have? cry undecided
You have it 100% correct. Fast rail links for both people and goods will do far more good for Ogun than yet another underutilized airport that sucks up precious revenues. With proper rail links, there is simply no reason why it should take more than 15-30 minutes to get from anywhere in Ogun right up into even Lagos Island, and the ability to do that would do wonders for property values all across Ogun state, bringing a development boom of gigantic proportions. Then just imagine how much more manufacturing would flock to the state if manufacturers knew they could be guaranteed to get their wares right up to the Apapa and Lekki ports within a day at the very most? This is the crucial thing that would turn the SW from just Nigeria's manufacturing center into all of West Africa's, and potentially a global one some day down the line.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2018
One day there will be 20-30 million people in Lagos and Ogun.

They will not always be poor. They will cook with gas and no longer kerosene
They will have disposable income and want to flex
it might seem like such a long way off but it was not so long ago when only the rich had mobile phones.

That day Young people would say to their friends let us check out what is happening in Abidjan or Kigali tomorrow and off they go.
They will fly and enjoy what seems only for the rich

when that day come there will be more than 10 airports in the SW .which is about the size of the UK

Seeing the future is not for negative people

Scotland with 5 million people has at least 3 international airports

1 Like

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by LibertyRep: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:

Is this fair?

A cargo airport sould be alright for now.
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
LibertyRep:

A cargo airport sould be alright for now.
Why do you say that? Any basis ?
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Omololu001: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
The fundamental problem here i tapping into the illusion that geographically Lagos and Ogun are separate. That may be an administrative reality but in 30 years time which is what strategic thinking is all about the 9000 Square kilometres of Lagos State will not hold the over 20 million inhabitants .Whether the two actually mmerge remains to be seen. That is what is called vision ,looking into the future not the past
more than 20 million people can live and work in Lagos, make research before writing
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Omololu001: 9:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
I am from Ogun State and I don’t think we need an airport. [/b]What we need is fast metro rail link with LAGOS (I would love to live in Abeokuta and work on lagos island) for easy commute of goods and people between the two states. Cefini![b]

I fully support this
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Omofunaab2: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
doyinbaby:

Stop saying nonsense, who told you people from Ogun state are poor?

Although I don't really buy the idea of Airport but saying Ogun state residents can't afford flight tickets is nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by aribisala0(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
Omololu001:
more than 20 million people can live and work in Lagos, make research before writing
Guy you are entitled to your opinion if you want to have a conversation be polite.
If you want to offload testosterone find a woman
Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by mikolo80: 12:55am On Mar 29, 2018
oya go build d airport na
aribisala0:

London
Barcelona

Re: Is Ogun State Being Deliberately Marginalized by Gazzy88(m): 7:09am On Mar 29, 2018
aribisala0:
Try to save face but you and I will not have any conversation. Go and learn how to behave among human beings
Good morning,we don't hold grudges here,we share love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not The First African President To Visit Trump At The White House / Reno Omokri fires at GMB and CAN on Twitter / Saraki's Boy Bolaji Abdulahi Returned As APC National Publicity Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.