Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Which Book Are U Reading? - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are U Reading? (16961 Views)

Which Book Changed Your Life? / What Book Are You Reading Right Now? / What Book Are You Reading Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by 9tailskid: 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Twrecks:

Thanks. I just sent you a pm. I don't do much e-reading because I don't know where to download them. I have Angels and demons by Dan Brown PDF though. You'd like that

okay, i'm about to send it.. Yeah, i'd like the Angels and Demons too cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Great, stay tuned.
Thanks. still waiting though.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
BedLam:
My stars forbid I will ever hold a book to my face. The convenience and flexibility that audio books bring is next to none. You can multitask and listen and repeat as you like. Even faster way of reading.
Reading “The case for Enlightenment “.

You're not a serious reader. You like stories or the warmth of spoken words but not a reader. No true reader prefers audiobooks over text.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by BedLam: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

You're not a serious reader. You like stories or the warmth of spoken words but not a reader. No true reader prefers audiobooks over text.
Go to hell! We all have different ways to better assimilate information. Don't come here and be passing your lame and 16th century judgment.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
BedLam:
Go to hell! We all have different ways to better assimilate information. Don't come here and be passing your lame and 16th century judgment.

You mentioned multi-tasking whilst reading - lol.

You're not a serious reader and there is nothing 16th century about my observation.

Can you read a book and drive a car? No.

Can you listen to an audio book and drive a car? Yes.

Therein lies the distinction.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by koxyz: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
microbaris:
angry How?

Check the book out and see for yourself.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by aamstih: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Why don't you drop your WhatsApp line?

bellville:
I am reading "Great Brand Blunders" by Rob Gray.

Order books online. Check my siggy. Free delivery promo on 3 or more books ends today. Fast delivery nation wide
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Ibukun003(m): 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Soar by T.D Jakes.

Would be through with it unfailingly today by His grace.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by mayor007(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
The Siege Of Mecca.

Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by clemz85(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Youngsage:

You are reading all these at the same time? shocked

Yes, in a different manner,
Like studying and research, one book makes reference to another, I dig it

I didn't even mention bible, though I don't see it as literary book
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Enosa1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mbmohammed:

pls can you sent me soft copy to my email
Send me your email address
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by bellville: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
aamstih:
Why don't you drop your WhatsApp line?

whatsapp 08149279674.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
CharleyBright:

Great book.
I was actually waiting if anyone is Reading any of Max Siollun's book.
Also read Oil, Politics and Violence by Max Siollun. Breathtaking true event analysis of all key characters of the Nigerian army since independence till date
These are books any Nigerian should want to read and own.
Great History and lessons for today and the future.

pls send can u send me Soldier of Fortune in PDF? Would like to read again.
I don't have the PDF. I got it on scribd, and it's unshareable. Didn't know about Oil, Politics and Violence. I was sha wondering why he started from 1983 in Soldiers of Fortune. Didn't know there was a prequel. I am sure going to read this.

Thanks bro.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
peetay:

He makes complete light work of it. And other superstitions too. You will see things very differently after reading. I'm halfway through but I feel so enlightened and empowered. Knowledge is power indeed.

Wow. I would love to read this. Chai, there are so many books to read in this world cry cry cry
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
clemz85:

Brotherly, occult is just an expression the founding Elites used to keep the public away
From divine mysteries and Ancient wisdom
Yepa shocked shocked shocked Make I run commot for this joint grin grin grin
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
BedLam:
Why not harness the wandering to a greater extent where you think deep? It happens to me because I only listen to heavy books. From Psychology, sociology, public policy , economics, sciences anything along that line.
Wandering, I can actually get my brain to recreate the image of what is being discused.

Adam Grant and Nicholas Nassim Taleb are some of my faves.

Nassim Taleb? I have a hard time understanding the guy in text sef, not to talk of audiobooks. Where do you get your audiobooks from, Audible?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hadeehart101:

Just like Jesus did, I'm patiently waiting for this cup to be taken away from me cry
I'll keep you in my prayers wink wink wink
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 5:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
Coolcash1:
I am reading Intelligent investor and Security Analysis by Ben Graham...powerful books

Wow. I just finished reading Intelligent Investor and it was awesome, although it required a lot of patience. After finishing Intelligent Investor, I decided to try Graham's book on interpreting Financial Statements. O boy, if you see the kine headache wey that book give me ehnn grin grin grin .I even tried to read a simpler contemporary book and I also got a bit of headache grin grin grin .

I just put aside investing books and have decided to use a mutual fund. I cannur come and kill myself.

How are you finding Security Analysis? I heard it's also quite technical but worth it. Learning Security Analysis requires a steep learning curve for me (I'm a law student). Do you have any financial background?

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
petermuller:
If you're eager to read a book and don't know which one
Visit www.revhaven.com for book reviews
Are the one running this website?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by mytym(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2018
shervydman:
I'm currently reading ICON by Frederick Forsyth.

What about u?

Mere Christianity by C. S Lewis
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by streamsofjoy(f): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Victosin09:
Hi, please do you have the PDF version? You can send to me using my moniker at gmail.com. thank you.

Oh sorry, I dnt.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by BedLam: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
olyrayy:

Nassim Taleb? I have a hard time understanding the guy in text sef, not to talk of audiobooks. Where do you get your audiobooks from, Audible?
Hehe. The guy is so thick and heavy. Yes I do get mine from audible. Sometimes I have to go back and repeat just to know what he’s talking about.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by BedLam: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

You mentioned multi-tasking whilst reading - lol.

You're not a serious reader and there is nothing 16th century about my observation.

Can you read a book and drive a car? No.

Can you listen to an audio book and drive a car? Yes.

Therein lies the distinction.
A lot of people users audio books now and who told you I don’t get what the book is about while doing other things ? You are archaic and that’s it. Can you listen to yourself?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
BedLam:
Hehe. The guy is so thick and heavy. Yes I do get mine from audible. Sometimes I have to go back and repeat just to know what he’s talking about.

I follow him on Medium. He just released a new book, Skin in the Game. He posts excerpts from the book on Medium. Whenever I read his excerpts, I make sure there is complete silence, but I don't still get it sad The funniest thing is that other people do, and it's kind of like I'm missing out on a joke cry

I read Black Swan in the past, when I was a bit younger, can't say I really understood. Maybe I'll get him if I read again.
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by BedLam: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
olyrayy:

I follow him on Medium. He just released a new book, Skin in the Game. He posts excerpts from the book on Medium. Whenever I read his excerpts, I make sure there is complete silence, but I don't still get it sad The funniest thing is that other people do, and it's kind of like I'm missing out on a joke cry

I read Black Swan in the past, when I was a bit younger, can't say I really understood. Maybe I'll get him if I read again.
I did read the Skin the game. You should...
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Hadeehart101(f): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
olyrayy:
I'll keep you in my prayers wink wink wink
That would be much appreciated. Thanks smiley
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
BedLam:
I did read the Skin the game. You should...
Wow. It's a new book, where did you get it?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by olyrayy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hadeehart101:

That would be much appreciated. Thanks smiley
You prepping for ICAN or just regular school work?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by BedLam: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
olyrayy:

Wow. It's a new book, where did you get it?
audible
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Hadeehart101(f): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
olyrayy:
You prepping for ICAN or just regular school work?
Unfortunately, both
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Testimony44: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ibukun003:
Soar by T.D Jakes.
Would be through with it unfailingly today by His grace.
bro you get soft copy sir?
Re: Which Book Are U Reading? by Jbruce: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
just finished reading RICH DAD POOR DAD
now reading BUSINESS OF 21ST CENTURY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda, Bill Gates, Prince Charles In London For Malaria Summit- Pictures / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels / Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.