Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN (17010 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie At Paris Fashion Week (Photos) / Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by onomefm(f): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
(CNN)Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was named as the new face of Boots No7 beauty range, Tuesday, further securing her position as one of the most influential African women in the world.

The move is more than a meaningless celebrity endorsement. Adichie's love of makeup is no secret: "I love make-up and its wonderful possibilities for temporary transformation. "And I also love my face after I wash it all off," she said in a statement published in British Vogue.

"There is something exquisitely enjoyable about seeing yourself with a self-made new look.
"And for me that look is deeply personal. It isn't about what is in fashion or what the rules are supposed to be."
Related video: Turning 'Half of a Yellow Sun' into film

Adichie has not hidden her issues with the beauty industry. Like many women of color in the spotlight, she has previously admitted to carrying her own foundation with her at all times, in case the makeup artist does not have her shade.
She has also spoken about the false promises peddled to women to world over. "I think much of beauty advertising relies on a false premise -- that women need to be treated in an infantile way, given a 'fantasy' to aspire to..." she said in an interview with British Vogue.
"Real women are already inspired by other real women, so perhaps beauty advertising needs to get on board."
The public seem to think Boots got it right with Adichie, choosing someone that is both relatable and influential.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/19/africa/chimamanda-adichie-influence-africa/index.html?sr=cnnitw

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Built2last: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
How do this people arrive at this most influential this influential that.

21st century media na wash. 54 countries make up Africa. You say she is most influential. How did you arrive at that biko. Not hating. Am asking the media.

If you say Ngozi okonjo iweala known by almost all heads of government in Africa. Known by all multinationals in Africa and still soaring at the global stage. Atleast she has an impeccable resume, I will understand but Chimamanda. ..naaa. she is still coming up.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by mastermaestro(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Bedroom gist. Most influential where? undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by gwales: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Not even in her state

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by otukpo(f): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
How?
I still don't understand this her influence.

2 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Mynd44: 6:12am On Oct 24, 2016
gwales:
Not even in her state
Not even in the other room cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by veekid(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2016
If you ask me now; na who I go ask

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by orimsamsam(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2016
Abeg how dem dey rate am. Make them tell us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by trishapal(f): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Who is she influencing?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by jejemanito: 6:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Potentially Yes.

Simply Because The Gospel Of Feminism She's Spreading Will Soon Have A Wild-fire-like Reaction From African Broads Within The Next Few Years

The Sparks Have Already Taken Off

Ask Bubu Wetin Him See For Aisha Hand, He Will Explain Better

29 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Cool cool

God Bless Southeastern Nigeria cool

#SenatorSamuelAnyanwu2019

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 24, 2016
orimsamsam:

mastermaestro:
Bedroom gist. Most influential where? undecided

gwales:
Not even in her state

trishapal:
Who is she influencing?

orimsamsam:

Look At Them... Ndi Obi Ojoo!! Haters

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Osyxcel(m): 6:16am On Oct 24, 2016
No, she's not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Yeah she is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by walosky(m): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2016
na who her influence epp?
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by padypadyng(m): 6:18am On Oct 24, 2016
I haven't got the time t read any of her books, hearing she is the most influential woman in Africa, I most say that statement is absolutely wrong

5 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Rilwayne001: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2016
To me, NOI is the most influential woman in Africa. That woman is my role model wink wink

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Built2last:
How do this people arrive at this most influential this influential that.

21st century media na wash. 54 countries make up Africa. You say she is most influential. How did you arrive at that biko. Not hating. Am asking the media.

If you say Ngozi okonjo iweala known by almost all heads of government in Africa. Known by all multinationals in Africa and still soaring at the global stage. Atleast she has an impeccable resume, I will understand but Chimamanda. ..naaa. she is still coming up.
Where exactly are you driving to? are you judging her based on her resume or achievement?

5 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by GeoOla25(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2016
who she epp??

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2016
She is not even influential in the Eastern part of Nigeria and largely Unknown in other parts of Nigeria.

Who she influence?

6 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by dejavubobo1(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2016
here in Kosovo island we don't know that name...
Maybe Patience or Aisha ll do for us grin #other room ppl
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2016
Thinking of what to eat today with the 30naira I have left in my pocket, you dey talk of influential, influential ko, inflation nii

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by jejemanito: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Cool cool

God Bless Southeastern Nigeria cool

#SenatorSamuelAnyanwu2019
How Much Senator Anyanwu Take Hire You Self? undecided

13 Likes

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by takenadoh: 6:23am On Oct 24, 2016
abeg where she dey influence!!!!

even Linda get more influence!!!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by takenadoh: 6:24am On Oct 24, 2016
abeg where she dey influence!!!!
even Linda more influence!!!!!!
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Sealeddeal(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Some people will come here and disagree because they expect to hear Folurunsho Alakija.
Madam Amanda Adichie carry go. Na you Biko.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by orimsamsam(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2016
iamexcelblog:

Look At Them... Ndi Obi Ojoo!! Haters
lolz. Here comes ur problem again. Always believing everybody is against u.

Was only asking how they rate her as the most influencia woman in world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:27am On Oct 24, 2016
jejemanito:
How Much Senator Anyanwu Take Hire You Self?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by orimsamsam(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2016
jejemanito:

How Much Senator Anyanwu Take Hire You Self?
me self they wonder ooo.

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by MrExcel(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Kwot! So she is more influential than Aisha Buhari or even SirLeaf who is even the president of Liberia? Anyways, make I ask , wetin be influential? (Bajju Pikin)
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by ezechueze(m): 6:31am On Oct 24, 2016
OK
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Fortissimo502: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2016
abejide1000:
Thinking of what to eat today with the 30naira I have left in my pocket, you dey talk of influential, influential ko, inflation nii

Na garium and gnut sure pass.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Which African Writer Wrote Better Than Chinua Achebe? / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.