Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Islamic Ruling On April Fools - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Ruling On April Fools (7477 Views)

Islamic Ruling On DNA Testing To Establish Paternity / Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Lukgaf(m): 8:26am On Mar 29, 2018
Question:

In some foreign countries– there is the well-known custom of April Fools, which happens on the first day of April. Some Muslims are imitating them in this, thinking that it is permissible to tell lies on this day… what is your opinion on this belief and on this custom?

Answer:

Praise be to Allah

Lying is not permissible at all, at any time. And it is not permissible to imitate the kuffar (non-Muslims) and to be like them, on this day or on any other, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

And Allah knows best.

Conclusion:
Muslims should refrain from teasing people, telling lies and joining them in saying April fool.

Extracted from https://islamqa.info/en/10834

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by AlBaqir(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
Question:

In some foreign countries– there is the well-known custom of April Fools, which happens on the first day of April. Some Muslims are imitating them in this, thinking that it is permissible to tell lies on this day… what is your opinion on this belief and on this custom?

Answer:

Praise be to Allah

Lying is not permissible at all, at any time. And it is not permissible to imitate the kuffar (non-Muslims) and to be like them, on this day or on any other, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

And Allah knows best.

Conclusion:
Muslims should refrain from teasing people, telling lies and joining them in saying April fool.

# @underlined, This website love contradicting itself a times. The same website writes:

"Imam Ahmad (26731) narrated that Umm Kalthoom bint ‘Uqbah said: I never heard the Messenger of Allah grant a concession allowing any kind of lying except in three cases: a man who says something intending thereby to bring about reconciliation; a man who says something at the time of war; and a man talking to his wife or a woman talking to her husband."

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah , 545
https://islamqa.info/en/175632

# Be it as it may, a Muslim might not participate in the April fool custom but why would the salafi website accused those with such custom of kufr?!

1. For a fact, the custom of April fool among those who practice it is nowhere considered lying. Its just a teasing in a friendly and playful manner.

2. Why would this bogus website translate "Kuffar (disbelievers)" as "Non-Muslim"? Last time I check, Qur'an in several places refer to the Jews and Christians as "People of the Book". That's one of the best title you could get.

They might not believe as Muslims does but for sure they believe in God, Prophets and hereafter. This make them absolutely different from the Mushriqun (Polytheists), the atheists and the free thinkers who doesn't believe in (God), Prophets and the hereafter. If you care to read Qur'an, amongst the very last verses of the Qur'an reads:

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 69:

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."

# Before you get this point twisted, read more on its exposition here:
www.nairaland.com/1906233/islam-only-right-path

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Lukgaf(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2018
I think the statement was very clear, he has never called Muslim that says April fool Kufaar. But try to explain. Could please re read over again

AlBaqir:

# This website love contradicting itself a times. The same website writes:

"Imam Ahmad (26731) narrated that Umm Kalthoom bint ‘Uqbah said: I never heard the Messenger of Allah grant a concession allowing any kind of lying except in three cases: a man who says something intending thereby to bring about reconciliation; a man who says something at the time of war; and a man talking to his wife or a woman talking to her husband."

# Be it as it may, a Muslim might not participate in the April fool custom but why would the salafi website accused those with such custom of kufr?!

1. For a fact, the custom of April fool among those who practice it is nowhere considered lying. Its just a teasing in a friendly and playful manner.

2. Why would this bogus website translate "Kuffar (disbelievers)" as "Non-Muslim"? Last time I check, Qur'an in several places refer to the Jews and Christians as "People of the Book". That's one of the best title you could get.

They might not believe as Muslims does but for sure they believe in God, Prophets and hereafter. This make them absolutely different from the Mushriqun (Polytheists), the atheists and the free thinkers who doesn't believe in (God), Prophets and the hereafter. If you care to read Qur'an, amongst the very last verses of the Qur'an reads:

"Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve."

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by AlBaqir(m): 9:40am On Mar 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
I think the statement was very clear, he has never called Muslim that says April fool Kufaar. But try to explain. Could please re read over again

# Unfortunately, you are the one that did not read my comment with attention. I never accused the website of calling Muslims (who practice April fool) as Kuffar. Rather, his translation of "Kuffar" to "Non-muslim" was my second area of exposition.

# Kindly read gently again.

Fi amanillah.

6 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Lukgaf(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2018
Yes

Lukgaf:

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Lukgaf(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2018
But can we know your stand. Because you always refute all trivial issues of Islam. Wallau Ahlam, good intention matters
AlBaqir:

# Unfortunately, you are the one that did not read my comment with attention. I never accused the website of calling Muslims (who practice April fool) as Kuffar. Rather, his translation of "Kuffar" to "Non-muslim" was my second area of exposition.

# Kindly read gently again.

Fi amanillah.
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
But can we know your stand. Because you always refute all trivial issues of Islam. Wallau Ahlam, good intention matters

Bro, he is a Shiite. I wonder what's wrong with what came from the website. But why won't a Shiite degrade a Salafy website?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by OSUigbo: 9:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Everything get rules

Islam is truly the way of life.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by ZarahBuhari: 9:27am On Mar 30, 2018
Rulings for everything yet you do them in secrets.

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by IamSINZ(m): 9:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Please what's the Islamic ruling on blowing myself up?

12 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by sorextee(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2018
There must sha be an Islamic ruling on everything.
How to grind pepper,
How to play football
How to drink water.
Na wa o.

So I still had to swear that crappy oath, before
I could comment here. cry I tot Seun must have done
Justice to it by now..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by lolaxavier(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2018
Hmmmm....
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by zinaunreal(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2018
Whatever

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by marvin906(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2018
everything has a ruling
i reserve my comment before someone from somewhere
decides to ban me

8 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Sagay212: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2018
Islamic ruling on phucking underaged girls and boys.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by MakeWeTalk: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2018

IN ISLAM MOSLEMS CAN LIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxbHLPomAE

NOW THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THAT THE FATHER LIES IS THE DEVIL

John 8:44 (KJV)
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,
and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie,
he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I LEAVE YOU TO DO THE MATHS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Reader530(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2018
But what of Taqiya. Look at the case of Leah Sharubu, my Muslim neighbour told me that the girl should have lied that she accepted Islam and later change. He told me, it is allowed in Islam to tell lies to save yourself or gain some dividend. Most Muslims lie and swear with Allah. May God save us

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by abdullahi45: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2018
Flokey:
The moon demon and his followers debating about how they have been fooled my Muhammad the pedophilia

must you comment bro... why can't you just keep quiet. If you want to really know Islam read the good books (written by the sincere people and not orientalist) and stop following the media....

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by gr8tone: 10:05am On Mar 30, 2018
Lukgaf:
Question:

Answer:

Praise be to Allah

And Allah knows best.

Conclusion:

which verse of the qu'ran can that be found?
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Flokey: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2018
abdullahi45:

must you comment bro... why can't you just keep quiet. If you want to really know Islam read the good books (written by the sincere people and not orientalist) and stop following the media....
OK sir .. Pls recommend 'the good book ' for me to read
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Lukgaf(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2018
Reader530:
But what of Taqiya. Look at the case of Leah Sharubu, my Muslim neighbour told me that the girl should have lied that she accepted Islam and later change. He told me, it is allowed in Islam to tell lies to save yourself or gain some dividend. Most Muslims lie and swear with Allah. May God save us

You re allowed in three cases

1. Is the case you mentioned
2. When mediating
3. To make your wife or husband happy
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by kareemkamil(m): 10:36am On Mar 30, 2018
The only Almighty God religion, that fashion for mind kind, that guide people not to be astray but to the right part.
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by Reader530(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Lukgaf:

You re allowed in three cases

1. Is the case you mentioned
2. When mediating
3. To make your wife or husband happy
But in Christianity, it is not allowed. Book of John says You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by blacq2009(m): 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
AlBaqir:

# @underlined, This website love contradicting itself a times. The same website writes:

Jazakallahu khayran. Wahhabis and contradiction eerh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by blacq2009(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Bro, he is a Shiite. I wonder what's wrong with what came from the website. But why won't a Shiite degrade a Salafy website?
Give a convincing explanation/answer to his question above. Is it a crime to refuse to follow blindly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by blacq2009(m): 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Peace to you. Respect others' beliefs. What if we say you also worship a man-made god?
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by MakeWeTalk: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
blacq2009:
Peace to you. Respect others' beliefs. What if we say you also worship a man-made god?
What if we say that u follow a paedophile who you call prophet angry
Re: Islamic Ruling On April Fools by blacq2009(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
MakeWeTalk:
What if we say that u follow a paedophile who you call prophet angry
And if I now say you're a programmed, robotic bigot?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did They Burnt The Hadith? My Humble Question Pls! / PRAYING AT GRAVES.. Shirk? Haram? Invalid? Permissible? / The Complete Tahrirolvasyleh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.