Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place (3815 Views)

How Election Took Place In Gama Ward ,kano Will Shock You(pics/video) / Mother Of All Rallies Took Place In Jos – Lalong / Why Violence Took Place In Saraki's Community- Head Of Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by eyeview: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2018
Often times we read people's write ups on what they project to be the greatest fraud in the history of Nigeria. Their opinions has been as varied as their faces.

Personally, i think the biggest scam in the history of Nigeria just took place under our very nose. And no, its not a bank related fraud, its not some yahoo boys defrauding some unsuspecting victims. Its far worse. This scam didnt involve scamming some business man or an oyibo chic, this one involved scamming a whole president, not an ex president, but a sitting president, right inside Aso rock presidential villa!
How else can one fanthom this? A group of hustlers, either from the US or just some guys with phoney American accents through the Special Adviser on Diaspora matters, Abike Dabiri, who we believe is the go-between after rehearsing their script and their roles in the act arrived Nigeria and through their accomplices made their way through the security system of the villa to meet with none other than President Muhammad Buhari and his retinue of aides and cheer leaders.

Among the actors and actresses was one acting as the wife of Late Martin Luther King, Correta Scot King! Others posed as family members of the late American human rights activist. The mission: To present a fake award to our president who never 'knows' anything. And ofcourse, as expected, this wont be done without some foreign currency leaving our nation's coffers to support their foundation and mission. And this is usually no small money. And this they carried out successfully and left without any one suspecting. How can they suspect, when everyone present were busy falling over themselves to be the first to snap and upload on various social media platforms as another achievement. Their euphoria is quite understandable, seeing that this administration is in dire need of an achievement to showcase.

But what seems to have kept the whole nation and the international community baffled is the fact that the woman who gave the award to Buhari in March 2018, died on January 30th, 2009 with her burial celebrated across the globe. And yet not one single person within the presidency deciphered that. They too 'didn't know'.

In my village, we have a proverb that it is the relatives of the mad man in the market place that are ever ashamed, and not the mad man himself. Please, anybody close to this 'i dont know ' president, his retinue of useless aides and the failed APC should please beg them to quit embarrassing us and stop tarnishing what is left of our already battered image. Buhari and his government keeps making us a laughing stock in the comity of nations.

As for those actors that masterminded that 'heist', they should not feel too proud of themselves. They shouldn't feel too smart. Afterall, their 'maga' was just Buhari. Any person could outsmart him. Afterall, he never 'knows anything'.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:36am On Mar 29, 2018
Pathetic write-up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2018
post=66253377:
Pathetic write-up!
What do you mean by that? Haven't we seen enough shame to last us a last time? Isn't this shameful?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by Pierohandsome: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2018
cheesy grin
Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ReinaFarine: 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
I read it wasn't actually MLK's children and the King's Center responsible for the award(or an actor/actress pretending to be them). That a lesser known King, Naomi Barbara King, the wife of Alfred Daniel Williams King(MLK's younger brother) and A.D. King foundation that gave him the award.

And it was just assumed to be MLK. Naomi in no way suggested the award was on behalf of MLK jnr. And her foundation is co-owned by a Nigerian that felt his president deserved an honor. The confusion was from the interpretation and not either of the foundations.

I'm yet to read her actual statement though.

But I agree to an extent. If nobody in the villa could differentiate between Naomi and Coretta, and no call was placed to The King Center to confirm where the actual guest are from, and people with unconfirmed identity where allowed the close to our Grand Commander, then our security system and knowledge of foreign affairs, black civilization/freedom fighters is lacking and a disgrace worldwide.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by AnodaIT(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
$3m down the drain with unforgivable embarrassment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by IamEmem(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2018
ReinaFarine:
I read it wasn't actually MLK's children and the King's Center responsible for the award(or an actor/actress pretending to be them). That a lesser known King, Naomi Barbara King, the wife of Alfred Daniel Williams King(MLK's younger brother) and A.D. King foundation that gave him the award.

And it was just assumed to be MLK. Naomi in no way suggested the award was on behalf of MLK jnr. And her foundation is co-owned by a Nigerian that felt his president deserved an honor. The confusion was from the interpretation and not either of the foundations.

I'm yet to read her actual statement though.

But I agree to an extent. If nobody in the villa could differentiate between Naomi and Coretta, and no call was placed to The King Center to confirm where the actual guest are from, and people with unconfirmed identity where allowed the close to our Grand Commander, then our security system and knowledge of foreign affairs, black civilization/freedom fighters is lacking and a disgrace worldwide.

Boss the award was given for and onbehalf of the MLK center and that is why the center debunked it on twitter.
Like you rightly said, the info of those visiting should have been verified.
What a low!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by orunto27: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
And this is Corruption.
Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
post=66253377:
Pathetic write-up!

If you passed English, you will see that the thought process of the writer is very clear and straight to the point.

It is emphatically true that the President was scammed - all that was required was an elderly face of a woman and a young suited man with a funny accent.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2018
YOUR WRITE UP IS A SCAM
GOD BLESS PMB1523
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
YOUR WRITE UP IS A SCAM
GOD BLESS PMB1523
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by Rockyrascal(m): 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
When I first saw this on headlines days ago I just smiled and surfed the Internet for more information about the late MLK's family and i related every information I gathered with the news I read on nairaland about his family's visit to Aso rock; I just laughed and I was patiently waiting on how there would be another headline news concerning that event grin
Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ZombieTAMER: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
post=66253377:
Pathetic write-up!

Name one project initiated and completed by this administration seeking reelection?

Buhari deserves an award though
But it should be the most clueless terrorist president of all times award

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by midb1: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
write what ever bullshit you want to write.
pmb we know
pmb we trust
pmb we shall vote again in 2019

you can wail and growl to high heavens if you like
mtsewwwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ZombieTAMER: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
YOUR WRITE UP IS A SCAM

GOD BLESS PMB1523

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Terrorists always come to the aid of the other..
What are the buhari achievements in office so far..
You certainly don't know

This grandpa is going to London next Month to recharge his dying batteries... While Nigeria drifts in auto pilot
The cabals are licking their tongues gazing at the treasury... While you are here sai barbering

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ZombieTAMER: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
midb1:
write what ever bullshit you want to write.
pmb we know
pmb we trust
pmb we shall vote again in 2019

you can wail and growl to high heavens if you like
mtsewwwww

You don't have an option
Someone holds the remote control

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by bedspread: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
post=66253377:
Pathetic write-up!
this is a pathetic comment by a pathetic human...with a Dead Conscience

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by lankieman: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2018
What do u expect? Our president was given the award by the dead for recognizing the dead through various appointments he gave them. Or were u not aware when he appointed dead people to head the boards...take time o cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by urvillagepeoplee(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
post=66253377:
Pathetic write-up!
instead of promoting your business,you are commenting rubbish all over the place,do you think I will come spent my money on your pathetic fish after reading your pathetic comments all over the place,you are not a sensible business person and should be sacked if you don't own the BBQ business.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by peterveo(m): 1:07am On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
instead of promoting your business,you are commenting rubbish all over the place,do you think I will come spent my money on your pathetic fish after reading your pathetic comments all over the place,you are not a sensible business person and should be sacked if you don't own the BBQ business.
Savagery grin grin grin This is brutality chai! Nigerians get mouth oooo, I like that "pathetic fish" part. E go pain am ehn cheesy
Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by urvillagepeoplee(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2018
peterveo:
Savagery grin grin grin This is brutality chai! Nigerians get mouth oooo, I like that "pathetic fish" part. E go pain am ehn cheesy
no mind d mumu guy,instead of posting things that will attract customers to his business,he is meddling into political affairs.
Re: The Biggest Scam In The History Of Nigeria Just Took Place by ivandragon: 9:24am On Mar 30, 2018
while the presidency didn't explicitly state that the MLKing Centre was involved, it 'inferred' that the MLKing family was conferring an award on pmb.

the presidency tried to leverage on the MLKing brand by releasing just enough information to give the impression that pmb is highly regarded by the MLKing foundation.

it was hilarious to now see Dabiri state the event was a 'low key' one.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

IGP Idris "Transmission" Speech Now On Wikipedia. / Pic Of The Day: No Comment Needed / Nnamdi Kanu Blasted By His Followers For Lying To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.