Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (122185 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rukidanty: 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
where is it na? we have patiently waited for the updates.... my Heineken has finished and still waiting with d second bottle

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
EPISODE 45
(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

A Saturday Evening, Banana Island, Yemi’s Residence.

Yemi sat down in his sitting room watching the 7 O’clock news. The news bored him so he picked up his phone and started scrolling through his call log out of boredom. Then he saw the number that called him while he was with Simisola’s parent about two weeks earlier. He became curious and decided to call the number. The phone rang for a long time and went dead after nobody picked it. He tried it again and once more it rang for a long time. He was about ending the call when the person at the other side picked it. It was the phone operator in Port Harcourt. He had a difficult time remembering who could have called Yemi as he attended to several customers a day. But after several prompts from Yemi, he was able to remember. Yemi was delighted to learn that Simisola lived just a block away from the spot. He got the address and thanked the operator.

He began dialling Yinka’s number to give him the news but was cut short by a news item from the TV that caught his attention. He watched in horror the live coverage of an incidence on a rowdy street in Port Harcourt. The police had just rescued three kidnappers from being lynched to death by an angry mob. The police paraded them in front of the camera. That was when Yemi saw a mad woman in the background who seemed not to be bothered by the uproar around her. Her concern was picking papers and other rubbish. Yemi couldn’t have missed the face despite her grown, unkempt hair and dirty faceit was Simisola!

Yemi gasped for air as he fell to the ground. That was his Simisola, his Quiet Beauty, his Jewel from the Ghetto, picking rubbish on the streets of Port Harcourt! With teary eyes, he called Yinka and they made arrangements to fly to Port Harcourt as soon as possible.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
rukidanty:
where is it na? we have patiently waited for the updates.... my Heineken has finished and still waiting with d second bottle

Lol!

Ah, pele. You have it now.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
Wres d rest nw

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
EPISODE 46
(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

Early the following morning, they were at the spot Yemi saw her in the news. The whole placed was calm and Simisola was nowhere to be found. They combed the entire place and environs but still couldn’t locate her. When they asked around, they were told she wasn’t one of the familiar mad faces in the area. She might have wandered from somewhere else and perhaps returned to where she came from. Most mentally derailed people, like normal people, too had ‘homes’. They were told.

Yemi had an idea. He brought out the piece of paper on which he wrote the address he collected from the phone operator. They soon located the place. Yemi and Yinka were shocked that it was the very place they had stopped to recharge their phones when they were searching earlier. That was when Yemi realized that the lady that vanished from the road when he looked back might have been Simisola.

They both blamed themselves for not showing her picture to the young man and asked about her on that occasion. How could they have missed that? Yemi blamed himself for not allowing the driver get back to the spot before instructing him to head to the police station the day he felt the unexplainable urge to go back to check out the lady. He blamed himself more for not calling back the number the day the caller refused to talk. If he had done any of those perhaps he would have found her before her brain fried up.

They wondered why nobody was able to recognize her when they came asking around for her in the neighbourhood. The operator explained that nobody knew her in the area because she was relatively new and spent all her day locking herself up in her room except once in a while when she came to make phone calls. He volunteered to take them to the uncompleted building that had been her home since she lost her sanity. He further explained that it pained everyone seeing her like that but there was little they could do since nobody knew anything about her or her family.

By the time they got to her filthy abode, she was gone! They scanned the area and realized that she might have left in a hurry as if she was forcefully taken. Yemi found his picture some distance from the entrance which suggested it had fallen off her hand as she was being taken away. Yemi picked it up and saw what looked like patches of dry tears all over it. The sight of the picture shattered him inside out. He pressed his fist to his mouth and cried silently.

“Who could have taken her? What could they have wanted with an insane lady?” Yinka asked in confusion.

The operator shook his head sadly. “There have been reports of people, especially mad people, missing in recent times,” he hinted.

“So, have they resorted to kidnapping mad people too in this country?” Yemi was equally confused.

“No, not by kidnappers but ritualists.”

“Ritualists?!” Yemi and Yinka exchanged looks. Yemi’s hands flew to his head.

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
YINKS89:
Wres d rest nw

Yinks89, you have it now.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Yinks89, you have it now.
ahnahn t was suppose to b four updates.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Peppergroove(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2018
Too short n ah
I Wii shout oo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 28, 2018
YINKS89:
wink

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rukidanty: 4:51am On Apr 28, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Lol!

Ah, pele. You have it now.
thanks for d update but this updates is short o

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Kaycee9242(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2018
James tanx for d update even though its too short but half bread dy say ......

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2018
No comment for now,

Sir James I no cu ooo.

Bored

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Kormforth: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Ann2012(f): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2018
Oga James, food never done? Abeg update biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
YINKS89:

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Peppergroove:
Too short n ah
I Wii shout oo

Ah, shout ke! No vex. Abeg manage na. Fresh episodes cooking sha.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
rukidanty:
thanks for d update but this updates is short o

Eyah! No vex. Fresh episodes cooking.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kaycee9242:
James tanx for d update even though its too short but half bread dy say ......

Thanks for your understanding, baba. Anyways, fresh episodes cooking.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
skubido:
No comment for now,

Sir James I no cu ooo.

Bored

Ah! Skubido of all people bored ke? Iyen lagbara ooo. No vex. Fresh episodes cooking.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kormforth:
Thanks for the update

UWC, kormforth.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ann2012:
Oga James, food never done? Abeg update biko

Ann2012, almost done jare. Make I just add small Maggie make e for sweet.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by emperorblog(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
READ COOL INTERESTING STORY HERE
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by emperorblog(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
READ COOL INTERESTING STORY HERE
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
FRESH EPISODES DON DONE OOOOO!

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Jasmine4(f): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
I wee nuh gree oh! D updates neva done??...Abeg hurry o.
Buh sha ur story make brain..It's lovely

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Bolaji299(m): 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
Bros Oya drop it like is hot

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
EPISODE 47
(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

The operator shook his head sadly. “There have been reports of people, especially mad people, missing in recent times,” he hinted.

“So, have they resorted to kidnapping mad people too in this country?” Yemi was equally confused.

“No, not by kidnappers but ritualists.”

“Ritualists?!” Yemi and Yinka exchanged looks. Yemi’s hands flew to his head.

“That looks like the only plausible and logical explanation here, sirs.” The operator explained.

They asked around and nobody could give any account of what happened. The conclusion almost everybody reached was that whoever took her must had done it during the cover of the night. After an exhaustive search, Yemi and Yinka were left in a quandary. Disillusioned, they went back to their hotel.

While at the bar, Yinka struck a conversation with the Hotel Manager. He raised the issue of disappearance of mentally unstable people and the manager shared what he knew with him. He confirmed the record of ritualists kidnapping demented people. He also informed him of the activities of an NGO in recent times that had been picking mentally unstable people from the streets and taking them to the Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital at Uselu, Benin City to be taken care of. That sounded soothing to Yinka and definitely to Yemi too by the time Yinka related his findings to him. Without wasting anymore time, they headed to Uselu.

Locating Simisola at the hospital wasn’t easy because nobody knew her real identity. They were able to locate her after showing her picture to the attendants.

Finding their way to ward WG-04 was easy. It was on the left after a right turn from the corridor connecting the reception. Yemi and Yinka quickened their steps as they walked down the corridor and when they got to the door of ward WG-04, Yemi’s legs suddenly grew heavy. He hesitated at the entrance with his mind racing through the different possibilities of what might lie at the other side of the door.

He drew in a deep breath and released it in one strong puff. He rubbed his palms vigorously together. He looked at Yinka as if as seeking his permission to go in. Yinka nodded his head in the direction of the door, encouraging him to open it.

Yemi flung the door open and gasped at the sight that met his eyes!

Yemi’s gaze was fixed on the calm figure lying in the bed. Yinka entered right after him. There was his Simisola looking a lot different from the image Yemi saw on the news the day before. She was looking clean with her hair now trim. Her face still radiated her silent beauty even in her state of insanity.

The moment she caught sight of Yemi, her expression changed. It transited, first, from a blank stare to furrowed eyebrows and then to eyes opening fully wide. She held her hands to her chest. Her jaw dropped. “Oh, my ... my ...”

A joyful grin escaped Yemi’s lips. “Oh, my darling Simisola.” He opened his arms wide, shook his head slowly from side to side, and walked to embrace her. He covered the distance in two strides. Simisola hugged him tightly as she nestled her chin on his shoulder. Yemi rubbed her back gently and he heaved a slow long sigh of accomplishment.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

3 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
Jasmine4:
I wee nuh gree oh!
D updates neva done??...Abeg hurry o.

Buh sha ur story make brain..It's lovely

Jasmine4, I don serve am oooo.
And thanks for the compliment.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Bolaji299:
Bros Oya drop it like is hot

Bolaji299, I don drop am oooo. O gbona feli feli .
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
EPISODE 48
(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

A joyful grin escaped Yemi’s lips. “Oh, my darling Simisola.” He opened his arms wide, shook his head slowly from side to side, and walked to embrace her. He covered the distance in two strides. Simisola hugged him tightly as she nestled her chin on his shoulder. Yemi rubbed her back gently and he heaved a slow long sigh of accomplishment.

“Oh, my chicken, I’ve really missed you,” she said. Yemi was startled. “Did you bring Mr Sun for me?” Then she began to recite a nursery rhyme, “Mr Sun, Sun Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me. Mr Sun, Sun ... Mr Golden Sun ...”

Aghast, Yemi leaned back from her, staring at her with a penetrating gaze. “Oh, Sweetie, it’s not Mr Chicken. It’s me Yemi, your Yemi, your Baby Boy.”

Simisola looked at him with a concentrated gaze, leaning her head towards him and tilting it left and right as if searching for any recognizable signs on his face.

Yemi smiled. “See? It’s me, Yemi. Remember?” He spread his arms apart. “Your Sweetheart ...”

And as if she suddenly remembered something, she responded, “So, it is you ...” Then her expression turned into a frown. She started hitting him hard across the chest, screaming, “No. Go away from me. Kidnappers. They want to kidnap me. Go away from me!”

Yinka looked on in perplexity. He was stunned by Simisola’s erratic mood swings. The doctors are the nurses rushed in and ushered Yemi and Yinka out of the ward while they calmed down the situation.

Days grew into weeks and weeks into months but Simisola showed little improvements. However, Yemi became a regular face at the hospital--visiting and bringing gifts and flowers. Yinka was very supportive through this trying period of dilemma. Yemi made sure she didn’t lack a single thing. With time, Simisola became comfortable around him, seeing him as a friend and not as her Yemi though.

At a point, Yemi’s father came all the way to the hospital to pay her a visit. Yemi also arranged for Auntie Funmi, Ngozi, Scorpion, Taiwo, and Kehinde to visit her. The doctors had told him that to help Simisola in her recovery, she needed to be shown a lot of love and care. And seeing people she once loved would go a long way in helping. To achieve this, Yemi spent more time in Port Harcourt than in Lagos. Each night, Yemi got back to his hotel room with heavy heart and cried himself to sleep.

With what Scorpion saw at the hospital, he returned to Lagos with a renewed zeal to fish out those behind the setup and bring them to book. He became more ruthless in his search for the truth. He didn’t care how many noses he had to break or how many jaws he had to crush. All he cared about was getting to the bottom of the matter. After much effort, Scorpion found out that the name of the man in the picture with Simisola was Michael who lived in Ondo State. Scorpion soon tracked him down to his home.

The day Scorpion found him would, no doubt, go down in his diary as the worse day of his life. He initially proved tough and stubborn until he witnessed Scorpion’s brute force. Then he began to talk like a parrot.

“Please I will talk ... I will talk,” he begged. “I don’t have anything to do with it,” he swore. He touched his tongue with his index finger and raised up towards the ceiling. “I was contracted by someone in Lagos to pose with her for the pictures and I got paid. I didn’t do anything to her. I swear.”

“Someone in Lagos contracted you? That sounds interesting.” Scorpion rubbed his fist in his palm and bit his lower lip.

“No. Please don’t hit me again. I’m saying the truth,” Michael cried.

“So, who contracted you?”

“Erm ... erm ...” he stammered. “She’s an Ibo lady. She works in a saloon in Lagos. She said her name was Ngozi.”

“NGOZI?!!!” Scorpion was shocked. “Simisola’s best friend?”

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hello folks,

Greetings from me to you. Hope you guys are doing great. I really appreciate you guys for sticking around with me and my story this long. The level of interest and involvement with the story and it's characters has been tremendous and I can't thank you guys enough for it.

I am sure that many of us are flabbergasted by this unexpected twist in the story!

As the story nears it's end, I can assure you that there are still more nerve-wracking suspense and the most unbelievable twists ahead. And I know that right now most of us (me inclusive) might be finding it real hard to hold the suspense any longer. I equally know that some might be like, “ogbeni, just drop this thing and let us breathe jare!”

For this reason and as my appreciation to you for taking the pain to stick around this long despite my annoying suspense (laugh), I have decided to offer a 40% discount on the book to you guys for the next 24 hrs so that you don't have to wait it for my slow-motion updates.

That means you can now get the book @ N300 for the next 24 hrs instead of the normal price of N500 from Okadabooks on this links:

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

Thank you for the love, the loyalty, and the support.

With love,

Qudus Oko-Osi

NB: I will still continue to post updates here until the story ends. That was the promise I made at the beginning of this journey and I am 100% committed to the promise. So, don't feel obligated to buy the book if you can continue to handle the suspense and have the patience to wait for the updates.

Love y'all.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac / My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.